Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 29, 2017 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Re: Creators. 20 minutes of non stop expository dialogue balanced out with 2 minutes of action. It seems the blueprint and so far they are sticking to it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 29, 2017 7:55 PM

Jun 2011
Jonesy974 said:
Damn, Mamika got fucking butchered. Looked like a magician's act where they put the swords through the box...and she was the box.

Gonna tweak my theory from last week.

Souta this week said to Meteora that (hypothetically *wink wink*) that he and his friend both made art, and that the friend was better than him and that led to him becoming jealous and cold to the friend.

I'm going to interpret that as: Souta was the original character designer for Altair in that particular series; he drew the pinkish/whitish haired character with the long name. The character didn't look outstanding and the reception was pretty bad. Pretty sure they called the character spineless too. Then comes along his friend, who took his character, completely changed it (while keeping it in the same universe) and came up with the badass Altair and the sick, HQ trailer and everything. Much better reception and overall just a better work. Made Souta jealous so he treated her like shit and stopped talking to her.

Now a few things still puzzle me. Altair keeps going on and on about how the worlds harsh criticism and hate towards the glasses girl is what drove her to suicide. But from what we've seen, it seems like the general attitude towards her work was positive, and it was extremely popular on the doujin website. I'm not really seeing how she could've gotten such an immense amount of criticism that she killed herself. Yet Altair keeps blaming the entire world.

Which leads me to another theory from Souta and Makagami's encounter. The way she was talking to him, she was heavily implying to him that she's dead and he's the reason for it. Going off his reaction I cant tell if he was just shocked to hear all this crazy shit from her, or if he was left panicking because she knew the truth and so did he and she brought it all up at once. They still haven't revealed if he knows that she's dead or not, and depending on that answer it will probably reveal a lot of revelations.

Now, if this theories hold true and Souta created the original character, and him treating the girl like garbage led her to killing herself, then that makes me curious about the connection between Altair and Souta. She recognizes him, but how? Does a part of her still retain some of the character personality from Souta's original and maybe she has a faint connection to him as her co-creator? Did the glasses girl somehow mention him to her? Was there a picture of them together maybe? Because it seems like Altair knows a lot of personal details about the glasses girl; like Altair was brought into this world and talked with her before she died. It would be hard for her to talk about her creator's personality like she's intimate with it if she never actually met her. And if Souta is 100% the reason she killed herself, it seems like Altair is unaware. Like glasses girl kept the fact that it was one person hidden the entire time, so Altair blames the whole world.

Pay some attention to the dates, Setsuna was blamed on 2ch(?) before the Altair PV released months ago. She committed suicide after uploading that. Those praise was to Altair.
May 29, 2017 8:40 PM

Mar 2014
14 episodes without Mamika is a world I don't want to live in.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 29, 2017 9:47 PM
Jul 2014
So-Intense said:

If I may, I'd like to propose a theory, based upon some thoughts and extrapolations from what we've already seen, as well as from the track listings of the original sound track (to be released in june). A preview is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsU8jlWLqeE

Note the first title track: "God of Ink," which hasn't been included in any of the episodes so far.

Anyway, onto the theory.

First Mamika is most definitely dead. However that doesn't mean that they can't bring her back. Two considerations lead me to this.

First, we know that it's possible to go to other worlds, as that's exactly what Souta did in the first episode. Even Altair was surprised to see him there.

Second, we know from the creations coming over that they and their powers are actualized. In other words, "you are you, no matter where you are."

Given this, it is fully possible that a creator could drop into their world using Souta's tablet and pull their character out again or even resurrect them, as their power of "creation" would be actualized in their own world in a far more direct way than is possible in the "real" world.

They could, in theory, use this to resurrect Mamika or make changes to other characters on the fly.

I suspect that this may become an important plot point in the second half of the series.
May 29, 2017 10:08 PM

Mar 2014
firemagnet said:
So-Intense said:

If I may, I'd like to propose a theory, based upon some thoughts and extrapolations from what we've already seen, as well as from the track listings of the original sound track (to be released in june). A preview is here:

Note the first title track: "God of Ink," which hasn't been included in any of the episodes so far.

Anyway, onto the theory.

First Mamika is most definitely dead. However that doesn't mean that they can't bring her back. Two considerations lead me to this.

First, we know that it's possible to go to other worlds, as that's exactly what Souta did in the first episode. Even Altair was surprised to see him there.

