Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this Masaru kid starts to learn more about Hand Shakers and his partner...

I'm not really impressed by the character relationship development yet. Masaru and Koyori's character chemistry so far feels awkward. A normal kid with a not so-normal girl together in the baths....yeah. The fan service was somewhat censored so I expect BDs to be less tame. The action will probably return soon again too.
Jan 17, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2016
I guess this was better than the first episode (still wasn't good though.)
The relationship aspect really isn't getting to me and the music whilst good all just feels the same. The opening was ok but didn't really hint to anything that's gonna happen in the future.
And a loli has now entered the scene; how grand.
Jan 17, 2017 10:45 AM

May 2012
Loads better than the first episode for sure. Not too really exciting, but some character development for both Tazuna and Koyori. I'm also liking how Koyori isn't going to be some dead weight or something from how fast a learner she appeared this episode.

I'm really hoping that the future battles in ziggurat(?) aren't as horendous looking as the first episode, because other than that, I think the anime looks fine overall

Legal loli enters and the game.

Liking the OP and really digging the ED

Jan 17, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
Well after that sizzlingly-hot intense battle, I guess it's time for some "break from the fight and bonding time" episode. Since Tazuna and Koyori haven't talk to each other before. INSTEAD, they're both have to hear some "Definitions, Terms and Rules" about becoming a hand shaker from a mad scientist.
Well at least Tazuna's parent can that easily deceived with that exchanging student program. So I guess there will be no major problem in the house. You can do it Tazuna, no need to feel awkward. Just think Koyori as a three-year old kid and not your sister at the picture that needs to be taught about "everything". Seriously, everything.

Did Makishima just quit from Sohoku bicycle club and do a face surgery to become a mad scientist? LOL. Just kidding.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 17, 2017 10:47 AM
Jan 2016
Just had to say that if next episode is as bad at this one i will delete this anime from my list xD This episode was boring af and the animation and the characters are not good enough...
Jan 17, 2017 10:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I must be one of the few then who thought this episode was even worse than episode 1.

Vague as fuck explanations from the dude at the beginning about Hand Shakers.

The parents are the most...uh...easy going parents i have ever seen, like what?

Very, very awkward to watch scenes as soon as the MC's went to the bath (i knew, something like this would have to come, but it was so bad to watch)

And the looping OST's were obnoxious.
Jan 17, 2017 11:17 AM

Jun 2012
Dropped........
Jan 17, 2017 11:18 AM

May 2016
I´ve found the answer!Hand Shakers is actually inspired by Ed, Edd & Eddy!

Both Plank and the girl have the same physique and personality
Jan 17, 2017 11:48 AM

Apr 2016
At this point it feels like GoHands have no idea what they're doing or are going to do with this series. It's a shame though, i had some expectations even though i didn't expect it to be something great or AOTS, but at least i thought it was going to be entertaining. The OST is probably the only good thing about this show.
Jan 17, 2017 11:59 AM

Dec 2014
I am also thinking of dropping it....
Jan 17, 2017 12:17 PM
Oct 2015
I hate this show, I hate it, but I will force myself through it because I hate to drop anime.
Jan 17, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
The only good thing about this episode was the dudes parents flirting with each other lol
Jan 17, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
Some more info about Hand Shakers. Seeing how Masaru and Koyori interact was hard to watch. It was very awkward.
Jan 17, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
I'm actually a little disappointed. The first episode was garbage, but everything that made it garbage was intentional. The motion sickness inducing camera pans, the cg chains, and the jiggle (more like tremor really) were all intentionally done by the creators. I wanted to keep watching this because I wanted to see how this trainwreck would turn out, like Big Order last year, because I watch garbage at times to see how it sprawls or to remind myself what garbage is. So now that it looks like it's trying to fix itself it'd better get better all the way to the end without dipping, cause then I'd feel gyped to not get my trashy show to laugh at.
Jan 17, 2017 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
Why can't this dumb MC realize that literally everything would've been easier if he had just pretended that they're dating ;_;

I hate the characters and fanservice. I liked the first episode more.

