Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2012 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
Manifest said:
Yamamoto got served lol..

Oh yeah, she was totally expecting Yano to come to her for comfort.
Jul 25, 2012 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
Nanami is really stupid! Yano has a hard past and she keeps pushing him.. Yano is a good guy.. even though things didn't turn out well with him and nana he meant everything he said to her and he really loved her! Now that she's dead he's just trying to make a new start and Nanami won't let him.. she just needs to know everything and she gets mad at him for things that he did with other girls before he even knew her... Nanami is the one who is not fair!
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Sep 5, 2012 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
i think it was teh right decision to break up Take is much better but i know she'll end up with Yano >.< ...
VampireLordSep 5, 2012 5:10 AM
Nov 26, 2012 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
AzureBlues said:
Manifest said:
Yamamoto got served lol..

Oh yeah, she was totally expecting Yano to come to her for comfort.
Really? For some reason I thought she was being sarcastic about that. I know she likes him but would she really do that again? This girl is like the queen of instigating problems.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 23, 2012 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
Yes, please Yano, go ahead and ruin everything, thank you!

I know that they're gonna get together again though. But before that, I guess it's time for the main love triangle, huh? I really don't want it :/
Jan 18, 2013 1:06 PM

Oct 2009
this reminds me of my previous relationship lol.
Jun 10, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
No way... >_> Was looking for a good and beautiful Shojo and that was perfect till this episode, T__T
Dec 12, 2013 6:16 AM

Jun 2012
i am such a idiot i was done with episode 11 and i wanted to put a comment i read about break up and stuff and was like what is going on since when they broke up then i noticed i was in the wrong episode lol so yeah for me this episode was not to good cause i already knew what happened XD.

all thought it was stupid what Yano said she asked him to tell her what he would say to Nana so she did ask it her self why break up after that she brings his past up every time she should try to make him forget her not let her remember her.

Takeuchi that is not something you should say to your best friend gf lol even if you love her your self ( though i used that line to in the past to one of my friends gf and they broke up >.< )

Mai_san said:
Nanami is really stupid! Yano has a hard past and she keeps pushing him.. Yano is a good guy.. even though things didn't turn out well with him and nana he meant everything he said to her and he really loved her! Now that she's dead he's just trying to make a new start and Nanami won't let him.. she just needs to know everything and she gets mad at him for things that he did with other girls before he even knew her... Nanami is the one who is not fair!

amen exactly my thoughts on it.
RobertovkDec 12, 2013 6:22 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 26, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
yano if you still loved Nana why did u dated nanami gosh i was actually happy she dumped him but i'm sure they will be back together... and actually nanami you're the one who proposed to let yano know what he wanted to say to Nana and when he said it you said i can't take it anymore?? it's kind of your fault in here : p
looks like i will drop or on-hold this anime because right now i don't find it good and i think it will end with a sad ending and i HATE sad endings as much as i hate my science teacher -.-

Aug 11, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
Mai_san said:
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 14, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
What...I didn't sign up for this. I really went into this with the wrong mindset, expecting something sweet and lighthearted. I was nearly brought to tears when Yano said "I'll forgive you for everything, so please come back to me alive." Nana may have betrayed Yano, but I think her feelings for him were genuine and he can't get over that no matter how hard he tries.
Sep 14, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
Oh wew... The emotional coaster is real >.<
Jul 17, 2015 8:15 PM

Nov 2014
Obviously they won't stay broken up since this is only episode 12 out of 26...Relationships like that just don't last though. Takeuchi is definitely a better choice for her, but if she started dating him then it would be like Takeuchi is hurting Yano, and they've been best friends since they were little. Why must things be so difficult? *sigh*

It was pretty sad when Yano was asking for her to come back to him alive...=,(
May 13, 2016 8:33 PM

May 2013
I knew he still loved her >.> I got worried when Nana told Yano to tell her all the things he would say. I was like, what if it's not what you expect and he says "I love you" instead? Tsk tsk tsk. Still too newb, Nana. You too newb.

