Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2012
Welp, seen it through now. Knew it'd be a shitter at the end but that was still really abrupt.

The films do a better job all round, hope they animate later arcs.
Oct 11, 2014 12:15 AM
Jun 2013
Oh for fuck sakes, it was perfect up into the end -_-

So the whole time Griffith was the Jesus of hell to become the next demon king and all his men were sacrificed to reach his so called 'dream'. Seems real abrupt to me and rushed.

Where the hell was Zodd the immortal. Why was Guts left to live after that. Why was Griffith raping Casca? Why does Griffith look like that if the demon king on ep 1 is red? I'm so mind fucked atm

Story was the best part and the action in my opinion, I really liked Guts. But Guts for the shitty ending

8.5/10.
Oct 15, 2014 10:37 AM
Dec 2012
I wanted to know what happens next after watching the movie Adaption. Weeellll.... I haven't read any manga yet, but I just have to know!
Oct 23, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2014
Man that ending was so empty :(... The show was on a perfect 10 for me, and they decide to flop by ending it incomplete and cliff fucking hanged. This show should of easily had 25 more episodes?

I know grif raped casca, but tbh it seemed like casca was enjoying it...

02/11/17: It is so funny coming back to this comment not knowing a manga existed LOL
GokuFeb 11, 2017 12:17 AM
Nov 27, 2014 4:49 AM

May 2013
Worst anime ending I have ever seen.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Nov 27, 2014 10:17 PM

Nov 2014
Blackouting said:
Welp, seen it through now. Knew it'd be a shitter at the end but that was still really abrupt.

The films do a better job all round, hope they animate later arcs.

i agree with you but almost 16 years have gone by...that sucks
Nov 27, 2014 10:49 PM

May 2014
The manga is STILL ongoing, and nowhere near concluding yet. Even if the anime caught up to the latest volume, you'd still be complaining about the lack of an ending.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 28, 2014 12:50 AM

Jun 2013
BlissX said:
Worst anime ending I have ever seen.

Favorite anime:
Clannad
Mahou Shoujo Madoka
Monogatari

Fucking perfect. It's gonna take my sides awhile to recover from this one. Thank you based internet god for providing me with this moment.
Jan 2, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2011
Its pretty funny seeing so many people think it really ends here at the end of this series hahahha
Jan 3, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2014
Ghostt said:
Its pretty funny seeing so many people think it really ends here at the end of this series hahahha

Tbh a lot of people in the Berserk fandom haven't read the manga. They've omly seen the anime series or movies.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jan 29, 2015 10:08 AM
Feb 2013
I've been putting off entering the Berserk universe for 8 years or something. I have to admit, the anime is the perfect way to get into the whole thing.
Knowing that Griffith will eventually go down that path put a whole different feel throughout the course of the episodes.

As for the ending, by my opinion, it was one of the best endings I have ever had the pleasure of watching, even if the manga didn't exist, it would remain just as great knowing that Guts survived and is still fighting a losing battle yet surviving against all odds. I haven't felt this spectrum of emotions since EoE, anger, despair and confusion. Anything that could evoke such great emotions within a person is a true work of art.
Jan 29, 2015 10:17 AM
Feb 2013
ex_necross said:
Gymkata said:

My thoughts exactly. I just couldn't appreciate the supernatural element to this, despite its integral role from the very beginning. This was like a Urobutcher ending on steroids. They crafted an incredibly human drama out of a hack and slash, then threw in ridiculous looking ghouls and goblins to flush its characters and themes right down the toilet. This should have ended with Griffith laughing, which would have been the perfect final depiction of his selfish, obsessive ambitions and the consequences that come with it. These monsters were nothing more than adolescent shock value.

It's always easy to write something off as "adolescent". One might say it's quite an "adolescent" thing to do ;)

Adolescent is absolutely the worst word you could use to describe any part of Berserk, ESPECIALLY the ending. You deserve some sort of award for that, seriously.

It really makes one cringe when reading through the comments. Considering the whole ideology behind Berserk and that it was ongoing, this was the best ending I could ever imagine. In fact, I cannot think of any other adaptation of a long running manga that did a better job of ending the anime.
Jan 29, 2015 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
Red-Raven811 said:
ex_necross said:

It's always easy to write something off as "adolescent". One might say it's quite an "adolescent" thing to do ;)

Adolescent is absolutely the worst word you could use to describe any part of Berserk, ESPECIALLY the ending. You deserve some sort of award for that, seriously.