Overall it's a terrible anime, but maybe i won't drop it, let's see how much worse can this get.
Jan 17, 2017 12:55 PM
Mar 2016
Very slow..........................................
Jan 17, 2017 12:59 PM

Aug 2015
Professor Makihara explains a little more the "Hand Shakers" even if Koyori is different from the others. Tazuna must always hold Koyori's hand. And normally if you understand this, you will inevitably think of somewhat perverse scenes. The scene of the bath shows us later.
The Tazuna's parents are much like those of Keita in Kiss X Sis and are completely indifferent when they see their son holding hands of an unknown girl and take her bath with her.

I'm disappointed that they haven't shown us a scene where Tazuna washing all parts of Koyori, it could have been interesting. (By removing the censorship) They should give their all!
This passage reminded me of the Okusama ga Seitokaichou OAV.

The animation is more bearable than the previous episode but the movements aren't very natural and expressionless faces.

The music is great and I love the music with the piano around 9:30

1/5
TuyNOMJan 17, 2017 1:33 PM
Jan 17, 2017 1:00 PM

Sep 2016
Better than the first episode. No over-use abundance of CGI here thank god. Focused more on world building which honestly felt a bit weak. But I am curious about how the relationship will grow for the pair.
Jan 17, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2016
Hm, I had really hoped that the series will get better soon. Maybe next episode? ;)

After all, I would like to know what is happening.
There are still a lot of unanswered questions (and until now, I'm still interested in what will happen.).

The scientist is the strangest fugir I know. He does not really know anything, but would like to know everything? WHY?
Why, he then knows that Tazuna can fulfill a wish when he defeats all the hand shakers. Is he still concealing something?

The parents are also just extremely unrealistic. Sometimes I feel the anime is just a big joke.
Jan 17, 2017 1:29 PM
Nov 2015
the animation improved. it's a miracle.
Jan 17, 2017 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
*Sighs* The rating is low, people are sure sensitive when it comes to anime ^w^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this Masaru kid starts to learn more about Hand Shakers and his partner...

I'm not really impressed by the character relationship development yet. Masaru and Koyori's character chemistry so far feels awkward. A normal kid with a not so-normal girl together in the baths....yeah. The fan service was somewhat censored so I expect BDs to be less tame. The action will probably return soon again too.
It's TAZUNA, not Masaru -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2017 2:00 PM
Jan 2017
I knew this would be less than stellar, but I didn't expect so many characters to get lifted from other series and dumped into this one. It's like Character Tropes: The Anime. At least the animation improved. Points off for stealing SFX from transformers though.

Also, if it somehow turns out that girl ISN'T his sister come back from "the other side" to win the ziggurat and wish her back to life I will be STUNNED.
Jan 17, 2017 2:18 PM
Sep 2014
That bath scene gave me secondhand embarrassment. So bad it's good. Holy fug
Jan 17, 2017 2:24 PM
Jan 2016
If you're going to hold her hand 24/7, just say you two are dating and the girl is scared shitless of all guys except for you, it will make things easier for you boy...
It's really silly how dedicated the Japanese to that whole "we're not dating" thing. It pops up much every single damn time any anime romance happens.
Jan 17, 2017 2:28 PM

Dec 2016
Better than last week.

So he has to hold her hand practically forever or she dies. A bit harsh isn't it?

It was always going to be difficult for him trying to live a normal everyday life.

that was one epic nose bleed.
Jan 17, 2017 2:58 PM

May 2015
Bad episode. This is going to be such a chore to watch. The pain of not dropping shows.

Jan 17, 2017 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
My god this is so bad xD

I'll drop this and come back later to see if they improved something.
Jan 17, 2017 3:27 PM

Jan 2008
All that exposition and yet the all the important details of her living with him are skipped. Reasons being 'because adults can do that'. Then spending a quarter of the episode going into detail about bathing together instead. Looks like she wears pretty flashy lingerie though.

It's a shame she isn't as loli as that girl at the end. Then she could just hang on him so he could still use his hands.

Seems like they stopped with the scenic shots.

Showing the image of the family/sister then jumping to her scar. Lol if she ends up being a modified version of his sister who died.
PaulJan 17, 2017 3:43 PM
Jan 17, 2017 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
Love the Op Ed and Ost
Jan 17, 2017 3:34 PM

Sep 2015
This thing couldn't get worse.
*Gets worse*

Well, I'm gonna complaint a little. After all that's the only reason I keep watching this.
-So, it was stated like five times that the girl would die if he lets go of her hand, but generic MC number 972732 let go of her two times and she is still alive. How does that work? Serious question.
-I'm pretty sure Japan have no idea how brazilian people look. It's not like an albino couldn't be brazilian, but come on!
-Whose parents let their children in the bathroom with someone of the opposite sex?
-Please kill the professor. He's annoying as fuck.
-So there are hand shakers all around the world, but all of them happen to be Japanese? Ok...
-How the fuck does professor know all those things?
-The OP looks ugly as fuck.
-Overall, this felt like a filler episode.

