Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2017 5:42 AM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the raw is up...

precure mash-up with coming-of-age drama covered up for about 90 minutes.
the concept is pretty interesting, but the story is moving too fast and the character's introduction is not really well executed, except for the pink.
Jun 5, 2017 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
I forgot that I uploaded it on my facebook account LOL

Kitan~!
Nov 10, 2017 10:37 PM
Jan 2016
Are there any subs yet?
Dec 15, 2017 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
jebaited by this art:

karmashizzleDec 15, 2017 4:28 AM
Dec 16, 2017 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
Movie that for almost the whole time, I do not say that it is a mortal bore, but it never manages to really ignite my attention if not in the final, in which there is the best part. Changes are too fast and there is no time to get attached to the characters and feel empathy for them. Above all they are not even developed in the same way and some remain simple extras just sketched. The graphic part is quite different, very beautiful in the hand drawings and in the CG. If you look at a similar story to Love Live, here you will find only the ballets to entertain you, so watch it if you do not have better things to do, even if something happens in the end that will make you see the film under a different lens.

7/10
Dec 19, 2017 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't expect anything and went it, even then it didn't live up to my expectations. The movie is boring. I feel bad for the seiyu who did this. Why did they even do this. Rita has so much things wrong, I do not even know what is right anymore. Love live had a better story than this. And that thing was shot saving a school with a concert. As mentioned by the one above me. If you don't have anything better to do, watch this, if not delay it till that time comes.
Dec 22, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2013
Well, I personally liked it quite a bit, obviously not as much as Love Live or others, but it was an interesting fast-paced Mahou-Shoujo/Idol/Isekai/Drama movie.

There was a lot in it, and sadly, 90minutes wasn't enough to properly develop side characters, but well, I was still kinda happy when I saw the post-ED that teased a sequel !
Jan 2, 2018 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Oh damn, I was hoping this'll get a follow up sequel and my prayers were answered at the end. Some of the themes looked intriguing to be expanded upon.
Feb 1, 2018 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
bad, bad, plain and utterly bad is how i can describe this lackluster, soulless unimpressive "something". if you want to torture your friends or pray for a stray bullet to hit your head while constantly checking how much playtime is left from this miserable joke of a film while watching it, then by all means be my guest and take the ticket for the worst ride of your life. i doubt even kids would enjoy this.
Feb 2, 2018 4:14 PM

May 2012
For something that should be the 60th anniversary production of animation studio as big and known as Toei Animation, this movie just makes me sad and disappointing.

It was so generic, especially that open ending in the post credits part... really expected something better, but now I know why it has such a low overall score.
RafaelDeJonghFeb 2, 2018 4:30 PM
Feb 14, 2018 9:47 AM

Jun 2013
Well even the story is bad, atleast the CGI scene is much better than Shaft' FIREWORK
Feb 23, 2018 10:20 AM

Jul 2016
[SNSbu]'s BD rip includes an MV. Does anyone know what it is? Is it official? Does it need a mal page etc

Nov 17, 2018 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
For me I enjoyed it but it is for kids.

I'm glad Isumi apologised to her parents especially to Nana for her behavior, she did treat her badly because of she wanted to win so badly in the race, What a brat. I loved the expression Pocon made when Isumi gave him a hug, I see the poppin is catching feelings. Future Saki as a villain was a definite surprise and we also got to see future Isumi a bit who was a beauty by the way.

My favorite was Asahi, I'm glad she didn't give up martial arts for a "ladylike" thing (women can be strong without losing their feminine touch). At the high school welcoming ceremony, It was hilarious how everyone was there including Reno. I guess it begins again.

That preview made me long for a sequel so badly, 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 2, 2019 2:38 AM

Jun 2014
No wonder no one ever talks about this, it's fucking terrible. 1/10
:3
Nov 10, 2019 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
lihle808 said:
For me I enjoyed it but it is for kids.
Couldn't agree more. I also enjoyed it but it's clear it was aimed at kids.

lihle808 said:
That preview made me long for a sequel so badly
So much this!
Why is it not a thing already? Get your sh*t together, Toei!
mozgowDec 4, 2019 3:49 PM
Nov 19, 2019 7:12 AM

Jan 2013
This was like the middle-ground of an american children's movie and an idol anime.
Not really great, but it wasn't shit either.
Dec 29, 2021 4:13 AM

Feb 2020
This was a pleasant surprise. I really liked this movie.

Yes, the story was pretty simple and ordinary, but I don't mind. I liked the characters and their interactions a lot. The animation was also very solid.

Nice job, Toei!

Waiting for the sequel.
Oct 28, 2022 9:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, the sequel vibes were real xD. Too bad they haven't gotten around to it despite the crowdfunding meeting its goal last year. If it's only a matter of time though, that's fine, I guess.

As for the movie in general, it felt like a genuine magical girl story plot with idol elements in it. Can't say it's my fav type but I really do feel that the score on MALL is too low. Ironic when I say it because I think this a solid 6/10 movie but for it to have a weighted score of about the same feels a bit too harsh.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

» No sequel?

TadanoMari - Aug 2, 2020

4 by Atsunome »»
Mar 10, 1:28 AM

» Mixed feelings...

kamil88 - Jun 17, 2016

9 by winddevil1 »»
Feb 25, 2021 4:39 AM

» Pop in Q prequel available from Kadokawa

DreamingBeats - Dec 28, 2016

4 by DreamingBeats »»
Mar 27, 2017 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.