Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 2:45 PM
Jan 2014
And if the Klaxosaur princess turns out to be the progenitor mother of Zero Two with a human ... I wonder, Would she like to know that her daughter flirts with a human... humans, who have been waging a terrible War against her, for so many years? xD

I expect a bloody war response against this relationship... a Battle using a Klaxosaur Dragon, against the FranXX? that would be epic and very original... until now most of the Klaxosaurs have been somewhat stupid... a Klaxosaur Dragon would be more intelligent?

... if the Princess has that, what the hell was the giant hand?... other Klaxosaur bigger, under your orders? FUUUUCK!! xD

It is verified, the Papa's Committee , want something that is in the hands of the Klaxosaur Princess, but what thing? if they try to free the human being from his bodily condemnation... the Princess will have something to destroy the AT Field or something like that? xD

About the ED is beautiful! but no doubt a theory continues to break my head, it is as if they were living in a completely alternate world... where their alter ego live a normal life, seeing the events of the lives of the other girls on the other side of that mirror ... and each chapter that passes, that gap, that glass, is each time less perceptible and they can see towards the other side of their lives...

An Ikuno that has a strong love for Ichigo...

an provoked and daring Miku that carries a very mundane life...

a Kokoro that only wants to live a life with his lover... Whose tie is that and arm? Mitsuru-kun? xD WOOOW Kokoro what a romantic girl!!

Ichigo looks at a picture of someone I love... and from whom he was separated.

Two Zero Two fighting one against the other to know which one is real... and which one is false??

But all of them walk down a long thin path in which a special line is joined where they have normal lives... but at the same time they can observe their alter ego, fight for their lives on the other side. The difference in this ED is, what is the reality... and what is only the fiction on the other side of the mirror.

The OP by the way is beautiful! using the same song and just changing the rhythm and some of the tone of Mika Nakashima, they managed to make a fantastic Opening that by the way was mostly built using images from the series in general? It was a good recycling, it was nice as well! xD

By the way... the disaster is definitely coming! There are Death Flags everywhere! ;(
May 5, 2018 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Nezperdian said:
So, Hana and Hachi were previous FranXX pilots? And by having sex they lost the ability to pilot but managed to survive? Interesting.

Really? I think i missed that detail in the episode, when is it told?
May 5, 2018 2:49 PM
Jan 2014
Nezperdian said:
So, Hana and Hachi were previous FranXX pilots? And by having sex they lost the ability to pilot but managed to survive? Interesting.

Woooow! You mean, having sex with your FranXX partner, take away the ability to synchronize?

But it is strange, when it is assumed that the Hakase what he are looking for is that precisely their love and sexual bonds grow, once having sex, that relationship would become even stronger, making the FranXX even more powerful... or not? xD
May 5, 2018 2:55 PM
Mar 2016

Futoshi is now officially been dumped.

There are only 8 ep left and there were still no death flags for any of them squad 13. I got dibs on Genista and Chorophytum to be the 1st ones to die.

It looks like them squad 13 were being abandoned little by little., Cu'z Miku's hair is turning white, Futoshi is suffer from bluminia , could it be that them squad 13 were aging with them knowing it. since it was mentioned to them that they have limited lives. Now who is that new girl we just saw?

WhoahohoMay 5, 2018 3:14 PM
May 5, 2018 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
Farabeuf said:
A calm before the storm episode, but boy the death flags are abundant. Sickness, fever, signs of aging, you name it...

I feel for Futoshi, Things had been kind of quiet after Kokoro replaced him with Mitsuru and we thought he was doing ok, but there's definite signs of him having bulimia or a similar eating disorder.

What other signs were there where Futoshi was indicated to have bulimia besides "I'm dieting"? (which is not clear enough by the way).
May 5, 2018 2:59 PM
Apr 2017
SupremeEdgelord said:
I've waited 2 weeks for little plot development! SASUGA A-1!

What the heck is that new opening?

nah continue. we all know this show has very strong eva vibes. i love seeing reminders that proof is in the the pudding.

May 5, 2018 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
New visuals for the OP. They are really amazing, I like them better than the first one.

After an intense episode, this one was very chill. Everyone is friendly with other now, and Zero Two actually doing duties, wow. That kiss was unexpected. Bath scene was interesting showing Miko with white hair, something is wrong there. The group together scene was quite emotional.

This was the calm before the storm, the enemy is about to make a move. Apparently that is the Klaxosaur Princess. Curious about the new character.
May 5, 2018 3:07 PM
Nov 2016
So the kids have been cast aside as a sort of experiment.

It was weird to see Zero two being all bubbly and stuff.

