Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 5, 2017 1:45 PM

May 2016
so aoyama will somewhat joining the national team?

I got Sakamoto desu ga vibe from the cover alone.
Jul 5, 2017 9:41 PM

Aug 2011
Felt more like a second episode than a first lol, but I guess I enjoyed it. I hope they go a little deeper into why Aoyama is such a germophobe, because I can see this getting old and boring very fast. Maybe the coach knows more than she's letting on, let's hope so anyway.

The animation looked more like a fan project than your average anime. It is definitely pretty, but some of the animation is extremely jerky at times.

Hopefully we get more moments between the fangirl and Aoyama lol, the fact she was trying to file the key to fit the lock is amazing.

Jul 6, 2017 10:50 AM
May 2015
After i watched ep, i said one thing: Problem of genre. I mean its not comedy at all, not sport and not slice of life for first ep. There is no amazing characters too. In the end: no sense.
But animation and action is good. We have a bad story and good studio..:(
Jul 6, 2017 11:16 AM

Jun 2008
Don't know what i feel about this yet. I worry that Aoyama's cleanliness will be his only character trait.
Jul 6, 2017 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
Nice ending done in the style of first football anime, Akakichi no Eleven

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 6, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
I hope it gets some depth...if it becomes something like listless Tanaka san character than I'll probaby enjoy it more.

One question though, is that school a rich school?...to have those spray but toilets...
Jul 6, 2017 5:00 PM
Mar 2016
The first episode was trying to recreate the vibe of Sakamoto desu ga? and I would say it wasn't really good try.They forced some sort of drama to copy the ability of Sakamoto being funny and in the same time serious.I had good expectations but now I feel that this may not be good.
Jul 6, 2017 5:09 PM
Apr 2014
Takishima_Eli said:

One question though, is that school a rich school?...to have those spray but toilets...

They are fairly common in Japan, and most newer schools will probably have them. At my university the older buildings would usually have "normal" toilets while the newer buildings would have those electric ones.
Jul 6, 2017 5:22 PM

Mar 2016
Kuroko no Basket (but soccer) mixed with Levi from AOT on super clean mode! It sounded like an interesting anime and it was just meh in the first episode. Mildly entertaining but not the best comedy or sports anime so we'll see where it goes and how much they can do with this gimmick before it becomes stale and boring.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 6, 2017 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
This was the only anime that really caught my eye and I must say it didn't disappoint! It was entertaining from beginning to end and the characters were likeable. The art was nice to look at with decent animation. And of course the voice acting was well done. I really hope the show continues with this quality I haven't liked a comedy anime in so damn long.

Also I'm not sure why people are comparing Aoyama to Tanaka? Is it because they look similar? Tanaka is a lazy dude who has a perpetual glaze in his eyes and probably has atrophy from how little does in the manga/anime. Aoyama is a serious star soccer player who literally can't stop cleaning, he's constantly sharp and active. I feel like they're actually quite opposite?
Jul 8, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2016
If Captain Levi and Sakamoto had a lovechild into soccer... that is Aoyama-kun.

Interesting start. The switch from seriousness to a gag seems a bit jarring, but it is a comedy series after all, the ED being a parody of Captain Tsubasa... or a classic football anime, I believe.
I'll keep watching to see how it goes.
Jul 8, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
i want to see for once a football anime with actual understanding of the players' positions , only giant killing was able to do that , i hope this gets better at least
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 9, 2017 6:21 PM

Oct 2015
As a certified germaphobe I found this to be disappointing and unrealistic. Not to mention this is pretty much just Tanaka and Sakamoto (neither of which I cared for) put together with a side of Levi. The soccer was boring too.

"Dropped"
Jul 9, 2017 9:16 PM

Apr 2012
I loved this, it was very funny, reminds me of Sakamoto Kun. Also, that old school ending lol
Jul 11, 2017 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
Has a few moments but overall, didn't have much going for it. At least nothing of interest to me. Probably not the right choice of words but I want to say it felt a bit lifeless, which is a huge no for a sports show. Probably won't bother to continue.

Tabbing away several times on the first episode probably isn't a good sign either.
Jul 13, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2015
Is no one going to mention the stalker girl who was making her own key to the clubroom. Hilarious
Jul 14, 2017 6:18 PM

Oct 2016
I love the first episode~ it's just too funny and silly to watch XD

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jul 24, 2017 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
I wasn't too sold on the premise, but I'm glad I watched. Kind of has a Sakamoto feel to it.
Sep 3, 2017 2:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
fun? sorry, but this first episode was boring!!!
a boy play soccer but a "big problem" he is germophobic... and other characters were a littel ridicolous... the animation style poor...
sorry, but i don´t like this first episode....
Sep 4, 2017 9:02 PM

Dec 2016
Zaizen:"I don't think I'm ever going to like him." DO YOU NOT KNOW WUT ANIME UR IN FAM!? A SPORTS ONE, THEREFORE, AT SOME POINT, YOU'RE GONNA GET A LONG AND LEARN TO PLAY TOGETHER AND BECOME FRIENDS! EXAMPLE A, THE END OF THIS EPISODE. GET UR HED OUT OF UR ASS BRO
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 5, 2017 9:28 PM

