Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2019 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Plenty of battles this episode. Nobunaga's army may be a disadvantage but he's not backing down without a fight. The idea of a betrayer in this show kinda sounds cliche though.

A lot of bodies dropping this episode.
Aug 26, 2019 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
Nobunaga should have shot Tsuzuki when he had that chance. A missed opportunity.

Aug 26, 2019 8:01 AM

Feb 2017
I really hate Tsuzuki
Aug 26, 2019 8:34 AM
Jul 2019
This epiode is a dramatization of the historical Battle of Inou, when Oda Nobukatsu declared war on Nobunaga.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_In%C5%8D

Also, Tsuchida Gozen did beg Nobunaga for mercy following Nobukatsu's defeat there.

The content with Tsuzuki manipulating Nobukatsu is dramatic licence; although it is likely the historical Nobukatsu may have acted out of jealousy/pressure from retainers.
Aug 26, 2019 3:16 PM
Apr 2017
I'm a bit miffed that Hidetaka went from warrior killed by Nobunaga to some mushi-addicted wimp killed by some random assassin. I understand the need to do something like this, but I wish there was an anime that narrated the Oda Nobunaga story the way it happened. It'd need to be R+ and all that but it could be pretty neat.

Still, this was a nice episode when all was said and done. Tsuzuki is there to be loathsome and he manages it quite well.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 26, 2019 3:28 PM

Sep 2017
Nobunaga should have killed his brother when he had the chance. I hate Tsuzuki. He only makes matters worse for everyone. good episode. looking forward to the next one.
Aug 26, 2019 7:31 PM
Jan 2019
Great episode! It was exciting. There was a clear difference between the army of Nobunaga and Nobukatsu. You cannot buy the loyalty of the soldiers with money. "Against such ties, the numbers will not bring victory," and so it was. Nobunaga's followers are loyal to him, and he has earned his respect. Thanks to that, and Tsuneoki's great words towards Nobunaga and the army, they were able to win the victory with determination and unity. Although the love that Nobunaga feels for his brother, cannot be broken so easily, he won victory in battle, but not over his feelings. He is admirable, but also somewhat naive.
I hope that in the next episode they start the root problem, and eliminate Tsusuki, that damn manipulative bastard.

"A moment of indecision, could mean the loss of many lives" -Tsuneoki-
Aug 27, 2019 8:10 AM

Mar 2017
Wait a minute, i thought that Ikeda killed Nobukatsu (Nobuyuki, whatever name ya wanna call him by) in Suemori castle. Or did Nobukatsu revolt twice and was executed the 2nd time?
Aug 27, 2019 8:16 AM

Jul 2017
Let the war drum roll between Nobukatsu and Nobunaga. With the way that the younger brother is manipulated both in leadership (retainers) and strategy/tactics (i.e. big bad wolf Tsuzuki), this greed for supremacy is fighting a dead end, even roping in innocent townsfolk.

To the acquitted elder brother Nobunaga, even if he doesn't want to fight, his way with sentimentality isn't good and his naive disability to discern betrayal (even from loyal friends who know this (i.e. Tsuneoki)) does not waver him. I'd wage that Nobunaga would have to do hard to figure this political puzzle, since he can only think logically post-situation.

Nobunaga's army is small, but the loyal binds are stronger than Nobukatsu's might and sheer strength in numbers.

I'd much rather Nobunaga had that gun shot existent towards Tsuzuki instead of his younger brother. Unfortunately...the villain continues his role in Nobukatsu's life...hopefully Nobunaga would seek him out as the rat.

Good episode, finally.
Aug 27, 2019 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
kater_tot said:
Wait a minute, i thought that Ikeda killed Nobukatsu (Nobuyuki, whatever name ya wanna call him by) in Suemori castle. Or did Nobukatsu revolt twice and was executed the 2nd time?

It's kinda a spoiler from the history, so I'm not sure if answering is allowed, but
Aug 27, 2019 11:08 PM
Mar 2015
They are dragging the execution of the traitor out for dramatic reasons
Aug 28, 2019 1:24 PM

Mar 2017
AntonKutovoi said:
kater_tot said:

It's kinda a spoiler from the history, so I'm not sure if answering is allowed, but

Ah okay, thanks for that! I read before about a twice rebellion but i thought that was Nobutomo.
Feb 5, 2020 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
Tsuzuki should have been killed, too bad Nobukatsu has been manipulated to the point where he distrusts his beloved brother Nobunaga even though the latter didn't ordered him to get killed after getting caught

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

32 by Obabby »»
Jul 11, 2023 2:27 AM

» Finally ... (something set in Samurai era which doesn't look like Otome game adaption)

Luthandorius - May 31, 2019

7 by OP_Rider »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

23 by kari-ya »»
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

23 by gophercg »»
Apr 10, 2020 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

11 by gophercg »»
Mar 27, 2020 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.