Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2017 1:59 PM
Jan 2016
well everything happening pretty random I guess, and it's only fist episode, so less see
Apr 6, 2017 2:00 PM

May 2008
Wow this is bad. Like, really bad. The emotions are so fast paced, the animation is horrible for 2017, this isn't the average 'romance' like Kimi no Todoke, Sukitte ii na yo, Ao Haru Ride, Maid-Sama, Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun etc etc

I'm debating whether I even want to continue watching this cause I had to force myself through the whole first ep which was just boring. Normally these types of shows have it so it's one or the other falling for the opposite character first. Most likely the girl first. But just randomly seeing each other in certain places and they both automatically just end up in dokis? I know anime is unrealistic but holy shit..THIS unrealistic?

Call me critical if you want but this is just such a poor excuse for a romance series. That's my opinion.

Apr 6, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
I thought I could complaint about art here, but as I watched the art got cute for me.
This was making me feeling a movie anime was made into TV anime.I am curious to see how the story expands and I am sure this story has lot to offer.
Also Kotarou like Osamu Dazai's book, cool.At the same time it reminds me of BSD's Osamu,Dazai as well.Cool.
Not to mention, there are some fantastic soundtrack for this show.
Apr 6, 2017 2:08 PM
Jul 2012
This atmosphere of the series was enjoyable especially how they nailed the family interactions realistically for kids at that age.
Apr 6, 2017 2:20 PM

May 2015
Art was quite surprising with all the white " contouring " but in fact it ended pleasant to watch.
OST are quite relaxing
I surely agree that MC's are overly shy but... This is middle school hey, not high school.
This guy seems enclosed to his books, and the fact that Roman seems to be a sex machine in their school probably doesn't add more to his confidence gauge.
The girl is overly stressed without anything (see the anti-stress thing) so it isn't so abnormal to have her being shy.

This slow pacing is sure quite relaxing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
nice opening song =D

i liked the episode, the art is kinda different tho
i wasnt even going to watch this one but it appeared so i was like...sure why not? (30 seasonals not enough haha)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 6, 2017 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
That was adorable. Loving the art style, but I'm not so fond of the CGI. I'm sure I'll get over it though because I'm a sucker for cute romance shows.

Yo college can you stop killing me lol

ProfileListMusicDog

Apr 6, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
I really enjoyed this first episode, I'm hoping for the best.

Also, I don't know who he is, but his reaction in this scene may have just spoiled the potential drama this show will create later.
Apr 6, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2015
A nice first episode, really enjoyable i liked the pace of it, also real chilling, and i really like the vibe from the 2 main characters :)
Apr 6, 2017 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Adorable characters with a very nice design. Nao Touyama singing both opening and ending is also great. The CGI was a little bit painful to watch though.
Apr 6, 2017 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
KayChan4U said:
I know anime is unrealistic but holy shit..THIS unrealistic?

He caught her eye and she's a cute girl, so he looked at her. Sounds like you're reading too much into it. I'm glad it's not the "average" romance considering the ones you listed are shit.
Apr 6, 2017 4:01 PM
Jun 2015
I just want to know what kind of rock band would name themselves "Happy End"
Apr 6, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
I found this first episode quite boring tbh, I have hopes it gets more interesting, but the main duo was a bit overly shy.
Apr 6, 2017 4:40 PM

Mar 2013
I love how there is a realistic-ness to it -- how the characters interact with each: the siblings, family, kids at school, kids you meet randomly not at school.
I was probably more shy then they were when I was in middle school. I hardly ever talked and was super nervous around kids I didn't know, especially boys xD
Really liking the slow-paced pure romance :>
KilikcliaApr 6, 2017 4:47 PM
Apr 6, 2017 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
I think the show would have been better off spending a bit more on character development then to overplay the "their eyes met" motif. There was what, 15 of them this episode? I know they want to move them into a relationship faster because that is probably where things get interesting, but that for me was the big drawback this episode. It was also too "Fatey".
Apr 6, 2017 4:51 PM

Jun 2011
Did they just animate my Middle School life? Because a lot of this, from the awkwardness of meeting your crush, looking at pervy mags, to nosy parents, hit so close to home. Unrealistic? You guys just had different lives.

