Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2019 4:43 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm honestly a bit impressed. This isn't the first time that Umibozu goes against Ryou, but it's the first time he isn't doing this at the behest of a stranger for no good reason or for his "pride." It also isn't the first time that Ryou's past comes back to haunt him, but it's the first time that it feels somewhat compelling even if it came out of nowhere.

I didn't know about Umibozu's eyes, I thought the sunglasses were just his style. I would have appreciated if this was somehow foreshadowed before, but it's still good. Not the way he isn't honest about it with Miki, or the way she took out her frustration on Ryou, he was being obnoxious but still; but it's good, it adds some depth to the character, and I just hope it won't be miraculously cured.

And of course Ryou isn't going to die, but Kaori crying and running in the way of the bullet is nothing new, but I guess that's all that she can do. At least she tried to stop it too.
Feb 28, 2019 4:47 AM

Oct 2012
Kaori being Kaori, oblivious until someone told her the real story

I thought the story is going to be like Falcon "killed" his best friend
Because the bad guy telling lies, so the daughter should believe it without any doubts
But the "bad guy" doesn't exist :P

That preview, damn cliffhanger.. good thing the next episode aired already xD
Rayl1ghtFeb 28, 2019 4:50 AM
"Signature removed"
Sep 14, 2023 5:51 PM

Dec 2021
Ah... so this is why Umibozu was blind in Angel Heart. I thought it was just an Angel Heart thing.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

More topics from this board

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 10 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

6 by Daviljoe193 »»
Nov 23, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 2 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 5, 2019

3 by Gurtjr »»
Dec 20, 2022 3:02 PM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 13 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Apr 29, 2015

10 by JCRide »»
Oct 2, 2022 5:57 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 7 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Jun 10, 2015

5 by removed-user »»
Jun 2, 2021 7:54 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 10, 2019

2 by Damnits »»
Aug 19, 2020 11:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.