May 2013
This first ep seemed really interesting and sometimes it was funny but then I got bored reals quick which is a shame bc the idea of it is really unique :0 Maybe it'll redeem itself soon idk.
Sep 6, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2014
ZetaZaku said:
There are also bit from the OP of a baseball anime Kyojin no Hoshi :D

LemonSep 6, 2017 5:33 PM
Sep 6, 2017 11:18 PM

Feb 2008
Lemon said:
ZetaZaku said:
There are also bit from the OP of a baseball anime Kyojin no Hoshi :D

Yeah, Gotou was like Hoshi's sister lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 1, 2017 4:34 PM

May 2017
Aoyama reminds me of someone autistic or at least with asperger's syndrome.
Apr 6, 2018 10:49 AM

Jan 2016
Mixed views on the first episode. It was pretty silly, and I did laugh a couple of times.

What I don't like is... the characters seem to be very flat and have well-defined roles. And it was very MC-centric from beginning to finish.

Should have been obvious from the title. Hoping to see improvements though.
Aug 8, 2018 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
I quite liked it. The art style is super fresh and the plays are interesting for a more comedy-focused anime. Will definitely be binging this.
Aug 21, 2018 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
This first episode looks like the first episodes of Kuroko no Basuke.

At first the strong-into-sport-dude (Kagami-Zaizen) who see that the monotone-dude (Kuroko-Aoyama) can do nothing with the sport.

Then the first old "friend" (Kise-Takechi) looking for him to join his team.

And the monotone dude making a power up of "secret" skills and surprised his teammates.

The last one don't appear on the same order but it's still the same schema.

It's pretty funny. ^^
Nov 4, 2019 4:14 PM

Sep 2018
I like the animation.
The MC reminds me of Levi haha I love the chibi version ❤
Jan 5, 2020 6:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it's Sakamoto desu ga but with football...
Mar 22, 2020 2:19 AM

Aug 2018
Damn their coach is a cutie and that loli is cute also. I really love the animation its so good and detailed one of the best ive seen.

Lastly the soccer match was great also the mc is a clean freak but hes playing soccer one of the sports that will get you dirty a lot xD

Im liking this so far..
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 31, 2020 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
JOELbedulla said:
Kerozinn said:
Aoyoma reminds me on Tanaka-kun

I thought the same. He is like a mix of Tanaka and Sakamoto (from Sakamoto desu ga?)
Am I the only one that thinks Aoyama-kun has OCD? Has anybody heard of this mental illness? Being germaphobe is basically having OCD, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll just continue watching this for the bromance parts

old comment but i'll reply anyway-- doesn't look like anyone replied to you either.

germaphobia/mysophobia is not the same as OCD. though they may go hand in hand on some occasions, they are two different conditions. OCD has a lot of layers and different symptoms and issues. germaphobia is a fear of germs, for fear of getting sick, contaminated, or dirty; it is a phobia. OCD is obsessive-compulsive disorder, and like in its name, is a disorder. there's one facet of OCD that may be taken like having germaphobia, the compulsion to wash hands over and over, and cleaning the environment over and over. however, as a compulsion, they will continuously wash or clean even if the hands or object is already clean. the reason for doing it is sometimes different things, like the thought that if they are contaminated and touch people with the contamination, something bad (other than getting sick, or not just getting sick) will happen to them. that's just one example/reason.

i'm not a psychologist or am in anything related to that field, so don't think i am. i did do extensive research into OCD, having wondered if i had it, for a long period of time during college. a few years ago, i'd edited an autobiographical book by someone who had it. feel free to look up or research on your own if anyone ever wants to.
StariaMar 31, 2020 8:59 PM
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." -Mark Twain
Apr 1, 2020 4:24 AM
Sep 2015
Staria said:
JOELbedulla said:

I thought the same. He is like a mix of Tanaka and Sakamoto (from Sakamoto desu ga?)
Am I the only one that thinks Aoyama-kun has OCD? Has anybody heard of this mental illness? Being germaphobe is basically having OCD, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll just continue watching this for the bromance parts

old comment but i'll reply anyway-- doesn't look like anyone replied to you either.

germaphobia/mysophobia is not the same as OCD. though they may go hand in hand on some occasions, they are two different conditions. OCD has a lot of layers and different symptoms and issues. germaphobia is a fear of germs, for fear of getting sick, contaminated, or dirty; it is a phobia. OCD is obsessive-compulsive disorder, and like in its name, is a disorder. there's one facet of OCD that may be taken like having germaphobia, the compulsion to wash hands over and over, and cleaning the environment over and over. however, as a compulsion, they will continuously wash or clean even if the hands or object is already clean. the reason for doing it is sometimes different things, like the thought that if they are contaminated and touch people with the contamination, something bad (other than getting sick, or not just getting sick) will happen to them. that's just one example/reason.

i'm not a psychologist or am in anything related to that field, so don't think i am. i did do extensive research into OCD, having wondered if i had it, for a long period of time during college. a few years ago, i'd edited an autobiographical book by someone who had it. feel free to look up or research on your own if anyone ever wants to.

