Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2011 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
noteDhero said:
I never saw his usual disposition as tranquil. I see it as very repressed, obsessed, and possessive.

I wholeheartedly agree. I also find this guy quite scary. He has a nasty lurking temper that has manifested itself in several episodes. There was that time when he was burning tires into the high school yard because he was obviously peeved that Yujin still thought that Joosang was alive and he intended to visit the school office to prove to Yujin that she was wrong. Then there was that other time when Chelin visited him to encourage him to marry Yujin asap and he turned from her and crushed the cup in his hand and he really had this scary look of anger in his eyes. Then that time on the ski lift when he basically threatened Yujin telling her that he refuse to break the engagement and that they will get married as planned. There are other examples too even from back when he was in high school.

This guy is controlling. He appears nice on the outside, but when things aren't going his way, his temperament becomes scary. Yes, people are entitled to get mad but this guy's anger is not normal. He has a temper and reminds me of the type of guy who would hit his wife.

If he didn't have that scary temper, I might actually find him sympathetic even though I think he's very stupid to want to marry a woman who is obviously madly in love with another man. The funny thing is that this character's obsession with Yujin has been toned down a lot from the original drama character.
Taylor_elleNov 12, 2011 8:59 AM
Dec 31, 2011 7:00 PM

Apr 2010
WHAT? Sanghyuk is nice and caring, why hate him? Chelin iz the one that should really get out of the way. and "Lee" BETTER remeber soon!
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Dec 5, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Chelin doesn't bother me nearly as much as Sangyuk because Joosong knows how to handle her. One of the things I like about Joosong's character is that he is very blunt and he wouldn't let Chelin's schemes work. With Sangyuk, because Yujin is such a pushover, he bullies her so much that it frustrates me. It was even worse in the drama. The things he did to her and got away with was too much. Honestly, I can't stand to see the way he bosses her around even forcing marriage on her when he knows she has never loved him and when she's told him that she wants to call the marriage off. I mean, how pathetic can you be to marry a woman who can't even get over her first love from ten years ago. Obviously her feelings for her first love runs very deep because not even time diminished them.
Feb 23, 2019 10:19 PM

Jun 2015
heavily dislike chelin and sanghyuk. chelin is just a mega bitch so far, like she can't handle rejection or not getting what she wants as it seems. sanghyuk is just too stubborn, but at least i can see where he's coming from and empathize with him.
Sep 13, 2020 9:06 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
did he just leave his car in the middle of the fucking road?! XD
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙

More topics from this board

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 26 Discussion

Hercule - Oct 16, 2010

27 by Short_Circut »»
Oct 15, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 5 Discussion

Valentiln - Jan 4, 2010

12 by CatLoverMoshi »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 4 Discussion

ParaParaJMo - Nov 9, 2009

22 by Neil1998 »»
Dec 30, 2020 4:59 AM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 2 Discussion

neow_neow - Oct 25, 2009

46 by Neil1998 »»
Dec 29, 2020 1:40 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 23 Discussion

Siva - Sep 6, 2010

6 by 3miL »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.