Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nobunaga should really be careful if he doesn't want to fall into more traps.

Really wish I can get more invested into the other characters though. Everyone else feels like they lack depth in personality. I wonder how much they plan to develop Nobunaga and Ikoma's relationship in this show since that seems to be a focus for now.

Jul 15, 2019 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
Kichou got injured and Nobunaga ended up saving her.

Little Oichi is cute.

Jul 15, 2019 8:24 AM
Aug 2018
Amazing episode again. This is my fav anime this season. Nobunaga growns up and he's smart. Oichi is really cut, i can't wait her growth. Kichou is perfect, a mistress but able to fight. The ending is supreme but with some spoilers.
I loved the amusing scene between Nobunaga and Tsuneoki, but I bet Nobunaga could care about Kichou.
Can't wait for episode 3.
Jul 15, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2017
Hmm, very interesting episode. So they're going with the popular theory that Kichou was a spy for the Saito huh? That's the most compelling story to tell to be honest.

I really don't understand how people are rating this a 6.39 when there has only been 2 fucking episodes and so far it's been pretty great with the way it's kept to the facts but also made things more interesting with it's own fictitious elements.

I hope that within the next couple of episodes it fleshes out the characters more, now that we have a majority of the main characters.
Jul 15, 2019 8:58 AM
Jun 2013
thats upsetting. her father did that to her breast b/c he wanted her to look like a guy? thats what i took from it, please let me kno if im wrong. somewhat a good anime, i like how it has that touch of romance i want in every anime i watch. lets see how everything plays out now since Nobunaga found out
Jul 15, 2019 8:59 AM
Sep 2017
I'm so confused, is she a man? Why does he say that (also her flat chest)? Or am I getting something wrong here? I feel dumb.
Jul 15, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2019
chipi1016 said:
I'm so confused, is she a man? Why does he say that (also her flat chest)? Or am I getting something wrong here? I feel dumb.

I think she just has a flat chest to start with.

What is implied is that Kichou's likely served in many dangerous missions as a shinobi/spy for her father and earned many injuries in them (the scars), and the fact that her father keeps pushing her as spy means he thinks so little of her as his child and more as a battle asset.
Jul 15, 2019 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Wait... Kicho is a dude here? Or I am misunderstanding something here? If she is a he, then my hopes of this show being an actually decent historical series (designs aside) has just been shattered.
Jul 15, 2019 10:17 AM
May 2017
Wow. I didn't expect so see a badass kunoichi here. I really like her.
Oichi is here too! She's cute! I wonder how prominent she'll be in this intepretation. I wonder if Ranmaru will appear in this anime.
Jul 15, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2011
I'm really confuse about Kichou. Is she a woman or a man ? For all people she is female.
If she's a woman does her breast was removed (and why ?) or her chest was so hurt and full of scars that her breast never grow up ?

And if Kichou is male, why disguise her as a woman ? If the Viper needs a Kunoichi, he can choose a real kunoichi or raises one and pretend she is his daughter.

In the ending she cut her hair so she looks like a man but she still wears a top to cover her chest.

Raikiri29Jul 15, 2019 4:24 PM
Jul 15, 2019 4:41 PM

Mar 2019
AntonKutovoi said:
Wait... Kicho is a dude here? Or I am misunderstanding something here? If she is a he, then my hopes of this show being an actually decent historical series (designs aside) has just been shattered.

Nobunaga thought she was a guy because of her previous apparition as a shinobi...
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jul 15, 2019 5:06 PM

Nov 2013
CrasianLe said:
thats upsetting. her father did that to her breast b/c he wanted her to look like a guy? thats what i took from it, please let me kno if im wrong. somewhat a good anime, i like how it has that touch of romance i want in every anime i watch. lets see how everything plays out now since Nobunaga found out

i think her breasts were hurt when she fired the gun? didn't it all (fight until marriage) happen in a few days/weeks?

anyway, when i started this anime i didn't think it would be so fun/interesting to watch
at this rate i'll easily give it an 8 in the end lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 15, 2019 5:52 PM
Jul 2019
I'm so confused , no really is she a man or woman? But whatever I really love this anime my best historical anime I think , is not done yet but I hope that the other episodes will be more interesting .
Jul 15, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2015
Guess Kichou couldn't finish the job! I was really bummed out, too bad! Just typical.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 15, 2019 9:07 PM

May 2009
They made Kichou a guy in this version.
Jul 16, 2019 2:40 AM
Jan 2019
She is a damnn woman guys
Wikipedia : "Lady Nō (Japanese: 濃姫 Hepburn: Nōhime, Nohime), also known as Kichō (帰蝶), was the legal wife of Oda Nobunaga, a major daimyō during the Sengoku period of Japanese history. Her proper name was Kichō, but since she came from Mino Province, she is most commonly referred to as Nōhime ("Lady of Mino"; Nō is an abbreviation for Nōshū (濃州), other name of Mino Province, and hime means "lady, princess, woman of noble family"). She was renowned for her beauty and cleverness.

