Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2010 11:40 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great Episode, with a touch of authentic horror, only one thing is irritating, didn't Kiba get shot the previous episode? did i miss something, because he's as good as new
May 11, 2010 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
Qisara said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Great Episode, with a touch of authentic horror, only one thing is irritating, didn't Kiba get shot the previous episode? did i miss something, because he's as good as new

Yea, he got shot but I think the moonlight healed him. Or am I mistaken...? o.O

Anyway, cool episode. I liked the bug-eating plants lol.

and noooooooooooooooooooooo, I don't want Cheza to die! T_T According to Lord Darcia, she only has a month to live basically.

May 15, 2010 5:42 AM

Sep 2008
KitaTsuki said:
Qisara said:

Yea, he got shot but I think the moonlight healed him. Or am I mistaken...? o.O

Anyway, cool episode. I liked the bug-eating plants lol.

and noooooooooooooooooooooo, I don't want Cheza to die! T_T According to Lord Darcia, she only has a month to live basically.

mmmm then there IS an explanation..
Aug 4, 2010 4:50 AM

Feb 2009
Welll Kiba keeps being shot, stabbed, bitten, trashed, but he is always as good as new xD

Bug massacre!
Dec 10, 2010 2:52 AM
Jun 2008
NGL the owl ghost made me lol.
Dec 31, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
Oh Wakamoto, you can make even an owl be all manly xD

May 17, 2012 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
This soundtrack from Yoko Kanno is so lushly beautiful.

And Norio Wakamoto as a ghost owl, what else can I say to that?
Aug 19, 2012 10:32 AM

Jul 2012
Moonlight is going to kill a lunar flower? Interesting...
Jan 8, 2013 8:34 PM
Nov 2012
The forest of death reminded me of the Aokigahara forest in Japan. Apparantly in Aokigahara, it's rumoured that compasses don't work because of something going on in the rocks. Also, the legends behind Aokigahara say that when you go in, you aren't supposed to come out (people go there to commit suicide sometimes and the forest is easy to get lost in) just like the forest of death in this anime.
Jan 11, 2013 10:13 AM
Aug 2011
fhqwgads3 said:
Moonlight is going to kill a lunar flower? Interesting...

It is not moonlight what is killing her, it is time.
Feb 3, 2013 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
Oh God, so many huge bugs.

May 16, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2009
Nothing of real significance happened apart from Darcia talking with Cher and them leaving the Forest of Death. Seems like Darcia is using the pack and the pack hasn't thought about Cheza's aging.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jun 24, 2013 4:06 PM
Mar 2013
That sucks - now the inevitable bittersweet/sad ending is coming.
Aug 9, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2012
Staravia492 said:
The forest of death reminded me of the Aokigahara forest in Japan. Apparantly in Aokigahara, it's rumoured that compasses don't work because of something going on in the rocks. Also, the legends behind Aokigahara say that when you go in, you aren't supposed to come out (people go there to commit suicide sometimes and the forest is easy to get lost in) just like the forest of death in this anime.

Interesting, thanks for that info!

Cheza =(
Aug 13, 2013 12:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Staravia492 said:

The anime probably took an inspiration from it then? It also reminded of the suicide forest ><

I'm glad they were able to find their way through, but it's sad that she has a shorter life. So basically she has one month left to live?
Jul 13, 2014 10:54 PM

Aug 2007
Not a fan of this episode.
Kinda boring, even if the bugs were sorta cute in a menacing way.

Sep 25, 2014 12:10 AM

Jan 2014
Not sure what the point of most of this episode was. The little side quest in the forest of death didn't really add anything. Maybe it'll gain relevance later? That'd be nice.
Dec 30, 2014 12:01 AM

Sep 2010
NGL the owl was the weirdest thing they could have added to this episode. It made me lol. And Kiba has Plot Armor/he's indestructible, it seems.
Jul 26, 2015 10:37 AM

Feb 2015
For a minute there I was actually scared, glad everyone made it safely out of the dead forest.

I believe the reason Kiba keeps being as good as new after being badly injured is the unnatural super fast wolf healing, it's common in werewolf genres and Wolverine (from X-men) has it too.
Oct 14, 2015 2:04 PM
Aug 2011
Wakamoto voicing an owl... FUCK YES!
Makes it an Insta 5/5 episode.
Jan 18, 2016 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
Inside the dense forest of death is a beautiful lake with a great field for camping? Wow is it too good to be true or what.

