Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 12, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Little Alice is so adorable :)
I love seeing more of her past. She also impressed me at the way she stood up against her uncle.

Really interesting to see Eishi (Number 1 seat) working along side Souma. They got some noticable character chemistry too. As for Erina, I like how she's regaining her confidence again thanks to her new friends.

Eishi has such a noticable presence just from this episode and the aura he gives off is mesmerizing.

Stark700Dec 12, 2017 9:39 AM
Dec 12, 2017 8:03 AM
Mar 2017
yeaaaahh!! another Fservice episode
Alice is a perfect cousin and her moment with erina is gold
azami is pissed Lol
then we can see the white knight of table teaching and coincidently soma takes a lecture with him
but ..... Megumi come too? still makes me confuse a little bit cause a bit different scene with manga
after that Tsukasa wants to make soma his private sous chef and of course soma rejects him and finally a battle begins unofficially (you can say that 'simulation battles')

for anime only watcher, stay calm with the fservice if you cant stand with it, it just for this week, I guarrantee that. next epsd is an intense battle

8.5 /10
Oira_yukihiraDec 12, 2017 8:11 AM
Dec 12, 2017 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

I absolutely loved the part where Alice stood upto Azami, Go Alice! Show them who's boss. Her encouraging Erina after that was also really sweet. <3
I'm also glad to see Erina becoming more independent after Alice told her to be herself. :)
This episode made me like Alice a lot more than I normally do.

Tsukasa and Soma team up in the cooking place was pretty cool to watch, they work pretty well together.
I love how Soma points out that Tsukasa acts like a nice timid guy but is just as selfish as every other cook when he request Soma to join him.

Central's plan is to destroy all non gourmet restaurants eh? That certainly is the worst thing ever. Some people depend on those places for food you know. :3
I love how Soma got all riled up at the end when he knew Central was directly targeting Yukihira diner.
Dec 12, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2016
is there still no confirmation for number of episode? I hope they keep going until just before the current manga arc
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 12, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2015
Megumi and Hisako reaction are more erotic than it should be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Into the Internet!
Dec 12, 2017 10:20 AM
Jul 2017
Having read the manga this episode was a little boring, previous episodes despite knowing the outcome have had me intrigued and interested, but fore some reson this didnt. And these mofos still havent showed us that glorious glorious mastepiece of a scene yet! Why? Why!?!? Whats so hard about that!! Just give the fans what they want!
Dec 12, 2017 10:24 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seeing Alice stand up for Erina was amazingly heartwarming, Erina witnessed it, too! :)

Souma vs. Tsukasa, i did not see that coming in any way! That is hype fuel, i don't see Yukihira winning against the current #1 but that would mean, he has to work for Central/Tsukasa!
Dec 12, 2017 10:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

I absolutely loved the part where Alice stood upto Azami, Go Alice! Show them who's boss. Her encouraging Erina after that was also really sweet. <3
I'm also glad to see Erina becoming more independent after Alice told her to be herself. :)
This episode made me like Alice a lot more than I normally do.

Tsukasa and Soma team up in the cooking place was pretty cool to watch, they work pretty well together.
I love how Soma points out that Tsukasa acts like a nice timid guy but is just as selfish as every other cook when he request Soma to join him.

Central's plan is to destroy all non gourmet restaurants eh? That certainly is the worst thing ever. Some people depend on those places for food you know. :3
I love how Soma got all riled up at the end when he knew Central was directly targeting Yukihira diner.
All of this times 10
Dec 12, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
Central's goal is not only dumb, but also selfish and close-minded. What's the point of closing up basically every shop in the country for more gourmet restaurants, if there won't be people that will be able to afford the fancy food they make? Looks like Central cooks for themselves.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 12, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was so good and sexy. Damn! I can never get enough of this. Even though there were some changes it was still good. X3
Dec 12, 2017 10:49 AM

Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
Central's goal is not only dumb, but also selfish and close-minded. What's the point of closing up basically every shop in the country for more gourmet restaurants, if there won't be people that will be able to afford the fancy food they make? Looks like Central cooks for themselves.

