Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2013 7:55 AM

Oct 2009
I love how realistic this is.
Jan 27, 2013 5:23 AM

Jan 2012
I got trolled at the beginning.
Mar 31, 2013 11:11 PM
Oct 2012
Before I start, I would like to apologize if a) you hate people who rant (and in large detail) and b) if you like this show, but this is really disturbing me, and this is my first time posting on the forums, so excuse me for my inability to condense what I say.

Am I the only one that is disturbed by this show? First, in episode three we have the guy having sex in middle school, which to me is far too young. Now, we have the main characters committing(or at least trying to) this act in they're first year of high school, again still too young.

No, I'm not religious, and never intend to be, so I'm not speaking from that stand point. I've also never had a girlfriend, so maybe my lack of "experience" prevents me from understanding this. Still, from what I do understand of romance, sex is the ultimate form of it (fucking is different) and is something that mature adults should heavily consider if their relationship is that advanced.

I actually can't finish Kare Kano for this reason. I keep trying to since I have invested 18 episodes already, but just can't fathom why they had sex. There wasn't even any build up to it, just one moment its raining outside, next they're laying in bed together.

I do like romance shows. Take Kimi ni Todoke for example, i cried so many times, especially each time she smiled with the pink background, I was so happy, and I don't cry ever. Also, I wouldn't mind it if the characters "made love" at the end of a show, since as I said it's the ultimate form of romance, since at the end of a show their relationship is hopefully fully developed (who wants it to end in the middle of the story?). I would like to understand why these two creators (I checked) both included sex prematurely into their creations.

If you have serious responses, I would love to hear them.
Apr 20, 2013 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
Lovos68 said:
Before I start, I would like to apologize if a) you hate people who rant (and in large detail) and b) if you like this show, but this is really disturbing me, and this is my first time posting on the forums, so excuse me for my inability to condense what I say.

Am I the only one that is disturbed by this show? First, in episode three we have the guy having sex in middle school, which to me is far too young. Now, we have the main characters committing(or at least trying to) this act in they're first year of high school, again still too young.

No, I'm not religious, and never intend to be, so I'm not speaking from that stand point. I've also never had a girlfriend, so maybe my lack of "experience" prevents me from understanding this. Still, from what I do understand of romance, sex is the ultimate form of it (fucking is different) and is something that mature adults should heavily consider if their relationship is that advanced.

I actually can't finish Kare Kano for this reason. I keep trying to since I have invested 18 episodes already, but just can't fathom why they had sex. There wasn't even any build up to it, just one moment its raining outside, next they're laying in bed together.

I do like romance shows. Take Kimi ni Todoke for example, i cried so many times, especially each time she smiled with the pink background, I was so happy, and I don't cry ever. Also, I wouldn't mind it if the characters "made love" at the end of a show, since as I said it's the ultimate form of romance, since at the end of a show their relationship is hopefully fully developed (who wants it to end in the middle of the story?). I would like to understand why these two creators (I checked) both included sex prematurely into their creations.

First of all, I like Kimi ni Todoke a lot too, but that anime is not representative of a normal relationship. NO ONE is that dense, it's not possible. The moment with Pin telling Kazehaya on the beach, "Does this look like a girl who understands things?!", pretty much sums up the anime lol. This anime to date is more representative of how normal people would react to their desires and curiosity, imo.

Back to this show. There is nothing disturbing about kids having these thoughts, what's disturbing is pretending like kids don't have these thoughts. They get swept up, they're kids. It happens. The best way to learn in life is trial and error unfortunately, but sometimes it works out sooner than later.

Again, Kimi Ni Todoke was cute as all hell, but it was too cute for reality, just a bit. The things happening in this show are more realistic.

P.S. If nothing happened when they were in bed, why was she acting like she was in pain? What was that about? Help please!
Dec 10, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2012
next on the final episode of schooldays XD. and i really feel for them when i was 16 or 17 something similar happened the difference was that her little brother walked in and we started to talk about the weather outside lol.

now back to the episode. to think i actually thought this was for little kids at the beginning but i got to say it keep surprising me how there is no real change between the episodes that it stays interesting and that it is really realistic.

i really feel like something really bad is about to happen like in schooldays now i might be one of the only ones that didn't dislike schooldays but even i don't hope something like that will happen again cause i torn my chest apart. like what the hell is going on have been thinking about it for weeks after that just because i really didn't see that ending coming it caught me off guard.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Dec 26, 2013 9:14 PM

