Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2010 3:04 PM

Dec 2009
A lot of cute stuff. The end was a bit surprising as Tybalt doesn't really seem as the hugging kind. But it was still cute. He has a soft side.

It will be really hard for Juliet to face them when she doesn't have the killingbone in her body. But we'll see what happens.

Romeo will be so pissed...or not. xD
<i>Even if I carry these countless scars with me
Quickly or softly, either way you aren't getting my soul</i>
Jul 4, 2010 1:40 PM

Jan 2010
Give me Curio x Benvolio. NOW.
(Francisco x Curio is okay too)
Aug 10, 2010 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
merle_noir said:
Erm... I didn't really hate this episode. Maybe I'm just easy to please. XD I was kinda disappointed with Juilet's turn of character, but I'm sure she'll get stronger again (not... physically...).

I don't really see Tybalt as any competition for Romeo. At all. Even if he's going to be, I can't imagine him actually holding feelings for Juliet. And even if he is her cousin, in those times you could do things like marry your cousin, etc. so it shouldn't make too much of a difference in determining whether he's competition or not.

Mercutio's lame. The only reason I can think of as to why he even made an appearance is foreshadowing. Maybe Romeo will go confide in him about important stuff later on and Mercutio will betray him...? Something like that...

This.
And that xD
And
windy said:
Okay I thought the episode was great and all, but this took the cake:

I'm sorry Franny, but I'm pretty sure you are :P

Enough said <3
Sep 9, 2010 2:00 PM
Jul 2010
Toxic106 said:
I'm okay with this episode, but not as good as the previous ones of course.

One thing's weird about it... Have you guys noticed that Benvolio's letter wasn't written in English? But some other European language like... German or Italian... I don't know, I couldn't read it...

It surely was Italian. Because Romeo x Juliet is set in Italy. At least the original play is.

About the episode... I liked it. Juliet's sudden change of character kinda pissed me off but I like the way the story is developing.
Jan 23, 2011 11:02 AM

Dec 2010
It is Italian, as Dusk252 said. I study Italian and my nerdy side gets all giddy whenever I see they actually used Italian throughout the show... xD I couldn't see all of the letter but it pretty much talked about using an old friend as a messenger and wishing the best, etc.
I liked this episode. I don't think that Juliet not being able to kill makes her weak--it fits along with her character, as someone else mentioned. She never critically hurt anyone before, even as the Red Whirlwind, and taking on a different persona helped her carry out her actions imho. Now, as Juliet without the mask, hurting another after wanting so badly to save everyone is normal, plus she's only 16 and her own parents were killed. I was actually reminded a lot of Batman (Chris Nolan's xD ) and Aang from Avatar, and I don't know anyone who thinks they're weak because they also didn't want to kill... when the time comes she'll do what's right, methinks.
Oh, and about Tybalt, I don't really see the formation of a love triangle in the future, I think the scene was supposed to shake Romeo up a bit, and show that Tybalt is not as cold as he tries to appear. But that's all just my speculation :D
Jul 15, 2011 12:33 PM

May 2010
I really liked this episode.

Tyablt's scary.
I hope that "little scene" doesn't screw things over too much for Romeo and Juliet.
Apr 14, 2012 10:03 PM

Jul 2011
hey tybalt im sad HOLD ME!
Apr 17, 2012 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
hah! i wrote an whole essay on tybalt and this makes me like him more!
btw serisoly mercutio only was in for like 3 seconds!? and was the "father" friar laurence?
Apr 28, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2012
I finally thought that an episode was going to end without a cliffhanger but I guess I was wrong. Also, those Pegasus tend to lose a lot of feathers.

I think people are reading too much into Tybalt hugging Juliet. What else do you do if you have a girl breaking down in front of you? I may be wrong but I think the outcome was what he wanted. If she killed the Priest then she could end up just like Montague. Her inability to kill shows that she would be a fair and just ruler. It would be awesome if it turns out like that but I’m afraid that probably won’t.
Jul 8, 2012 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
Now that's how you get the job done. You show no mercy.
Apr 21, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2012
ohh you romeo,, just how small is your country for you to see that moment at the right time? @@
Oct 23, 2013 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
Ahhhhh, I love misunderstandings. Tybalt is gorgeous and I really wish he wasn't Juliet's cousin.
Oh and by the way, they've completely destroyed Mercutio, my favourite character of all time, destroyed.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Dec 26, 2013 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
I knew she wouldn't kill that priest. That ending though....nasty!
Jan 9, 2014 6:50 PM
Oct 2013
Phaetons_Folly said:
I finally thought that an episode was going to end without a cliffhanger but I guess I was wrong. Also, those Pegasus tend to lose a lot of feathers.

I think people are reading too much into Tybalt hugging Juliet. What else do you do if you have a girl breaking down in front of you? I may be wrong but I think the outcome was what he wanted. If she killed the Priest then she could end up just like Montague. Her inability to kill shows that she would be a fair and just ruler. It would be awesome if it turns out like that but I’m afraid that probably won’t.

I think you're right about the hug but not about his expectations. I think Tyybalt really hoped she would kill the Friar to prove her dedication, but he understood exactly what it meant when she couldn't. Not that she was weak or undedicated, but that she had a pure soul. The hug I think was pretty much just to say "its o.k., I understand." Oh, and to shake up Romeo, which isn't exactly fair as he was ENGAGED through the whole relationship, but he's too adorable for me to hate.
Feb 7, 2014 10:43 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development this episode, that ending sure was hard for Romeo for sure but well let's see what will happen next!
Jan 28, 2017 8:42 AM

Aug 2014
First of all. I feel for Hermione, she doesnt deserve any of this the fuckkk shes so sweet. SECOND. WTF IS THIS A LOVE TRIANGLE????? ARE U KIDDING ME. i hate this
Xtina is my mother!
Apr 27, 2017 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Mercutio has previously been in it, although on briefly. I want to see more of him.

Yeah, I kinda feel bad for Hermione too.

Tybalt is so hot, but he really shouldn't be interested in his own cousin romantically, not sure he is tbh, I think he just wants to protect her like a brother maybe.

Poor Romeo looked heartbroken in the end.

Juliet should have killed the priest if she wants to go out on a quest for revenge like she was meant to, but Tybalt had to do the deed himself. Will she be able to take a life next time after saying she can't? If she wants revenge she may have to.

Francisco is also gorgeous <3
Oct 22, 2017 4:25 PM

Nov 2016
Oh no,here comes the misunderstanding.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2010
Romeo is feeling a bit too clueless and stiff. Juliet seems to have been given the juicier dramatic lines, as well as an actual purpose and direction. He hasn't been given much to work with. Also, dammit, Shakespeare got the "curse your house" line.
Dec 14, 2018 5:58 PM

May 2013
cyruz said:
hisuikirei said:
p.s. Isnt he her cousin? O__O

He is.

Aw, y'all suck. Put some spoiler tags >_>
Dec 20, 2018 2:21 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

Aw, y'all suck. Put some spoiler tags >_>

Relax. We were talking about the original version written by Shakespeare most of us read in school. At this point of the show (Most of us watched it as it aired on TV every week.), we didn't know whether it would hold true in the anime adaptation, so we based it on the original tragedy.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 29, 2021 12:40 AM

Aug 2018
I was afraid this was going to happen Romeo is a weak character in this anime in honesty Im rooting for the new guy he is a better match for Juliet
Mar 31, 2022 6:42 PM
Mar 2019
Juliet will never kill anyone, even if they actually deserve to die.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.