I'm so glad other people realise how stupid it is, I was just about to write this argument haha. No way they would make prices affordable for "commoners", so their bussiness would crash and burn very quickly.
Dec 12, 2017 11:05 AM

May 2015
I have 3 questions :

1 . Why is Megumi in this episode?
2 . Why is Megumi in this episode?
3 . Why is Megumi in this episode?

The whole series was ruined when they did not cover chapter 150 and 151 and I was not able to see Erina's priceless face when she get's to know *you know what* animated.
Upon that Megumi is being thrown at someplace where she does not belong. I don't feel like watching this anymore :(
I wanted Souma and Nakiri to be highlighted only. Not Megumi.
AnimeCruizerDec 12, 2017 11:08 AM
Dec 12, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
Amazing Episode. Next episode will be even more amazing...no doubt about it.
Dec 12, 2017 11:33 AM
Apr 2014
The character designs and animation are absolute shit and so off model. Where's the fucking budget huh???? I blame One Meme Man.
Soma vs the number 1 guy in Totsuki, with massive stakes, seat vs joining central and being the first seat's right hand man.
Next episode could be the final episode and it wouldn't be a bad note to end on tbh.
joe_g7 said:

Central wants to fuck up the economy jk.
I think it's meant as they want to get rid of places that serve trash food but not necessarily highly expensive food, cheap doesn't have to necessarily equate to trash, there are a lot of cheap places that serve good stuff, like Yukihira's diner I'm guessing.
Central vs Mcdonalds arc incoming.
Dec 12, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Azimi ruined alice's friendship with erina and souma vs tsukasa after he teaches a class.
Dec 12, 2017 11:52 AM
Jul 2017
Drake1000 said:
The character designs and animation are absolute shit and so off model. Where's the fucking budget huh???? I blame One Meme Man.
Soma vs the number 1 guy in Totsuki, with massive stakes, seat vs joining central and being the first seat's right hand man.
Next episode could be the final episode and it wouldn't be a bad note to end on tbh.
joe_g7 said:

I think it's meant as they want to get rid of places that serve trash food but not necessarily highly expensive food, cheap doesn't have to necessarily equate to trash, there are a lot of cheap places that serve good stuff, like Yukihira's diner I'm guessing.

Well JC Staff Is doing three animes at the same time ( UQ Holder , Food Wars and Kujira no Kora ) ...
Dec 12, 2017 12:22 PM
Jan 2017
can anyone remind me if Megumi was there beside erina and hesoko while hiding in the manga i only remember erina and hesoko xD
Dec 12, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2014
The constant zooming in, out, and sideways makes this look so amateurish.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 12, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
Is Azami part of the government or something? How is it possible to force close every shop in the country when he only has control over one school?
I don't see how his economic connections would stand a chance against lawsuit and public demand.
Dec 12, 2017 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Drake1000 said:
joe_g7 said:

Though first seat himself said that places like Yukihira's diner were not needed, he didn't seem to care about the taste of the food at all.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 12, 2017 1:02 PM

Jan 2017
I really want Souma to win but i honestly don't see that happening, yet again, i don't se him joining Central either BUT also i don't see him becoming first seat i mean,

WELP.

Btw baby Eishi it's a master, seriously, and i love his double personality of totally insecure to totally selfish guy.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 12, 2017 1:18 PM

Jun 2014
It was great seeing Alice stand up to Azami, and he looked visibly affected by that after he walked away.

I wasn't expecting a match between Souma and Tsukasa so soon, but I'm looking forward to it, even though the outcome should be pretty obvious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 12, 2017 1:22 PM
Feb 2009
Duel with the first seat ? That was unexpected.
Dec 12, 2017 1:28 PM
Mar 2016
MyKamiList said:
Is Azami part of the government or something? How is it possible to force close every shop in the country when he only has control over one school?
I don't see how his economic connections would stand a chance against lawsuit and public demand.

