Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
It started out as another CGDCT but then became one of my favorite shows of the season. The chemistry between the main girls was great, not to mention Hiroe, Shion and the sensei who made this even more fun. And speaking of sensei, I loved her scenes with Eiko, they're made for each other. I'm really going to miss this show, hoping for a second season.

HIROE BEST GIRL!
SkyLETVMar 26, 2018 10:25 PM
Mar 26, 2018 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
I was still hoping that Hana would tell her friends about her gap year, but it looks like I'll need to read the manga just to see if it happens there. Either way, I still think the last episode, despite the open ending, was good.

From the likes of Tama FINALLY being successful at capturing Kamuri, who was also accepting of her hug, Eiko and the teacher's constant yuri-baiting conversations and Hannen finally gaining the courage to attend the summer courses, there was still plenty of good and funny scenes that this episode had to offer.

Overall, Slow Start will most likely be forgotten from the likes of super popular shows like Violet Evergarden, Darling in the FRANXX and other SoL or CGDCT shows like Yuru Camp and A Place Further Than the Universe, but this show has its own charm. Nice voice acting, catchy soundtrack and the animation, where it was refreshing to see such fluidity of the animation in even the most normal type of scenes, so good job A-1 Pictures. =)

7/10 is my final score for this underrated charmful show. ^_^

Pretty much my opinion on the show as well. It might not be the greatest SoL out there but it has it's own charm and it was fun in it's own right.

7/10 as well
Mar 26, 2018 6:49 PM

Oct 2008
Such a nice ride cute and precious CGDCT that I would treasure!
but okay, what's the point in keeping Hana's secret of being a Ronin? is that a really sensitive issue to hide at your friends?
4/5.
7/10.

Mar 26, 2018 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Cute and fun final episode, though didn't feel so much as one, especially since I expected that Hana would reveal the secret at the last episode, but that's fine lol. Really, really happy for Hiroe, I loved how they potrayed her getting over her social anxiety. Also, I'm really glad the teacher and Eiko interacted on this episode, I adore those two and I'm quite happy they were included on the last episode. <3
Welp, I really loved this one, probably way more than I should. It's the "CGDCT no one cares that much but I love to bits" gem of the season for me. I really liked all the characters and their chemistry. OP and ED were nice too. And oh man, the animation was top notch.
Also, I know it's just yuribait, but as a yurifag I liked the yuri on this one waaaaay more than the yuri on Citrus, haha.
Best girl is either Hiroe or the teacher, but I also really like Eiko and Tama.

9/10 and one of my favorites now, I think.
Mar 27, 2018 9:43 AM

Dec 2017
Slightly disappointed that Hana didn’t tell her friends about the gap year. Otherwise a fun 12 episodes and here’s to more.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Mar 28, 2018 8:41 AM

Mar 2018
crypticecliptic said:
Vert said:

seems you have not been in MAL that much lol.

I haven't! I'm still new and confused about the rating system. Even the reviews are never really good.

Also it was just today that I learned the term "CGDCT"! I don't know why MAL wouldn't like that, it was my favorite part! Everything was so cute and colorful and I enjoyed it very much.

You'll get used to it, I've been here just 2 weeks and I got used to XD (tho I must say I have some training with haters)

Kikichirin said:
Cute and fun final episode, though didn't feel so much as one, especially since I expected that Hana would reveal the secret at the last episode, but that's fine lol. Really, really happy for Hiroe, I loved how they potrayed her getting over her social anxiety. Also, I'm really glad the teacher and Eiko interacted on this episode, I adore those two and I'm quite happy they were included on the last episode. <3
Welp, I really loved this one, probably way more than I should. It's the "CGDCT no one cares that much but I love to bits" gem of the season for me. I really liked all the characters and their chemistry. OP and ED were nice too. And oh man, the animation was top notch.
Also, I know it's just yuribait, but as a yurifag I liked the yuri on this one waaaaay more than the yuri on Citrus, haha.
Best girl is either Hiroe or the teacher, but I also really like Eiko and Tama.

9/10 and one of my favorites now, I think.

Exact same thoughts, tho I will rate it 08/10... And Hiroe IS my favorite :3

Btw, what was that reference with the golden and silver Tama? I haven't played that much video games but I know it's from one.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline šŸ˜…
Mar 28, 2018 4:25 PM

Mar 2009
Basically a non-ending. Can't believe Hana didn't tell her friends about the gap year in the final episode. You'd think it was all leading up to that...

Cute show I guess. I'll miss Shion, Tama, Hiroe, and Kamuri.
Pray that we get a 2nd season so we can get more spicy Eiko x Sensei moments.
Mar 29, 2018 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Average from start to finish, but wasnt terrible.

Honestly this show could've benefited tremendously from either some more ecchi, some full-blown yuri romance, or a combination of the two. Tbh I'm surprised the show actually didnt have more ecchi bits given how bluntly lewd some of the shit they talked about was.

That candy scene with Eiko and Enami was low-key hot as fuck. I mean really the entire chemistry between them and the back and forth teasing they do to each other is just hot as hell, and oddly interesting to watch. I think the small handful of scenes between the two of them were honestly better than all of Citrus.