It really makes one cringe when reading through the comments. Considering the whole ideology behind Berserk and that it was ongoing, this was the best ending I could ever imagine. In fact, I cannot think of any other adaptation of a long running manga that did a better job of ending the anime.

I mean not everyone has to love the ending, but there are bounds of reason too.
Feb 2, 2015 4:59 AM

Jan 2013
MOST.DISTURBED.ENDING.EVER.

Also, liked more the show without those supernatural things.
Feb 2, 2015 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
pride95 said:

You mean like all the supernatural things in episode 1? The show was never without them..
Feb 2, 2015 3:08 PM
Apr 2012
Blackouting said:

The films do a better job all round.

Nope.
Feb 3, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
ex_necross said:
pride95 said:

You mean like all the supernatural things in episode 1? The show was never without them..

Yes, and I know the show was created based upon this idea.
Just saying .. really enjoyed the anime, despite its animation.
Feb 22, 2015 5:54 AM

Aug 2014
chocolatematter said:
Perfect way to attract people to manga :3

Because of this last episode I still can't decide whether rate it with 9 or 10, I'm changing score of this anime constantly D:

I guess i'm not the only one...
Feb 23, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2009
OMFG .... I just finished the anime berserk ... and wtf of an ending is that ???

I simply hated it.

1st of all why such a short anime ??? from what i have heard .... there are lots of stuff that could have been on the anime that are not.

2nd Why the hell did they show that future scene on ep1 to end the way it did ... i don't even know who that snake guy is.

the oly thing i understodd from the entire series were the meaning of the mark he had on his neck and the reason why he had a mini-cannon on his arm instead of a normal arm.

3rd and last .... WTF happens to Casca .... i realy grew fond of casca and guts as a coulpe .... why the hell did they do that to casca ???

Why couldn't they do a 2nd season to explain fans what happend to casca.

That final episode just simply ruined my love for the entire series .... guess i will to hunt for a website that has the complete manga ... that is if the manga is complete, because i hear people say that it isn't complete.
Mar 2, 2015 8:35 PM

Dec 2014
The ending......

What just happened?

Wtf O.O
Mar 3, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2012
I just finished it. I absolutely loved the ending, I was expecting to be disappointed and I was not in the least.

I prefer psychological anime that show raw human emotion and inner-conflict, this one hit the nail on the head, and oooooh boy the last episode. No sugar-coating, it laid it out how it is and displayed very clearly the costs of attaining vast power over others.

Also, a lot of people seem to complain about how there's no story between the last episode and the first episode. I thought this was perfect, it leaves you thinking a lot about how Guts got out of the situation he was in, and whatever happened to Casca, I prefer that it leaves such things to the imaginations of the viewers. Seriously, if there was another episode after 25 tying things together the ending would be puttering and it would lose it's intense impact.

Could not have ended better. Keep in mind I'm a huge fan of NGE. This is exactly my type of ending.
xEmptiness said:
"if we follow what SW is suggesting, nihilism is the conclusion"
Mar 3, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
Space-Wizard said:
I just finished it. I absolutely loved the ending, I was expecting to be disappointed and I was not in the least.

I prefer psychological anime that show raw human emotion and inner-conflict, this one hit the nail on the head, and oooooh boy the last episode. No sugar-coating, it laid it out how it is and displayed very clearly the costs of attaining vast power over others.

Also, a lot of people seem to complain about how there's no story between the last episode and the first episode. I thought this was perfect, it leaves you thinking a lot about how Guts got out of the situation he was in, and whatever happened to Casca, I prefer that it leaves such things to the imaginations of the viewers. Seriously, if there was another episode after 25 tying things together the ending would be puttering and it would lose it's intense impact.

Could not have ended better. Keep in mind I'm a huge fan of NGE. This is exactly my type of ending.

As great as I thought this ending was, the stuff immediately after in the manga was very powerful.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 3, 2015 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
insan3Inquisitor said:
Space-Wizard said:

As great as I thought this ending was, the stuff immediately after in the manga was very powerful.

