Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 22, 2017 10:45 PM

May 2015
One poser down. Nice win Ryou!
Jan 2, 2018 3:31 AM

Oct 2012
FlamepriesT said:
As much as I love this series, I can't say I enjoyed this episode much. I guess what I really want to see - above anything else - is solid development and good character interaction.

The way things were going, I thought the battle was just a way to properly introduce that central dude, who was going to beat Ryou and face Souma in the near future. But at the end of the day, not even that is going to happen.

At the end of the day, we just got a mere glimpse of the stagiaire arc to understand its impact on Ryou's cooking and that's it. I feel they made that scene too short and didn't explore its potential very wel, because I couldn't really feel it.

Like someone else said, this central guy was basically a filler. I feel this cooking battle got too much screen time and unnecessary attention for a situation where the MC wasn't even involved and the other guy could very well vanish from the series.

Not saying it was a bad episode, but it didn't make me laugh as some other episodes and felt pointless to spend so much time on it.
(Erina moving in bed was the cutest thing though. Her reaction to Isshiki was pretty funny as well, too bad she didn't appear again in the episode after that.)

I wouldn't say the episode is irrelevant to the plot, though. I think this could be a logical way to let Souma and friends recruit Kurokiba to their "rebellion", rather than inviting him out of the blue. I don't want the show to spend too much time on these new filler "elite 4" characters. Souma already beat #9. Let's not move backwards
Jan 2, 2018 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting cooking techniques as always.
Feb 1, 2018 5:26 AM

Sep 2012
Graymanes said:
Well that was happened as expected ofc kurokiba Ryo wins because all of the characters in the anime were befriended soma which the son of 2nd seat elite Joichiro Saiba.This series will be interesting to watch and that erina rocking on the bed were cute xD ive got the feeling that erina will soon fell in love with soma

yea being friends with Souma is so heavy plot armor lol

PrimeX said:
I really thought Kurokiba's gonna lose but I forgot that if he did, he'd have to drop out. Fastastic win though. Also I think we can all agree that there really was no point in making the loli taste the dish aside from her showing the usual orgasmic reaction. Goddamn do I dislike loli fanservice :/

don't u know all Souma's friends have heavy plot armor lol
Sugram22Feb 1, 2018 5:32 AM
Feb 11, 2018 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
Yep, that is the best episode from this season so far.
I like the use of olive oil in losers dish, and everything that Kurokiba made. That explanation of uneven using of spices reminded me why my last dish was not so good as when I made it for the first time. I tried too hard second time and forgot this what made my dish so great first time :) This is the true power of this anime and should have such things in every episode. Season one had many of these things and that is one of the reasons I liked it the most!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 28, 2018 9:08 PM

Mar 2015
Another great episode to show it isn't just Soma trying to stand up against the new Central!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 14, 2018 11:05 PM

Jul 2009
Probably one of the best episodes in this season so far. Reminds me of the previous seasons where the focus was on cooking and explaining what actually went into the dishes. Of course I was cheering for Ryou, but Ren's methods of cooking (using technology and low heat) was pretty interesting too. Of course I think the outcome was pretty obvious, but at least I enjoyed this episode much more than the other ones ... too bad this show still has 0 animation :(
Nov 21, 2018 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
A Loli FoodGasm. Finally.

Jun 4, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2013
Kurokiba won as expected.
Jul 10, 2019 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
Nice, that was a statisfying cooking battle. Though it felt a little too drawn-out overall, didn't expect them to use a whole episode on Ryou destroying such a no-name.
Jan 10, 2020 6:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great fanservice haha Ryo was awesome !
Mar 9, 2020 10:18 PM

Aug 2017
"character growth" was just showing a convenient flashback to justify his "win". They should have shown in his respective season or at least before starting the battle, it would make more sense and not feel forced. Sayonara Central generic member. At least you had a good design. 2/5

pd: that loli fanservice was really disgusting and unnecessary.
NurguburuMar 9, 2020 10:27 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 9, 2020 3:42 PM

Mar 2010
Twas a great match, better than I expected. Also Good too see some of them fake elite's get rekt lolz. Twas a good rapey.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 19, 2020 12:23 AM

May 2016
As usual, both dishes looked delicious but this time's selection is especially right up my alley. I'd certainly love to have the former dish as an appetizer and the latter as the main course.

Rantaro's use of culinary technology made me think about how Ryo could've competed against Alice instead of him if it weren't for the rather over-the-top Central storyline. It'd be more fitting if it would be done in a contest like the Autumn Selections but a Shokugeki between them would've been a lot more interesting and tense considering their caliber and their bond with each other.

Momo and Megumi fanservice is nice.

Mar 7, 2021 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
Steam convection.
Alice oppai.
Salamander.
Salmon ice cream?
Momo pantsu!
Coulibiac?
Erina.
lol at Isshiki.
His brain is rocking!
Megumi pantsu!
Alice oppai.
Evenly matched?
The umami of the salmon.
Ryo won.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2021 4:12 AM

Jul 2017
Ryou Kurokiba beat random Tokyo Revengers reject in this episode, one of the very few Shokugeki where I actually wished it was a lot more condensed. Sure, the cooking techniques were nice and Kurokiba did grow in his abilities, particularly with spices but because the other dude (who I won't even refer to by name since he's just a geek who is only relevant in this episode) was so boring to watch, that the whole matchup felt meh for me. I like how the one shithouse society actually won while societies that actually have value are all shutting down.
Oct 22, 2021 6:33 PM

Sep 2015
Ah, the episode was alright Kuroikiba has changed I suppose
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 23, 2023 11:46 AM

Jan 2021
Mmmmm Bacon bits!
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.