Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 20, 2017 11:06 PM

Sep 2011
Tony_SansNom said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Bro, quit talking to that pile of straw. I'm over here.

A pile of straw eh? Well, whatever...

Oh, do I need to explain it? You were strawmanning pretty hard bruh.
Jun 21, 2017 1:30 AM
Jan 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I'm saying Sota's line of thought is stupid. Thinking you can just swoop in and say some nice words to the meanie pants online will solve all of your friend's problems is extremely narcissistic.

Yep, it's stupid, but also realistic.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/supporting-survivors-of-suicide-loss
[...] But survivors of suicide loss experience additional challenges, such as shame (which is reinforced by societal stigma about suicide), guilt over being unable to prevent the death, and a preoccupation with understanding why the death occurred.

Though to be fair, suicide is a little more tolerated in Japan than the US, so Souta's behavior may be exaggerated for the Japanese; this is kinda ironic since the people calling this whole thing "edgy" are likely form cultures where this behavior would actually be more understandable.
MysteriousBananaJun 21, 2017 1:45 AM
Jun 21, 2017 2:00 AM

Sep 2011
MysteriousBanana said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I'm saying Sota's line of thought is stupid. Thinking you can just swoop in and say some nice words to the meanie pants online will solve all of your friend's problems is extremely narcissistic.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/supporting-survivors-of-suicide-loss
[...] But survivors of suicide loss experience additional challenges, such as shame (which is reinforced by societal stigma about suicide), guilt over being unable to prevent the death, and a preoccupation with understanding why the death occurred.

Though to be fair, suicide is a little more tolerated in Japan than the US, so Souta's behavior may be exaggerated for the Japanese; this is kinda ironic since the people calling this whole thing "edgy" are likely form cultures where this behavior would actually be more understandable.

Okay, let me make this clearer. I do not think the writing is stupid (okay, for Sota it's a little stupid). I think the characters are behaving stupidly which is fine as long it goes somewhere
Jun 21, 2017 2:25 AM
Jan 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
MysteriousBanana said:

Okay, let me make this clearer. I do not think the writing is stupid (okay, for Sota it's a little stupid). I think the characters are behaving stupidly which is fine as long it goes somewhere

Yeah, sorry, I kinda suspected that was your point, but wanted to reply in a way that (hopefully) wouldn't come across as accusatory.

That aside, I think Sota's development mirrors the characters of the old 80s~90s isekai stories, where they start off flawed, develop a spine, then have to bid farewell to their friends at the end when they return to Earth.
Jun 21, 2017 2:33 AM
Jul 2014
Ep 12 preview up.

Seems like Ep 12 spoilers were spot on.
Jun 21, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2015
firemagnet said:
Ep 12 preview up.

Are they releasing the trailer even though the anime is going on break, or is it still going to air?

And yep, spoilers were spot on. Didn't really doubt them though. :)

Jun 21, 2017 1:02 PM
Jul 2014
PeacefulWard said:
firemagnet said:
Ep 12 preview up.

Are they releasing the trailer even though the anime is going on break, or is it still going to air?

And yep, spoilers were spot on. Didn't really doubt them though. :)

It's still airing. They have no break.
Jun 21, 2017 1:49 PM
Jan 2017
firemagnet said:
Ep 12 preview up.

Ass, ass, ass, ass and a little more ass.
Jun 23, 2017 12:59 AM

Oct 2008
So that's what happened between Souta & Setsuna...plagiarism huh...pretty predictable.
4/5.

Jun 23, 2017 4:31 AM
Jan 2017
matias067 said:
So that's what happened between Souta & Setsuna...plagiarism huh...pretty predictable.
4/5.

You could predict it since episode 5 actually. The webpages Souta saw got translated somewhere
Jun 24, 2017 3:49 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty bad episode with more bad dialog saying very little of value.

Normally a "date" like that... they would try to make it a bit more romantic and such... but not in this anime... just empty because it was done poorly.

