Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 24, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
wow so Satou's self experiment of black marketing organs proved he can grow another and not die if his head is separated from the body... damn dude is hard to kill... you'd think they'd try to drown him under water or something
Dec 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
Loved the series, but the ending felt really underwhelming to me.
Nagai is an intelligent guy, but he couldn't beat Satou with strategy or wit at all, instead the victory was won only with a deus ex machina. I felt like this really hurt his sense of character.

I also agree with Takana, his character towards the end just doesn't make sense. I was sure he was just staying with Satou to take him down himself, but apparently not. It feels like his character traits were changed just so Satou would have someone to relay his thoughts to.

Satou escaping again wasn't necessary.

Still a good series, but the anime original weaknesses were certainly showing through in the last third.
Dec 24, 2016 2:58 PM

May 2012
This was a great ride. I read here that this season was mostly original content, so congratulations to Polygon Pictures for doing a good job.

Second season was better than the first one IMO. 8/10
I despise woke people.
Dec 24, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
Badass end to the show. Satou takes out Izumi but is stopped in the nick of time by Nagai. Tanaka returns to help out by fighting Izumi and Kou, while Satou took on Nagai. The cornered Nagai lets out his IBMs and they beat the crap out Satou. Liked how Satou ended up getting his head chopped off after threatening to do just that. Satou gets caught by the Americans but that's not enough to stop this badass bastard. He's free now. And poor Nagai has been called upon to aid in taking him out again. The kid will never return to his peaceful life at this rate.

I would have liked a seriously bad end where Satou takes over Japan lol. But I guess this happy ending works too. The ajins get their rights because the government finally realized that if they still act like faggots and deny them their rights, they might end up in the same shit again.

Overall, loved this show. The badassery was too good. Satou was awesome. The fights were pretty cool. The slow movements were off though, but the fights weren't. Liked the topic of discrimination they tackled here. If people aren't treated like people, shit like this might happen. The government was too late in giving ajins their rights and they should have done it ages ago. They tried to subdue Satou and friends to protect themselves and in the process, countless lives were lost, including important people of the country. The government trying to protect themselves along with their big name friends was also shown nicely. One of the best shows this year. Needs another season. Need more Satou badassery.
Dec 24, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
What chapter should I start reading at in the manga to start the story from where the two diverged?
Dec 24, 2016 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
shit that was epic i doubt we'll ever get another season but one can only hope
Dec 24, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2013
Cream_Soda said:
What chapter should I start reading at in the manga to start the story from where the two diverged?
Chapter 22 is the best place. There some similarities until chapter 29 tho
Dec 24, 2016 5:57 PM

Oct 2011
Very good show, glad I followed it to the end.
Dec 24, 2016 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder why they bothered to make an anime only final arc and still not have it be conclusive...
Dec 24, 2016 6:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, this anime original season managed to be more entertaining than the manga, Great work, Polygon! Can't wait to see how they adapt Blame!

8/10
Dec 24, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
so detaching the head off doesn't affect the personality or the conscious at all..hence proved

further having an insider in US troops is a good backup plan...

Dec 24, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2016
made me think of justice league
5/7

Dec 25, 2016 6:43 AM

May 2015
What an intense finale, and what a way to finish this great second season. I loved and enjoyed it more than the first season. It was such a thrilling and exciting ride! Absolutely one of my favorites this season. 10/10.

But did they end this season on an original note or just like in the manga?

Dec 25, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2015
I need more hahaha .. the most underrated anime of the year.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 25, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty intense! Probably my favorite of the Fall season.

That Ajin flood was epic!

Satou is one of my favorite villains now. While I hope we get a season 3, but now that we have anime original stuff in the story, I'm worried for how a s3 would go.
Dec 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 2016
Hi3i said:
So...technically we have now 3 different storys, Manga, Anime and Movie; Right?
Tell me more, do the manga and movies tell an entirely sifferent story using the same concept of Ajins&with the same characters, or are the stories similar but different in just a few places?
Dec 25, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
Oliemaar said:
Hi3i said:
So...technically we have now 3 different storys, Manga, Anime and Movie; Right?
Tell me more, do the manga and movies tell an entirely sifferent story using the same concept of Ajins&with the same characters, or are the stories similar but different in just a few places?