Seems like the ending showed us a glimpse of a humanoid creature which probably leads the Klaxosaurs or something.
May 5, 2018 3:10 PM
Aug 2015
Goddamn I really wish this anime won't end up in a tragedy, even though there's death flags everywhere. I feel kinda same as I felt with SukaSuka, I haven't read the light novel when I was watching the anime but I could see that it's not going to end with a happy ending. Emotional night that was. I just hope I won't be saying the same after 8 weeks.
May 5, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2012
I'm fine that they kept the OP with new animations. The new OP animations are beautiful--more so than the first half's in my opinion which is really saying something. The new ED was also good. The soundtrack of this series is probably one of the best in recent memory. They've all been high quality while fitting in so well. Truly impressive stuff.

At this point I would say, it's not that this series doesn't know how to tell a good story. It does. I think the issue is more with narrative planning. So from 13 to 16, we've gone from one episode of emotional climax to one episode of confusion, anger, frustration, etc. to one episode of a continuation of that emotional climax...then to this slice of life survival heartwarming episode. I don't think the sequence of events is itself problematic, but it's tough to understand just where the hell this series is going. Again, this episode was fine. It's a character growth episode. I just don't know if they needed to take an episode on it.

Part of my concern is that there are 8 episodes left. If they're burning episodes on stupid drama (ep. 14) and slice of life material (ep. 16) instead of advancing plot in the second half of the series it probably means one of three things. First, they've planned so extremely well that they know they can finish telling the story and still afford to screw around. I'm not counting out this possibility but with how they didn't bother to explain shit about ep. 15 I'm not too confident. Second, the plot is actually a lot thinner than we thought. Third, the series will end with a lot of unexplained plotholes. I would place my bets on the second possibility.
May 5, 2018 3:17 PM

Apr 2018
Something bad is going to happen to our ensemble of characters. There seems to be some disease (perhaps drawn on from the unclean drinking water) going around behind the scenes. First, Ikuno and Goro both come down with a fever, next Futoshi loses his appetite completely (he pukes when he eats the fish), Kokoro seems to instinctively kissed Mitsura before even realizing it, Zorome completely starts denying 'Papa' and scariest of all, Miku's hair is going grey. Doctor Franxx seems to be plotting something so cruel even Hachi and Nana are doubting him.

If the new OP is anything to go by, I feel like this anime won't have a happy ending. Maybe they just pulled a Mirai Nikki and show the MC dying in the OP. Also interesting to note that in 002's fairytale, the witch tells the beast to give up her wings in return for becoming human, and 002 is seen with one wing at the start of the OP.

That person at the end is almost definitely the main antagonist. I assume she's controlling the giant mech/klaxosaur/thing we see Hiro in front of at the end of the OP since she is seen in front of it for a split second earlier.
https://imgur.com/a/jCYkR19
Could she be the ''Klaxosaur Princess'' Papa mentioned at the Cosmos?
TL;DR I'm scared

Edit: Just occured to me that the Klaxosaur princess could be 001
N4rkMay 5, 2018 3:20 PM
May 5, 2018 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
For the guys who didn't realize. New opening is the second part of full version. It's not the same part lol.
May 5, 2018 3:25 PM
Jan 2016
so we have seen a good ending of our Romeo and Juliet but now comes the real deal...
looking into that there are still many episodes remaining, we might see a sad ending to this series. probably zero two will die or get separated from Hiro(new OP has already given us the hint).

BTW, who is this klaxxour princess that those papa were referring to? could it be the mysterious character that we have seen at the end of the episode or is it our Zero two
May 5, 2018 3:30 PM

Mar 2015
Very good show. At one point I did get the feeling that not all the kids are going to survive to the end. I hope they do, but I've got concerns.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 5, 2018 3:34 PM

Sep 2016
EPISODE 15:

「ZA HANDO」

EPISODE 16:

So...is no one worried about the giant-ass hand from the previous episode? Did I miss something? Did that hand just pop up once like a one-time whack-a-mole and leave? What was the point of this episode if the last episode hyped us up for a ripoff of Gurren Lagann?

I think we were all expecting the giant hand to f*ck up everything in this episode, which would've been awesome if it didn't resemble the finale of the first half of Gurren Lagann. Hell, even if it feels like a ripoff of Gurren Lagann, it still would've been awesome to get that immediately after. I DID NOT WAIT FOR TWO DAMN WEEKS FOR A-1 PICTURES TO SUDDENLY DECIDE TO NOT RIP OFF GURREN LAGANN.

Good ol' A-1 Pictures. They have mastered the art of the tease and denial.

