Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2007 12:22 PM

Oct 2006
This was my favourite episode so far. Probably 'coz it's the first time we get to see a game (well half of it).
Strong points in the characters. Some less noticeable, has expected, since it's a big team. Mihashi it's a bit annoying at times, with all that crying but I don't dislike him. It would be great if he gets a lot of development during the anime, has I expect he will. Abe is probably my favourite atm. calm, inteligent... Tajima is great too, the l33t player of a newbie team, "a blessing from heaven", haha. That scene with him pointing up all the numbers in record time was great.
That's another thing I'm enjoying atm. The original (I think.. not too many sports animes watched) exercises they've been doing too bump important abilities.
The animation style is pretty good too. Not very common, but still great.

I'm interested to see what's gonna happen in the next episode. and see if they'll be able to win bump Mihashi's confidence.
May 25, 2007 12:29 PM

Jan 2007
Great epidsode. Mihashi is the annoying/weak type of player yet i dont dislike him either. I loved the interaction between Abe and Mihashi, it was very touching. I cant wait to see the next episode cause sports anime are all about the games they play.
Dec 29, 2007 8:38 PM

Oct 2007
"SUKI DA" haha. wow i love abe and mihashi's relationship. its so interesting since they're opposites.

this episode was great. i just love everything about this show so far. i havent felt this excited for a show so early on since watching Honey & Clover. =)
May 16, 2009 2:24 PM

Jul 2008
So far I hate Mihashi very much, but that translates into me liking Abe that much more for handling him. And that Kanou is a nice fellow, the guy most affected by Mihashi is the guy that is most friendly with him.
Sep 28, 2009 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
Usually I hate the type of characters like Mihashi, but still I dunno why I don't hate him.
Apr 8, 2010 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
there's a definite shounen-ai undertone here lol

I really wish they'd cut the long winded explanations :(
it feels like they have no respect whatsoever for the intelligence of their audience :/
Oct 16, 2010 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
Mihashi is so lucky to have his hands held by Okazaki Tomoya.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2011 11:10 AM

Mar 2009
that hand-holding scene was incredibly shounen-ai.

I wish my english was better ._.
Aug 9, 2011 8:02 PM
Oct 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Three episodes in, and I'm already shipping Abe/Mihashi. This is not a good sign for my fangirl heart.

Girl, that's been me since episode one. And it's been so worth it! Seriously, that scene in the bushes (ahem...) felt like a confession; they didn't even try to be skillful about wording it. I think this hand-holding is going to be a trend,a dn I'm loving it.^^o lovely.^0^
Dec 2, 2012 11:05 AM

Jul 2011
wounder said:
that hand-holding scene was incredibly shounen-ai.

Nooo! Why so BL? T_T

"I like you, not just as a pitcher!"
me: -headdesk-

This BL annoys me. It's like fanservice. It may work in some series, but it ruins others. =.=

However, I'm starting to really like this anime. :D
MirorinDec 2, 2012 11:31 AM
Nov 21, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2012
That former catcher teammate of Miyoshi is a super bully. But I hope Miyoshi can finally overcome his guilt and show to his former teammates that he has potentials. Good thing his current teammates now are really good guys..
May 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
Not a fan of BL, but I was laughing so hard at the holding hands scene because it was so awkward.

Mirorin said:

"I like you, not just as a pitcher!"
me: -headdesk-

However, I'm starting to really like this anime. :D

Likewise. I hope the fanservice doesn't get in the way of the plot development.
Jun 13, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2008
Hand-holding is a yay. Old Catcher-kun is quite the arse - out of proportion to Mihashi's sins, so hopefully the new battery is going to give them their just desserts.

The OP and ED really are so enjoyable.
Jun 23, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2014
English-Abe finds his own. English-Mihashi's still shaky but improving. Everything is 10x more embarrassing in English (//◇//)-3 b-but I-I like it, too!

Hits right to the feel-icenter. Help, I'm in quake city.
Jul 10, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Omg Mihashi is so killing me oO So irritating... If I knew someone like him irl I would have totally lost it by now and punched him :s Or at least get very angry..

Anyway Tajima is pretty cool :)
LyrisiaJul 10, 2014 1:54 PM
Jul 25, 2014 5:33 PM

Dec 2009
At the start of the episode I really wanted to pick up a big boulder, and hit Mihashis head hard... but I do kind of understand his problems... A really irritating character, but I feel like he might turn out better after a while.