I'm only watching this because the action is fun and Altair is a cool character (doesn't hurt that she's trying to destroy the world either). Sota = worthless character and the anime would be better without him.
Jun 25, 2017 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
Re:C is slowly going forward. Sure, there is a lot of talking and chatting in the show but some people enjoy it. There's no single proper way of delivering a story in an anime to everyone.
I wonder what TROYCA is cooking for us. At least for me, this original series is interesting enough. It is far from perfect but still enjoyable. That's why I am looking fordward to watch the rest.
It would be awesome if I could honestly give a score 8 out of 10 in the end.
Graphics, animation, voice acting, sounds, music, scriptwriting and story are all not bad at all. Scriptwriting is worst among them unfortunately. I am aware it probably won't change for the better. Show's premise is the best but TROYCA (Ei Aoki?) delivers far from the best possible product. It could be done rather differently with more vigor and plot.
The characters are of course designed using templates but it doesn't automatically make the show bad. Everyone who's taken from fictious worlds is different and reminds of someone we saw in the past. I dislike however comparing those characters to older, more familiar ones (like i.e. Alicetelia February to Saber), when there can be more differences than similarities.
Re:Creators is in some way a caricature of today's Japan. Casual otakus and real japanese creators (illustrators, manga and doujinshi writers) should be the ones interested in this show most. It (as of ep11) has shown problema that many artists have to deal with (envy, accusations, plagiarism, ostracism).
I've got a feeling, Souta's going to get more important, in relation to Altair. It looks like she's quite powerful and it would be best to talk things out peacefully (for the characters, not for viewers of course). Maybe someone can persuade her.
Also, it may be somehow possible to bring the mahou shoujo back. She could aid our heroes. It may be done by introducing Mamika coming to a different, parallel world, so she could materialize in ours, similar to what happened with Selesia (it didn't last though). Or not. I don't know. It might be too difficult.
Maybe it is already explained in ep12 but I would like to know how, why and what are the limits of Himegimi's "cloning" things like giant robots. If not Rui's victory, the "good" ones would be completely screwed short time ago.
If the show keeps it's current pace, by ep15 we should know practically everything. Then we will be watching to see how the conflict ends.
Using creative methods like what was done Upitiria (worked incredibly fast and dissappeared too), it may be possible to cripple the antagonists and power up the "good side" (for example help Yuuya and kill Chikujouin).
Jun 29, 2017 7:32 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, we got some reflections and explanations here. Sota's story is gonna solve this puzzle or part of it. Is interesting to listen to Sota talk about the truth, about Altair origins.
Jul 3, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
Selestia and Meteora are fine! At least some good news.
Damn... what a tragic story :( Poor girl, she was holding all that pressure alone :( And then we have Souta...probably her only friend that remained silent when she needed the most. I don't feel bad for him, i feel bad for the people that suffered the consequences of Souta's stupidity.
Poor girl, but i believe there is more to be revealed.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 6, 2017 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting background, for some reason I thought he was the creator.
Jul 6, 2017 1:40 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The first half of teh episode was doubts, but the second was a surprise with the revelations about the Altaria´s creator!!!!
Jul 8, 2017 3:00 PM

Mar 2010
Bit late to the party, but didn't see anyone else mention this...

Setsuna's suicide was approximately three months before the start of the show... 100% believable, understandable, and acceptable that Souta has not had the time to properly sort out himself yet.
Jul 22, 2017 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
Wtf... they buildup a setting implying Sota directly bullied or responsible for Yuna's suicide and has severe regret........but now he 'just' was a passive 'spectator' when she was flamed.... Sota's chara just became bait and so shallow like a pity whore, with his whole "oh woe is me" boo hoo....Dissappointing reveal.
Jul 28, 2017 1:40 PM
Feb 2016
Sota is pathetic, really can't stand his constant bitching how he's not able to do anything. DO SOMETHING YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF SHIT
Aug 7, 2017 2:24 PM

Jul 2009
Sota got jealous coz his friend got famous, he is not a good boy...
Sep 17, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2015
I have no artistic sensibility, could someone please explain how the Altair looks like she was ripped from the pink haired original character? They don"t even seem to originate from the same "style".
@CodeBlazeFate Big fan, mind telling me. ^^

4/5 I feel personally disgust for this kind of Internet things but the mini jealous friendship story was fine. And I m pretty sure people will find part of it cute.
Sep 17, 2017 3:39 AM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
I have no artistic sensibility, could someone please explain how the Altair looks like she was ripped from the pink haired original character? They don"t even seem to originate from the same "style".
@CodeBlazeFate Big fan, mind telling me. ^^

4/5 I feel personally disgust for this kind of Internet things but the mini jealous friendship story was fine. And I m pretty sure people will find part of it cute.
The character looks similar from a silhouette, so people initially did that as a knee jerk reaction. It's kinda like how people say Kucy from Fairy Tail looks like a Nami ripoff.
Sep 23, 2017 6:09 AM

Jun 2008
Writin posts to defent on the internet would help anything. She could still herself just by seeing the bad comments since she was a fragile person.