I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Apr 6, 2017 4:57 PM

Jul 2015
finally a romance without a crazy tsundere
characters are cute both of them are quiet/shy
i'll continue watching this
Apr 6, 2017 5:00 PM

May 2015
Interesting and promising so far in my opinion. Quite innocent, nice music and nice character designs. Although, I gotta say that the use of CGI was quite evident.... Kinda distracting at moments, but alas.

So far, so good. This is one of the shows that seemed very interesting before the season started, so hoping it'll be a nice ride.

Apr 6, 2017 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
Seems like slice of life to me. I liked it. And the ending is lovely~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 6, 2017 5:04 PM
Jul 2014
This show is kirei... that's all I gotta say.
Apr 6, 2017 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
This first episode was a great one.
The Art is very cool and unique, it is CG but not very pronunced so it gives this "soft" feel.
The OST is calm and cool, loved it.
The characters are "normal", and that is what is great here, because in the ep, it is shown that the studio really understand the mind of teenagers, I mean, the group philosophy that divide a class, the embarassment of not knowing anyone, the importance of LINE (aka Smartphone, it's everywhere the same anyway) for nowadays teenagers and how parents can embarass their children xD
The story will most likely depicts how these two are going to date each other, and how the way teenagers are today will makes it difficult because they wouldn't want to be embarassed.

I'm really looking forward to this show :D
Apr 6, 2017 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
Alot of slow starts this season,not sure how I feel about this yet,will give it a few episodes before considering dropping it.

ED was cute with them slowly reaching each other's hand as time passed on.
Apr 6, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
Another disgusting looking cgi mess for this cour. More time saved.
Apr 6, 2017 5:42 PM

Jun 2015
Watched the entire episode with a big smile on my face. I had high expectations, and this is everything I wanted from a show like this.

Art reminds me of grimgar, deliberately messy and very unique. It's a calming art style great for a SoL type show.

characters remind me of a friendlier oregairu without the cynicism. Both families seem really great and comforting.

Most of all, every single character feels like a real human being and act organically. I love the pace, it's soothing in the same way that grimgar was last year.
Apr 6, 2017 5:56 PM

Sep 2012
i like this type of anime where it has no destination or goal to accomlish and like starting from how the mc meets the other and just going with flow on how things will work out.

have you experienced first meeting a girl you want to talk to but you can't because you are too shy to do so but some situations will occur for you to talk to that person, in this anime akane forgot to inform azumi about the tasks they all have to do and in that case akane must talk to him regarding the tasks.

tsuki ga kirei, just on the basis of the name it is so abstract that the plot or rather the synopsis doesn't need to explain the story of this anime. it makes me feel nostalgic and reminiscing my childhood by just watching it. slow pace animes like this one allows you to feel related and something similar to what you have done in elementary or grade school, it makes you wanna go back in your childhood and enjoy being a kid.

most of the animes recently which i have watched that has cg people walking or moving in the background and some of them dont even have a face, its not that i hate it but it bothers me since it is so obvious that it is cg.

overall, good start and i'll keep watching it hoping that something interesting will happen. great op btw it really blends in with the concept of the anime.

sorry for an unorganized comment, small letters, wrong grammars, and a long post xd
Apr 6, 2017 5:58 PM

Jul 2011
Haha that was SO cute, love a shy romance.
Apr 6, 2017 6:17 PM

Mar 2016
I just saw a tweet from Crunchyroll saying they added this show to their catalog if simulcasts and I'm glad I decided to watch it. It's interesting so far.

Okay so it obvious that his Akane girl has anxiety or something like it. And This Boi is some type of book-loving, cynic.

IceOfDarkness said:

Also, I don't know who he is, but his reaction in this scene may have just spoiled the potential drama this show will create later.