Movies and anime are the same.
Dec 25, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
Amazing season overall but not quite as good as the first imo. Ending felt a little too convenient. Can't wait for season 3!
Dec 25, 2016 3:56 PM

Nov 2015
The Episode was unbeatably epic *-* 10/10
Satou and Tosaki are a great creatures :v there must be seson 3
but , since Satou was beheaded , why does he still alive and the same personality ?
HikarieChanDec 25, 2016 5:43 PM
Dec 25, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2010
Why didn't the US forces use the gas? I thought they showed them about to set it off.
Dec 25, 2016 5:46 PM

Nov 2015
moonbelle98 said:
Why didn't the US forces use the gas? I thought they showed them about to set it off.

Because the Japanese forces said they will attack with weapons first , if it doesn't work then they will use the gas in less than 4 hours ( sorry my bad english ) however , Tosaki and his Kouhai contacted each other and solved the whole story too
Dec 25, 2016 6:58 PM
Jul 2016
I really enjoyed the second season of Ajin, they did everything to defeat Satou in the end. Kei used the same thing Nakamura did on the OVA, the IBM multiples. I was sad thinking that Satou had been defeated, but he and Tanaka can get rid in the end. Satou is my favorite villain of the year and I really enjoyed Tanaka's loyalty to Satou. 10/10
Dec 25, 2016 7:50 PM

Sep 2014
Satou is just too awesome!!! New game + start plz
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Dec 25, 2016 8:57 PM

Nov 2013
When I saw the news that Ajin would gain civil rights, I thought this was the end. But then when the plane blew up.. here we go again...
Dec 25, 2016 9:49 PM

May 2012
Would be great if the villain won. When the heros or anti-heros always wins there no excitement
Dec 25, 2016 11:51 PM

Nov 2015
Loved the episode up until the aftermath of the battle. Given how deeply ingrained the hate/lack of empathy for Ajin was, it wasn't believable that everyone would just flip their views 180 just because some compensatory laws were passed granting them rights; that everyone would be chill just cos the gov told them to be. I mean, they didn't know what happened that night, nor did they supposedly think of Ajin as legit people capable of independent thought from one another - they were just portrayed as a kinda...single, evil hive-mind thing. idk. Just seems a bit off.

This was surely a non-canon ending like the first season was, right? Twisted a few things around in an attempt to deliver a nicer finale? (I only read up until the part where Satou's side is raiding the last guy on the hitlist, a few back ago)
Dec 26, 2016 2:04 AM
Jan 2016
Orionite_ said:
Is there even a way to completely erase Ajin from existence ? You cut off Ajin's head but it regrows and as we saw it contains the same thinking and memories..?
When they showed Satou and Tanaka in costumes I thought that they are being sent to Space :D I guess this way they would totally be 'deleted' from planet.

Would like some explanation on how Ajin's came to be. Either in manga or next season if it happens..

Ajin age like normal humans, so eventually Satou will die of old age and not come back, unless he kept a part of himself on ice somewhere (at which point he will regenerate from that bodypart).

I don't remember if the anime showed the scene, but in the manga the professor explains that Ajin can regenerate with no loss to memory despite severe brain damage because the black matter they produce is theorized to store information - so when it regenerates the brain, it also refills it with any information that is lost.

This is a huge existential dilemma for Nagai, but Satou doesn't particularly care so he doesn't lose his head about losing his head.

Siljkus said:
So somebody have an idea how he blow up the plane, or somebody else helped him?
Because he got his head chopped off, and was raineddown with bullets from chopper, so he have new head now (so he couldn't hide timer/switch for bomb) and if there was a bomb in that body, I'm pretty sure there isn't now :D

There's no reason he wouldn't still have a bomb in his body, since it's the body the army took with them. Also being shot up wouldn't have done anything to the bomb, because recall that the yakuza was supplying Satou with C-4 explosives, if you look up the wiki on C-4 it states:
C-4 is very stable and insensitive to most physical shocks. C-4 cannot be detonated by a gunshot or by dropping it onto a hard surface. It does not explode when set on fire or exposed to microwave radiation.