Nōhime's father was the daimyo Saitō Dōsan and her mother was known as Omi no Kata. Nō herself appears very little in any historical record, and there is not a lot of information on the dates of her birth or death; however, proposed dates for her birth fall in 1533–35. According to one historical record, Lady Nō was infertile, and when Nobunaga's concubine Lady Kitsuno gave birth to Oda Nobutada, the child was given to Lady Nō, Nobunaga's legal wife, to be raised as Nobunaga's heir"
Jul 16, 2019 3:57 AM
Jul 2019
Kicho is a man , okay do you remember when kicho was injured who stop here blood of course nobunaga so he saw everything, in ceremony of wedding he said kicho is man. I have the picture but I don't know how i put it re watch the episode 2 please.
Jul 16, 2019 9:04 AM
Jan 2019
When I saw Kichou's chest, I thought he was a man instead of a woman 😅.
Jul 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2016
From what I gathered Kichou is a woman. Nobunaga asks her servant if she is HER companion after she been hurt in chest. The scars is also most likely due to that missfired gun shot just before their wedding. And as several others pointed out, in the ED she has a breast cover which would be unnecessary if she was a dude...
Jul 16, 2019 11:00 AM

Sep 2017
great episode. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Jul 16, 2019 3:40 PM
Sep 2017
transphinx said:

Nobunaga thought she was a guy because of her previous apparition as a shinobi...

Uhm.. this doesn't fly because (as someone else said) Nobunaga fixed them up after the gun misfire so, he saw all there was to see. Also, I do get that the historical figure was a woman... just saying, did they change it into a man for this series?

Or could it have been a translation issue, when Nobunaga says that his bride is a man? I get that girls could have a flat chest and I know they got those scars from the gun incident, but it did seem like a VERY flat chest and the person that fixed that chest was calling them a man.... so..... I'm still confused. I guess I have to keep watching to find out lol.
Jul 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Oct 2008
this might be the most perfect presentation of Kichou!
5/5.

Jul 17, 2019 2:47 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I was bored watching it felt like I was watching Fairy Gone nothing interesting to me about this episode.
Jul 19, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
Nobunaga gets married is Kichou
Looks that firstly she wanted murder him,but after kind words from Nobunaga she wants stay with him.

Jul 19, 2019 1:48 PM

Dec 2016
I rewatched parts of episode with Kichou and I'm 80% shure she is woman (because in some shots you can see curves) and line "he is a guy" (or how you have translated) was just a joke awkward but still just a joke.

funny enough, I was wondering about dropping or putting On-hold before watching this episode but I guess I will watch next episodes. xD
Nieznajomy43Jul 19, 2019 1:59 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 19, 2019 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
A lot darker and more dramatic than the previous episode, i am still quite enjoying it though!
Jul 27, 2019 10:58 PM
Mar 2012
Pretty nice political tension without too much mess. Kichou's real cool ninja moves.
lol no not a trap, Oda so funny
From marriage/assassination affecting both provinces Owari vs Minou, to realization Dousan just using his daughter, her scars & staying with Nobunaga. So much happened without feeling rushed.
Aug 6, 2019 12:48 PM
Mar 2015
I'm confused is Kichou a guy or a girl? at the end when they revealed her wounds, her chest look like a male chest and not a female? I saw some comments saying she is a guy and some say she is a girl because it is customary for female ninja to have their breast remove.
When I watched the ep it seem to me that she is a guy disguised as a girl maybe to make her job easier to kill her target and she will not be suspicious.
In this ep they also mentioned that this is not her first marriage, I think it might be either because her previous husband found out that she is a guy before she kill him maybe or he divorced her because she got her breast removed.
purple_octopusAug 6, 2019 12:52 PM
Sep 26, 2019 6:57 PM

Jun 2014
I never watched the ending credits, so I'm still confused about Kichou's gender.

Oct 15, 2019 11:46 AM
Oct 2017
Seiya said:
I never watched the ending credits, so I'm still confused about Kichou's gender.

You shouldn't be, it's clearly Feminine.
Oct 15, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
BiggKab said:
Seiya said:

You shouldn't be, it's clearly Feminine.

Finish watching the Anime, and then tell me what gender you think Kichou is.

Feb 5, 2020 6:20 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao oda's reaction towards getting married to Kichou was pretty fun to see, especially him asking Ikeda to be at his side at night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 11, 2023 2:27 AM
Jul 2023
I thought that Kichou is a male because
First, she had a male chest
Some ppl said that she cut off her breasts but it didn’t hav any scars of big cutting only scars from sword

Second, she cannot give birth . she is female, although doesn’t hav breasts she must can give birth and in wiki describes about real biological that she was infertile so the second wife gave a birth and she is who raised the son . Maybe in Anime, modified and make her gender as a male to adapt with the real one

Thirdly, the reason why ppl in the Anime still pronounce Kichou as a woman by She . Because give her an honor for raising up and being as a princess for the rest of her life .In one sentence of Tsuneoki said to Kichou that
“ it’s almost disappointing that you have to be treated as a woman “

This part in wiki is so sad
“Although she was his official wife, it is often believed that he focused his love on his concubine, Kitsuno, who bore him his first son, Nobutada. Nō was never able to conceive a child with Nobunaga”

Maybe because of the real is so mean to Kichou Then they swapped who nobunaga love most

That’s all my opinion 🤍🤍
ObabbyJul 11, 2023 2:51 AM

More topics from this board

» Finally ... (something set in Samurai era which doesn't look like Otome game adaption)

Luthandorius - May 31, 2019

7 by OP_Rider »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

23 by kari-ya »»
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

23 by gophercg »»
Apr 10, 2020 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

11 by gophercg »»
Mar 27, 2020 4:47 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

15 by Unkrowned »»
Feb 5, 2020 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.