Well, you know them Jap's always wanted to think of themselves as number 1 to the point of misusing themselves of being Japanese.
Dec 12, 2017 1:29 PM
Dec 2016
holiday498 said:
joe_g7 said:

I'm so glad other people realise how stupid it is, I was just about to write this argument haha. No way they would make prices affordable for "commoners", so their bussiness would crash and burn very quickly.

I agree, but then again Azami has already shown to be very particular about who gets to enjoy the food as well, so I don't think he cares about the masses one way or another. It is a baffling plan, and to me it feels like a way to make him more obviously evil, as if that was needed. I'm not sure how closing all non gourmet restaurants will vastly improve the gormet cooking, but I suppose those restaurants might a few more customers. Maybe it wil make more sense later.

Rambling aside, I'm not sure how I feel about the upcomming duel between Souma and Tsukasa. It's a cool idea, and I get that Souma will never back down from a challenge, but I don't see Souma winning realistically. He didn't bet his expulsion from the school, so from a narrative it's certainly possible to let Souma lose, but I can't really see him being Central's puppet either. Sure, Souma is an exelent assistant, but ultimately he is all about doing his own thing. It's all about Ore no ryouri (my cooking).
Dec 12, 2017 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
How questionable Central's goal may be aside, Tsukasa is basically an elitist, isn't him?
I wonder how this shokugeki will end, since I doubt Souma is going to join Central and Tsukasa is the "final boss", so it's obvious he is not going to being defeated that early, unlike Eizan.
Dec 12, 2017 1:36 PM
Jun 2017
HYPEEEEE. That's the only thing i can think of right now.
Dec 12, 2017 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
Souma can't win. There's no way. It'd be outrage. Although I'm wondering why there aren't any alumni that are coming back and defending the old ideals. Maybe they haven't heard. Anyways, I especially liked this episode though because it showed that Central was not necessarily evil to the students. What I mean by that is the whole objective of Central is obviously demented, but the courses that are teaching students to imitate existing recipes will only increase the student's cooking ability. Sure they won't be making their own food, but they'll end up working for the gourmet restaurants that Central approves of.
Dec 12, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
You tell him Alice! Love how she stood up to Azami and denied wanting to be part of his outrageous plans... Souma vs first seat Tsukasa, didn't expect it to see it this soon... Next week will be so epic, I can't contain my hype :D

That changing room fanservice was deliciously good!!
Dec 12, 2017 2:11 PM
Jun 2016
I wonder if these changes to the story are due to complaints the manga has gotten of straying too far from what it was, the whole central arc kinda derailed alot of what made shokugeki fun, I don't mind as much, but definetly more going on here then before.
Dec 12, 2017 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
The battle between Tsukasa and Yukihira so far has been really good. Central's goal, as explained by Tsukasa, is just a colossal car crash waiting to happen. Since it directly affects restaurants that serve to the masses, like Yukihira Diner, Yukihira himself has every right to lay down an ambitious claim that he'll win against Tsukasa.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing both finished dishes next week. =)

Although, something that left me feeling satisfied earlier was Hisako and Erina changing out of their cooking clothes, showcasing their nice figures and underwear set. Nice... =3

Alice also deserves praise as well. She's pissed at Azami for being the sole reason as to why her letters never got to Erina and why she never got a reply too. Seeing her verbally bashing Azami and also telling Erina to get her mojo back shows how much progression Alice has had in terms of character development since we first saw her in season one.
Dec 12, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2015
They are making this too over the top dramatic. I feel like they keep trying to up the stakes or something.
I bet they will use Erina and co as judges. It would be cool to see Souma lose and see how he destroy Central from inside out. That'd be a change of pace.
Dec 12, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
It’s good to see Alice standing up to Azami.

I don’t see how Souma can win this one but I don’t see him joining Central.