So as long as the detonator wasn't damaged by the gunfire, he would still be able to trigger it. The camera is pointed at his chest and you can hear his heartbeat right after he grunted, so it's implying he triggered it by flexing a muscle in his chest or something; I can't really comment on how viable that would be to trigger a switch, but that's really no less unrealistic than pulling a grenade pin with your teeth (which is impossible).
Dec 26, 2016 2:43 AM

Dec 2013
ECHOnce said:
This was surely a non-canon ending like the first season was, right? Twisted a few things around in an attempt to deliver a nicer finale? (I only read up until the part where Satou's side is raiding the last guy on the hitlist, a few back ago)

Majority of the season has been original.
Dec 26, 2016 3:09 AM

May 2014
The enjoyment I got from this is pretty much like S1... So Satou's still alive?! Hoping for more angela X fripSide songs in the future

8/10

(Will there be a sequel or something? That ending was so unsatisfying)
Dec 26, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2012
It was some good level up
Dec 26, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
MysteriousBanana said:

So as long as the detonator wasn't damaged by the gunfire, he would still be able to trigger it. The camera is pointed at his chest and you can hear his heartbeat right after he grunted, so it's implying he triggered it by flexing a muscle in his chest or something; I can't really comment on how viable that would be to trigger a switch, but that's really no less unrealistic than pulling a grenade pin with your teeth (which is impossible).

The whump noise doesn't make a lot of sense for something being triggered, nor does the beeping sound. I mean, it would make more sense for it to be the other helicopter exploding and the radar lockon sound of a missile on his helicopter. At best it's confusing.

And it doesn't explain how an elderly Japanese aijin is a member of a US special forces team.
Dec 26, 2016 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
Not a bad finale for such a good series, Ajin is definitely one of the best shows of this year.
Btw are they planning for a third season? that last scene was weird, it felt like they noticed that they passed the episode's duration time and were like "screw it, let's just stop here"!
Dec 26, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
Much better than season 1 in my opinion. Satou is such a great villain, but like someone said, if there is no way to beat him this is going to get stale fast. But I will be looking forward to another season.

Also, about time that Nakano used his IBM. Keep watching this saying, you are an ajin, used your damn IBM. And I hope there is more of the winged ajin next season. Want to see him involved in the story more (I doubt they actually left for India).
Dec 26, 2016 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
Satou was and IS a badass. All this proved was that his actions were right. If he didn't do all that 'terrorist' shit then the bill wouldn't have been passed for the Ajins. I really don't see how he was the villain. His motives weren't pure but at the end of the day he got shit done.
Dec 26, 2016 10:28 PM

Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:
ECHOnce said:

Majority of the season has been original.
welp, guess my memory was off then; it seemed like it was following what I remembered generally. Like I recall the winged ajin showing up at the prison, the secret training with glasses dude, etc. Good to hear that tho
Dec 26, 2016 10:54 PM

Jul 2014
Inugirlz said:
Satou was and IS a badass. All this proved was that his actions were right. If he didn't do all that 'terrorist' shit then the bill wouldn't have been passed for the Ajins. I really don't see how he was the villain. His motives weren't pure but at the end of the day he got shit done.

Easy to look like a badass when everyone around you is spectacularly incompetent. The opposition he faced was silly, no anti-ajin force would be that ridiculously ill equipped or use such ridiculously stupid tactics even on a non-ajin.

If you think doing terrorist acts and killing lots of people got the bill to pass... wow... Go punch your mother in the face and see if that gets your allowance raised.

The "not having rights" thing made no sense in the first place.
SokahDec 26, 2016 11:11 PM
Dec 26, 2016 11:20 PM

Jun 2014
Oh my god Satou needs to fuck off already jesus what the hell was that ending anyway, is it gonna have another season of more Satou asspull jesus christ just stop.
Dec 27, 2016 2:44 AM
Apr 2016
Sokah said:
MysteriousBanana said:

The whump noise doesn't make a lot of sense for something being triggered, nor does the beeping sound. I mean, it would make more sense for it to be the other helicopter exploding and the radar lockon sound of a missile on his helicopter. At best it's confusing.

