Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 12, 2017 10:06 AM

May 2016
This was one of the best shows that I have ever watched it was really enjoyable I can't wait for season 3, just when you thought your life adventures have ended another one starts, damn how badass can Satou get? 8/10
Oct 8, 2017 3:20 AM

Jul 2013
I need season 3. I need more Satou.
Dec 27, 2017 5:23 PM

Aug 2015
The ending of the episode was so simple and unexplained that... It was disappointing. Although this, was an excellent defeat for Satou. I need more. Also... Shimomura is so beautiful *-*.
Jan 1, 2018 6:11 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
MASTERPIECE !!!!!!!!!! SATOU HE'LL BE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 12, 2018 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Great action in the last episode, but it clearly did not end properly. It's been a year since the show has finished airing and I really doubt we're getting a third season soon, so this ending is probably how good it's going to get.

7/10 for this season. Great thrilling show with amazing action scenes, but the second season did leave me hanging in some aspects.

Still, I never thought CG in anime would make it this far. Polygon Pictures has released some of the best looking TV anime the past few years. I'm really looking forward to their new Godzilla film trilogy and I hope we get to see a proper ending for this and Sidonia no Kishi.
Jan 24, 2018 12:31 AM

Aug 2013
Lol.
a generous 4/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Feb 5, 2018 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
What I don't understand is why Tanaka stayed with Sato I thought he really wanted equal rights for Ajins and he was having serious doubts about Sato when the fucker revealed he's doing all this for fun. I was really expecting him to betray him at the last minute but whatever. It just doesn't make any sense for him to stay loyal to Sato there's nothing in it for him.
Mar 7, 2018 2:17 AM

Mar 2012
This ending doesn't sit well with me. With the main points being:

The climax fight was very shounen-esque. MC get a sudden power boost and defeats the enemy. I'd rather have an ending where Kei defeats Satou with his ingenuity.

They referenced ajin head chopping alot, but when it happened.. it's just.. nothing??

My ship didn't sail. Few episodes back, we had Kaito break out of prison and was entrusted with protecting Kei's sister. At the end, Eri was shown BUT NO KAI.

It did however solved the problem that was raised since episode 1. Ajins got their right to live free.

Mar 19, 2018 3:58 PM

Nov 2015
Really liked the series overall, especially Satou as a villain. He was the charachter whom stood out.

But I don't get the ending. What was in the body bagg: headless corpses? It seemed to me that Satou and Tanaka had their full body in that suit and then you have that soldier with a scar…

Also something remarkable, at the end Satou pronounces Tanaka's name wrong (or maybe it was my subtitles…)

Liked the series! (hoping for s3 but like above mentioned the chances are rather small) 8/10
Sep 25, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
definition of a grand finale

also, s3 when
Sep 26, 2018 11:40 PM

Nov 2013
Kei having that flood phenomenon right before being decapitated felt a little too convenient, but boy did it look awesome as fuck!

How was Satou able to revert to his normal self after being decapitated? Was his head not far enough away from his body?

Nice that Ajin's finally earned their rights. Kei's days of being hunted are over!

Interesting seeing Satou was one of the ones who captured that Ajin 17 years ago.

That plane explosion tho; I wonder who was behind it. Looks like Satou and Tanaka are ready wreak havoc yet again! (if season 3 ever happens)

Good finale. Felt like it tried to cram a bit too much content into 20 minutes, but it was still really enjoyable. 8/10

Overall, great anime. Protagonist was a bit weak and the CG was meh, but it made up for it with an awesome antagonist, solid OST, and riveting narrative.

However, I wish Kaito had more of a role in the story and the origin of Ajin was explained more. Still really liked it tho.

Jan 13, 2019 8:03 AM

Feb 2009
Overall I really enjoyed this series.
I do agree the ending was a little weak but I can expect that to some degree because we have the manga.

I am interested in reading the manga; does anyone know how close it sticks to the anime?

I feel like there are still some things I need more of an explanation on. One of those series where I absolutely need to read the manga.
Feb 21, 2019 6:03 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I knew they could not get him that easy.
ofc they did an open end to make space for another season or a movie
6 just because i still hate the animations

Apr 16, 2019 12:14 AM

Jun 2017
We need season 3.
Good anime.
May 15, 2019 8:54 AM

Aug 2014
S2 was overall decent but this final episode was terrible. They made a big deal out of beheading an Ajin, yet the new Satou is literally the same as the previous one, and he was defeated by an out of nowhere asspull (okay they explained this could happen, but there is no build-up for Kei to actually pull it off).

And why the hell is Tanaka still with him? The later episodes very clearly shows Tanaka doubting Satou and being conflicted about what they do, but that plot point goes absolutely no where. He just continues following Satou like a dog, and Satou continues being protected by plot armour because, I guess, he is the only Ajin who is apparently a psychopath that want the world to burn, so they gotta save him and reuse him once more?