I agree... like some type of romantic rivalry (I'm hoping so :) )

I think the show has potential to be great so I'll keep watching!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 6:34 PM
Jan 2017
Let me start this review saying the episode moves veeeery slowly. Main characters just meet and can barely muster the strength to speak to one another, after that they avoid each other and it's only till the end they're able to have a natural conversation. It's a bit cliched but it could have been handled better. The character designs are pretty good and the backgrounds are realistically colored. The OP music is beautiful! Honestly, I might give this series a shot.
Apr 6, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
DatRandomDude said:
It was a pretty nice first episode. OP was pretty meh, but the ED was beautiful tho.
I'll keep watching.
So i guess Nao did a good and bad job then lol

though i'm curious as to why Touyama Nao is voicing the Teacher can only guess it's because shes already doing the music.

as for the show its seems okay pretty lighthearted, said going in i don't really care about romance between middle schoolers but i like their attempt at being somewhat simi-realistic with the shy and awkwardness during the dinning scene
Apr 6, 2017 7:08 PM

Oct 2014
hmm
- horrible 2D animation
- CG at every scene that requires population of bg charas
- half of the bg look like real life photos edited in photoshop using various effect
- annoying LINE advertisement like once every 5 min

Despite all flaws, this might actually be good.
Plot can either promise:
- a coming-to-age conflict between two humans growing up and gets attracted of learning about members of different sex,
- two humans trying to find the meaning of youth life, or
- a total romantic conflict between two lovers
(and what I mean is: it doesn't end at the usual confession finale scene, but the confession can happen midway through the story and the rest of the story is about them trying to face the truth about having a relationship: that it's not all sweet.)

I, for one, prefer #3, but that doesn't mean #2 & #1 can't be good, too. So, well, many things could happen.

Definitely staying. I haven't watch much this season, but so far this one is on the side of the better show for me.
Apr 6, 2017 7:10 PM

Jul 2016
Personally, I like that the two main characters are shy. Not to mention they included the guy's love of reading and the girl's love of track. I really hope they flesh out these characters and really make their hobbies count. Overall, this episode was cute, calm and relaxing. I am definitely going to continue this series.

The only thing I didn't like was the random CG on some of the characters, it just felt wrong.
Apr 6, 2017 7:46 PM

Oct 2016
I mean, it was pretty good. The characters aren't too bad. It's realistic and the backdrop and soundtrack is nice

but, the CGI is absolutely d i s g u s t i n g

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 6, 2017 7:53 PM

May 2015
Well, this was an average introduction. Nothing really stood out for me during this 1st episode. I really didn't care for most of the characters interactions and the directing was pretty meh.

I'm still hoping this will turn out to be a decent to good romance story(ies).

I liked the OP and ED's songs, but I thought both of them (conceptually) were pretty lackluster and poorly done. It is obvious that no effort and care went into creating them... whatsoever.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 6, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2015
KayChan4U said:
Wow this is bad. Like, really bad. The emotions are so fast paced, the animation is horrible for 2017, this isn't the average 'romance' like Kimi no Todoke, Sukitte ii na yo, Ao Haru Ride, Maid-Sama, Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun etc etc

I'm debating whether I even want to continue watching this cause I had to force myself through the whole first ep which was just boring. Normally these types of shows have it so it's one or the other falling for the opposite character first. Most likely the girl first. But just randomly seeing each other in certain places and they both automatically just end up in dokis? I know anime is unrealistic but holy shit..THIS unrealistic?

Call me critical if you want but this is just such a poor excuse for a romance series. That's my opinion.

Yeah, I don't see what you're on about here. The only bad thing in the episode was the CGI background characters.

Apr 6, 2017 8:13 PM
Nov 2016
It was a pretty good Episode. Feels bright and heartwarming. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Apr 6, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2016
IceOfDarkness said:

Lol he looks like the potential "senpai love interest" in the upcoming episodes.We need to keep an eye on him ;)
Ahegyao said:
Did they just animate my Middle School life? Because a lot of this, from the awkwardness of meeting your crush, looking at pervy mags, to nosy parents, hit so close to home. Unrealistic? You guys just had different lives.