May 2011
sht was so close
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 6, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
Glad they didn't do it. And I'm sad that she stole the photo. It wasn't even something so special. She could have it because of her sister.
Jul 11, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2012
He didnt even get the head in... Such horrible timing.
Aug 14, 2014 7:09 AM

Dec 2012
"Just pretend you're at the beach." That whole scene had me roaring, it was so hilarious yet so cute how Nanami and Yano tried to handle that awkward situation. I'm relieved that nothing happened though because as Nanami said it should be a special moment between them when they're both completely ready. Oh and that would have been an awful way to lose her virginity being chased out 10 seconds later. It was also so adorable when Nanami started talking about places she wanted to go for when they made love and Yano is falling deeper into despair thinking about how much it'll cost.

I don't think it's unusual for Nanami to be suspicious of Yamamoto. I mean doesn't Yamamoto have pictures of her and her sis? Why was keeping one that happened to have Yano in it if she resents him so much? Of course we know why but to Nanami that isn't quite clear.
Sep 1, 2014 8:08 AM

Nov 2013
Lovos68 said:

Honestly, this show is just taking a realistic stance on things. Teenagers have sex. It's pretty common. Apparently even in an outwardly prudish country like Japan, sex is very common. Notice that Nana's two friends were both pressuring her to give it up? That shit happens in real life too. Most teenagers are familiar with sex. Most teenagers want sex.

I knew plenty of people that had sex at age 13-15. Did I think they were very smart? No. Did they know what they were doing? Fuck no. Did it happen? Absolutely. So Yano's sexual escapades in middle school are totally feasible. If there's one thing that 13-15 year old boys think about more than anything it's sex. To put blinders on and pretend it doesn't happen is just a naive way of looking at the world.

That said, 1st year high school students in Japan are 15-16. I don't think it's unreasonable at all for our two main characters to be having sex. Even better is the portrayal of Nana's thoughts and actions over the course of the last couple episodes. Everything from the cheesy dialogue right down to Mom coming home at the exact wrong moment is textbook material out of the virgin handbook. If you've ever been being "intimate" with your significant other and heard the creak of the door downstairs, you understand that scene completely.

The only thing I think is a little silly is the rapid escalation of it all. I guess some couples just jump right into bed, but my experience has been that young relationships are usually characterized by a slow escalation of things (1st, 2nd, 3rd base sort of stuff). This isn't an ecchi show though, so I don't think that kind of thing is going to be shown for time/plot reasons.

As far as being "disturbing," I didn't have any problems with it. I experienced something very similar with my high school sweetheart. We were nervous and silly, but we loved each other very much I don't regret it for a second. It was an amazing experience and I look back on it very fondly. If anything, our relationship grew stronger because of the intimate time we spent together. I wouldn't trade those precious moments back for anything in life. *Sigh* I wish I wasn't such a romantic, the nostalgia is too strong...
Sep 14, 2014 2:24 AM

Nov 2012
abandoned2014 said:
LOL No penetration...WOW I busted out laughing

Ahahaha! Not only that, She was in pain before he even 'entered' her.

But lets face it, she was just really insecure and she just really loves him. Probably in the moment too.
Jul 16, 2015 11:52 PM

Nov 2014
That was just as awkward as it was in the manga xD
Nana sure gets upset over the littlest things...
Apr 13, 2016 2:41 AM

Mar 2016
Deskachan said:
Glad they didn't do it. And I'm sad that she stole the photo. It wasn't even something so special. She could have it because of her sister.

I'm glad they didn't either especially since she wasn't even 100% sure she even wanted to.

Eh I don't really like all this constant drama with Yamamoto though...
Jan 18, 2017 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. This didn't shy away from sex. But, there needed to be more build up and foreplay. Of course it's going to be so painful trying to rush like that. Also, more importantly no talk about safe sex. It must be pretty hard for a first year student in Japan to get access to condoms.

Better it didn't happen at that time. I have a feeling lots of drama will get in the way of an opportunity like that coming up again.
Dec 30, 2017 4:59 AM
Sep 2017
I don't know what to say...but poor you, Yano.
Feb 5, 2018 7:03 AM

Mar 2012
So basically the story is about an insecure and jealous girl x horny guy. Was thinking of dropping it but the preview made me a bit curious so most probably will stick around for another episode or two.
Sep 26, 2019 11:55 PM
Feb 2019
im so glad they didnt go through with it, she has no idea he is still keeping things from her!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 11 Discussion

28 by poobular »»
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.