Tosaki & Shimomura's story/relationship was pretty good, though Satou's background seem to only be teased, and it's pretty stupid how he is apparently a master in planning, fighting, wisdom and everything else.

I'll give it a 6, would have been a 7 if it wasn't for how terribly executed Tanaka's character is, and how "OP" Satou is.
May 31, 2019 4:50 AM

Jan 2018
3 years late. Season 1 had a slow start for me. But, damn the 2nd season gets me hyped up. The finale looks like it wants to have a season 3. It's up to the makers of it.

Underrated anime.
Nov 4, 2019 5:31 AM
Aug 2018
That was great didn't expect it when i started this anime.

AND THEY ESCAPED AGAIN. DAMN I HOPE TANAKA GET AWAY FROM SATOU I THINK HE WILL JUSY USE HIM AS AN ORGAN PRODUCER UNTIL THE END. FEELING BAD FOR HIM.

I HAD MY EXPECTATIONS WITH KOU( THE IDIOT)
BUT IM DISAPPOINTED HE BARELY DID ANYTHING UNTIL THE END. LOL I THINK KAI WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE USEFUL THAN HIM.
AND TO THINK HE HAD A LOT OF SCREEN TIME!! KAI NEEDS JUSTICE!!!

SO YEAH I WAS HOPING FOR MORE KAI BUT HE IS JUST BARELY THERE AGAIN. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM IN THE END??
I JUST REALIZED THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER ENDING IF THEY SHOWED WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE. LIKE KAI, THE FOREIGN AJIN, THE GRANDMA.

HAVING MORE INFO ABOUT AJIN WOULD ALSO BE GOOD. LIKE THEIR ORIGIN, WHAT MAKES U AN AJIN AND ALL.

SO HAVING SEASON 3 IS NOT THAT BAD.
Feb 9, 2020 6:59 AM

Jul 2015
The fight between Kei and Satou at the end was pretty cool

Good anime overall but in my opinion they could have cut some buildup episodes because there already quite a lot of them

Apr 21, 2020 4:15 AM

Sep 2019
Amazing, I was totally invested and the reason was the antagonist satou. He was like “I ain't care who you are you get in my way u dead”. I was a bit disappointed but at Last scene satou was like yup I had a plan ready for a situation like this all along”. So the moral of the story is you can't stop satou. 7/10
Apr 21, 2020 4:16 AM

Sep 2019
Amazing, I was totally invested and the reason was the antagonist satou. He was like “I ain't care who you are you get in my way u dead”. I was a bit disappointed but at Last scene satou was like yup I had a plan ready for a situation like this all along”. So the moral of the story is you can't stop satou. 7/10
Apr 21, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2019
8/10
pls s3
satou is bae

May 14, 2020 6:20 AM

May 2012
This sure was a lot more interesting than season one! Still think they should've made a 26 episodic anime rather than two seasons but in general that doesn't matter too much.

The story was quite interesting to follow and with such an open ending there is a whole lot of room for expansion!

And while the cgi was still in its mediocre standard it was still not too bad to not being able to watch 26 episodes of it.

So all in all a good watch.
Jun 14, 2020 10:32 PM

Mar 2019
Good two seasons (on Netflix) and not sure if the manga continues. Worth watching. In some cases I don't mind CG anime b/c sure why not so long as they try it probably made some animator etc's job easier.
Jun 29, 2020 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
PrimeX said:
What I don't understand is why Tanaka stayed with Sato I thought he really wanted equal rights for Ajins and he was having serious doubts about Sato when the fucker revealed he's doing all this for fun. I was really expecting him to betray him at the last minute but whatever. It just doesn't make any sense for him to stay loyal to Sato there's nothing in it for him.

it was because he's so deep in this issue there's no going back at all. Essentially at the point of no return, and decided to just keep going with it because of that. Tanaka even said in earlier episode how it was too late to turn back.

Plus Satou did save Tanaka from non-ending goverment torture. Despite him not being 100% on board with Satous plan, he also probably stuck around in a sense of paying back the favor.
Jul 13, 2020 2:53 AM

Dec 2018
Ghost? IBM is one thing but I don't think they've explained what a ghost is...

The only thing that could kill Satou is BOREDOM.

That scene where Satou's head got decapitated brings more question than an answer, firstly this means decapitating an Ajin head will not kill them. Now for the interesting part, at first there seems to be no change in Satou at all, but I realized that he's not shocked at all to learn the answer to his theory of decapitating an Ajin's head, which it could mean that after Satou's head got decapitated, the old Satou is dead and the new Satou with some left-over memory is being recovered from the old Satou.

Interesting, Satou is not the one I think he is, I wonder what's the starting point he acts like an Ajin.

So Tosaki is the boss now...lol somehow I cringed looking at how Ko wears that suit.

