Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much a finale that resolves most of the conflicts in this show.

In general, I think the show developed Ouriku as a much more mature character. A new journey begins as well so the show feels more or less kinda open ended.
Mar 26, 2017 2:58 AM
Feb 2016
Was a great show, but I keep thinking that we need a Season 3 :D
Mar 27, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2015
still can't find source for english subbed ep 12
Mar 27, 2017 11:16 PM

Dec 2016
I really liked that part at the end where it had the flashbacks of Ouriko growing up, music was very nice.

Pretty good series overall.

I didn't mind the serious direction this season had compared to the fun and sillyness the 1st had.
Mar 28, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2014
the farewell to his parents and the entire flashback surrounding it was something that was beyond my expectations...

Mar 30, 2017 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
Good show, but I didn't like this season NEARLY as much as the first....I thought it lacked the comedy that I loved from the first season. Still a good show, but I felt a little let down.

7/10
Mar 31, 2017 4:30 PM

Feb 2014
I think the show deserves hundred episodes, as novel is much more ahead of it. Shame that it will never be, but at least this is popular in Japan
Apr 23, 2017 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, he planned everything. Nice flashbacks :). The last scene with the father was very nice too, I'm happy that he finally knows how his son is awesome.

It was a very good season, even better than the first one. Ouriku development was constant during the whole show and I like how he seemed more mature at the end.
I am looking forward to the third season
Jun 24, 2017 4:00 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't enjoy this one like I did with the first season. Many times I had to pause in order to understand what's going on but I still didn't get it completely. Overall 5/10
Aug 11, 2017 4:09 AM
Dec 2012
Best anime of 2017 yet. Need season 3 and more Obu.
Aug 20, 2017 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
Imprisoned for 32 years? 32 years without Rei in his life? NO!!!!!!!
Of course Ouriku is innocent.
Ouriku owned.
lol Ouriku playing dumb to his parents.
WTF! A younger brother? Ouriku questions his existence as he watches his parents focus the baby.
Ouriku looks sad as shit.
Don't listen to Ouchu's lies. He would have chopped your head off.
lol at Ruri.
Dat hug.
Dat flashback.
His dad most likely figured it out.
Ouriku stares at the mountain.

And that was the end of Season 2. I must say I enjoyed Season 1 much more, but S2 was good. I hope Season 3 happens so I can see more Ouriku x Rei. Rei is perfection. I'll miss you.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 25, 2017 7:19 AM
Apr 2014
All in all it didn't turn out as bad as it looked after the first half. Although I can't really see how his sect is going to turn out much better than the one he destroyed now that the leaders of that are basically in charge again.

First season was a lot better but this was enjoyable, too. Definitely was missing Oubu though.
Dec 18, 2017 3:03 AM

Nov 2012
I'm glad his parents (at least his father) got to know the leader was him.

This season vastly differed from the previous one, but it still was really enjoyable. Hoping for season 3 now!
May 8, 2018 6:30 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm the ending was alright, but I didn't really enjoy this second season as much as the first.

4/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2018 12:10 AM

Jun 2011
Didn't enjoy this season as much as the first season as well, but it turned out to be much better than I initially expected, with the entire season dedicated to this whole trial arc. Definitely missed the comedy in the first season.

This season showcase Oriku's amazingness and it's great. The series skipped a few stuffs making the story hard to follow sometimes, as well as the poor translation (still grateful to the translators). Hopefully we'll get even more anime adapted from chinese manhua from now on, but with the chinese names intact. (Douluo Dalu/Wu Dong Qian Kun pls)

Gotta watch Tales of Demons and Gods someday.

Shame I couldn't find the OST on youtube, the OST in the show was pretty great.
ToG25thBaamAug 13, 2018 12:14 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 21, 2022 1:54 AM
Jun 2020
Complicated, horrible, and very bad. And why did they change the animation style? It made it look like some anime from early 2000. And the "dark theme" didn't go well with this story.
For god's sake, this anime had a comedy tag on it, I couldn't find a single instance of it. The first season was meh but this season was beyond dissapointing.
Apr 19, 2022 6:06 AM

May 2020
Well, sequel didn't bring a good vibe but to see that Ouriku parent know finally the master is him. Ouriku is beyond the ordinary and doing unexpected thing. His cheat prove to other people not for his self. Village going well and he is really did all things ahead from the elder. Good job, thought will be have a romance with Rei lel.
Aug 5, 2023 4:32 AM
May 2022
Unpopular opinion this was better than season 1 just because this showed how Ooriku isn't really a full fledged good guy (thing that was masked by s1 comedy since he did question Oubu hatred for Shichi Blood boiling usage) showing how deeper he is as a character since he took away people life span to fulfill their dreams and never doubted despite how questionable that is and i loved the whole approach he had to the exam making a whole sect and taking in the ones that hit a wall to enlighment and this season also showed how manipulative and still weak he is (fighting wise) managing to beat his enemies by using their own doubts there is lots to praise and also whoever says this season had no comedy there were some episodes like him cross dressing or rei being called flat chested ecc... totally deserves a season 3 many side characters are on a cliffhanger on relations and development and Ooriku despite having matured still need to master his bone tecnique.

More topics from this board

» Reikenzan season 3 when? Will it happen?

Hey-lee - Aug 5, 2023

4 by Hey-lee »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

8 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 2022 5:23 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2017

6 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

4 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 2022 4:28 AM

Poll: » Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2017

10 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 2022 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.