And it doesn't explain how an elderly Japanese aijin is a member of a US special forces team.

Cuz he was not Japanese? He was primarily the special force that was sent to recover first ever Ajin? That's when he got sick and twisted?
The sound was him cracking a detonator in his head. Same like soldiers committed suicide by cracking a vial between their teeth.
Re:formed
Dec 27, 2016 2:52 AM
Jan 2016
Sokah said:

That wasn't a helicopter, it's a Lockheed C-130 Hercules. I wouldn't say it's confusing though, because the camera is focused on his chest and the beeping occurs immediately after he grunts, so it's unambiguous that he did something to trigger that sound; the only confusion is how exactly he triggered the device, because other than flexing one's pecs I don't know of any muscle in that part of the body that can be consciously controlled like that.

He's not Japanese, according to the wiki he's actually half British and half Chinese (I can only assume this is information from the movies, because the manga and anime don't mention specific ethnicity). The manga and anime diverge a bit on the details of his origin, but in both he's a former US soldier who was dishonorably discharged; in the anime they only hint at this in episode 10 (around the 12 minute mark) with a heavily censored document of a "Samuel T. O'Brien" and doesn't explicitly reveal it's Sato until the end of episode 13; in the manga there's a flashback chapter that explains he's a Vietnam vet who was discharged for alerting hundreds of enemy soldiers to his unit's location to spice up their mission and his name in there is "Samuel T. Owens".

Daniel_Naumov said:
The sound was him cracking a detonator in his head. Same like soldiers committed suicide by cracking a vial between their teeth.

It couldn't have been his head though, because any foreign object implanted in his head would have stayed in his old head when he regenerated after being decapitated.
MysteriousBananaDec 27, 2016 2:56 AM
Dec 27, 2016 3:11 AM

Dec 2013
MysteriousBanana said:

He's not Japanese, according to the wiki he's actually half British and half Chinese (I can only assume this is information from the movies, because the manga and anime don't mention specific ethnicity).

Manga does state his ethnicity. Movies are the same as the anime.
Dec 27, 2016 3:13 AM
Jan 2016
G_Spark233 said:
MysteriousBanana said:

He's not Japanese, according to the wiki he's actually half British and half Chinese (I can only assume this is information from the movies, because the manga and anime don't mention specific ethnicity).

Manga does state his ethnicity. Movies are the same as the anime.

Ahh, I stand corrected.
Dec 27, 2016 5:11 PM
Apr 2014
Man they could have given Satou's new head a few more seconds to show if his theory about decapitation was right (although I guess the last scene before credits is enough to show you are still the same you after that).

It felt a little bit like an ass-pull tbh. There was no way Kei could have won this. But he did. Also what the fuck was that end. Why did they make this anime-original if they are going to make an open end like this that actually looks like they'd produce even more seasons...

Seriously I could have lived without that final scene.Just shoot him into space or something and be done with it.

Well w/e. I guess it's not the goal that counts but the way. It wasn't quite as good as season one but good enough to be enjoyable.
Dec 28, 2016 1:42 AM
Jul 2014
Nanashi said:
Seriously I could have lived without that final scene.Just shoot him into space or something and be done with it.

These regenerating characters have plot armor that clouds their opponents minds. If bio or chemical weapons were the right way to suppress them as indicated it should've been the first thing they do while the second would be dumping them into an active volcano.

Almost every fight showed the military fighting the Ajin by conventional means and their most effective tactic was repeatedly pumping bullets into their opponents or dart guns when now we know an aerosol based attack to suppress the area is all they needed.
Dec 28, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2009
Sokah said:
Inugirlz said:

Easy to look like a badass when everyone around you is spectacularly incompetent. The opposition he faced was silly, no anti-ajin force would be that ridiculously ill equipped or use such ridiculously stupid tactics even on a non-ajin.

If you think doing terrorist acts and killing lots of people got the bill to pass... wow... Go punch your mother in the face and see if that gets your allowance raised.

