Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 11, 2010 2:18 PM

Sep 2007
YurikoRaine said:
Also any1 noticed that Hiro's monolouge at the end was some kind of "SECOND SEASONZ ZOMFG"-signal? |:

Sweet Jesus I hope not.
Apr 11, 2010 7:56 PM
Mar 2010
Foggle said:
YurikoRaine said:
Also any1 noticed that Hiro's monolouge at the end was some kind of "SECOND SEASONZ ZOMFG"-signal? |:

Sweet Jesus I hope not.
tho if it turns into a comedy..., I might reconsider... >.o
Jul 24, 2010 3:26 PM
Jul 2010
Really disliked this episode. Though the previous ones were not much better.

Almost everybody seems really stupid like "please kill me" and "yes let me be manipulated by the enemy".

The music choices seem to indicate that the makers thought that should be seen as noble sacrifices or something like that.

The whole story and setting are only abused in order to portray some social interactive dramas. Thats probably part of why many people think it sucks so much (and for quite different reasons).
Aug 1, 2010 4:42 PM

Sep 2008
I like how nobody called out Hiroshi's name when a shot was fired so close to him.
Just goes to show what kind of loser he is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2011 10:46 PM
Jun 2010
*peeks head around corner* Hi. Yeah, I know I don't exactly contribute all that often, but there's something about the finale that just bugs me and I felt the need to speak up about it, so there you go. Also, much caplocks in-coming, so raging ahead.

See, here’s what bugs me about the finale: Sakaki flooding the village is obviously supposed to be him crossing the Moral Event Horizon—the moment where you can no longer admire a villain for their badassery, or sympathize with them for their tragic background that drove them to villainy; after THIS particular moment, they become an irredeemable monster whom you hope will receive the nastiest comeuppance possible. As stated, it’s pretty obvious that Sakaki flooding the village is supposed to be this for him, that you’re supposed to hate him and thus feel as though he’s getting what he deserves in his final scene. However (and I know it’s not just me), the way the moment is executed just FAILS for the following reasons:

1. If Sakaki’s plan was to get rid of the Kamibito by flooding the village while they are still in there…well, wouldn’t it make more sense to wait until the evening AFTER the Hassaku festival is over? You know, when everyone’s GONE HOME for the night and thus aren’t pre-occupied with the current FESTIVAL at hand and will thus be caught OFF-GUARD? And besides which, viewers would be more likely to get upset over seeing people drowning than by seeing a few buildings being destroyed (which brings me to another point—only a couple buildings were slightly damaged? Really?).

2. If his ultimate desire was to flood the village…then why didn’t he do it a long time ago? Considering how crappy the security system is, it’s not like he took YEARS to break into the place. On the other hand, if he was actually just planning a little psychological warfare to mess with the villager’s minds to make them feel panic in their final moments, I might have a LITTLE more respect.

3. Let me get this straight: First, Sakaki is going to expose the truth he has been struggling to raise for four years. Then he’s going to kill the only people who know this truth. Um…what?

4. There just isn’t enough emotional build-up to really make you care for the village, or the people within it. You just don’t really spend enough time with the characters or the village individually to care about them, you know?

5. Nit-picky viewers like me are too damn pissed over how STUPIDLY SIMPLE it was for Sakaki to just waltz right into the dam control station like he’s walking into McDonalds, and how even MORE STUPIDLY SIMPLE it was for him to destroy the dam, to give a damn about the morality behind these actions. Let me get this straight: Only ONE person is guarding it? And all it takes to open the floodgates is to PRESS A BUTTON? It’s like the person who designed that system WANTED someone with a grudge against the city to flood it! We’re too busy raging over THOSE details to rage over Sakaki himself.

6. And if Sakaki’s objective were to simply create chaos by flooding the village, WHY THE HELL DIDN’T HE DESTROY THE CONTROLS BEFORE LEAVING?!? Hell, why did he even leave at all?!? To take a bathroom break in the forest?!? PLEASE tell me he’s not THAT stupid in the VN.

Oh, and I am the only one who finds it hilarious that, right before Kaori hugs Sakaki to his demise, we’re suddenly reminded Kaname was standing there the entire time? XD So…while Sakaki was ranting about his revenge, attempting to shoot Nemuru only for Hiroshi to botch the shot at the last second, and having a nervous breakdown after Kaori randomly shows up only to attempt to shoot Nemuru yet AGAIN…what exactly was Kaname DOING the entire time?
Nov 13, 2011 9:52 AM

Dec 2009
Tabibito-san said:
What crap did I just watch and why did I watch 11 episodes of it? Why is there another episode?

My thoughts.

And what was written in Kaname's wish?
Dec 22, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
just horrible how many redo of higurashi they gonna do untill they decide to do something new 1 from me.
Apr 17, 2012 3:27 AM

May 2008
I just wanna congrats This show. They made a dam that is by no means useful to them yet they made it so that you can open it for whatever reason. And knowing that the dam is dangerous they only left 1 person in charge of the whole dam that can destroy the town WIN ;D. frankly i loved this episode it was pretty great but im still not hapy with the way they implemented the whole anime. It could have been muh better.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 1, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2012
Nice episode I do wonder what the next final episode will contain!
Jul 17, 2014 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
I can accept everything but Hiro-kun is worse than a third rate mob character.
That totally blew an awesome anime with lots of potential.
But at least I enjoyed the mysterious vibe before everything came to light.
The fights and music were good.. but the pacing is really slow indeed.
There's one more episode ?! That's a surprise...
Nov 11, 2014 1:40 AM

Jan 2008
Ryukishi07 has a thing for dams. Damn it. Pun intended.
Mar 21, 2015 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
I feel like they were expecting to end the series with this episode, it feels over... what is episode 12 like? Probably like an OVA, covering the events that take place after the main story? Or maybe just a filler episode... guess I'll watch anyway.
Jul 5, 2020 3:22 AM

Mar 2018
What an annoying episode. No one did anything except offering themselves up to be shot. He turned his back of them several times but who cares when you want to be shot. Retarded.
Jun 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Aug 2017
The plot armor is too strong for our protagonists, only a few houses have been crushed and some people left the town.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 25, 2010

126 by superwaha »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Feb 25, 2010

97 by Atavistic »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 20, 2010

187 by removed-user »»
Jul 20, 2021 11:07 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 11, 2010

112 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 4, 2010

74 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.