That's good to know, I knew the manga went further and I was worried that it ruined it. Maybe someday if I lose my repulsion to touching manga I'll check it out.
xEmptiness said:
Mar 3, 2015 5:10 PM

Nov 2013
Celestrial2 said:
IT DIDN'T FUCKING END. i've never been so pissed off after i finished an anime. Well, off to the manga

A full year later and I'm still pretty fucking pissed lol
Mar 3, 2015 5:11 PM

Jun 2011
@space-If you do berserk is a great place to start you already enjoyed the show (i liked the f'ed up ending too but hated it at first) and the manga has amazing art

@celestrial- did u end up reading the manga?
Mar 3, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
Celestrial2 said:
Celestrial2 said:
IT DIDN'T FUCKING END. i've never been so pissed off after i finished an anime. Well, off to the manga

A full year later and I'm still pretty fucking pissed lol

If you're that bothered turn on Howl's Moving Castle and pretend that that's the ending. It probably is really. Griffith had to go cool off somewhere.
xEmptiness said:
Mar 19, 2015 4:34 PM
Sep 2013
I frustrating ending but twisted and fascinating none the less.
Apr 8, 2015 7:07 AM
Nov 2014
That ending was pretty crazy and cringe worthly, but there is no denying how epic this anime has been. Much more epic and manlier than some animes I have watched so far. I loved this show, some fantastic fight scenes even if the animation is not up to standard. Good opening and ending themes as well, very catchy.

Overall rating = 9/10 I'm pleased with the show soundtracks, the main characters are great, ( liked Griffith the most, but Guts is awesome too ) the characters development are slow but it's good stuff and of course the atmosphere that this show produce. Very good watch, would read the manga at a later date.
Apr 8, 2015 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
Well thats nice. The show took 24 episodes to become what I expected it to be; a merciless, satanic gorefest where humans are just cattle and then its over just like that. I guess this was just an elaborate ad for the manga.

I have never been more disappointed in a series. I pretty much have no choice but to read the manga now.

Better than average action drama with two very interesting main characters and just as everything comes crashing down it ends. fuck this
sayonara_sekaiApr 8, 2015 3:54 PM
Apr 12, 2015 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
Great series up until this point. Somebody told me about how bad the ending was early on but I went on ahead. It couldn't be that bad I thought. Yet here we are. Was one the first endings that I went WTF out loud.
Apr 12, 2015 11:00 PM

Jan 2010
I've always thought that I've seen my fair share of violent and graphic shows, but I guess I really know nothing at all. Grim and dark stuff have always been my bane. It's the stuff I purposely avoid since I don't enjoy all that death and suffering. Still, I can appreciate a good show, and Berserk pull off all the stops to be gruesome without being fetishistic. As in, there's nothing here besides that gut-wrenching feeling from seeing everything fall apart. It's just pure malice.

And yeah, I've heard before that the anime's ending was quite abrupt, and it was. However, the most painful part of that ending is knowing that even if I continued with the manga, there's little hope in seeing the full story. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted though. Just...wow. I'm not sure how to take this all in.
Apr 17, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
Great series 9/10.

I don't think they showed if Rickert survived what happened in the earlier episode did they? properly the darkest show I've watched so far and i still don't know who i liked better Guts or Griffith. I was kinda expecting the unresolved go read the manga ending as i didn't think they could resolve everything in one episode so it didn't bother me that much. It was pretty baddass when Guts cuts his arm off though.

I was also wondering why Guts was shouting Corkus name everytime we see them interact he is a cunt to Guts surely he likes other people better than him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2015 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
I am filled with RAGE right now. Towards Griffith.
I must read the manga.
May 7, 2015 10:40 AM
May 2013
Sigh... This is why I sometimes hate Anime as a medium. It's just horrible when it doesn't cover a whole story, what's left for me now? To read the Manga? I'm sure it's great, but I don't read Manga. And even if I did it wouldn't be the same, these characters have been brought to life on TV, I wouldn't wanna finish the story in any other form.

I guess it's my fault for getting into a series without doing my homework... if I had known it was gonna end like this I never would have done it.

Kudos to them for a job well done, I'm sure the ones of you that have read the manga love it. I can appreciate just how ballsy it is to end it like this, but as someone who has no interest in manga then it's a real kick in the balls for me. I feel pretty robbed of my time if I'm honest.

Lesson learned for me though... always check if an anime is a complete story before getting into it (and not just one arc of many).

Also on a side note, I heavily disliked the final few episodes. I loved this Anime for it's characters and relationships, and whilst the supernatural elements were there from the start it was really to big a shift in tone, and all to quickly. Griffith lost his humanity all to quickly with almost no guilt... just didn't like it. Felt like everything I had felt about Griffith was torn away and replaced with a very simple character.. "I want this so fuck everyone I've ever known".

