Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2019 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they even got Jeanne d'Arc! They're really bringing into together so many ideas into one show.

Not to mention, England and France has their conflict/war going on.
Mar 16, 2019 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Ever since I first saw her in the ED I could tell that was Jeanne d'Arc. Not a fairy tale though.
Mar 16, 2019 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
Ever since I first saw her in the ED I could tell that was Jeanne d'Arc. Not a fairy tale though.

Actually there is a fairy tale by the same name inspired by Jeanne d'Arc legend, just like how Gilles de Rais inspired "Bluebeard"

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Mar 16, 2019 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Mistralist said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Actually there is a fairy tale by the same name inspired by Jeanne d'Arc legend, just like how Gilles de Rais inspired "Bluebeard"

Ulysses: Jeanne D'arc and the Alchemist Knight? ;0)
Mar 16, 2019 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
so know the fate before hand is really hard..... the stories are somewhat overwelming
Mar 17, 2019 2:32 AM

Jan 2011
Mistralist said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Have a link for that? There's a lot on Jeanne d'Arc I'd have to wade through without even knowing if it's the specific one you're referring to. If it's literally just the history involving her then I feel my point stands. The whole " how dare you write a story with conflict" diatribe the antagonists have rings even more hollow when it's just a biography.
Mar 17, 2019 4:17 AM

Feb 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
Mistralist said:

Have a link for that? There's a lot on Jeanne d'Arc I'd have to wade through without even knowing if it's the specific one you're referring to. If it's literally just the history involving her then I feel my point stands. The whole " how dare you write a story with conflict" diatribe the antagonists have rings even more hollow when it's just a biography.

Well it's a bit difficult to answer, as what you asked is like questioning which Cinderella version this game/anime based on (like Brother Grimms or Perrault, and whose recollection edition and which year). But to answer it as straight as possible, this is based on Jeanne d'Arc poem (which I forgot who composed it), and this answer is based on jp community discussion some years back. Also worth to note this game/anime fairy tale not only limited to written children stories, but also plays (like Midsummer Nights Dream) even ballets (such as Swan Lake).

Sorry I can't provide you any link.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
Mar 17, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
So this time it's Jehanne d'arc huh...
they should have made a better character design for her...
4/5.

Mar 17, 2019 8:24 AM

May 2009
Another season, another Jannu

Seriously, do Japanese think she is fictional character? Previous episodes were about fairy tales, legends and novels.
Mar 17, 2019 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
matias067 said:
4/5.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
Mar 17, 2019 1:45 PM

Jan 2019
Tbh, I haven't seen the episode yet, but does anyone knows how many episodes this will have? I was speculating that it would be 12, but it surprises me that it hasn't been officially announced yet
Mar 18, 2019 12:06 AM

Oct 2008
Mistralist said:
matias067 said:
4/5.

Now that looks much better! definitely!!

Mar 18, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 2019
I did not expect to see the story of Joan of Arc. Damned narrators and their cruel outcomes.
Apparently the girl, priestess of chaos, is not so bad. Although I support their ideals, the problem is that when they change their destiny, a whole area of ​​faith can be destroyed.
"What do you want to protect? Your life or your destiny?"

PS: What the hell is a Jabberwock?
Mar 24, 2019 12:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm joan of arc huh considering her fame i expected her to be featured. Still despite the great task ahead of her its nice to see that this Joan seems to be level headed and confident. Indeed Ex does have a tendency to get too involved at times. Curly though is quite the interesting character as despite being a villain she sure has quite the sense of curiosity as well. Looks like the team is mindful of the time when Ex will eventually leave them. The villain this time sure was quite interesting being a ghost that was created from english rage. While its sad that you can't change Joan's fate being able to carry on her wishes though can be said to make up for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2019 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
How boring! Why didn't he go to the dark side?
May 2, 2019 7:19 PM

Feb 2014
The blind girl is right.

Basically he let Jeanne die.

TechOtakuMay 2, 2019 7:22 PM
Aug 23, 2019 10:30 AM

Apr 2011
I already had the feeling she's Jeanne in the OP. I don't know why. But she's cute.
Dec 6, 2019 7:14 PM
Jan 2018
WolfDBreidi said:
PS: What the hell is a Jabberwock?

Jabberwock is a creature of legend in the Wonderland books
Aug 1, 2021 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
Jeanne isn't a fairy tale.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

58 by Shadow-god1 »»
Nov 7, 2022 3:36 PM

» any memorable quotes from this anime?

KawaseGawa - Nov 14, 2021

3 by KawaseGawa »»
Nov 14, 2021 9:05 PM

» the song name in the last episode?

ibraheem234 - Mar 31, 2019

3 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
Sep 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

20 by Magito »»
Aug 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

4 by Magito »»
Aug 23, 2019 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.