Thank you, I appreciate the information!
I thought I had OCD too because I brushed my hair by counting x times or cleaned the floor 11 times (no more, no less). I also have a lot of intrusive thoughts... but yeah, I can't say for sure if I have it without consulting with a psychologist.

On another note, you're watching this now during the quarantine? I don't know if you chose the best or the worst anime for the occasion lol 😂
Apr 1, 2020 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
JOELbedulla said:
Staria said:

Thank you, I appreciate the information!
I thought I had OCD too because I brushed my hair by counting x times or cleaned the floor 11 times (no more, no less). I also have a lot of intrusive thoughts... but yeah, I can't say for sure if I have it without consulting with a psychologist.

On another note, you're watching this now during the quarantine? I don't know if you chose the best or the worst anime for the occasion lol 😂

ahh that definitely sounds likes a compulsion. in my research in uni, i heard a few times that everyone has compulsions. for OCD, a disorder is usually classified a disorder for being debilitating- as in it makes living very, very difficult, whereas the average person may live without too much trouble (e.g. getting dressed, brushing their hair, making breakfast, going to work on time, etc.) and i also heard people have their own "tics" like with Tourette's syndrome, though they're not serious enough to have that condition. i remember when i was a child i would feel forced to turn light switches on/off a certain way, touch certain parts of the switch, or not step on cracks in the sidewalk (otherwise they don't feel right). anyways, you're right; many people say you can't diagnose yourself, that you should have a psychiatrist or doctor diagnose you.

lolol that is coincidental, true. i was looking into some sites and stumbled upon comments on Crunchyroll recommending this anime, so i looked it up, and it piqued my interest since i'm a germaphobe myself. so def had to check it out. lol i'm just weird 'cause i don't fear germs/contamination/dirtiness for fear of getting sick; i don't really mind getting sick. i just fear getting or being dirty, regardless of reason- def got it from my grandma, who's also germaphobic. and it's not as severe as Aoyama or some germaphobes, but i hated how it controlled my life, so i wanted to know if it was OCD, which seemed unlikely. at any rate, finding an anime that's relatable to me? of c im down. i'm still working almost like normal, so im watching this regardless of quarantine.

did you find out how severe your compulsions are or if they're accompanied by intrusive thoughts? compulsions in OCD usually carry obsessions with it, like recurring intrusive or unwanted thoughts, ideas, or sensations. and again, the disorder would often be debilitating in a way that rules their lives. kinda like germaphobes/mysophobes being ruled by their germaphobia. back on the topic of anime, any other anime on your belt during this time?
StariaApr 1, 2020 7:03 PM
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." -Mark Twain
Jun 26, 2020 11:27 PM
Mar 2020
I don't think this was actually too bad. It's a cute first episode, the art style is adorable.
CjsharpJun 26, 2020 11:31 PM
Nov 17, 2020 2:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang if the immense fun I was having while watching this first episode wasn't enough to reel me into this show, aoyama's reason at the end for choosing the school was hook line and sinker for me

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 8, 2021 6:46 AM

Dec 2020
its.. Eh. a light hearted show, sometimes makes me smile and gets me into a :) vibe but when it doesn't it so boring. aoyama hella pretty tho id stay just for him
Oct 27, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
Sports anime’s aren’t my thing, but the concept is pretty good.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 10, 12:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was feeling a sports anime since it’s been a while since I last watched one, pretty sure the last one I watched was Gurazeni back in spring last year unless you count Uma Musume Season 3 in the fall lol, but this is one that I saw on crunch recommendations at one point so I decided to give it a try, and I gotta say I liked this quite a bit. I definitely get “Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto” vibes from this which pleases me because that show is very specifically Sakamoto, so of course I’m happy to find another show kinda like it. And the mix of a character being a soccer player and also a “clean freak” is a unique combo which is actually pretty fun.

And the soccer aspect of this isn’t bad so far, it could definitely look better but I think it looks good enough, I will say tho I do think the chibi scenes are a bit overused but I can live with it. I like the cast so far besides just Aoyama as well, Takechi in this episode was pretty goofy with the whole six pack thing, as well as Zaizen who had a nice character arc where he grew to like Aoyama after hating him initially, I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what the other characters are about, and Aoyama’s secret admirer seems interesting as well. The OP and ED were good as well, the ED visuals were definitely a reference to something but I’m not sure what exactly lol. And lastly it’s nice watching another show from Summer 2017, last show I watched from this time was “Vatican Miracle Examiners” back in December and it was a good time, and it’s always fun checking out shows that came out right before I got back into anime in 2018, hopefully this is a good one too!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I want spoilers

TEMPEST_1 - Apr 19

5 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 19, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

81 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 24, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

32 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 24, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2017

48 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 20, 8:04 PM

» Honest Opinion about the anime

FiddlePie - Jul 17, 2023

5 by Pekyo »»
Jul 19, 2023 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.