Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2017 6:14 PM
Jun 2013
OMGGGGGG

I was not expecting this at all. This was the best episode in all of Soma. Completely took me off guard. It literally went from zero to 100 in like 10 seconds. I cannot believe the stakes of this battle. Amazing push in the story. Either outcome, whether Soma loses or wins, will have an incredible change in the story.
Dec 20, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Alice showed his uncle that she's not the person to mess with.

No one disrespects Alice like that.
Dec 20, 2017 1:23 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that's quite the buildup, really wondering what the last episode of this season will have to offer!
Dec 20, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
Alice was truly impressive, it takes courage to stand up to an oppressive figure like that. A fine sister. Azami's face afterwards as he pondered over the Central's defeat was sublime.

I personally enjoyed the sight of Hisako in her underwear as well.
Dec 20, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
Alice standing up to Azami <3
Dem Erina and Hisako fanservice wew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Megumi and Hisako's reactiong to Tsukasa's food wew damn. I should learn how to cook
Dec 23, 2017 9:25 PM

May 2015
I like MC determination but I think things won’t go his way... too bad because I really detest this Central and his Leader (Erina's father) BS
Jan 2, 2018 9:21 PM

Jan 2013
Making the stakes low enough that it's easy to envision him losing, and the reward great enough that it's impossible for him to win. Of course there's only one way it could go.
Jan 4, 2018 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
Damn. At first I thought there's no way Yukihira would win against the fucking first seat and then they revealed some truth about Central and now there's so much at stake I think Yukihira should and would win. But how? Those two were orgasming after just smelling what he's frying ffs that's ridiculous.
Jan 8, 2018 2:39 AM

May 2010
Central's long-term goal is... ridiculous. That's all.
Feb 1, 2018 6:11 AM

Sep 2012
i was hoping Erina would blow a fuse when the 3instructors that came to her class mentioned her father that she yells i hate that man, that man isn't my father, have u any idea what he did to me when i was a child?! he got exiled from family for a reason so shut up about that monster, i dot want hear about that monster

how i would have loved to see that

TragicRomance said:
Central's long-term goal is... ridiculous. That's all.

most ppl here say how stupid it is & i half to agree

i just wonder how he convinces government of doing hes biting (he cant just order to shut them down, even with government help, there is a law called human right u know) :D

OFC it would be possible in Russia cause corrupt government is on power & same goes for president, if u get a long with the2 enough well u can do anything u want

TheSmilingShoujo said:
I'm guessing that Yukihira will lose this match because it's not an official shokugeki. It's okay because he doesn't really lose in this case since he's so OP and full of shit.

Anyway, Azami's vision is not economically viable if he expects only gourmet restaurants to exist in Japan. Not every commoner can afford that. And fast food franschises chased out of Japan? Good luck with the government.

what ever can i afford it or not doesn't matter i would never go in a restaurant, what u can really call restaurants, cause they serve food in stages or how to call it in eng, first they bring u something u dish with wood & food is just 2bites (even if some restaurant offers real food its same issue, why would i eat there with triple or higher price if i get same with normal price from a diner), only dumb ppl go to restaurants :D, well that's my opinion cause i get a lot more food with same price in diner, like int there 2 bites & diner i get full 2 or 3 days that's hwy its dumb & waste of money, so i would go in a restaurant even if i would be richest guy in the world, i would rather give that money to charity then to a restaurant, new Soumas family diner has normal good food's places like that are okay

i like normal diners & food places, or are all food places called diners what aren't cafeteria?
Sugram22Feb 7, 2018 4:09 AM
Feb 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2014
seems that Azami is sick person... I hate him even more now ;o if that would happen irl I couldn't taste great Japan dishes in my trip there.
anyway who will be the judge? Erina?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 1, 2018 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
Central out there trying to be the nazism of food, and Soma ain't having none of it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 15, 2018 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
Alice was awesome this episode standing up to Azami like that :D I honestly love Tsukasa's character lol, he's hilarious in every scene he's in and let's be honest I love his seiyuu too :P Him teaching the class and Souma helping was pretty interesting, and then their shokugeki ... wagering the First Seat huh? Well what can I say, I think Tsukasa's skill level should be clearly above Souma's at this point in time, so assuming he wins it'll be really interesting to see Souma have to become his right hand man ... and closing down all the "rubbish" restaurants in Japan? LOL XD THAT'S so ridiculous ahahahahaha XD
May 25, 2018 1:41 AM

Apr 2016
THIS MAN REALLY WANTS TO MONOPOLIZE THE FOOD INDUSTRY IN JAPAN... AND MAKE IT ALL FANCY GOURMET RESTAURANTS?

dum.
[
Jun 4, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
I don't think Souma will win this one, he's not ready.
Jul 10, 2019 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
This episode we saw why Alice is definitely in the top 2 of best girls. Souma actually fights against the 1st seat already? Didn't expect that to happen so soon.
Jan 9, 2020 5:46 PM
Dec 2018
What would Yukihara gain from getting the top seat of a corrupt organization? It's not like he would be able to change anything.
Jan 10, 2020 6:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is getting even more interesting, I'm really looking forward to Eishi vs Souma
Mar 10, 2020 4:22 AM

Aug 2017
Well, Central's goal makes no sense. If they do that, Japan's economy is going to collapse unless Azami explains it better in the future. At least, that goal was not necessarily evil to the students. I doubt Souma is going to win, it will be pretty stupid huh.

