Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Happy Sugar Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Feb 4, 2022 7:55 PM
Jul 2020
Kinda in the middle with this ending but I guess it was okay. Feel bad for Shoko and Asahi, I don't sympathize with Satou at all though I was interested to see how far she could pull it off but shit does come back to bite you and now Asahi has to deal with the mess left behind.
Feb 14, 2022 4:37 PM
May 2018
Yuri_Fanatic said:
toffeefee1 said:
Thought it was very good overall although I definitely wished Shio had died, she'd be so fucked up after the events of the show

Did you just wish for death on an innocent little girl?

Yes? They both accepted their death. The most horrific thing after an attempt of suicide is surviving. Her life would not last long for sure but since she is still alive, she will continue living in hell as long as her heart still works
Mar 16, 2022 6:58 AM
Apr 2020
So even if that psychopath yandere girl is gone, it's still useless...

Hmm.. Wow nice. Definitely nice. Great series. A REALLY great one.. If I'm gonna rank School Days and Kuzu no Honkai together, this will get a 2nd place for me. With School Days on top and Konkai on 3rd. 6/10
Jun 2, 2022 10:27 PM
Mar 2022
Really nice ending for a really mediocre show. glad satou died. poor asahi and shouko 4/10
Kenji_3Jun 2, 2022 10:30 PM
Jul 5, 2022 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
I think the point was that in the last moment, it was the first time that Satou felt real, selfless love. She realised that up until this point everything to ensure her 'happy sugar life' had been self-serving, as would letting Shio die with her. I'm pretty sure Satou saving her was meant to be the first and only selfless action Satou has ever taken.
Doesn't excuse a thing she did ofc though, but it isn't meant to be an happy ending. Shio ending up the way she did is more meant to show the way this stuff becomes a cycle. Satou was raised with this fucked up idea of love, and passed it to Shio. Shio will likely do the same.

This really was like watching a car crash. Made me super uncomfy but just couldn't look away. Some things could've been handled better, but it was a ride.
Jul 26, 2022 3:19 AM

Jan 2018
jjklo said:
Lol that moment when they forgot the ring I was screaming at the screen like ffs forget it what ya thinking?! then again, seems to me that at the moment when satou was looking dead shouko in the eye she might have already given up on her own life. just a theory idk

overall it's been fun, it's been sad, it's been batshit crazy, it's been illogical and stupid at times, but over all - just amazing xD I've had plenty of emotions provoked and that's exactly what I was looking for
also, would appreciate is someone could pm me some titles similar to this :3

P.S. the blonde guy should have died too, his survival doesnt make sense to me

Bro, a couple of days ago, your profile picture brought me to this anime. And it was an awesome journey lmao. So thank you very much!
Jul 26, 2022 4:38 AM

Jul 2020
giovgiac said:
jjklo said:
Lol that moment when they forgot the ring I was screaming at the screen like ffs forget it what ya thinking?! then again, seems to me that at the moment when satou was looking dead shouko in the eye she might have already given up on her own life. just a theory idk

overall it's been fun, it's been sad, it's been batshit crazy, it's been illogical and stupid at times, but over all - just amazing xD I've had plenty of emotions provoked and that's exactly what I was looking for
also, would appreciate is someone could pm me some titles similar to this :3

P.S. the blonde guy should have died too, his survival doesnt make sense to me

Bro, a couple of days ago, your profile picture brought me to this anime. And it was an awesome journey lmao. So thank you very much!

Glad you liked it :)
Aug 10, 2022 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
So Satou died because she forgot her ring... What a terrible ending. I can't believe that blonde pervert got away. I guess Shio is ready to become the next Satou now.
Aug 16, 2022 11:14 AM
Feb 2021
Good conclusion to the series, had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
Aug 28, 2022 5:33 AM

Feb 2015
All they had to do was not go back for that ring and they would've had their happily ever after... sigh.
Oct 12, 2022 8:52 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Mmmm didn't like the ending. Kinda shit that all this happened, they wanted to die together and then Shio just survives ._.
死だけが確実
Oct 21, 2022 11:42 PM

May 2017
i hate how the story ended but ngl, i have to admit the studio did a great job with the anime, they literally nailed the character portrayal and sound design, wish i could see more works from them
81982062_p0
Oct 29, 2022 12:36 PM

Feb 2022
Wow I'm speechless, this episode was pretty intense stuff and full of surprises (for me anyways). I like how when they fall down, there is darkness because Satou hugs Shio to protect her with her body. And she actually recognizes what she does for her, because she says thank you goodbye . And I think the anime is full of details like this that I have not noticed, so it might be rewatch worthy. My score for the whole show is a strong 7/10 but the bgm/sound design is easy ∞/100 never heard such perfectly composed music in any other anime so far (maybe Hibike Euphonium).
degenerate-2002Oct 29, 2022 12:56 PM
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Nov 10, 2022 5:11 PM