Glad I'm one of many who would like to see a fully realized Eiko x Enami yuri spinoff. All aboard the train.

Despite Eiko x Enami being my hands down favorite ship, my favorite characters are still Shion and Hiroe by a long shot.
Mar 30, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Really good and enjoyable anime, i wish it was longer. Hope it get a S2 or something.
8/10 for me but ill give it 9 to increase the overall score a little bit :)
Mar 31, 2018 12:32 AM

May 2017
I kinda wanted a melodrama just so Hana can finally tell them but oh well

Tama > Eiko > Kamu > Hana > Shion

7/10
Mar 31, 2018 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
An anime series, that did not have its strong in the graphics and in the backdrops and not in the history, but has nevertheless drawn out a well-assorted collective and the characters really nice and not very stereotyped. The protagonist turned out to be a bit particular and perhaps her genuineness and sweetness surprised me, that's why I appreciated this anime, as well as for the rest of the cast. Many scenes remained impressed, for their pleasantness and originality. The opening and the catchy soundtrack is really beautiful. The only regret is that the secondary characters, remained as mere extras, I wanted to know them better, oh well!

I hope that the BD improve the graphic quality.

For now my vote is 7.77/10
Apr 3, 2018 7:26 PM

Jan 2008
Needed more Eiko and Sensei.

Going to miss the expressiveness of this show, don't think I've seen one as much as this one since Love Lab. This show also had some of the most enjoyable animation this season.
Apr 6, 2018 4:15 AM
Mar 2012
Well, "Slow" Start and considering what Sensei said before, I suppose Hana keeping her ronin secret fits. A different kind of sweetness indeed, all the characters are cutely designed, down to earth & fun.
Kamuri's one liner puns. Tamate's energy & lots of hugs everywhere. Eiko & Sensei's awesome ship that rivals Citrus (deserves full sidestory on them). Hana a bit bland like her cloth but not annoying as mc & had some growth with friends & talking to others. With Hannen the ronin pair's also like slight cgdct version of welcome to nhk.
Episode had good amounts of shopping, shipping, pleasant osts as always & some smooth animation.

Apr 21, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
Gonna miss it! It was so fun to watch, hope it gets a new season in the future.
Apr 22, 2018 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, so she didn't find the courage and we got to be continued ending, in a sense it's bit disappointing as whole show was fruitless (and they could easily remove her trauma completely and nothing would change). It wouldn't matter if they only mentioned this plot-point in the beginning but they were going in circles of repetition for most of those 12 episodes.

They show was overanimated at times but also plot-boring mostly. Though I have to admit that some scene were nice. But what's worse, the main cast was really unappeling and it was only those side characters like Shion, Hanen or Enami when this anime got interesting - and that's the problem. I would honestly enjoyed this show a lot more if this group of young-adults and their problems were the main focus of this show.

Well, it wasn't too bad in the end but it wasn't anything close special either, just your usual average moe anime.

5/10

zemrood said:
Since when is 7 a bad score? Most people don't realize the ratings go from 1-10 and instead, use something like 5-10 where 5 is terrible. That's why the overall scores are usually completely useless.

Honestly, this.

If the show wasn't as bad to watch but failed to surprise you, didn't brought anything interesting to the table, it's 5 (aka average rating), not 7 (which is really good rating in a sense). Six is above average (meaning you enjoyed it mostly) and 7 is even above of that, probably something you can recommend. Anything above should be leaved for those few exceptional titles. If you didn't like parts of the show or were forcing to watch it there is 4 or even 3 rating etc.

I can't really understand why some people only use 7-10 scale.
Mich666Apr 22, 2018 5:56 PM
Apr 23, 2018 12:53 AM
Dec 2017
So its finally over?
I need more Eiko x Sensei moments
Apr 28, 2018 2:43 AM

Sep 2016
Meh anime but I want a second season only because I want to see more of Takahashi Nanae, very cute character voiced by none other than Inori Minase. Plus I want her to say "Nan-ni shimasho-ka?", that would be funny af and cute at the same time.
May 3, 2018 10:55 PM

Feb 2013
This was such a cute series. I would not complain one bit if it gets a second season.

8/10
Aug 8, 2018 9:49 AM

May 2012
Pretty fun ending of this really lovely slice of life anime! Quite loved the whole school setting and especially the character development. Quite a sweet and cute anime in general!
Aug 24, 2018 3:32 PM
Aug 2017
A good ending to a good show, I liked the slow pacing of the anime as it helped me to get to know the characters better, this episode was no different. I also liked how the girls would all go out together doing various things together, in this case it was helping Hana shop for clothes.

Although I think I would of preferred Hana sharing her secret about her gap year with everybody, I'm also fine with her not sharing it too, and who knows maybe this will lead to a second season.