I mean, really? Meh. It's a hell of a move to kill pretty much all your cast and have a series end with your hero mutilated watching his lover being raped by his best friend turned demon king. But it was to much, to quick for me. I hadn't had time to digest just what the hell was even going on and then it ended.

I can see this is a classic anime, and in one way it deserves to be. But in another, the ending was a complete middle finger to anyone who doesn't read Manga (should that be a prerequisite for watching anime? Am I in the wrong here?). I spent 22 episodes in love with it, and 3 episodes wishing I'd never bothered. I guess I'm a minority here but oh well...
DouLouMay 7, 2015 10:49 AM
May 26, 2015 6:42 PM

Feb 2015
The tears in this thread are delicious.
May 27, 2015 9:25 AM
Apr 2014
DouLou said:
Sigh... This is why I sometimes hate Anime as a medium. It's just horrible when it doesn't cover a whole story, what's left for me now? To read the Manga? I'm sure it's great, but I don't read Manga. And even if I did it wouldn't be the same, these characters have been brought to life on TV, I wouldn't wanna finish the story in any other form.

I guess it's my fault for getting into a series without doing my homework... if I had known it was gonna end like this I never would have done it.

Kudos to them for a job well done, I'm sure the ones of you that have read the manga love it. I can appreciate just how ballsy it is to end it like this, but as someone who has no interest in manga then it's a real kick in the balls for me. I feel pretty robbed of my time if I'm honest.

Lesson learned for me though... always check if an anime is a complete story before getting into it (and not just one arc of many).

Also on a side note, I heavily disliked the final few episodes. I loved this Anime for it's characters and relationships, and whilst the supernatural elements were there from the start it was really to big a shift in tone, and all to quickly. Griffith lost his humanity all to quickly with almost no guilt... just didn't like it. Felt like everything I had felt about Griffith was torn away and replaced with a very simple character.. "I want this so fuck everyone I've ever known".

I mean, really? Meh. It's a hell of a move to kill pretty much all your cast and have a series end with your hero mutilated watching his lover being raped by his best friend turned demon king. But it was to much, to quick for me. I hadn't had time to digest just what the hell was even going on and then it ended.

I can see this is a classic anime, and in one way it deserves to be. But in another, the ending was a complete middle finger to anyone who doesn't read Manga (should that be a prerequisite for watching anime? Am I in the wrong here?). I spent 22 episodes in love with it, and 3 episodes wishing I'd never bothered. I guess I'm a minority here but oh well...

I pretty much feel the same way. Just finished the series and I'm disappointed they decided to end it this way. I don't read manga. Never will. So at this point, since I can't get a conclusion of the events, I just have to pretend berserk doesn't even exist.
Jun 1, 2015 6:04 AM

Jul 2012
This is easily the best ending to any anime I have ever seen. So much butthurt here from moefags who need a happy ending.
xEmptiness said:
Jun 1, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
This was truly a great anime. But because it ended like that, I have to give it 9/10. This whole season was just a build up for the main part of the story, that's what I think at least. I was surprised and sad when I discovered that there is not an another season for this. The beginning of this series suggested very heavily that it would continue from that point later after the huge "flashback". Now I'm left with nothing. It's a shame really.
Jun 3, 2015 4:28 AM

Dec 2013
How the fuck can that be called an ending?!?

Actually watched this after reading the manga and I definitely preferred the manga.

Still the anime was still good on it's own. The OST was especially nice.

9/10
Jun 11, 2015 4:07 AM

Oct 2013
The anime was amazing. So fucked up with what grifith did to Casca and even more messed up was how Guts couldn't do a damn thing except watch.

Grifith just looked at him with zero remorse. More like "Fuck you, I'm above you. I took yo bitch!"

Why's theirs no season 2 is beyond me. People say it because the current arc isn't finished but....what the arcs before it?
I haven't read the manga though but surely adapt SOMETHING!?

Well with this new but great trend of adapting old mangas slowly on the rise, I hope Berserk gets announced soon!
Ending got cut short but it makes you wanna go read the manga coz it was epic still....I'm just holding off to see if an anime comes.

If they do then I'd rather its a proper season 2 or if they do a reboot then it has to be OLM, Inc again. or some other studio that doen't shy away from gore and so on......Wit Studio maybe? Production I.G? or at the very least.....Madhouse?

