Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2016 7:08 AM

Feb 2016
I've have had a hard time trying to get into harems not the reverse harems but you know the harems where the main character is a perverted highschool boy who just wants some panties in his life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2016 7:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was literally how I started watching anime so I can't really relate :s
Dec 20, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
you become attracted to panties first, there is no other step
Dec 20, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2016
Valium said:

When you say becoming attracted the panties do you mean by sniffing them?
Dec 20, 2016 7:14 AM

Jun 2016
If it's not a genre you can get yourself to enjoy, why would you want to get into it?
Dec 20, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
minaroyu said:
Valium said:

When you say becoming attracted the panties do you mean by sniffing them?
by panties i mean pussy but pussy through panties
Dec 20, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2015
Don't.

PS. The only good ones are the comedy harems and Monogatari. As for reverse, the historical ones and Ouran, so you're not really missing on much.
Dec 20, 2016 7:27 AM

Sep 2015
grow a dick.

btw most harmes suck anyway. not because they have one male and several females, but because they are always the same shit. boring story, boring characters, the jokes aren't funny and so on

Dec 20, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2014
minaroyu said:
I've have had a hard time trying to get into harems not the reverse harems but you know the harems where the main character is a perverted highschool boy who just wants some panties in his life.
Thats weird, usually the male MC is the dense one, the only show I think of that are actual pervert MC are Issei from DxD.
Dec 20, 2016 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
Nigami_Shin said:
grow a dick.

btw most harmes suck anyway. not because they have one male and several females, but because they are always the same shit. boring story, boring characters and so on

How can OP grow a dick if profile's listed as female?
Dec 20, 2016 7:33 AM

Jan 2015
Probably in the a similar you get into reverse harem.
Why do you want to get into harem in the first place though?

OppaiSugoi said:
Nigami_Shin said:
grow a dick.

btw most harmes suck anyway. not because they have one male and several females, but because they are always the same shit. boring story, boring characters and so on

by change it to male.
Simple just go to your own profile > Click on Edit profile on the top right corner > got to More Details section > Click on the Gender drop down > select Male.
Dec 20, 2016 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
minaroyu said:

Okay, so you seem to be female, so the standard sales pitch of "there's a lot of cute girls. Start watching that when you're so otaku that you like anime girls" does not work.

Don't worry, there are other ways!
1) Most harems are comedies. Gotta find some funny ones and watch them. I recommend "Jitsu wa Watashi wa..." as it's quite funny and not ecchi.
2) Most harems are full of different girls. I promise you, they have better personalities than your baseline shoujo romance heroine. Find one that's most like you. For best results, start with battle harems, the girls there are more believable than in comedies.
3) Try one that is not very haremy. Like Sword Art Online.
4) Try one with a really good-looking main character. How about Hidan no Aria's MC, probably in Hysteria Mode? I don't know much about male beauty.
Dec 20, 2016 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
Watch good Harem anime ... Random trash harems wont get you anywhere...

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Dec 20, 2016 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
OppaiSugoi said:
Nigami_Shin said:
grow a dick.

it's never to late to grow a penis, with today's modern technology any wrong-gendered person can now grow an enviable penis within mere months
Dec 20, 2016 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
Pasva said:
Probably in the a similar you get into reverse harem.
Why do you want to get into harem in the first place though?

OppaiSugoi said:

by change it to male.
Simple just go to your own profile > Click on Edit profile on the top right corner > got to More Details section > Click on the Gender drop down > select Male.

I know that, just asking an irl anatomy q.
Dec 20, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
flannan said:
minaroyu said:

Okay, so you seem to be female, so the standard sales pitch of "there's a lot of cute girls. Start watching that when you're so otaku that you like anime girls" does not work.

1) Most harems are comedies. Gotta find some funny ones and watch them. I recommend "Jitsu wa Watashi wa..." as it's quite funny and not ecchi.
2) Most harems are full of different girls. I promise you, they have better personalities than your baseline shoujo romance heroine. Find one that's most like you. For best results, start with battle harems, the girls there are more believable than in comedies.
4) Try one with a really good-looking main character. How about Hidan no Aria's MC, probably in Hysteria Mode? I don't know much about male beauty.
Are you a real person, like does there exist someone that says these types of things? Tell me about yourself.
Dec 20, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
kazuro said:
Watch good Harem anime ... Random trash harems wont get you anywhere...
this advice is golden, i wish you were our president
Dec 20, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2013
Ignore the harem fanservice and focus on the anime plot... some harems actually have good plots despite having all the harem crap there...
hey there m8
Dec 20, 2016 7:43 AM

Nov 2009
Valium said:
flannan said:

Are you a real person, like does there exist someone that says these types of things? Tell me about yourself.

