Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 15, 2021 2:36 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I still don't get what the heck is up with pito's character. This spin-off could've definitely benefited from solely being just straight up battle royale without introducing all this suicidal-sadistic-maniac shit halfway through. Whenn Llenn is running around shooting up dudes with her pink P90, it's awesome asf. But whenever the dialogue turns to focus on anything related to freaking DYING IRL, it's super cringe.

It's still better than anything SAO had to offer through. 3/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 17, 2022 11:54 PM
Jan 2020
It god kind of weird with the Pitohui shit, that's where I remember that I'm still watching SAO after all
Nov 4, 2022 4:18 PM

Mar 2019
Now it does make sense how M knew about Karen's location, but that still doesn't make this ending better, lol. I still don't see how Elsa and Pito are the same. But everything comes to an end.

I hate that T-S team. They are all bad. Their whole purpose was just this. But a win is still a win I guess

I liked the first half, it was funny. After that, it became somewhat boring and everything stopped making sense.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 9, 2022 1:13 PM
Dec 2021
zddvx nghjbl;dfcgvhbj
Jan 8, 2023 8:49 AM
Oct 2015
very good tttttttt
Jan 22, 2023 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
Alright, not bad. That explains all the weird plot development last ep. I'm just gonna assume that the reason why Pito didn't finish off Miyu & let her guard down is her being sadistic & overconfident as usual.
Team T-S is my kind of team! Badass looking robots.
10:49 I'll propose to her if given the chance! Miyu is my type!
I knew it. They are M & S!
I'm downloading all of Elza's songs. They are all catchy!
I want to be devoured by a cute girl like Elza as well!
They still managed to end it interestingly in my book. 8/10
Feb 2, 2023 2:11 AM

Jan 2021
The first 5 episodes of her just screwing around in a game going crazy and taking everyone out were 9/10 but then episode 6 rolls around and does a 180 degree shift with its murder-suicide pact crap that it completely turned me off this show. It was funny just watching her run around having fun playing a game, why's it gotta get so dark all of a sudden? Couldn't they just have it continue with her having had fun off her first win and just wanting to play more? I could've done without all that suicide BS but kept watching in the faint hope M misunderstood the situation and Pito wasn't going to kill herself, but apparently it was true. And the "reveal" of who she really was was far too obvious, but I didn't expect her to be a 12 year old or whatever. Not sure how her and M's "relationship" works out in this circumstance, or how she's suddenly not suicidal anymore.

Awful second half couldn't make up for the really good first arc, so overall this was pretty terrible. That dark cloud of edginess hanging over the show just made it not fun anymore. It's not often I see a show completely throw all the goodwill its built up right into the trash so fast, but here we are.
Feb 5, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2015
To kill someone using guns? grenades? knives? no just bite them to death lol. LLenn surely has proven why she's on of the top gun galers. Overall decent show.

Jul 26, 2023 12:29 AM

Sep 2018
I had quite the blast watching this, on par or even better than the main series. What can I say, a loli with a gun is just a match made in heaven, the juxtaposition is real lol, especially when she goes through all the emotions XD The show looked great as well, nice production standards.

Some weird plot development though, not the biggest fan of the yandere like behavior of Pitou. It was obvious who she was going to be, though her relationships with M and others seem a little dubious now that we see her in this final episode. It was treated so seriously, but still feels like a gag in the end. A declined second half of the show for sure, but still looking forward to S2. 7/10 overall.
Jul 29, 2023 4:01 AM
Jun 2022
Well, it was fun. Awesome series , I've rated it 9.5/10 . Hey don't look at me like that , it's my personal ratings , I just liked it based on my personal preferences
Sep 23, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2017
OK, not too much sem graça
Dec 11, 2023 10:04 PM

Dec 2019
She fucking Rick Grimmed Pitohui, holy shit.

M being a masochist, Pito being Elza and then kissing Llenn... God, it's all just too much, what the fuck is this plot?
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 16, 2023 8:20 AM

Nov 2023
Well this was a fun anime side series of SAO ngl, would watch more especially would watch even more when collab
Dec 23, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2012
Unexpected ending!!!!~
This anime contain yuri (alilbit) or a propaganda or normalization of lgbt (yuri)

Glad that this stupid idol stop thinking about "suicide" (Death on game)

Apr 17, 1:13 PM
Apr 2013
EP 12

So yeah uh. something something
No shenanigans this time, op out of the way aaand its len vs pito. or is it? hmm.

Anyway its ed time buut there's a post ed scene
Idk
What can i say
It is kinda cute though but hmm

Anyway so yeah thats it
I kinda wish we had a bit more talking in the end but alas
Since it is ggo after all you cant really expect them to have that much real life time. though ep 6 was almost entirely in real life i think. hmm. alas.

So for the whole season
Ep 1/23/45
The first ep was essentially entirely talking with a bit of action
Then ep 23 introduced us to pito but then she didnt show up again until like really late
Ep 45 was len and m going through, we had the whole dumb cliffhang at the end of ep 4. and then len won somehow with some help from m
Ep 6 was real life talking with the girls and m
Ep 7 basically introducing us to fuka after halfway into the season
Then ep 8-12 gaming. some ups and downs
Honestly a very curious anime. not much i can say

Len (and fuka) was cute
Len was cute but she cant carry the anime by herself

Pito didnt show up for most of the anime
Fuka was a bit different from what i was expecting and she didnt have as much screentime as i would have liked. still she really enhanced the eps she was in arguably. its important to have characters that are greater than the individuals

Also len never explained the meaning behind her name len
And the whole elsa thing. i mean they tried one last fakeout near the end but that aside. i dunno

Thats its more or less
There's not much i can say except that i hope s2 fixes most of these problems. i'll be sad if fuka doesnt show up
I have no idea but i presume it'll be like another two rounds, with some kind of new rule change implemented to spice things up/fix things up. len didnt get to faceoff against the girls soo i dunno. both times she played with only 2 persons out of 6 too.
At least pito seems to be fixed now but uh hmm

They also never really explained the whole guns thing but oh well, ran out of time maybe

See you guys in s2 i guess
(There's the weird recap episode that I seem to have missed but uh yeah...rip)
CocoaGalaxyApr 17, 1:18 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

75 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 12:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.