10/10
TheNoseOfDeathJun 11, 2015 4:12 AM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 11, 2015 4:16 AM

Jan 2015
Great anime apart from the supernatural shit and the unexpected ending.
Jun 29, 2015 3:50 AM

Aug 2014
The Eclipse never fails to fucking depress me. ;-;
Jul 14, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2015
Y... you can't just end it like that!

Jul 24, 2015 9:26 AM

Dec 2013
trolololo

kibblz said:
Great anime apart from the supernatural shit and the unexpected ending.

Yeah, agreed. Those demons were kinda..ehh, out of place.
Pretty good ride even with this shitty ending. Read the manga my ass. I won't.
Very good cast and OST.
AizixJul 24, 2015 9:33 AM
Aug 14, 2015 12:29 AM

May 2015
daAmazinFatB0y said:
The anime was amazing. So fucked up with what grifith did to Casca and even more messed up was how Guts couldn't do a damn thing except watch.

Grifith just looked at him with zero remorse. More like "Fuck you, I'm above you. I took yo bitch!"

Why's theirs no season 2 is beyond me. People say it because the current arc isn't finished but....what the arcs before it?
I haven't read the manga though but surely adapt SOMETHING!?

Maybe they'll see fit to create another film, but atm they only have three golden age films.

Is there any reason in particular they decided to end the series though? Guess it was just monetary issues?
edit: maybe not the best thread to ask this question..err, woah what a twist! that was crazy.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 22, 2015 11:04 PM

Jul 2014
This was truly a nightmare
I didn't think it would happen, and then Pippin got killed. That confirmed that a massacre was happening. Holy shit, when you thought something wouldn't happen, it happened. Poor Guts...he could only watch...fucked up man. Damn, I need to know what happens next...how did Guts get out of that hell? The 4 hands of god? So many questions...anyone know if they will continue this as an anime series?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2015 11:56 PM

Jul 2014
so....after sitting on this for a while....I'm now REAALLLYY frustrated by the fact that there probably won;t be an anime continuation T__T I'm not gonna read the manga, it seems way too drawn out (sorry if that offends any fateful manga readers)
am I just gonna have to accept the ending as a massacre where Guts lives on?!
Aug 23, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 2015
Chaoyigon said:
so....after sitting on this for a while....I'm now REAALLLYY frustrated by the fact that there probably won;t be an anime continuation T__T I'm not gonna read the manga, it seems way too drawn out (sorry if that offends any fateful manga readers)
am I just gonna have to accept the ending as a massacre where Guts lives on?!

I was too unsatisfied with the anime ending to just leave it at that. I had to know what happened so I read the manga (not all, just a few chapters.) I will just try to say it as short as I can.

After all that madness A demon in skeleton form rode on a horse and rescued Guts and Caska. He took them to a safe cave or whatever. It seemed Caska was in such shock she stopped speaking and responding to anyone or anything. She was just blank in the manga. Guts was okay, he eventually got his eye patch. In this safe cave he met that little kid with blonde hair I forgot his name. He was part of the hawkes (was that the gang name?) Guts actually woke up from a long sleep of recovery and saw him. The kid explained a few things. The demon skeleton guy would come back sometimes to tell Guts everything about what happened. (I think it was the same world just now full of demons and monsters etc) don't wanna get into that.

Basically Guts was just hanging around the cave with Caska and some others. He kept trying to talk with her but every time he tried she would scream. So he just let her be. But she was safe that's all he cared about. Now here's the weird part, she was pregnant and sometime into the manga she had a demon baby. Guts wanted to kill it immediately but she blocked him. The more I got into the manga the more it became supernatural with demons and fairies. I stopped after that. I just wanted to know what happened with Guts and Caska. Oh and sometimes you would see Griffith in some sort of castle or whatever giving orders. I had a few quick looks into later chapters. I guess they met again in the future to fight and Caska maybe gets her shit together. Not sure. Oh and also you get to see how he got his prosthetic (is that how you say it?) arm with arrows and sword (I think he gets a new sword. Forgot) from that blacksmith friend he stayed at (remember that house he stayed at in the mountain or whatever? Yeah anyway. That's about all I can remember.
kibblzAug 23, 2015 4:53 PM
Aug 31, 2015 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
I knew for the start that this would end unfinished but it ended like this kinda annoying but still enjoyed and probably will read the manga if it starts to reach it's conclusion

8/10
Sep 5, 2015 3:09 AM
Oct 2014
That is some seriously fucked up shit in the later episode.Loved the ending.
I am certainly heading up for the Manga
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

82 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

87 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.