Also, I like how Megumi is being thrown at the scene for no reason lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 28, 2020 1:25 PM

Apr 2016
So Voldemort has taken over the Ministry of Magic, and his grand plan is to... shut down non-gourmet restaurants in Japan.

This must have been mis-translated. This makes no sense.

You can't stop the economy. If people are willing to buy something (ie, cheap food for the common masses), people are going to be incentivized to meet that demand (making money by cooking cheap food for the common masses), until market equilibrium is met.

It doesn't matter if Central SOMEHOW, inexplicably, manages to shut down all of the cheap mom & pops restaurants. Other people are going to fill in that gap to meet demand on their own.

The only alternative I can think of is that the line was poorly worded, and Central doesn't intend to "shut down" cheap mom & pop restaurants, but instead intents to have their chefs infiltrate those restaurants and serve Azami's gourmet... which, again, isn't really going to work if 1. the general public can't afford the gourmet, and 2. the general public wants the old food that was being served more than Azami's gourmet, which leads us back to square one. People want their cheap food, and other people are going to provide it. It's that simple really. This glaring leap in logic needs to be addressed ASAP.

The only way to absolutely shut down mom & pops restaurants is to have the federal government pass a lot forbidding it (with Azami's gourmet restaurants being the only permitted restaurants in Japan), but at that point we'd be entering into schlocky fanfic territory. What, the government is going to commit political and economic suicide by killing the food industry, and then getting voted out of office in a couple years, with their replacements reverting the law back to the prior status quo? What politician would go along with this?
Sep 7, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2017
did food wars really just tackle classism in the food industry?!?! damn
Oct 10, 2020 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
I think yukihira is biting more than he can chew RIP but also ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 19, 2020 3:06 AM

May 2016
As much as I want to see Souma win this match, Tsukasa putting his position as the First Seat on the line in this Shokugeki made it way too important for him to lose especially at this point of the story. Even if he ends up losing and joining Central, I hope that he'd use his predicament to his advantage when it comes to improving his cooking so he can defeat them from the inside.

I'd say that this was one of the best episodes in this season overall thanks to Alice and that moment where Souma masterfully assisted Tsukasa. The only downside of this episode was Central's dumbass long-term goal to wreck Japan's food industry. As if conquering Totsuki Academy wasn't crazy enough...

Mar 7, 2021 11:29 PM

Dec 2012
Azami.
8 years ago.
Erina.
Nothing but hate.
Alice oppai.
Nikumi.
lol at Soma being the only one wearing his usual outfit.
Shinomiya.
A sub?
Tsukasa?
Soma will be his assistant.
Dat blue haired girl got nice oppai.
Erina oppai.
Right hand man?
LAWD JESUS! DAT PANTSU AND BOOTY! DAT BRA AND OPPAI JIGGLE!
Oh snap! Dat was Hisako's booty. Anyway...
LAWD! DAT ERINA BODY! Dat bra and pantsu!
Tsukasa is putting his seat on the line?
Soma will join Centralif he loses?
Soma accepts the challenge.
Time to get your Shokugeki on.
Megumi and Hisako orgasm'd from the smell. Erina is twitching.
Obliterate all of Japan's restaurants?
Soma will never join Central.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 5, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2009
HMMMMM, VERY INTERESTING EP MY BROSKII!!!! come on SOMA! show them how the common man is good!
Jul 13, 2021 4:46 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah, Central's goals are too damn stupid and non-feasible. It only works in fanfiction, not in their reality or even the actual reality. You cannot monopolize the food market to basically alienate most of the consumers across the country for basically food elitism where the most expensive gourmet restaurants only survive. It's just so stupid to process that the author came up with this idea and that was really the fucking goal lol.

Beyond thinking about Central's writing, I actually thought this episode was good and found it quite refreshing to see Soma and Eishi collab together and then confront each other, with some nice little stakes where Soma either can win and accomplish his goal of winning the First Seat of the Academy, or lose and basically join Central. It'd remind of when John Cena joined the Nexus a decade back in WWE if he lost, which was the case. They were a lot more interesting to watch than I expected. If Central's goals actually made sense with the whole takeover, this would have been a great episode. Oh well.
Oct 22, 2021 7:20 PM

Sep 2015
The Totsuki's school system makes no sense, how do they manage to be above the countries law now?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 23, 2023 12:09 PM

Jan 2021
Soma really needs to learn to not help his enemies.
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.