Second, we know from the creations coming over that they and their powers are actualized. In other words, "you are you, no matter where you are."

Given this, it is fully possible that a creator could drop into their world using Souta's tablet and pull their character out again or even resurrect them, as their power of "creation" would be actualized in their own world in a far more direct way than is possible in the "real" world.

They could, in theory, use this to resurrect Mamika or make changes to other characters on the fly.

I suspect that this may become an important plot point in the second half of the series.

Interesting! I could see them doing something similar. Kinda makes me wonder if that would create an infinite loop of sorts.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 29, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2014
So-Intense said:
firemagnet said:

Anyway, onto the theory.

Interesting! I could see them doing something similar. Kinda makes me wonder if that would create an infinite loop of sorts.

Not really, but we know from Blitz, Meteora and Mamika that

1. There is relatively little time left until the first distortions start to appear (Blitz, episode 7).

2. When these distortions appear, it's basically game over (Meteora, episode 4/5)

3. That further actions increase the distortion in connected worlds as well (Mamika, episode 8).

The way I see it is that by Episode 11, Altair will have succeeded, at least partially, in her original goal; Earth Prime will likely be damaged to the point that it forces the cast to flee into other worlds or take another similarly drastic measure.
May 30, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
This episode ended with a blast, I'm hyped for Mamika vs Altair.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
Normally when you hear a character named Mamika you be like, WTF? a character name for bitchy lil school girls to watch eh?
Then her move Magical Splash Flare have us like ''magical wut? nope nope, I dont watch magical girls anime''
After seeing ep 8 people be like *HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT... MAGICAL SPLASH FLARE THAT EDGY ASS BITCH!*
May 30, 2017 11:18 AM
Apr 2017
SeerHu said:
My Assumption Statement
IF the Protagonist does not withhold information about Altiar and explain that he really is the Creator of Altair and he can change her settings in episode 1 or Episode 2, the story and plot of Episode 3 to Final Episode of <RE:CREATORS> Certainly Will Change A Lot and he will protected by the Government.

More like there will be no episode 3. If he can change her that's the end of the story. There's basically been a whole lot of drama for nothing at all.

Farabeuf said:
Re: Creators. 20 minutes of non stop expository dialogue balanced out with 2 minutes of action. It seems the blueprint and so far they are sticking to it.

Troyca can't afford to do any extra work! More dialogue = less to draw.
May 30, 2017 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeJunky said:
So it seems Sakagami is gonna blackmail Souta. As everyone guessed, Mamika was the first to go. I also think Altair is gonna tell Alicetelia that Celestia's group were the ones that killed Mamika.
It's very likely but I REALLY hope this doesn't happen as that would be very generic...
Alice would also be really dumb to believe her.
May 30, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2017
Sucks that the most developed character in the show so far has (seemingly) bit the bullet less than halfway through. But that ending scene was really well done. I hope that's the level of quality that this show will sustain for the majority of the rest of the show

My hype and excitement after the emotional and exciting end of this episode was completely overshadowed by the realization that I officially HATE, not dislike, Souta (Sota?) and his existence.

No, it's not because "he's a bitch". It's not because of his obvious social and mental hangups. It's the fact that he, as a character, has three monumental failures that i just can't overlook. He's A), a terrible plot device, and B), a frustrating and annoying character to have to watch. However, his biggest sin is that He's C), An overall feeble and unsavory person who I'm unable to sympathize/ feel sorrow for. I could probably rant for a lot longer on him, so it's best if I just end it there.

Looking forward to the next episode of this show that hopefully turns out to be worth all the dialogue that has been spoken in it.
May 30, 2017 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
A CHARACTER ISN'T DEAD UNTIL I SEE A BODY. MAMIKA ISNT DEAD YET. Were only on episode 8 of 22, it's too soon to kill off a character... I think... I don't know, I just know I like her and want her to live at least a little longer.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 31, 2017 2:11 AM
Jan 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYlT2dSJZo4

Episode 9 PV. I think we broke Souta.
May 31, 2017 2:16 AM
Nov 2015
dash5611 said:
I enjoy this show but it could be so much better if Sota didn't go full retard.

yeah its the worst main character ever made in anime history
May 31, 2017 6:41 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty damn good episode as good if not better then last 2 episodes which make this anime rice tbh. First i really think that Souta is just irrelevant at this point and i dont see him as character much less as impact of any kind on the show.