But let me say something positive: it's nice to see a MC with both parents alive. Seriously.

You just lost the game
Jan 17, 2017 3:39 PM

Oct 2015
NightmarishNeko said:
I hate this show, I hate it, but I will force myself through it because I hate to drop anime.
I love the logic behind people like you
Jan 17, 2017 3:42 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the mc's power is to manipulate gears then eh
interesting power indeed

Hmm that was a pretty good first battle
Nice opening theme as well
pretty catchy

im guessing that because they have to fight as a pair that their powers are derived from the bonds that the hand shakers share then

Lol yea thats one of the awkward situations that i meant lol
since they can't be separated then they have to be together even when they go to the wc

So Koyori is reluctant to speak then eh
hmm so battles fought in the Ziggurat aren't fatal then eh
good to know
Hmm so if they hear the voice of the babel then they become handshakers eh

quite the sketchy reason there lol
But it seems that they don't know much about this power either eh
quite the eccentric character the scientist is eh

hmm so those that are defeated also lose their powers then eh
hmm so there's a chance of them becoming lost in that virtual world then if they lose

Kinda like destiny eh in that the mc showed up when he did and held Koyori's hand and completing that contract

Lol so because of that they have to live together eh
lol well they managed to solve the problems with the parents pretty fast
adults do work fast eh lol

hmm so thats the cover story for Koyori eh
that she's a exchange student from Brazil lol
Tezuna's parents though are quite funny

Koyori's kinda cute though
she's like a child actually
lol the mc and Koyori are kinda cute together

lol guess they need to both learn how to live like that eh
lol the mc accidentally undressed her lol
But jokes aside that will be a problem for them both
Couldn't he got his mother to undress her though

Koyori is like a newborn child eh
abriet a grown teenager

Lol Koyori's cuteness will make her popular in school as well

Lily is as kind as ever
She's like the ideal SU council president
warm, pretty and welcoming
Lol Lily's tarot cards though are pretty accurate sometimes

Hmm and a new girl appears thats also rather short lol
and lol she's actually the boss eh

Wow that ending theme was hauntingly beautiful

A good episode that explained a bit about the reason why the mc was able to wake Koyori and why he was able to use powers like that. It also shows the start of the relationship between Tezuna and Koyori who i find to be pretty enchanting. Seeing them get to know each other will no doubt be a central theme for this anime.
Jan 17, 2017 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
Cishet said:
*Gets worse*

Well, I'm gonna complaint a little. After all that's the only reason I keep watching this.
-So, it was stated like five times that the girl would die if he lets go of her hand, but generic MC number 972732 let go of her two times and she is still alive. How does that work? Serious question.
- I'm pretty sure Japan have no idea how brazilian people look. It's not like an albino couldn't be brazilian, but come on!
-Whose parents let their children in the bathroom with someone of the opposite sex?
-So there are hand shakers all around the world, but all of them happen to be Japanese? Ok...

But let me say something positive: it's nice to see a MC with both parents alive. Seriously.

Oh come on you, depending on the part of Brazil there are a lot people of full germanic ancestry. It's not impossible, you know.
Jan 17, 2017 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Showing the image of the family/sister then jumping to her scar. Lol if she ends up being a modified version of his sister who died.

Now that would be interesting if that is the case.
On that family picture his mother was holding his sister's hand and after hearing their son's screaming from the bathroom they said it reminded them of the past so maybe his parents actually know what is happening but are feigning ignorance, but I'm probably overthinking it.
Jan 17, 2017 4:18 PM

Sep 2016
Dictator said:
Cishet said:
*Gets worse*

- I'm pretty sure Japan have no idea how brazilian people look. It's not like an albino couldn't be brazilian, but come on!