This damn anime needs a change of scenery. If the OP is any indication, we might be getting Water World in the second half. Hopefully the giant hand will show up then and re-create the 2012 movie.
Ravioli ravioli, Kirito will not touch the loli.
May 5, 2018 3:34 PM

Feb 2018
such a great episode, it made my heart warm seeing them all work together and 002 being happy and kind.
May 5, 2018 3:36 PM

Mar 2018
PAPA said he sent two messengers with a final warning to "them". They're waiting for the klaxosaur princess to make a decision so they probably sent some kind of ultimatum to her. So they sent her one of the messengers but I wonder where the second messenger went?
tokidoki921May 5, 2018 3:39 PM
May 5, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2018
That was okay. I knew it would lead to something strange near the end. Also, Mitsuru's new haircut is trash.
May 5, 2018 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
Oh man, that OP makes me think it will be a tragic end for Zero Two...I really don't want that for her. I hope they find a way, somehow...

I don't know how I feel about Zero Two's change of personality, too. She could still be a lone wolf whilst being slightly more approachable. They didn't have to make her lose her wild side completely, really. But I can deal with this.
May 5, 2018 3:49 PM

Jun 2016
The only real thought I have about this episode, aside from the obvious interest in the chick at the end, is will Futoshi x Zorome stuff pop up because of this episode?
May 5, 2018 3:57 PM

Dec 2015
Kokoro kissing someone, well that was unexpected...I like Mitsuru's new look too.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 5, 2018 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
Nice to see the same OP but with different visuals! I personally prefer these visuals way more than the first OP.

Glad to see Zero Two so cheerful again, she's gone through a lot these last few episodes!
Kokoro made the first move on Mitsugu :o

That "bathing" scene was so nice, Zero Two sure gets along well with the girls now. What's up with Miku's hair though?

So the parasites are being tested to see if they can survive without their caretakers. Having to do everything on their own now. They are learning quick!

Ichigo has finally accepted Zero Two for who she is and to be honest, that's great to see.
May 5, 2018 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the new op and thought the episode overall was pretty good, very relaxed compared to the previous episodes. From the new op I speculate that Zero Two will die by the end of the series and that Hiro will die shortly after. From the ending I suspect that the next episode we will be introduced to the leader of the Klaxosaurs who appears to be similar in appearance to Zero Two, possibly her mother or sibling.
May 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Feb 2018
More character development. I liked it!

It seems like they did this to also contrast the fact that they're finally living somewhat normally at the same time the parasite's lives are foreshadowed to be coming to an end (Miku's greying hair... Futoshi's eating issues...) which is actually kinda tragic really.

Zero-Two is also at her most 'human' right now which was nice, but I feel like it's only going to last so long seeing how fragile her identity has been throughout the series - along with the bittersweet interactions in this episode.

Looks like this new character is going to get the plot started again anyway.

May 5, 2018 4:35 PM

Feb 2018
onetruejafar said:
EPISODE 15:

「ZA HANDO」

EPISODE 16:

So...is no one worried about the giant-ass hand from the previous episode? Did I miss something? Did that hand just pop up once like a one-time whack-a-mole and leave? What was the point of this episode if the last episode hyped us up for a ripoff of Gurren Lagann?

I think we were all expecting the giant hand to f*ck up everything in this episode, which would've been awesome if it didn't resemble the finale of the first half of Gurren Lagann. Hell, even if it feels like a ripoff of Gurren Lagann, it still would've been awesome to get that immediately after. I DID NOT WAIT FOR TWO DAMN WEEKS FOR A-1 PICTURES TO SUDDENLY DECIDE TO NOT RIP OFF GURREN LAGANN.

Good ol' A-1 Pictures. They have mastered the art of the tease and denial.

This damn anime needs a change of scenery. If the OP is any indication, we might be getting Water World in the second half. Hopefully the giant hand will show up then and re-create the 2012 movie.

Ehhhh I think what they were going for with the hand was more like in AoT when the Colossal Titan is briefly shown inside the wall. Then... nothing. There wasn't really any meaningful explanation and it was pretty much left for the viewer/reader to make assumptions. So like that, it's probably more of a foreshadow for some future plot (something which will be revisited for the climatic action at the end maybe?) Who knows.
May 5, 2018 4:40 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty calm episode before the storm.
And we got a change in the OP visuals which are stunning than the usual and less eerie.
Btw even the OP is going all out Infinity War?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 5, 2018 4:55 PM
Jul 2016
the feel of this show is seriously amping up what i'd call post-futurism. they've had that strong "escaping technology and returning to nature/rustic life" feel to it since the beach episode. i think this series is going to end with the children abandoning the plantations and repopulating/rebuilding the abandoned cities, it's a really hopeful message and i love it

also whoms't the fuck was that tentacle girl
May 5, 2018 4:59 PM
Mar 2018
It was a nice and calm fan-service episode. However some things bothered me. Not just the obvious foreshadowing in the new intro (they totally ripped off Ghost in the Shell in the beginning of it), but also the fookin pronoun-game by the elders at the start of the epsiode. Seriously, "the you-know-what"? That's the cheesiest trick to keep your viewerchip calling you a genius with the least effort - if there even was one to begin with this show. And everyone's getting those misterious little sicknesses and changes and I can already smell the drama creeping up...