Indeed, I am a real person. I'm 30, I'm male, English is not my native language, and you can occasionally see me defending ecchi, fanservice and general fun together with Mamster.
My previous post was stylized to sound like a sales pitch, but I'm serious in thinking that these approaches might work.
Dec 20, 2016 7:44 AM
Jun 2016
I hate harems like you mentioned .
I dropped anime like highschool DxD etc .
But some harem are really funny with some great characters which u may like

I still don't like to watch harem with just perverted guy and tons of girls falling over him and giving fan service with panties etc with no character development .

But I enjoyed watching harem like nisekoi , ore no konojo

So its just u have to chose right one which u will enjoy
Dec 20, 2016 7:44 AM

Jul 2013
My suggestion is to just watch the harems that you enjoy.

Dec 20, 2016 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
You start with Shuffle! that's probably the best first step I could suggest.
Dec 20, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2016
Get into a harem yourself? Then you might enjoy them more. Not sure.
And most anime harems have a dense mc, if they were perverted and wanted panties it would easily turn 18+ (I think, again?)
Dec 20, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2016
Watch a season of DxD, then watch Bakemonogatari. If neither grabs your attention, I don't believe anything in the genre can.

Also, be sober. It's more fun if you actually focus on what's happening.
Dec 20, 2016 8:00 AM

May 2016
I believe that harem is only appealing when u first start watching anime and gets boring later on since its the same shit and other genres are way better.

The only good harem out their in my belief is Nisekoi and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Dec 20, 2016 8:03 AM

Feb 2015
OP, you just gotta believe in yourself that one day you'll have your own harem.
Pantsu shots:

@EcchiLordMamster, this thread calls for you; craves for you... xD
Dec 20, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2012
I don't see why OP desperately wants to get into Harem anime even though she is listed as Female on her Profile...

I hate Reverse-Harems and I don't even think about getting into them (Once tried , Regretted Deeply)

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Dec 20, 2016 8:49 AM

Nov 2009
kazuro said:
I don't see why OP desperately wants to get into Harem anime even though she is listed as Female on her Profile...

There can be a thousand reasons. Maybe she wants to understand men better. Maybe she just wants a common topic to talk about with her boyfriend. Maybe she feels she is losing out on a large slice of anime. Maybe there is one particular harem she wants to see, but she feels it's too haremy to challenge it as she is.

kazuro said:
I hate Reverse-Harems and I don't even think about getting into them (Once tried , Regretted Deeply)

It depends on the person. And on the anime. I've completed at least 2 reverse-harems (Pretear and Arcana Famiglia), and started Ouran Host Club (but never bothered finishing it).
Dec 20, 2016 8:56 AM

Jul 2016
The first harem I saw was Kanokon. Loved them ever since.

Dec 20, 2016 8:57 AM

Jul 2016
Try watching the harems that have comedy or unique settings like Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, danmachi, outbreak company, the familliar of zero, the monogatari series, and etc. My favorite harem series is probably The World God Only Knows, the main character and story overall is pretty enjoyable. If you don't enjoy harem series tho. You should just watch shows with romance elements in it like Oregairu, Suzumiya Haruhi, and kokoro connect.
SterpsDec 20, 2016 9:31 AM
Dec 20, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2014
just watch bakemonogatari it is probably a good introduction for the genre(even though it relies a little on knowing the genre cliches)
Dec 20, 2016 9:03 AM

Feb 2010
Beats me. I legitimately couldn't tell you.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 20, 2016 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
well...dont force urself to get into harem....i personally not a fan of harem... i dont mind it but i dont really like it
Dec 20, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
Try watching non ecchi harems, like Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, Nisekoi and White Album 2
Dec 20, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
flannan said:
kazuro said:

There can be a thousand reasons. Maybe she wants to understand men better. Maybe she just wants a common topic to talk about with her boyfriend. Maybe she feels she is losing out on a large slice of anime. Maybe there is one particular harem she wants to see, but she feels it's too haremy to challenge it as she is.

kazuro said:

It depends on the person. And on the anime. I've completed at least 2 reverse-harems (Pretear and Arcana Famiglia), and started Ouran Host Club (but never bothered finishing it).

