Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Wraith Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2017 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Last chapter has been translated.

What a finale! So much happened this chapter. There was another time reset before Rebellion that we didn't even know about until now. I wonder if any of this chapter will be linked back to into whatever becomes of the Concept movie? And we know how Homura remembers Madoka and why the Kyuubeys are so interested in Homura.

This was a good interesting manga spinoff, overall. The most important of all the Madoka spinoffs by far. Seems like there is still enough left unresolved that we might see references to this again. I hope so away.
Jun 21, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
I was not disappointed by the last chapter, even if it was a lot to take in at once. Maybe I am just confused, but this means that Homura didn't have a concrete plan to become her devil-self and "acquire" Madoka, at least at this point? So I think she comes up with these thoughts in this "new wraith arc" after the reset.

Either way, it's been a really good story with great artwork (as usual). I give it a 9/10!
Dec 3, 2017 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
The Different Story was okay but this one sucked. What a confusing mess.
IsaidlunchOct 29, 2018 4:42 AM
Jan 17, 2018 1:54 PM

Oct 2017
Ending was kinda meh and confusing. But still good overall.
Sep 5, 2018 3:40 PM
Sep 2015
Isaidlunch said:
The Different Story was okay but this one sucked.

Preach! It was too confusing to me and the explanation didn't make any sense.
I finished the different story yesterday and I finished this one today.
It really sucks because I still don't understand how Homura became a witch.

The art style was good, the plot was messy, Mami was cool as always. This gets a 7/10.

Also, for the guys that call this a spinoff, it's in fact a canon story between the anime series and Rebellion. Spinoffs usually show the anime timeline in which Homura tries to save Madoka all over again. This manga is different.
Nov 19, 2019 11:12 AM
Dec 2018
I'n not disappointed by it since I wasn't expecting any signs of sequel from this. It's confusing though, you surely don't get it in single read. Also I feel the translations are not perfect. But the fact that Homura was no longer a magical girl affects by the same laws that govern other magical girls is explained quite well. Her new powers come from Madokami, and her second wish (the second miracle to be precise, since Homura didn't wish for it, it was just granted to her by Madoka) was completed by Homura Two when Homura asked to lend her power. That somewhat explains why her soul gem didn't disappear in the end.

There's only one thing that bothers me though; why was the bow of memory manipulation given to Homura?
Oct 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
What a waste of time, I totally got tricked when people said that it serves as a connection between the original story and the sequel - 10 weird chapters and the finale abolishes 99% of everything that happened, not least of which the consequences of Homura's irresponsible actions. And as if to spite us even more, the world reset to the point after Sayaka dies.

Also, how did that Witch come to be in the first place? Isn't Madoka's sole purpose a this moment to stop girls from becoming witches? It's not that she's in the previous world and Homura is in this one, there is only one world and Madoka is here with a purpose(at least before the point she comes to erase herself maybe), not just because a hypothetical Homura witch exists in the shield.
Apr 29, 2023 6:52 AM

Oct 2016
For me, a pointless adittion to the franchise, nothing of substance was added before Rebellion, and the best bits (exploring more Sayaka and Kyouko) was done better in the Different Story manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 6 Discussion

removed-user - Nov 9, 2016

4 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Apr 29, 2023 6:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 8 Discussion

Leigh39 - Jun 21, 2017

2 by Meritas »»
Aug 11, 2020 4:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 7 Discussion

removed-user - Nov 11, 2016

2 by Meritas »»
Aug 11, 2020 4:12 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 2 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 28, 2016

3 by Meritas »»
Jul 18, 2020 5:34 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: Majuu-hen Chapter 1 Discussion

Leigh39 - Jun 18, 2017

2 by Meritas »»
Jul 18, 2020 4:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.