Couldn't agree more to you.I mean the way you will enjoy this episode depends if you have experienced this in real life.
Apr 6, 2017 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
A shoujo. but the opening & opening is beautiful

but pretty episode.
Apr 6, 2017 8:57 PM

Sep 2015
Reminds me of what happened to me last year. Me and this girl caught each other eyes a couple times and I tried to avoid her gaze before things got complicated but she ended thinking I had a crush on her and we kept on locking eyes. This got resolved couple months ago gladly.
Apr 6, 2017 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
Pure school romance played straight with no comedy. Fairly rare to see.
I liked this first episode, realistic character interactions.
Very quiet male lead.
Apr 6, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2009
Might be a nice love story.
Apr 6, 2017 9:58 PM

Jul 2014
This was so cute.

Parents please, don't do that!
Apr 6, 2017 10:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This was one of the PVs for this season that caught my attention, but the first episode was, like a few mentioned already, painful to watch. I like shy characters because they're easy to relate to for me, but Akane pushed my buttons in this episode. I got a bit angry at how she didn't ask Kotarou for his LINE, like wtf. There's a limit to shyness. It's not an optional thing for her to ask for his LINE, she was in charge of adding everyone to the LINE group, and because she didn't do her job despite having the opportunity to do so, he got in trouble. Yes he didn't really mind and he didn't exactly get yelled at either, but I've been in a similar position where I was basically Kotarou and that pissed me off. I guess my anger comes mostly from personal experience, though because of it I didn't enjoy the episode.

Hopefully the next episode will be better for me, lol. But it was too fate-y for me as well, not saying that it couldn't happen irl.
Apr 6, 2017 10:47 PM

May 2015
zyke said:
Another disgusting looking cgi mess for this cour. More time saved.

It doesn't warrant a 3 just because of that.

Apr 6, 2017 10:58 PM
Sep 2015
I'm hoping for more out of this anime Via Character Development, Romance, and all the pureness it can bring out to cure my wretched dark self 😂💙
Apr 6, 2017 11:26 PM

Oct 2016
The cgi/animation made me want to cry a little. If you want to watch this as an artist, do yourself a favour and have something to distract you from how messed up it is.

I guess it tries to give off a 'cute' feeling, but I wasn't impressed. The characters are frustrating to watch, and this comes from someone who was painfully shy during middle school.
Apr 6, 2017 11:40 PM

Jun 2013
She's gonna enjoy squeezing something else by the end of this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 6, 2017 11:51 PM
Sep 2016
cwtgcheese said:
KayChan4U said:
I know anime is unrealistic but holy shit..THIS unrealistic?

He caught her eye and she's a cute girl, so he looked at her. Sounds like you're reading too much into it. I'm glad it's not the "average" romance considering the ones you listed are shit.

This.

I usually avoid any anime that has the tag romance in it nowadays because I find them disgusting at best, but this is actually how a romance anime should be done, imo.
Apr 6, 2017 11:53 PM
Aug 2011
-Trippwire- said:

at this pace she's going to be squeezing his pinky finger

I don't dislike it (and damn it's slow, which I actually don't mind) but I feel like i'll get nothing of value out of this. Kind of like Isshuukan Friends which just amounted to a another completed and largely forgotten entry as far as i'm concerned.
Apr 6, 2017 11:55 PM
Sep 2016
stand said:
-Trippwire- said:

I don't dislike it (and damn it's slow, which I actually don't mind) but I feel like i'll get nothing of value out of this. Kind of like Isshuukan Friends which just amounted to a another completed and largely forgotten entry as far as i'm concerned.

I think it's gonna be a very similar kind of anime, even though this one could possibly be more about romance but you got it right imo.
Apr 6, 2017 11:55 PM

Jun 2013
stand said:
-Trippwire- said:

Lol that's true. They just might be on track to be worse than Rikka and Yuuta.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2017

132 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.