Only thing that can convert him from being completely usual cannon fodder is that he somehow receives 360 degree turn and i dont know starts actually agressive hunt for Altair too take her down.
He is really not a good friend i mean who would be affraid too tell Meteora the truth after she pretty much gave fucking large hint that anything he says she will accept, fucking pussy. She would not hurt a fly if there is no need ffs.

Honestly if you had a creation of yours that went wild and you have means and resolve too stop that someting would you not do it, i am pretty damn sure that if he tried he could find a way too counter her whole character he knows her even though she does not follow any plot of her world.

For mamika only chance of her surviving would be some passive heal effect of magical splash flare that she unlocked at last second or some stuff like that, or barrier of sorts. And ofc Alice chan coming in that same barrier at last moment too teleport her.

Sword guy was absolutely corect most brutal down too earth way of showing the arogant author just how much he is full of shit, even if he was not author of such chaotic world, i would still support Yuya-s action guy deserve it for being asshole too group.

I am still waiting for Blitz too show more of his action, he seems too be most calculative character of the bunch, and truly neutral with only his business in mind.

Next ep seems like hardcore psychotic BDSM cant wait for sota the dog.
May 31, 2017 12:29 PM
Jul 2014

Damn. Ninja'd

- Magane takes center stage, pisses off both Yuuya and Aliceteria
- Magane abuses Souta for fun and profit
- Meteora to the rescue?
- Mamika is very, very dead it would seem.
May 31, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 2014
redcobra said:
dash5611 said:
I enjoy this show but it could be so much better if Sota didn't go full retard.

I can think of worse. The cast of Angel Links comes to mind.
May 31, 2017 1:07 PM
Jul 2012
firemagnet said:
redcobra said:

I can think of worse. The cast of Angel Links comes to mind.

I can't think of someone worse than Ichika from IS...
May 31, 2017 1:12 PM

Sep 2016
wow the MC is getting even more pathetic, unbelievable
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 31, 2017 2:00 PM
Jul 2014
GangsterCat said:

You have a 16(?) year old who believes that he is personally responsible for the death of one of--perhaps his only--close friend because he lashed out at her verbally. That's pretty much the definition of "emotionally unstable/fragile individual." Likely the events that followed have only made him feel worse.

It would make him very easy to exploit. In as much as he can be labeled "pathetic," his reaction is also relatively realistic. Magane knows this, which is why she's exploiting him for her own ends.
Jun 1, 2017 6:10 AM

Jul 2015
Welp, RIP Mamika, or maybe not.

No hatred for Sota from me, but a good question: even IF he did tell them about Setsuna and Altair, then what? It feels like people just don't like understanding the MC's struggles. Understandable that he should tell them, but I can't exactly see him doing that right now, consideriing that it was his jealous feeliings that kickstarted the entire plot in the first place. Not exactly something that would go over well with anyone...

But oh well.

As for Mamika, it's a pretty sure thing that she's dead, but then again, Altair did bring in these characters for a reason. Here's my theory:

Altair brings in some characters from certain shows, meaning that each one has a purpose in her overall plan. One of the major questions is why they were specifically summoned. Each one must have a connection to Sota and/or Setsuna if Altair summoned them, and she needs them for something, otherwise she could've just went and summon pretty much anyone else.

After all, why would she summon people who could go against her and could potentially overpower her?

So maybe Mamika did survive, but just barely.

The only way this theory would die is if they were summon randomly by someone else.

firemagnet said:
So-Intense said:

Anyway, onto the theory.

I did forget that. That's why Celejia is there in the first place. I'm guessing that the minute they find out Sota's connection to all of this, then that plotline kicks off and we have the gang back together.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 1, 2017 6:27 AM

Dec 2007
firemagnet said:
So-Intense said:

Anyway, onto the theory.

Technically, it could be possible to "resurrect" someone. However, it would not be the Mamika we (most likely) just lost. We already established this when "future" events for Selesia's story were revealed, and she had no knowledge of them. When added to Meteora's exposition on how they exist in the world, we can surmise that the creations are not exactly the characters from the story, but rather facsimiles of them that use the available information as a basis. That available information, however, is not enough to create a full existence in our world, so there is naturally more to the creations than what could exist in theirs - something they've been touching on with their growth.

Basically, they would only be able to create another facsimile of Mamika as she appears in the story. The new one could go in a completely different direction from the original, however, as she is adapted to, and grows within, the real world.