But maannnnn. Y'all don't think they're gonna stay broken up? And over here, I'm looking forward to my Take X Nana couple blossoming for the remainder of the anime series TT____TT honestly, it's so much better for those two to get together. She goes to Take-kun for all her problems and he listens to her and cares for her. Take-kun is too perf. She'd totally upgrade, forreal.
May 21, 2016 9:09 PM

Apr 2011
That ending insert song that played at the end was really beautiful. 4/5
Jul 12, 2016 4:22 AM

Dec 2015
I can relate to yano alot, finding the girl you connect with 100% and then them betraying you (his ex-gf). Not to mention it was almost the identical situation with the abusive ex-bf and then her going back to him. I can't stand bitches like that... She was almost beat to death and then tried to come crawling back to me a year and half later when she "found herself" and I was like no thank you (she was my ex-fiance). I also know how hard it is to move on when you find a person that is most compatible with you. Its like almost all relationships never live up after that one and its hard to devote yourself 100%. Crappy situation for him I would say.

Also, how can she be mad at him both times when she gets dredging up the past. She doesn't give him a chance to make new memories and forget because she is constantly bringing up his past and old gf. Like when she asked about what happened between Yamamato and him before they dated or what he would say to her and plenty of other little things. Like, if you don't want to know the answer then don't ask idiot.
Jul 27, 2016 12:22 PM
Jul 2016
Abmanju said:
I hope that bug died a painful death.

Agree, a very painful death please.
FireKittyWatch
Jan 18, 2017 10:53 PM

Jan 2013
Ouuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhh. After you (Nanami) pressured him in to saying what Yano felt deep down. What he wanted to say to Nana. You're going to do that to him!

I'll give him credit. What he said was honest and painful to say, but it didn't cross the line. It was repectful to both her and Nana. It was carefully worded too. It should have been a time to comfort him and allow him to move on after repressing his feelings for so long. Nanami did the worst possible thing in that situation. The second half of this is going to be painful.

They're both young and naive, running on emotion.
Jan 7, 2018 9:47 PM

Jun 2017
Ah. I didn't get it at first, but this drama is actually caused by a misunderstanding on Nanami's part. The fact that Yano says he wants Nana to come back alive doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't gotten over her, rather that Yano never accepted her death. Yano never went to the funeral, lit any incense, and fooled himself that he hated her, so he never properly grieved over her and therefore couldn't move on. I was actually thinking this show is pretty lackluster, but if they explore the consequences of failing to grieve over loss as a theme, I gotta say it's better than I thought. In that case, pretty much all of his mistakes and nature can be tied back to this single failure, which is actually pretty brilliant. Unfortunately, there has been no implication of this so far; characters only say to pay his respects as a gesture, not really out of concern for Yano himself. If they do actually explore this, this show might actually be better than I thought, but still pretty mediocre because of its execution.
Snot-nosed_BratJan 7, 2018 9:57 PM
Jan 28, 2019 11:59 PM
Sep 2018
So rude on Takahashi's part....she literally asked him what he truly feels and the only reason she breaks up with him is because it is not what she wants to hear. She needs to have a little more common sense and realize that Yano was in love with the girl and she died...thats not easy to get over....i dont hate Takahashi she is a little too self absorbed sometimes though
Jun 23, 2021 12:02 AM

Jan 2021
Great episode. Glad Yano finally came to terms with his feelings for Nana surrounding her death and betrayal. Until now, he was frozen in time, unable to move forward.

He rushed into a new relationship when he obviously wasn't ready (who would be, after losing their first love in such an awful and untimely way?) He's just a kid.

I find the characters, their actions and the situations in this show very realistic and within reason (considering they're high schoolers).

I think the love between Yano and Nanami is real but this breakup is for the best (at this time). After all, she can't compete with a dead girl.
I can also relate to this situation because i experienced something rather similar (my boyfriend unexpectedly losing an ex-girlfriend who had been his first love).

And to those blaming Nanami for trying to get the truth out of Yano - Nanami realized that there was no growth to be gained between her and Yano while he still could not come to terms with his feelings surrounding Nana's death.

Yes he's trying to move on, but he was not ready to do so. Their relationship is too influenced by his past. In his current state, he is only a burden to Nanami, as he can't offer her trust or honesty.
Nanami deserves to be in an equal partnership.
persephone1Jun 23, 2021 12:09 AM
Oct 6, 2022 4:26 PM
Oct 2022
wow and the the breakup finally happens!!! WOOHOOO!!! it’s been a while since i hated both of the main characters from an anime jesus christ. somehow i still want to watch though. eventually i feel they’re gonna get back together but i’m hoping to the gods that takeuchi will get his shot and they’ll end up as the main couple cause nana and yano are so toxic for eachother

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 11 Discussion

28 by poobular »»
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.