The "not having rights" thing made no sense in the first place.

I completely agree that his opposition was incompetent but he still gets respect for being such a talented fighter. Even if you know you'll be revived, constantly allowing yourself to get killed so you continue to have an advantage takes guts. Satou doesn't just look badass, he is. But fair enough if you don't agree.

Also although the not having rights thing is ridiculous and makes no sense, that doesn't change the fact humans don't make sense a lot of the time either. It doesn't make sense to treat slaves as sub-human with no rights either but we've done that too so it isn't far-fetched at all. We're capable of it.

And finally not that I condone terrorist acts but that literally IS why the bill was passed. It's sad that that's what it takes for humans to take action. If it had nothing to do with them, they weren't concerned, now that a threat was made it's time to compromise. Satou made the Ajin's voice heard. Before that it doesn't look like anyone was fighting for their rights. He killed all the major people involved with oppressing them. At the very least, anyone planning to fill in those people's roles will think twice about doing the same things. Is that not progress?
Dec 28, 2016 4:07 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice series that was pretty well thought out, kept surprising me, and made me look forward to each week's episode. I liked it better than the first season and would have given it a 9/10 but I don't feel any attachment for any character other than how they moved the series along. So my final is 8/10 and glad it aired.
Dec 28, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2016
Didn't like this ending. The way Kei defeated Satou was an asspull and really you gonna give us an open ending after all this shit and Satou escapes AGAIN jesus just end it already.

Overall, it was good but S1 was better.
Dec 28, 2016 11:09 PM

May 2015
Well that was a fun ride. And man, Izumi gets hurt a lot in this anime. Here's one series that isn't afraid to hurt its women...

I will admit that the Flood Phenomenon was the deus ex machina there. Still, that was pretty cool with all the IBMs beating Satou around. As for the beheading...I wonder...I haven't read the manga, or maybe I missed a detail...but was there any mention or proof that Satou ever beheaded an Ajin just to see what would happen? Maybe he was just speculating...

As for Satou's escape...It sounded like he crapped out a bomb...Lol...what if he had a bomb in his ass the entire time?

Personally I think this was a good way to end the series. If they want to continue the original story, a full length movie centering on the second playthrough against Satou would be ideal rather than another season.

The bad news is Satou has escaped again. The good news is that now that the Ajin have acquired their rights, this time...
Dec 29, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2015
The series started up great but ended a bit forced and not well thought.

The final battle seemed a bit weird with all the Ajins surrounding Satou (and we don't even know where they came from).
I think they should have put Satou's backstory into the anime and not make an OVA about it. He is the most interesting character in the anime by far.
I also think Tanaka was a terrible and dumb character with not comprehensible decisions. And Nakano was the most unnecessary character this season.
The pacing was alright but a bit rushed sometimes.

What I liked about the anime was the overall story. We had a clear central theme and a target. Every episode was thrilling and entertaining which made it very nice to watch. I also liked the MC because he had some good ideas and his actions were always well-conceived. Other side characters like Tosaki or Izumi also had some good characterization. The villain (Satou) was awesome to watch and I just loved to see him on my screen.

Now we can talk about the most debated thing about this anime. The animation, or in other words. THE GODDAMN CGI. I admit that it was hard to watch at the first time.. but tbh you can familiarize with it. The studio even brings up some well animated scenes (like the winged IBM). A suprising thing was that the anime had more than 1 OP & ED. But tbh, I didn't like any of them. The first OP was OK, but nothing more.

STORY: 6.5/10
CHARACTERS: 8/10
ANIMATION/SOUND: 4/10
ENJOYMENT: 8/10

OVERALL: 7
Dec 29, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Heck, this episode was too intense for a finale! This anime is great! (better than the manga?)
I don't know if it's a good thing that this is anime original. But who cares? It's still awesome!
So I'll rate this anime an 8 (or 9?) out of 10 score overall. If they gonna make a sequel I'm still gonna watch it!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 29, 2016 11:50 AM
May 2014
THIS WAS AWESOME!

Who's up for season3?!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

90 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.