What really heard her was the fact that he cut her out of his life. She was a person that needed someone to talk to and the only friend she had like that was him and he stopped talking to her. That made her feel very lonely and rejected after the criticisms because the real problem isn't having problems but not having anyone to talk your problems with.
Feeling all alone with no support in the least.
Him cutting contact with her was what he really did that facilitated her kill herself, not for not defending her in some internet forums.
Nov 26, 2017 8:02 AM
Aug 2015
Arrrg I thought Souta took part in Altairs creation and drew her, but no, he is actually mire useless than I thought lol
But at least he acting reasonable , like an actual person would have
Jan 28, 2018 8:36 PM

Dec 2016
Kanoya's speech was really nice but HOLY SHIT the rest of the episode after that depressing
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 22, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
I actually liked Selesia and her creator's speech, it's like parents-child relationship that every creators must have dreamed of. If and when she returned, I wonder how much different the author will take the story and go on with it. Especially since we know a lot of stuff gets darker in the light novel where her friend died and the other one betrayed on episode 2/3.

Feb 22, 2018 5:51 PM
Jan 2018
DarklordVor said:
I actually liked Selesia and her creator's speech, it's like parents-child relationship that every creators must have dreamed of. If and when she returned, I wonder how much different the author will take the story and go on with it. Especially since we know a lot of stuff gets darker in the light novel where her friend died and the other one betrayed on episode 2/3.

Your on a roll, your in most of 1st page most recent comments.
Feb 28, 2018 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
Sota is a beta both online and in real life, lmao.

Man I really wish Selesia and her creator were the main characters. I just find their interactions amusing.
Mar 7, 2018 3:31 AM

Mar 2015
Wow poor Setsuna.. looks like she was the girl who threw herself in front of the train.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 30, 2018 5:48 PM

May 2012
The truth is out and well that sure was a good backstory, perfectly timed as well in this anime if you ask me! Let's see what's next.
Apr 27, 2018 5:17 PM
Feb 2018
Wow. Setsuna was really really cute!!!
Feb 8, 2019 5:03 PM

Jul 2009
Sota is got to be one of the worst protagonist ever. Seriously. He's even worse than Haruto from Valvrave. It's amazing how Kanoya, which was written to be a whiny and bitchy kid from his world, learned what real life is and the consequences of your actions when he came to the real world. He was able to understood the gravity of each decision and he no longer complains about piloting his Gigas Machina, despite being force to use it. That's why he doesn't complain anymore protecting his world.

He's only there for a few weeks yet this Sota bitch, couldn't even help Shimazaki in her roughest time. Even felt a little bit pleasure when she died. Fucking scum.

Seriously. Definitely the worst protagonist so far. I just with just had more screen time with the Heroes from the fictional world and maybe other Re:Creators. Anyone than this piece of shit.
Mar 3, 2021 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yes that is definitely a rendition of interstellar’s theme. And yes, finally, the backstory I’ve been waiting for. Pretty messed up yo.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 1, 2021 11:01 AM
Aug 2017
Sota is scum. It is normal for humans to get jealous but feeling satisfaction from seeing his own best friend go through such a hard time and just ignore her really pisses me off. He's a fucking bitch
Apr 9, 2023 3:30 PM
Jun 2020
Really boring,a circle of dumb characters running to catch their own tail.
Jul 6, 2023 2:36 PM

Nov 2021
wowwww Souta really is an insecure S.O.B. i hope Yuuya smacks him for being a pu**y 😒

Sep 23, 2023 10:03 PM

Aug 2019
So Souta finally spills the truth about Altair and Shimazaki. Ngl i feel like they left enough bread crumbs throughout the show already that hinted to this link, so i already had a massive hunch on this being the case, but the whole part of him feeling a "satisfaction" seeing her get put down that "made him feel less lonely about being left behind" puzzles me cus it really didn't feel in character for him (not that we get to see a lot of his character anyway) they never really showed him as someone who was bothered about being alone all the time or being left behind, we definitely don't see him as a very sociable person or with any friends, but then again they never showed any of his past and a lot of worries or problems he bottles up and we don't see through monologues. Still, we are never shown him resenting any of these facts really so it felt very surprising.

I think him also outright stating that he "killed Shimazaki" was a bit extreme and probably the WORSE thing he could say with a government official in the same room as him. There seemed to be many factors that led to her death that we saw on screen on maybe offscreen, and from how he worded it he, already seemed to have distanced himself from her before her death, but none the less i guess it can still be considered a factor. I guess it also chalks down to probably a lot of his self loathing about her death that caused him to think he's a main cause for it and never really talking it out with anyone.
Code0018Sep 23, 2023 10:17 PM
Oct 15, 2023 9:18 PM

Nov 2022
I like that the relationship between Selasia and her creator has basically turned into that of a parent and child.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

401 by Selcukyilmaz »»
May 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.