Overall this anime an 8/10 for me and I am hoping for a season 2.
Nov 4, 2018 10:31 AM

Nov 2014
I'm disappointed she didn't tell them in the end.
This anime started really slowly for me, but then Eiko and animation carried it somehow. Not sure if it's 6 or 7/10. Wouldn't mind 2nd season tho.
Dec 9, 2018 4:38 PM

Aug 2016
I really hope that "kin no Tama" and "gin no Tama" was a joke/reference to

Kintama(Testicles)

Gintama
Mar 2, 2019 5:03 PM
Mar 2018
This was a pretty standard show, with sadly an open end that is begging for a sequel, but is on a 50/50 to get one, because there wasn't much more to it than some cute high pitched girls doing cute things and a lack of resolve at the end. But it did have sometimes some pretty good aimation, that seemed to go beyond the usual 24 fps, but not constantly, this was good but also odd. I guess we have to wait and see what's to come here.
Mar 6, 2019 2:53 AM

Oct 2015
This was such an enjoyable series and i hope she gets to tell her friends about her secret. Every character was adorable.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 7, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
It was enjoyable. It did start off slowly, but it was nice.

Hopefully there will be a second series.
May 26, 2019 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
And so Hana-chan, Tama-chan, Kamuri-chan, and Eiko-chan will have a happy high school life, and so on, until they die, they'll be friends forever and ever.
Feb 22, 2020 11:32 AM

Aug 2018
Have you lost golden Tama or silver Tama?.. Is this some kind of reference?.. Like to some legend or something?..
Well, I honestly hoped that Hana's situation with telling Tama, Eiko and Kamu about her skipped year would resolve somehow.. Oh well, I guess things don't always get resolves, especially as it still remains as question, does Hana really have to tell anything really or it's not necessary..
Overall it was quite nice anime.. Comfy or fun majorly, I'd say, what I felt.. As characters I liked Tama chan the most and teacher Enami.. I'd be interested to learn and see them more and more.. Tama is good girl.. Enami is woman with wisdom.. Them both of course not being perfect, and it's alright, they're more human with not being perfect.. Also main character Hana is kinda interesting, but maybe it feels that she's still a lot to develop, how she is and stuff.. She is hesitant in many things.. Also I feel that Shion and Hiroe can be developed more with more screen time as well.. As well as Kamuri still probably has things to offer, be it her family situation or other things.. I kinda disliked Eiko, I guess.. But that's my personal feeling, she felt too much like a playboy to me.. Which I guess is fine as long as others around aren't hurt by this and are ok with this themselves, I guess, but I still personally see her questionable to my taste.. Overall, again, I feel that Tama and teacher Enami were my favorites, with some of girls following.. This is slice of life, characters centered anime, I feel, and that's why I dedicate much of my words to them.. I think overall I enjoyed girls, and am quite interested to see more.. Anime was relaxing to watch.. If second season or something ever comes out - would certainly be interested to see more.. ;p But OP and ED will follow me for life, probably.. ;P Well, as I watch and listen some OPs and EDs in playlists.. ;p
Apr 26, 2020 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
Well, another clothes/outfit dedicated episode.

Some yuri undertone scenes throughout the anime (which I appreciate a lot).
Still, in general, the anime was okay most of the time 6/10 (though for people who like CGDCT this anime must be a nice order).

The highlight was definitely episode 7, 9/10 for that episode. Eiko and Sensei scenes were always so nice, too bad it had just a few of them.

TechOtakuApr 26, 2020 3:39 PM
May 28, 2020 6:54 AM
Feb 2016
I bet this is a 4-koma adaptation since there isnt much happening. Usually 4-koma manga are just author having fun written something. Pretty much enjoy this anime. It got some comfy vibes and typical CGDCT things. 8/10 for me a calm watch in these desperate times.
Jun 28, 2022 1:17 PM

Feb 2020
Nice finale, but I felt a little disappointed that Hana didn't tell her friends about the gap year. Well, one day she'll tell them. I'm sure everything will be fine.

"Eiko-chan, Eiko-chan, Eiko-chan, Eiko-chan, Eiko-chan, Eiko-chan." Haha. Sachi is so obsessed with Eiko. Yep, everyone loves her. <3

That picture was cute. ^^ Hana looked really good in her new clothes.

Overall, this was amazing anime. Much better than I remembered. I'm so happy I re-watched this.

I absolutely loved the characters and their chemistry. All those yuri moments and ships definitely gave this an extra point.

I want a second season!

SerafosApr 4, 11:19 PM
Jan 12, 2023 9:21 PM
Nov 2022
That was such a wholesome animé ^^
It feels weird that Hana never confessed about her gap year. But I'm guessing that was either setting up for a second season or to invoke the viewer's imagination. Either way, I loved the show ♥
Apr 13, 2023 4:54 AM

May 2022
A non-ending to a slice-of-life show that had very little plot to begin with. Slow Start will always be a show that never came close to its potential. There were so many good bits to this show, and then this episode ends the series with a "meh". And Shion's fish head supper when we really just wanted another sleepover with a bit more yuri fan service! At least we got the sexiest indirect kiss between Eiko and her teacher. Definitely get the feeling that there is some more explicit action happening off camera.
OG_OtakuApr 13, 2023 5:00 AM
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Nov 2023
Well it's finally over. It's a fun anime to watch though imo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

46 by Tsune_3 »»
Mar 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

49 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

53 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

31 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

89 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:50 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.