Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2017 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Goku and the ancestor group story. He tries to befriend a mysteriously looking guy.

Ura-sai is too funny as usual.

Edit: Oh, it's from the first season? I should have watched everything before then (when I have time). I've been skipping through all season (watching few eps. per season).
tsubasaloverAug 2, 2017 8:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 26, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
We already see this scene in the first season and the ova.
Jul 26, 2017 8:48 PM

Nov 2010
Basically it is a shorter version of the ova and the "500 years ago" part of gensomaden saiyuki but with new and better animation. To be honest i like dark-haired Nataku more than blonde.
Jul 27, 2017 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
I wonder is this filler episode even necessary to make it when we already have the Saiyuki OVA and filler in Season 1? To the new fans know about their characters???
Jul 27, 2017 3:42 AM

Mar 2017
It was a good thing that they introduced Nataku using Gaiden, because if he appears suddenly new fans won't understand who he is nor his relation with Goku. This episode is well animated, better than that of Gensomaden. Ah! Urasai was so funny.
Jul 27, 2017 7:55 AM

Dec 2015
@sefferia_ellis
"New/better animation"? Are the OAVs looking that bad? (because the current TV series looks as subpar for its time period as the previous ones)
So it wasn't simply a play with lights in the opening. I still don't understand the change, his hairs are dark in the manga. o_O
Jul 27, 2017 12:19 PM

Nov 2010
Rei366 said:
@sefferia_ellis
"New/better animation"? Are the OAVs looking that bad? (because the current TV series looks as subpar for its time period as the previous ones)
So it wasn't simply a play with lights in the opening. I still don't understand the change, his hairs are dark in the manga. o_O
I don't mean that the ova look bad but I did mean it look better than the gensomaden. For the ova, whether it is subpar animation or not , it still new one. I probably should add "respectively' word at the end of my sentence. Sorry about my bad english.

I agree that i also don't understand why they change Nataku's hair color and I still feel like he look better with dark-haired color.
sefferia_ellisJul 27, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 27, 2017 1:25 PM
Mar 2016
Man, they just took something from the OVA, and just made a rerun.
Jul 27, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2008
I really like the build-up of this episode!
especially on how Goku increasingly made friends with the strong ones!
5/5.

Jul 28, 2017 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
Rei366 said:

Actually, looking at the official art of Nataku, this hair color is his "right" hair color. In the manga it just just simply be drawn with lots of lines, making it appear he have dark hair. But he do have some ash blonde hair. Personally, I like this blondish hair better. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Besides this episode basically being a quick recap of Gaiden, I think it is good for people that haven't seen the other animes or read the manga. It gives SOME insight to what is going on and who Nataku is. Also, as an ancient Saiyuki fan, I can never get enough of Gaiden and all the FEELS. I also always love a chance to have more Kanzeon Bosatsu, ze is aaaaawesome!
Jul 29, 2017 11:54 AM

Mar 2009
sefferia_ellis said:
Basically it is a shorter version of the ova and the "500 years ago" part of gensomaden saiyuki but with new and better animation. To be honest i like dark-haired Nataku more than blonde.

He's better looking with black hair. Why'd they change it? Its seriously annoying to look at him as a blond (I'm a blond, nothing against them, its just he looks creepy and washed out with blond hair).
I have been wondering since they originally changed his hair color years ago, why they did it. He's just really creepy looking!
Jul 29, 2017 12:00 PM

Mar 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I wonder is this filler episode even necessary to make it when we already have the Saiyuki OVA and filler in Season 1? To the new fans know about their characters???

Its just an annoying waste of time. They should put a notice on screen: "for back story, see ova" or have auntie whats-her face just take 2 minutes to tell us "all hell broke lose in heven 500 years ago", and order that someone go figure it all out (if not doing so, herself) and save the air time in this series for moving it along properly. They better finish this crap next episode.
Jul 29, 2017 8:50 PM
Aug 2011
That was straight up Saiyuki Gaiden... really no reason to have this adapted once again.
It seems that the next ep. (maybe even the next 2) will adapt the rest.
Jul 30, 2017 12:41 AM

Jul 2016
windeen-windy said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Its just an annoying waste of time. They should put a notice on screen: "for back story, see ova" or have auntie whats-her face just take 2 minutes to tell us "all hell broke lose in heven 500 years ago", and order that someone go figure it all out (if not doing so, herself) and save the air time in this series for moving it along properly. They better finish this crap next episode.

Totally agree with you, but it can't be help since maybe they have to make at least 3 more filler episodes for this show due to how slow the manga is.
Jul 30, 2017 2:03 AM

Nov 2010
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
windeen-windy said:

Totally agree with you, but it can't be help since maybe they have to make at least 3 more filler episodes for this show due to how slow the manga is.

It's expected to be some filler episodes considering the manga only have few chapters but to be honest, I really surprised they included the recap of gaiden here and 2 episodes only for that too(hopefully not more than that). I prefer if they put a little bit of Saiyuki Ibun more than this one. just my two cents.
Aug 1, 2017 6:12 AM

Feb 2011
stand said:
That was straight up Saiyuki Gaiden... really no reason to have this adapted once again.
It seems that the next ep. (maybe even the next 2) will adapt the rest.

I don't think animating the gaiden again is a waste. They skip a really important scene in the ova & just showed it as a flash back. A scene that was never animated before. Ova was rushed, especially the first episode .
Aug 2, 2017 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
shaking cameras everywhere

surely the internet has already made memes out of shaking cameras. question is, where can I find them
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 14, 2017 7:06 PM

Dec 2007
I feel like I'm enjoying this series much more than I have ever before. The older installments were mostly trash.
Aug 30, 2017 11:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool episode, where we can enjoy how this group met!!!
The young blood, Nataku, will die or will be tranformed in their worst enemy?
May 14, 2018 8:27 AM

Feb 2013
They are making the same flashback again?
It's dangerous to wash his hair, real dangerous.
May 25, 2018 7:33 AM

Dec 2015
Already seen, and with better pictures.

3/5

Ulquiorra said:
They are making the same flashback again?
It's dangerous to wash his hair, real dangerous.

Gaiden was adapted here again because:
- it was only partially adapted and it was altered to fit Homura's backstory in it during the second TV series.
- it was "better" adapted in the dedicated OAVs but there were still a few missing things
- ultimately, and more imoprtantly, they really needed something else than the Reload Blast manga (only a few chapters long right now) to hold on those twelve weeks of broadcast

More topics from this board

» Can i watch this without watching the previous shows?

Who-eveR - May 17, 2017

30 by SofiaBulga »»
Sep 21, 2019 6:25 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 8 Discussion

Whoahoho - Aug 23, 2017

10 by Strukla »»
Apr 16, 2019 8:25 PM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 20, 2017

22 by Orochimaru9 »»
Oct 25, 2018 12:06 PM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 11 Discussion

Wazefock - Sep 13, 2017

7 by Ulquiorra »»
May 15, 2018 2:31 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2017

8 by Ulquiorra »»
May 14, 2018 1:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.