Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2021 11:28 PM

Sep 2020
I have no words to describe how much I loved this movie. It's perfect in every possible way. It deserves no less than a perfect score 10/10.
Nov 7, 2021 2:21 AM

Jan 2021
I'm really really sad, after so many things that Qiu did and risked for Chun's safety (and Kun's.. because Chun wanted to save Kun) in the end he STILL got a cruel ending.

It's like someone wants to save their loved one by risking their life when the person being helped destroys the world to save someone else.

The animation is great and amazing but I think there are some things that are lacking in the storyline... like less explored and explained more deeply.. or is the story a bit messy..? I don't know how to explain it but it looks like something is not right with the pace and how the story is delivered... especially the meaning/message of the story.

But still good to watch and I still cry when I see Qiu sacrifice his life at the end.
hanakocheeksNov 7, 2021 2:33 AM

Feb 9, 2022 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
ok but why the fuck is this tagged as romance lmao? The only semblance of romance is that very small bit towards the end where qiu calls her cute and then she immediately brotherzones him F. oh well, at least he simps right until the end

anywho my god that art/environment was fantastic, really loved how beautiful that world was

but unfortunately that's pretty much where it all ends. Pacing was super quick, as some others mentioned it felt like it was just jumping from plot point to plot point in an effort to cram as many points as it can. Like what was even the point of that rat lady "being free" and ending up escaping to the human world at the end?

also Chun started growing lesser and lesser on me as the film progressed, it was clear she did not give a flying fuck about anything apart from kun lol. That's one thing I do dislike about these kinds of "child fucks up" type of stories, there's never really many lasting consequences. I guess in fairness qiu dies (and gets reincarnated), but she still manages to save everyone from the flooding, gets Kun back to the human world (where his pp at tho) and even gets to join him in the end. I think it would be a much better story to at least have some form of lasting consequence that doesn't get insta solved kek

5/10, mainly because of the art
May 1, 2022 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Niveen_Sleem said:
I didn't expect the movie to be this amazing and breathtaking. I'm really glad I watched it and it's a shame that it's not popular. It's on par with Kimi no Na wa.
Yeah you have no taste if you think thisis as good as your name ( but i guess this your opinion) regardless it’s a mediocre story that’s been done too many times and in those many times I’ve seen better. If you want a fight you got one
May 2, 2022 2:48 PM

Jun 2015
lol36012 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:
I didn't expect the movie to be this amazing and breathtaking. I'm really glad I watched it and it's a shame that it's not popular. It's on par with Kimi no Na wa.
Yeah you have no taste if you think thisis as good as your name ( but i guess this your opinion) regardless it’s a mediocre story that’s been done too many times and in those many times I’ve seen better. If you want a fight you got one

If you know that this is my opinion, why did you write the comment in the first place? It doesn't make sense eh? And yes this is as good as your name visually. The same vibrant color scheme style. And don't bring up mediocre story because Kimi no Na wa is just two repeated to death concepts mashed together, yet the whole world adores it, me included. I might not like the movie as much if I rewatch it now, but it definitely was an experience for me when I first watched it five years ago. so why don't you mind your own business. This is a forum to discuss the movie, not to discuss my personal preferences. Seriously who hurt you?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 29, 2022 11:39 AM
Jan 2022
DracoXXX said:
Chun is the worst. I hate her.i fucking hate that women. She is a real bitch who only cares about what she wants & takes everything that Qui does for her granted. Even after Qui passing away she doesn't waste a minute mourning him & instead goes straight after kun.I've never hated an anime Female MC this much in my whole life
Qui was perfect simply the best
A very nice anime and animation was awesome
I wasn't expecting much from Chinese animation after watching a few of their animes but this was mind blowing

Girl preach i swear she is a fucking bitch Poor qiu and i hate protagonist she never asked of him wen he was away and how the hell did she fall in love with Kun that was just trash she doesn't know how much he suffered how many things his done for her and seriously she said Kun saved her life so she owed him. her life and want kin to be happy then wat about qiu he practically gave his life for your happiness and could have done it anytime and the rejection she went to far,FL just a selfish mudderfucking bitch
May 29, 2022 12:00 PM
Jan 2022
[quote=Lyrisia message=55919425]Su[quote=gitardja message=57780454]I wich you cucks would tag your netorare anime properly. I wished I never watched this shit, it's making me so fucking angry. That cuck Qiu sacrificed his life so his selfish crush can life happily ever after with her lover.

Seriously Qiu should just move on with his life and let the villagers lynch her for bringing catastrophe to their world.

Edit: rewatched the ending and apparently the gatekeeper guy revived Qiu to be his successor. Pretty good ending for him tbh.
Wat do u mean by good ending he is stocked in that place all alone not meeting anybody just like the gate keeper it just doesn't suit his personality
May 29, 2022 12:07 PM
Jan 2022
Idknymkre said:
I absolutely loved this movie. Just wish I hadn't read all yalls comments after hah. My heart definitely went out to Qiu, you're supposed to feel pain for him, but damn it's not like Chun led him on why are yall acting like she owes him her love? I could tell she didn't have feelings for him from the first horseriding scene where he says he came back for her and she was like why lol you shoulda just enjoyed yourself in the human realm no one asked you to come back for me. She didn't ask for any of the things he did, he did it all totally voluntarily. I loved his character because he definitely had weak moments where he resented Kun and felt like Chun owed him her love for everything he chose to do, but he wound up accepting that she didn't love him, it hurt, he still decided he wanted her to be happy. I love him he's more mature than yall commenters who disappoint me

One that was the beginning their relationship could have developed later on in the movie
Two Kun also saved her voluntarily and could have done than to anyother dolphin or human and if we are talking about their relationship i think qiu and Chun is more reasonable than Kun x Chun i mean before he died no affection towards her then wen he was a dolphin um excuse me no way am going to see dat as romance more like an animal and humans relationship
Nov 25, 2022 5:44 PM

Oct 2017
All I can say is that I feel incredibly sorry for Qiu and wished he'd get more love throughout the movie :/ He didn't deserve that ending at all, if the story had different ending I'd probably be more satisfied but overall nice movie ^^
"Okay so the first night is never usually that bad in any of the games so I'll play through-"

-Markiplier

May 19, 2023 9:46 PM

Sep 2021
What was the point of the rat queen taking the ocarina and going to the human world? That plot point had no purpose to the story. And why was there this weather catastrophe? The underworlders blame Kun, but it's not clear what they really know, and what the real cause is.
Dec 30, 2023 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
Beautiful animation, but I feel bad for Qiu.

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Chun's family's house is based on tulou (Hakka communal house) in Fujian

Khashishi - Jul 7, 2023

0 by Khashishi »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:54 PM

» First 10 Minutes of the Film

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2014

8 by Sapphire »»
Oct 30, 2016 1:13 AM

» Release Date Finalised

sauveterre - Apr 19, 2016

4 by zetsu_shoren »»
Aug 8, 2016 11:44 PM

» Release Date Pushed Back to November 2015

Josh - Jan 4, 2013

13 by Paulo27 »»
Jan 17, 2016 10:37 AM

» Trailers

Eudaimonia - Jul 17, 2012

7 by zetsu_shoren »»
Aug 20, 2014 12:58 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.