However, of much more importance is the fact that, if I'm right on all counts, they can't just go back to their stories when this is over. The ones that exist in the real world are not the ones from those stories. And that would leave a very difficult question as to what their future might be after the conflict resolves.
ErwinJAJun 1, 2017 6:30 AM
Jun 1, 2017 5:45 PM

Apr 2017
Really excited for future episodes, prob the best anime of the year!!
Jun 2, 2017 5:06 AM

Jan 2015
GangsterCat said:

Well lol, I didn't think it would take this direction. He is even more annoying and pathetic than Ikari Shinji. (Neon Genesis Evangelion's main character)
Jun 2, 2017 6:34 AM
Jan 2017
Xenocrisi said:
GangsterCat said:

Well lol, I didn't think it would take this direction. He is even more annoying and pathetic than Ikari Shinji. (Neon Genesis Evangelion's main character)

Ikari was a gloomy character himself but this kid was alright until 5th episode. Magane is really breaking him
Jun 2, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
i just caught up with this anime, i have to say...this is one of the best of the season!
Why are people just criticizing the fact that theres alot of talking in this anime, its not like this talking is pointless. Im actually glad an anime is taking its time and buildind stuff.
I thought that the magical girl had raised a death flag in the previous episode but i made too light of it. This series is really good and i hope it only gets better from here on!

edit--
i find it insulting that sauta is being compared with shinji.Souta is a much better character than him.Despite the fact that he's afraid of telling others about his relation to altair, but he did tell mamika right?Orelse why would altair overreact to such things? Im really looking forward to the next episode!
ironaceJun 2, 2017 2:00 PM
Jun 2, 2017 8:20 PM

Dec 2014
well things are getting more and more interesting...for a second there I thought Mamika died
Jun 2, 2017 8:22 PM

May 2009
I should just dig a hole and bury Souta under it so his feeling burdened comes to an end. ( ̄ヘ ̄) Very annoying.

I like hearing Altair's voice more than any other characters. :D <3

WOAH INTENSE LAST FEW SECONDS!!! INTENSE! INTENSE!!!
The sound effects are amazing too! I could replay this scene over and over again XD

I believe someone from previous discussion thread said that characters like Mamika is the type who gets to die first... Oh my God, I hope s/he is wrong D:
MagePhairaJun 2, 2017 8:26 PM

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jun 2, 2017 9:46 PM
Jul 2014
ibraheem234 said:
well things are getting more and more interesting...for a second there I thought Mamika died

I'm pretty sure that she did.
Jun 3, 2017 2:32 AM

Sep 2013
Most impressive MG Mamika just got UBW. Liked how Mamika being who she is trying to talk it out with Altair, but she fucking raged at her for uttering Setsuna's name nonchalantly.

Sota being pathetic guilt-ridden wimp, even when we have an inkling of his 'circumstances' he's not being a chara to cheer for and rather just want him to have minimum screen-time. With all the shit going on, and good chara being in real danger, we have no favour for his pathetic disposition.
Jun 3, 2017 6:56 AM

Dec 2014
rinneganfire4u said:
Most impressive MG Mamika just got UBW. Liked how Mamika being who she is trying to talk it out with Altair, but she fucking raged at her for uttering Setsuna's name nonchalantly.

Sota being pathetic guilt-ridden wimp, even when we have an inkling of his 'circumstances' he's not being a chara to cheer for and rather just want him to have minimum screen-time. With all the shit going on, and good chara being in real danger, we have no favour for his pathetic disposition.

no chara lol... I get your rage but zara narmi say
Jun 3, 2017 9:09 AM
Jul 2014
Beginning to hate that MC even more now ...
Jun 3, 2017 3:22 PM
Jun 2012
is it just me or is sota becoming more and more pathetic
Jun 3, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2012
im dropping this, this one will just like aldnoah.
Jun 3, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Meteora is such a good buddy. Kind of makes sense why Souta hasn't been forthcoming, as it seems he feels guilty about Setsuna's death, like he was jealous of her and didn't support her in her time of need.

Alice and Mamika scene was sweet. Too sweet, as it felt like a goodbye. But Mamika's confrontation with Altair was awesome, so it was worth it.