Edit: One thing I have to complain about is the animation and the characters in the second half of the episode. Maybe it was that way throughout the episode but it hit me first during the cooking scene. The movements were just cranky and some models looked like 5 year-olds. What's up with that again? I thought the show was supposed to be made by the deities of Trigger everyone is praising in their shrines.
DonTrumpolinoMay 5, 2018 5:04 PM
May 5, 2018 5:15 PM
Mar 2018

Well it's a drama show after all, so a little bit of character-thinning never hurt a lot. Except for the ones they kill off...

However that new face at the end reminded me a lot of Eureka Seven, where they were also copying the magical death-child to "save" humanity. And by reminded I mean that it is just copied in theory, plus they had those kids that were mimcing Zero Two's hornyness, which was also in Eureka Seven, but could've been due to being exposed to the special chemical "X" to get things going.
May 5, 2018 5:19 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
An incredibly human episode.

The new OP is really good, I'm liking it more than the first one. The ED was eh at best.

I liked this episode quite a lot simply because it finally gave the group a break to reflect and grow. A little upset we didn't get to immediately see what happened with Hiro and Zero Two afterwards, but we're finally seeing them get closer. And finally, FINALLY, they didn't delay the actual development this week. The formula for this show so far has been:

Build up to big emotional moment
Have emotional moment
Wait 1-2 weeks before seeing the development from said moment

I was going to be furious if we didn't see how Hiro and Zero Two went forward in their relationship after the last episode. In that regard, it was very satisfying. However, seeing Zero Two so chipper and kind is almost weird. The sudden change felt a little too quick, the month time skip is mostly to blame.

A big thing that stuck out to me was the Miku white hair scene. That was clearly foreshadowing or a hint. Are the kids set to expire? Are Parasites meant to last this long? Will we begin to see the group deteriorate? Maybe this is due to prolonged use of the Franxx? Either way, it was clearly intentional that something is happening, and not for the better.

Misturu looks leagues better than he did before, I really like his new look. Kokoro seemed to like it too, so much so she kissed him which I still can't believe. Kokoro really wants to start making some babies. The ship has officially sailed folks.

As I said before, this episode felt incredibly human. The group are beginning to think for themselves and even fend for themselves. They also begin to realize how fighting isn't what people are born for, we're born for so much more. This was a really powerful moment for the group as a whole.

So is this new enemy another Zero Two? She looks like it, that's for sure. Perhaps a sister? Guess we'll find out.
May 5, 2018 5:26 PM

Dec 2015
Ok new visual for the op , and lol mitsuru haircut , its his childhood haircut , different haircut really make him a different person , lol. And that kiss , hmmm, ok i guess . Nice to see zero two blending in.
So far no death from squad 13 , was hoping so lol
But what happened with the big hand from previous episode ?
New ending , ew the glasses girl with ichigo
I assume that the character shown in the last scene has connection with zero two , either its her sibling or something else , so the papa said the princess need to make a choice is either to fight or to save the sibling ? Maybe , just assumption
May 5, 2018 5:27 PM

Jan 2014
Possibie new best girl is here bois
May 5, 2018 5:51 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,now I'm torn between the old op and the new op-this episode was a great way to slow it down after the last ep,and the new ed is damn good,prefer it over the last ed.

Vongalaxy said:
Possibie new best girl is here bois

Better than 02?-damn,that'd be something.
Jul 2018
I think this episode confirms the fact that the pilots age faster than everyone else, so they never really get to become full-fledged adults because they'll all be dead by then.
Really thinking that the Klaxosaur Princess is Code 000 or something. At first glance I thought she was Zero Two @_@;;

Also, the fact that there were two versions of Zero Two in the ending raises some questions, is she contradicting herself?
Oct 2016
omg, am i the only one who hate kokoro.
i never forget about eps when she betray futoshi :@ and now she kiss mitsuru
in this case i think kokoro more than bitch than ichigo :@
May 5, 2018 6:04 PM

Nov 2011
I don't understand the bond between Mitsuru and Kokoro to force that kiss. Is she just attracted to him?