Sep 2022
what a shitty ending.
idk why i even bothered watching this.
it's somehow good but also awful at the same time
Dec 21, 2022 8:27 PM
Feb 2021
Interesting last episode. I'm not sure what to think, but at least Shio gets to live and maybe she can recover from all of this. She'll definitely be damaged for quite some time though. Maybe she'll be able to let go of Sato in the future.
Dec 27, 2022 12:47 AM
Mar 2022
disappointing, but still interesting enough
Jan 8, 2023 7:48 PM
Jan 2021
they both shouldve died. free the teacher and rip blonde kid
Feb 9, 2023 4:54 AM
Jun 2020
i mean, we all knew theyd die at the end cause it was literally in the op, so this episode wasn't surprising
Feb 14, 2023 7:16 PM
Feb 2023
an anime that represents all kinds of sins that exist in the world from lust to rage, I would like to not recommend this anime to even a living soul in this world as it will only make the person watching it sad so my final grades are 0/10 please delete it
Mar 22, 2023 2:42 PM
Jan 2022
ewewewewewewewewew
Apr 19, 2023 8:32 PM
Jan 2020
Dude lost his fingernails...
Jun 11, 2023 3:49 PM
May 2023
wow. that ending. that..wow.
Jun 17, 2023 1:12 PM
Jun 2019
Ah, I'm beat. It was truly a tragedy. I'm somewhat at a loss for words to be honest. I just feel sad inside. I just feel like lying down on the bed and doing nothing. I feel quite empty to the honest, sigh, tsk. I cried a little towards the end, and how could I not? It’s such a tragedy, a truly bittersweet moment. On one side, Shio-chan is still alive, but on the other side, so many people died, with the most important one because of Satou-chan. Sure, she was a yandere, but she was our yandere. This is almost pretty much my first Yandere anime. I still haven’t watched the likes of Elfen Lied, Mirai Nikki, and other Yandere shows. Sigh, I have no words…. Satou-chan x Shio-chan forever. Sigh....
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 2, 2023 10:51 PM
Aug 2022
I don't cry when watching anime.
I cried...
Aug 19, 2023 4:43 PM

May 2021
That f*cking ring...

What a tragic ending, I felt really bad for Satou and Shio: their relationship was wrong, yet it surely was true, as they were their feelins. I respect Asahi feelings, but I would've loved our protagonists escaping and starting a new life somewhere.
I guess, from now on, Satou will live in my and Shio's hearts.
Oct 22, 2023 7:51 PM
Oct 2023
An insane ending i think
Dec 9, 2023 12:37 AM
Dec 2023
This is cool, I love it
<3
Feb 19, 5:08 PM

Jan 2020
Absolutely loved this adaptation.

Well, excluding the horrible anime original ending.
If you set up something like that in episode 1 (which doesn't happen in the manga btw.), don't end it like that, because it becomes utterly predictable.

I was hoping that they used it as a twist, as so many anime do and that they would actually have it happen a bit earlier and in a way they did make it so Shio survived, but I wasn't a fan of how they did it in the slightest.

The writers set this up from episode 1, yet it still felt incredibly contrived.
Why even have them leave early and come back for the ring? That didn't have to be included.
Time is very precious in a 12 episode anime. Especially in one with an anime original ending.

Then there was the elevator ride that somehow took as long as Satou's aunt emptying 3 canisters of petrol. Her pushover brother being able to keep standing after taking a bag of that size to the face.
Judging by its size, it should have been able to kill an adult, yet he somehow survived it.
Satou's brilliant idea to go up in a burning building?
Even if her brother was a threat (which he shouldn't judging from how he was portrayed up until then and how Satou was), there was no way he could stop the flood of people trying to escape the building.
We see Satou caught up in it.
Also, how did the fire spread this fast?
Why were none of the emergency exists working?

All of these things didn't have to be there. They could have just had a character light the 12th floor on fire, while they were still there. But they didn't. They had to make up this incredibly contrived ending for no reason.

What a way to ruin a great anime. This is really the worst symptom anime adaptations have. Not waiting until the source is finished, or opting for more than one season.

Even Claymore and Pandora Hearts were wasted by this.

Just started the manga and I am wondering if the great scene of Satou caressing Shoko's body was anime original or not. If so, then I applaud them, because it was done wonderful.

I may sound like I am hard on this anime and maybe I am, but I was just so disappointed. I don't even know what to rate it, because everything aside from this was great.

Seriously, what a shame. Because I really loved the visuals, directing, sound design and phenomenal voice acting. Seriously, Satou, Shio and her aunt did a wonderful job.

They should have just adapted 2 chapters an episode and end season 1 with Shoko's death. Then have season 2 adapt the rest of the manga. That would also have allowed them to build up the characters a bit more as well.

But I guess it cannot be helped.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Mar 25, 10:46 PM
Oct 2017
This is like Thelma and Louise but... you know, just godamn awful.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

42 by neptuneSXDLl »»
Mar 27, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

70 by Phixiately »»
Mar 23, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

81 by Phixiately »»
Mar 20, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sacerdotisa - Aug 9, 2018

66 by Phixiately »»
Feb 29, 1:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.