Alice FTW
Dec 12, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2017
😭😭😭 why does it feel as though yukihira is going to fail.... Please win, please

Eishi though, damn... I can really feel him, like he's right in front of me... Did anyone else's mouth water at eishi's venison

Everyone's had that feeling with they catch the scent of some amazing food
Dec 12, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2017
G_Spark233 said:

Alice FTW

When your roast is deep AF 😂😅
Dec 12, 2017 3:51 PM

Mar 2016
Ommmmgggg crazy wager... I don’t even know which way this is going to go!
I don’t wanna wait for next weeks episode!

Feed ME some of this food now OR ELSEEEEEEEEE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2017 4:19 PM
Aug 2014
LOL so these idiots want to shutdown fast food restaurants as well? Good joke.
Dec 12, 2017 4:52 PM

Sep 2015
tambi33 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Alice FTW

When your roast is deep AF 😂😅

Right lol.

Some good humor in this episode. Nice build up for this showdown. The first seat knew how to bait him perfectly into a showdown he is probably not going to win. Wish they would have made it an official Shokugeki though.

He can't beat the first seat realistically, the only decent outcome I can see when he is not forced to join central is the 1st seat recognizing his cooking enough that he lets him continue fighting against central after admitting defeat.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Dec 12, 2017 4:58 PM

Oct 2017
Oh deer, I never would've expected to see that shokugeki this soon.

I really hope to see Souma battling Azami that guy really deserves every ounce of hate. These central goals are just insane!
Dec 12, 2017 4:59 PM

Apr 2016
well the stakes are really getting higher and higher, I love it!
Dec 12, 2017 5:00 PM

Oct 2012
He can't win this, he can't, right? That would break the rules of all shounen animes. I just wonder how he copes with his new job of First Seat assistent.

Also, Erina being there, she'll probably judge their match. Is this sign of things to come? :)
Dec 12, 2017 5:02 PM

Jan 2016
Quite a good episode this week to see a little about Alice past and Yukihi ability after stagiare(?) .

But it'll be better in the next episode I hope..

My guess is Yukihira will lose but will not work for central either just like Tadokoro's expulsion case before or the story will become weird :/
Dec 12, 2017 5:29 PM

Mar 2011
Yukihira will prolly lose, but it's sucks he doesn't take the time to prepare for the Shokugeki, why the rush ?
+ I agree, why did Megumi end up in that hall along with Erina. Doesn't make sense.
Also, when is Erina going to react to the YOU KNOW WHAT. Srsly ppl !
"Il est difficile d'attraper un chat noir dans une pièce sombre, surtout lorsqu'il n'y est pas."
Dec 12, 2017 6:22 PM

Oct 2017
Enjoyed this episode a lot!!

This was one of those episodes that you think is halfway done... and suddely the ending starts... meaning that you're done for the week.... and you're (I'm) too confused as it was probably because you enjoyed it too much!!

Still... can't wait for the next episode!!

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Dec 12, 2017 7:28 PM
Oct 2017
G_Spark233 said:

Alice FTW

lol used this exact screenshot for the background of my episode review...

but this episode was good-ish from the presence of the girls, but it was super plot-heavy instead of being wrapped and exciting so... honestly it describes how the entire season has gone
Dec 12, 2017 7:44 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Central's goal is fuckin retarded

also, seems like next week is the last episode of this season.
DatRandomDudeDec 12, 2017 8:04 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 12, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2014
am I the only one here that still hoped they animate a chapter
Manga spoilers ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuDec 13, 2017 1:25 PM
Dec 12, 2017 8:42 PM

Jan 2015
Just like that. One wrong said word and a match is undoubtedly become their only way of resolving things out.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 12, 2017 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
Nice to see Alice standing up for Erina. That goes to show how much a jerk Azami is by ripping all those letters that Alice tried to send to her cousin.

Souma gets a chance to have a Shokugeki match against the First Seat. I find Central's goal rather questionable after Eishi described it.

Credit to Hihanteki
Dec 12, 2017 9:27 PM

Dec 2014
ok a good episode again...it is pretty unbelievable if souma actually defeats the first seat though...I don't want him to lose either
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.