Is Futoshi not eating because he's saving food or because he's sick?

An awesome episode for Zero Two fans.

However that Death Flag is waving.

STRAP IN FOR THE YURI TOO BOYS!
SoraSenpaiMay 5, 2018 6:12 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 5, 2018 6:07 PM

Jan 2010
I think this is one of my favorite episodes. After the 4 previous episodes, it was necessary to get a calm episode right now. It was so heart warming to see everyone get along with Zero Two again, just seeing a new and happier Zero Two healed my soul. that made me really happy. Just seeing them all enjoying the time with each other without fighting. Also the little cute moment Hiro had with Zero Two at the end.
Yeah :')

Well... Except for the part when I felt really bad for poor Futoshi, first when Kokoro kissed Mitsuru and him avoiding eating to lose weight.. :/
IzekyuMay 5, 2018 6:10 PM
May 5, 2018 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
well that was quite a bit of character development for everyone still conflicted on if it's good or not (due to the break it felt longer )now that they already reached it at this point in the story mainly zero two regardless it made for overly joyful but sad episode making me think it's gonna be the last time we see them like this due to all of their issues with their bodies.

also New zero two 2.0 has a appeared
May 5, 2018 6:10 PM

Apr 2018
Damn! Looks like Thanos got 02 in the new opening... RIP.
May 5, 2018 6:39 PM

Nov 2015
New OP and ED. The OP is pretty much the same as the first but with new visuals. I don't mind this because i really liked the first OP to begin with. The ending to the opening seems like its foreshadowing something. I have a feeling this show won't have a happy ending. Also i think the antagonist got revealed at the end. Can't wait to see the story progress next week.

Katsura janai, Zura da

May 5, 2018 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
Ugh everyone is going to die and I'm going to be depressed af.

I should've gotten off this ride last episode. I won't be able to handle the squad's eventual death whether it be old age or destroyed by the Klaxx
May 5, 2018 6:42 PM

Jul 2015
Judging by the OP

It's gonna be a sad ending huh? :(
May 5, 2018 6:45 PM

Jan 2018
Things are going well I just hope it doesn't have a sad ending
Who was at the end
New OP ED are great
May 5, 2018 6:50 PM

Feb 2018
Longing4Abyss said:
I'm calling it now, the princess and the beast story happened in real life many years ago between Dr. FranXX and the klaxo princess in some way, now he's trying to re-enact it with Hiro and Zero Two hence why he tells Nana to just shut up and keep going with the plan.

This is the best theory I've read so far
~Am I invisible on the internet too?~
WHY CAN'T I STOP LISTENING KOKKOKU OP?
oh....thats right. That's the cause

See you Space Cowdog.
May 5, 2018 6:58 PM
Jan 2015
Zero Two on the cover for the latest edition of NewType
My Queens

May 5, 2018 7:26 PM

Feb 2016
Let me speculate!

I don't think anyone dying in DITF. The Apes and Nines are enemies here. Whatever they wanted from that female character (mother? leader of klaxosaurs?...) made her angry. She is coming for revenge, final blow to humanity! Meanwhile Zero Two-Hiro get separated. She sees living together with humans is possible, through Zero Two-Hiro relationship, so she gives 'the key' to Zero Two and sacrifices herself to destroy apes and nines. With that key, Zero Two becomes 'human' and saves Squad 13, uninhibiting the shackles making them getting older and dying. And Kokoro-Mitsuru/Zero Two-Hiro couples make babies. Zorome-Miku couple lives a neko-ish life. More hints are needed for Goro-Ichigo-Ikuno-Futoshi. ;P
May 5, 2018 7:28 PM
Jun 2016
Honestly although it is a setup episode and start of the new arc, this is my favorite non action-based episode with the squad as a team and the new OP and ED looks stunning and beautiful and also, quite worrying.
May 5, 2018 7:39 PM
Nov 2015
I'm kinda excited to see the princess though. She kinda resembles Zero Two in a way but blue hair?? Gosh, whats gonna happen
May 5, 2018 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was actually very very calm, and i don't know if that's a good or a bad thing...
But i enjoyed it, it was pretty chill and shows us the state of their relationship after the fight, but that OP....that OP is the only thing that let me worried, you see the feels in the OP, but i hope i am wrong.
That ending...damn? What is that?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 5, 2018 7:51 PM
Mar 2014
That opening sure was something. I quite liked this episode. I wonder if Ichigo and Ikuno kiss
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

391 by otakuanity »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

232 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

283 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

357 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

344 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.