A good show so far! Oh, and btw, the coach is awesome!
Mar 31, 2015 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
SalumoN said:
At the start of the episode I really wanted to pick up a big boulder, and hit Mihashis head hard... but I do kind of understand his problems... A really irritating character, but I feel like he might turn out better after a while.

It really needs to come fast because I'm just ... wringing my hands together to prevent myself from want to choke some sense into him.
May 18, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah... that was gay
Oct 2, 2015 1:46 AM

May 2014
Hahahaha, Mihashi is so cute.
May 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Jul 2015
If they don't fix that Mihashi character soon I'm dropping the anime.
Jun 4, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Usually I have high tolerance toward wimpy main characters as they are pretty common in anime but Mihashi is triggering me hard. Pretty much this anime is gear toward fangirls, however so far this feel more like a sports anime than Cross game.
BornWithCHeeSeJun 4, 2016 3:10 PM
Jun 19, 2016 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
Okay, the hand holding scene wasn't that gay, and the whole "I like you" obviously means friends. A lot of bromance, but nothing very gay. Most sports anime are like this anyway, they just hide it and spread it out.

I normally despise pathetic characters, no matter the gender. I can't tolerate them at all. But I can't dislike Mihashi and I actually kind of like him. He has real problems and isn't just pathetic for no reason. I'm glad he has a good team and Abe to support him now. He's set up to have a very memorable and nice character development and I'm greatly looking forward to it.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Aug 14, 2016 10:07 PM

Jun 2011
Saffron_entity said:
I normally despise pathetic characters, no matter the gender. I can't tolerate them at all. But I can't dislike Mihashi and I actually kind of like him. He has real problems and isn't just pathetic for no reason.
This is the exact reason why I love Mihashi's character, despite him looking absolutely pathetic. His issue is a real trauma, it's not just there for the character development, like it was in most of the other anime with this type of character. He is not pathetic just because, if you get what I mean.

Which is why I feel like this assessment is wrong,
BornWithCHeeSe said:
Usually I have high tolerance toward wimpy main characters as they are pretty common in anime but Mihashi is triggering me hard. Pretty much this anime is gear toward fangirls, however so far this feel more like a sports anime than Cross game.

especially the latter statement. This anime is not geared toward fangirls at all, it is written for pretty much every demographics (has a shounenish theme, no explicit adult/mature scene, proper character development, mature atmosphere, etc.). It just so happens that the fujoshi love to interpret this as boy's love.

I usually dislike pathetic characters, but in Mihashi's case, I could really sympathize with him, which is a huge plus because it felt so real. His personality changes with the events around him, it is not just a character archetype. (may be spoilerish) but he is actually aware of his own personality and it affects him too, where as other main characters of the same type doesn't seem to care (feel more like a character archetype than a person's personality, if you know what I mean).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2016 3:51 PM
Feb 2015
i am half into the episode and Mashima (main character) is so annoying being a wuss
Jun 17, 2017 10:00 PM

Jun 2014
Can't watch this BL garbage. 1/10 dropped.
Benio_Jun 17, 2017 10:09 PM
Feb 7, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
Mihashi is the biggest crybaby pitcher I've ever seen, funny.
The I like you parts were funny too, haha.
Apr 15, 2019 7:09 PM

Mar 2017
Lmao this is the first time that I saw a really crybaby and loser personality lmao. I'm kind of annoyed but I can't get annoyed to him cause I feel so sorry for him ugh.

Thank God Takaya is there for him!!! Don't know what other's said about it being gay lol, it's normal for friends to say that. Just because you like someone it doesn't mean
you like them "romantically" smh.

+
TAJIMA OMG I LOVE TAJIMA ♥

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 26, 2019 4:55 AM

May 2019
Mihashi is a guy who is at least 15 years old, but he cries a lot. Even children don't cry so much as Mihashi.
Mihashi cries from any word and it is very annoying, he behaves worse than a capricious and spoiled princess.
Nov 19, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2018
They're so cute!! I ship Abe with Mihashi !! Kyahhhh!~

Jul 19, 2021 8:01 AM

Dec 2020
goddd im so not into mihashi's timid scared of everything personality but i hope he eventually grows from it so im looking forward to that. the team coming together before the game after abe's speech was great abe god i love them and mihashi's talk was so nice to they're BEST friends idc idc

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 12 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 9, 2007

22 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 4, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

19 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 9 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 12, 2007

24 by Twicky_ »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:51 AM

» MC's personnality

_Kudo_ - Aug 29, 2023

2 by _Kudo_ »»
Aug 29, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 17 Discussion

lowell - Jan 3, 2008

27 by ims-tokyo »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.