Hmm I see .. But I still think it is pointless to watch something you don't like , I mean we are all here to have fun and talk about things we like aren't we?

Dec 20, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Harem sucks, generally it's just lazily-written substandard show that spawn a bunch of different personalities to attract as much viewers as possible and then tease them with their best girl, force them into seeing their not-best girls stealing senpai away from the best girl and then dare to call it romance.

If you can't get into harem, just try getting in something else like actually decent anime or a real girl.
Dec 20, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
I watched the Monogatari Series and suddenly I discovered they could be enjoyable. Though I haven't watched enough harems to say I'm fully... "converted".
Dec 20, 2016 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
ofc girls hate harems as much as boys hate reverse harems
Dec 20, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2016
Depends on the Harem...
(I am a guy btw)

If harem (with a perverted MC) is the main thing of an anime/manga, even as a guy,I have difficulty getting into it. I guess you have to be into panties to get into those...

If it isn't, just ignore the harem and go along the plotline. Then you just somehow get along with the harem stuff.

Well... I don't really understand Shojo anime/manga so... I guess hating Harem might me just natural for girls...

P.S. I hate fan services
Dec 20, 2016 10:37 AM

Feb 2016
kazuro said:

I'm not really desperate to get into more Harems I've watched a few but it's hard for to actually enjoy it . I never knew you actually had to be a guy to enjoy harem..
Dec 20, 2016 10:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Swagernator said:
"How do you get into Harem ?"
Convert to islam...

I just lold irl

OP: be a shameless pervert like me and give 0 fucks about anime guys, just look at the girls bruh
Dec 20, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2016
xre said:
Depends on the Harem...
(I am a guy btw)

If harem (with a perverted MC) is the main thing of an anime/manga, even as a guy,I have difficulty getting into it. I guess you have to be into panties to get into those...

If it isn't, just ignore the harem and go along the plotline. Then you just somehow get along with the harem stuff.

Well... I don't really understand Shojo anime/manga so... I guess hating Harem might me just natural for girls...

P.S. I hate fan services

I mean I don't necessarily hate Harem it just doesn't really ring my bell
Dec 20, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
minaroyu said:
kazuro said:

I'm not really desperate to get into more Harems I've watched a few but it's hard for to actually enjoy it

Then Don't watch it..

I never knew you actually had to be a guy to enjoy harem..

Well usually that is the case for most people ... It even makes sense if you think about it cuz a harem is basically every guys fantasy so its natural you might not enjoy it as much..

Dec 20, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2009
tragedydesu said:
ofc girls hate harems as much as boys hate reverse harems

LOL why? Is it restricted for females to watch harem anime? Who said that it's only made for guys? To be honest I enjoy with it more than reverse harem anime or generic shoujo... Don't generalize please.

Dec 20, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2016
kazuro said:
minaroyu said:

I'm not really desperate to get into more Harems I've watched a few but it's hard for to actually enjoy it

Then Don't watch it..

I never knew you actually had to be a guy to enjoy harem..

Well usually that is the case for most people ... It even makes sense if you think about it cuz a harem is basically every guys fantasy so its natural you might not enjoy it as much..

But why would girls enjoy them if its a guys fantasy?
Dec 20, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
@Nordavind
like others said harems are guys fantasy , the majority of them have a self insert mc surrounded by a lot of hot girl with different personalities which make it hard for girls to enjoy them

is not restricted for females to watch harem anime, watch whatever you enjoy
Dec 20, 2016 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
tragedydesu said:
@Nordavind
like others said harems are guys fantasy , the majority of them have a self insert mc surrounded by a lot of hot girl with different personalities which make it hard for girls to enjoy them

tragedydesu said:
@Nordavind

Cool thank you so much I mean nowadays I feel like most things are generalized
Dec 20, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2009
tragedydesu said:
@Nordavind

So what if I am watching and enjoying for comedy then? Sometimes I can relate some female characters with myself as well (just like Onodera from Nisekoi and Hanekawa from Monogatari series) also I can enjoy with action scenes as well and I think it's normal for me.

Dec 20, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
Harem isn't for everyone. I hate Harem Anime, and I avoid it at all times.

Dec 20, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
Just shut your logic part in your brain and you are ready.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

36 by Lhundrup »»
19 seconds ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 11 minutes ago

3 by DinoNo1 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

18 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

24 by BitChilly »»
14 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - Apr 18

21 by Horshu »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.