Oh come on you, depending on the part of Brazil there are a lot people of full germanic ancestry. It's not impossible, you know.
i've never met silver haired german
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 17, 2017 4:22 PM

Sep 2015
Dam his parents are cool asf.
Jan 17, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2011
With the lack of hilarious boob physics and action scenes, this episode was just a damn bore. The only saving grace is the soundtrack but that's not enough when everything else is bland and generic af. And that op was probably the worst I've seen in a long time.
Jan 17, 2017 4:35 PM

Sep 2015
Dictator said:

It's not impossible, but I'm Latin American and I can tell you for sure that when people talk about us they don't expect us to be, you know, that white.
Clearly picking an European country was a better option.

You just lost the game
Jan 17, 2017 4:51 PM

Jul 2011
Cishet said:

It's not impossible, but I'm Latin American and I can tell you for sure that when people talk about us they don't expect us to be, you know, that white.

Half our population consists of white people so it's honestly very common to find people as pale as her. Source: me, a pale brazilian.
Jan 17, 2017 5:34 PM

Nov 2013
Harii said:
Cishet said:

Half our population consists of white people so it's honestly very common to find people as pale as her. Source: me, a pale brazilian.

Besides that, Brazil is probably the best country for Koyori's cover story. Brazil saw the settlement of a large number of japanese immigrants in the beginning of the 20th century, and it is currently the country with the largest ethnic Japanese population outside Japan.

So yeah, a third generation Japanese immigrant from Brazil? More likely than you think.
Jan 17, 2017 5:38 PM

Mar 2016
Harii said:
Cishet said:

@Harii but your profile says Sweden...
No seriously.
Jan 17, 2017 5:38 PM

Nov 2016
I have a feeling that koyori is somehow masaru's sister
Jan 17, 2017 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
bananyaishope said:
@Harii but your profile says Sweden...

Because I lived in Sweden when I set up my MAL profile and haven't bothered to change it since I moved back to Brazil
Jan 17, 2017 6:34 PM

Sep 2015
JGChaves said:
Harii said:

Besides that, Brazil is probably the best country for Koyori's cover story. Brazil saw the settlement of a large number of japanese immigrants in the beginning of the 20th century, and it is currently the country with the largest ethnic Japanese population outside Japan.

So yeah, a third generation Japanese immigrant from Brazil? More likely than you think.

I had no idea about the Japanese thing, so forget what I said.

Although I still find the "she comes from other country" thing kinda silly because she doesn't know portuguese for shit and her facial features are probably the ones of a japanese. If the point of the lie was covering the fact that she can't talk they could just said that she was mute. She understands japanese after all. In fact, is a better move since she would call less attention.
CishetJan 17, 2017 7:31 PM

You just lost the game
Jan 17, 2017 6:53 PM

Nov 2014
The animation this time wasn't too jarring. If the fight scenes can maintain this, it wouldn't be too bad.

Other than that, nothing special happens, emotionless girl that can't take care of herself moves into the house, parents casually skipped over with an explanation that makes no sense, the chemistry between the 2 characters is so awkward because she doesn't talk... Nothing impressing.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 17, 2017 6:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The lolicons are gonna love this anime lol, that little girl at the end looks like she's 9

Anyway, this episode was better than ep 1, and minus that bath scene, it was pretty decent imo.....I really like the MC's parents too

The plot is meh but we'll see how entertaining it can get
Jan 17, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
Soooo they ain't gon explain what the Scientist guy told dudes parents though?

The whole holding hands concept is whack as fuck, and is a weak excuse to add echii scenes with a brain dead girl. smh

Not as much terrible animation but equally loaded with crappy plot and such.
Jan 17, 2017 7:45 PM

Nov 2015
Boring episode. The parents are cool.

Jan 17, 2017 7:55 PM

Apr 2015
Am I gonna be that one weirdo who actually enjoys this series? I just take it for what it is, a fun series where you can just turn off your brain for a moment and enjoy the visuals and music. Maybe its cause I'm a hobbyist musician and artist who's rather impressed by the audaciousness and rather expensive/time consuming art that is quiet high-end for an anime. I didn't find this one boring at all. I'm just glad to see that they are still keeping in some room to develop characters out of action.

It's also interesting to see that this series has had quiet a uniform rating scale from 1-10 that is so different to how regular anime on this site are received. It's almost mirrored from 1-5 to 6-10 but slightly heavier on the negative side.

That's my POV but surely there must be others enjoying this, they probably just don't want to get bashed in this discussion xD

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.