I wonder if Altair's name might be an allusion to The Weaver Girl and the Cowherd, a Chinese folk tale. In that case, Altair would be the cowherd (the star Altair) and Setsuna would be the weaver girl (the star Vega). Altair poses as the leader (a shepherd) for the Creations, and Setsuna was someone who was involved with stories (i.e. she was a"weaver" of stories). Yeah, this might be a bit of a stretch.
Jun 4, 2017 2:42 AM
Jul 2011
-Stray said:
Holy fuck... that ending! for the first time in my life watching anime I can finally say I've seen a badass magical girl, MAGICAL SPLASH FLARE was hype as shit! made me remember Majin Vegeta's explosion against Boo.

About Sota, FUCK YOU. You told magical girl what you know but dont tell your team? people are dying, there are overpowered characters that popped out in your world, and you prioritize your feelings and past over that? dumbass MC.

Sota denied his relationship with Altair in Episode 2 so I think that is the Cause of he does not admit his the creator of altiar and tell his team.
Jun 11, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Mamika talks to Altair... blah blah.
Me: I hope Altair kills her.
Me: (throws arms in air) Yes!

I hope Mamika is actually dead. This anime so badly needs something like that to happen to get things moving.

Sota is garbage, indecisive garbage. I doubt Altair will let him die any time soon.
Other than the end... another episode filled with nonsense dialog.
Jun 16, 2017 1:38 AM

May 2011
The_Irregular said:
is it just me or is sota becoming more and more pathetic

I'm tired of wormy beta male teenage boy tropes to begin with. Especially the useless ones that need to be protected by girls.

Souta is a fucking fool if he thinks hiding his shame is worth destroying his world, new friends. I hate MCs like that. It ruins a perfectly good show when someone like him and his pathetic squirmy omissions are so intertwined into the plot.

The weak willed MC beta male hiding something trope has been used so much that you can't even call it "Character development" anymore.
CirrisJun 16, 2017 1:54 AM
Jul 13, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2015
NOOOO BEST GIRL MAMIKA!!!!
Jul 15, 2017 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
I am shipping Mamika and Alice hard! Please don't die!!!
Jul 15, 2017 10:36 PM

Jul 2017
After watching this episode i'll never make fun of magical girls ever again. Madoka is a pusser! Mamika for the winz!

[edit]
And yes, Sota is a pusser too. Put him together with Shinji. Here's some reference:

http://2static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Oooohhhhh_b6be56_5582569.jpg
Jul 30, 2017 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
Altair used "Unlimited Blade Works" on Mamika. It is not very effective. Mamika evolved into Nanoha!
Aug 8, 2017 10:26 PM

Aug 2011
God, Sota is disgusting af. Where do they get all those pussy-protags. Ugh.
This show was quite promising. Not anymore, no person is that idiotic as Sota is.
Aug 24, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2013
Souta, really? Talking to the enemy and afterwards hanging with Meteora but no balls to actually tell her the really important things? Shitty MC, hello.

Also, poor Mamika.. I would be more than surprised if she actually survived all these swords. RIP.
Sep 16, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
Sôta's "shyness" / doubt / whatever is scarily selective.

Why did I laugh during this murder? XD

3/5 I guess death will be their only way out.
Sep 27, 2017 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
That was some heavy foreshadowing there, the way Mamika suicide-jumped off the building to fly away. And you knew the instant she said Setsuna's name in that silence that it would make Altair snap, but the payoff was HUGE. Instantly gave her a fatal wound, and then countered with MAGICAL SPLASH FLAREEEEEEEE! Awesome.

I know she's a villain character, but I really enjoy it every time Magane is onscreen. She just goes RIGHT for Sota about him hiding something, which has been frustrating me for several episodes now. Her being in a maid costume was just an added bonus~
Jan 28, 2018 9:14 AM

Dec 2016
I mean the death flags were pretty strong when Mamika and Alice were talking on the rooftop, but I didn't think it would actually happen!!!!!! :(
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 22, 2018 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
Well that was pretty meta... the magical girls always die... but at least she left with an amazing bang! Like seriously, that last few seconds was so intense and nicely done. Props to Mamika's VA. Though it's sad that she's the first to go, but that's the problem with a character that has been given plenty of development more than other characters.

Mamika is definitely an amazing character for what little screen time she had.

Mar 6, 2018 4:47 AM

Mar 2015
Oh noooo poor Mamika :<
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2018 8:30 PM

Dec 2013
Can't count how many times I've rewartched parts from this episode. The ending was just so awesome!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

401 by Selcukyilmaz »»
May 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.