Somehow how Ajin heal itself is still a mystery like how Satou had an X-mark on his face, I guess this imply that an Ajin can only regenerates lost limbs.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 22, 2020 3:08 AM

Sep 2018
I can't believe it! Satou is still alive (when everything is go back to normal and Ajin have their rights). Repeating the cycle again and again. Satou is really immortal lol I don't know if I will read the manga for continuation. I enjoy this season but reading the manga about capturing Satou again, it will be boring I guess? Overall, I like the story but the CGI is really horrible! 8/10
Oct 26, 2020 10:58 PM

Aug 2017
how much of the manga was adapted?
May 18, 2021 8:13 PM
Oct 2019
season 1 = 9/10

season 2 = 6/10... huge downgrade

season 1 put chills down my spine almost every episode. i think the only time in season 2 where i went "oh damn that was cool" was when kai burst through the hospital window

two questions i didn't even consider while watching season 1, but that popped in my head while watching season 2 because my mind started drifting from partial boredom:
* how do people even find out they're ajin? it's not like young people are dying by the boatloads every day. and in this world, apparently the vast majority of people are not ajin. since you have to die to know you're an ajin, it logically doesn't make sense that all those people knew they were ajin
* how do ajin age? why do they age? if they regenerate? sigh

some open ended questions:
* nakano's training apparently didn't bring out his ghost?
* having your head chopped off doesn't do anything? all that hype for literally nothing?

kai literally serves no role, was just a plot device to save the MC's ass early in the first season (i liked him in the 1st season though). kei's sister serves no role. izumi sucks. tazoki sucks. kei sucks. nakano is too worthless to care about. tanaka was ok (i totally understand his hatred and motivations), but he gets docked points for being a full on puppet of the hat. the hat was interesting in a psychotic way, and i'm glad he took out that 15-person list, but his whole "i kill people because it's a fun game" shtick was lame af

i did like the cigarette scientist dude. he was a smartass, and didn't whine or act like a bitch, didn't want to murder everyone. though, i'm sure he was more than happy experimenting on ajin. but since they didn't actually show him doing that i guess my mind accepted him as a solid character

kei and nakano joining tazoki? wtf stupid...lame...whack...trash writing

honestly don't care if there's ever a season 3 or not, i won't watch it. i wish they'd have stopped after the first season if i'm being perfectly honest
HagePotPotatoMay 18, 2021 8:23 PM
Sep 3, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2017
The first season was better. The first half of this season started off good, but it went downhill fast. Story wise it was okay I suppose. The only reason I finished this was because of Satou. I liked nerdy Okuyama too. I didn't care for the MC. He had his moments, but for the most part he was unmemorable. Tosaki and Shimomura I didn't like at all. When it comes to Nakano...I was seriously hoping he would die, but unfortunately it didn't happen, so we have deal with his loud, annoying, useless and self-righteous ass the entire season. Someone here on MAL said he was the Jar Jar Binks of this show. Now I understand why...

5/10
Oct 1, 2021 8:16 PM

May 2017
Need season 3, I want to see the old guy again.
Aug 13, 2022 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
would be cool if Nagao learns martial art in season 3,i really want to see him go toe to toe with Satou even if he can't win
Aug 31, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2016
Atavistic said:
Here's hoping for a third season after Satou's inevitable escape.

NO.

Enough is enough! How many times is Satou going to keep coming back? I enjoyed the show but Satou constantly coming back was starting to get old and shows a serious lack of imagination from the producers. There are plenty of interesting ways to stop immortals re; Hiden, Kars, etc.

sevki said:
Regardless of anime and manga diversions, please let this satou thing END already!! This season was much better than the previous one, I agree, and I gave it an 8, which is nice, but after a whole season of trying to deal with Satou, he escapes "again"? Now this is under risk of being bullshit. Just let it go jeez. Let us love the experience and end it.

Agreed completely. The story should've ended with Satou buried but if there's a third season there had better be a new big bad. Let's please not do this whole rodeo yet AGAIN.
Sep 11, 2022 7:51 PM

Dec 2018
liked the show but satou escaping yet again really bummed me out.
Dec 30, 2022 3:14 PM

Nov 2020
Not a bad season. Just when I thought they beated him he did that xD! It was nice seeing a little different story for Ajin!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Feb 3, 2023 2:01 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Was that a tease for another season?
May 30, 2023 10:53 PM
Mar 2018
The ending is not good as the story lines! Satou escape, what next?
The progress of the main character are great, fighting in last episode are great too but ending is not
Aug 28, 2023 3:09 PM

Jul 2021
overall i'm kinda disappointed the shows alright in the end but i dislike the main characte also they changa a decent amount of stuff when compared to the manga but overall give it a shot you may like it more then i did. :)

Jan 17, 8:03 PM

Oct 2022
Nicely done but if there is a third season please let it not be another battle between these two again..we need a new bad guy.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

90 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 9, 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.