Now we need more info about the nobles and book of the moon and stuffs. Haven't explained a dang thing.
Feb 4, 2016 2:52 PM
Apr 2013
One thing I don't get how come Cheza is dying so fast if she once had been with Darcia, Lord Ohkam and the scientists? Or is it because she is basking in the moonlight that she's dying more quickly? If that's so, that old lady they met should be dead for a good time now.
Also I had forgotten the shot Kiba took. Maybe he really did real quickly because of his wolf powers because inside the forest the light of the moon can't reach.
Nov 12, 2016 3:08 PM

Dec 2014
My wifu and I are both watching this. Sometimes one of us falls asleep which is no reflection on this show, which is one of the best I've seen. We binge watch while we are in bed so one of us falls asleep first. The reason I mention this is because I've seen many episodes more than once so my wife can watch what she missed the night before when she went to sleep. This episode I have seen more than once, so I believe I can answer a couple of questions that were posted. Unfortunately these questions were posted long ago and no one will see the answer, except you. You, yes you! You who now reads this.

Yes, Keba was shot in the previous episode. However it was only through the shoulder. If you think back to the first time we saw him, he had been shot. And then there was the time he was fighting with Blue and got shot (maybe that was the first time, I forget). The point is he has been shot before and was healed by the moonlight. This latest shot was only through the shoulder and it was at night with a lot of moonlight. So between the moonlight and the need to protect Chez, his is able yo heal and keep on going. It's not just important character armor, which he probably has a bit of also.

Now someone suggested that Chez was going to be killed by moonlight. I don't believe that is what the story is suggesting. She is basically a plant. She seems to survive off sunlight and water, which suggests she uses photosynthesis to feed or nourish herself. This is a typical trait of plants. I happen to know a bit about plants because I grew a lot and even grew some indoors in a closet. When you grow indoors, you control the light. The time the light is on vs off, is how the plants know what season it is. When they are in a vegetative state is when they get the most light. As you cut back the light and give them more time with the lights out, they think the season has changed and bloom and are in the flowering or budding stage. After that, they wilt or die. Why such a long explanation about plant growth you ask? I think this may have something to do with why it was said Chez will die not long after she gets that full moonlight. Chez could be walking around in the vegetation stage right now. When she gets that full moon light, it's equal to her getting 18 hours of light, like the plants in my closet at that stage. After the full moon, the moon light will become less and less, which is what you do when you want plants to move from a vegetative state and into the flowering or budding stage. Perhaps Chez will go into a flowering or budding stage next. Maybe her eyes will drop out and become seeds. J/K but she should evolve some way after this full moon light. She may appear to start dying but could actually become more like a flower or something. My point of this long drawn out post is the moonlight is not what is killing her. It is just part of her life cycle. And she might not even die, but evolve. Hell, I'd smoke her (lol).

And the owl was funny, but the funniest line was when Keba knocks the bug away and says
" CHEZ DOEN'T EAT BUGS!!!!" lmao
flyineyeNov 12, 2016 3:11 PM
May 9, 2017 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
Owls are quite the hoot.
Oct 25, 2021 11:29 AM

Jun 2020
"An owl that's suspicious........ Wolves that are delicious......They all wandered in and got lost as one........... Well Done, Well Done!!"-Ghost Owl

Well this episode was awesome and sad at the same time. The story is moving so well.

RKASHYAP621Oct 25, 2021 11:34 AM
Oct 25, 2021 12:18 PM

Jun 2020
-
flyineye said:
My wifu and I are both watching this. Sometimes one of us falls asleep which is no reflection on this show, which is one of the best I've seen. We binge watch while we are in bed so one of us falls asleep first. The reason I mention this is because I've seen many episodes more than once so my wife can watch what she missed the night before when she went to sleep. This episode I have seen more than once, so I believe I can answer a couple of questions that were posted. Unfortunately these questions were posted long ago and no one will see the answer, except you. You, yes you! You who now reads this.

Yes, Keba was shot in the previous episode. However it was only through the shoulder. If you think back to the first time we saw him, he had been shot. And then there was the time he was fighting with Blue and got shot (maybe that was the first time, I forget). The point is he has been shot before and was healed by the moonlight. This latest shot was only through the shoulder and it was at night with a lot of moonlight. So between the moonlight and the need to protect Chez, his is able yo heal and keep on going. It's not just important character armor, which he probably has a bit of also.

Now someone suggested that Chez was going to be killed by moonlight. I don't believe that is what the story is suggesting. She is basically a plant. She seems to survive off sunlight and water, which suggests she uses photosynthesis to feed or nourish herself. This is a typical trait of plants. I happen to know a bit about plants because I grew a lot and even grew some indoors in a closet. When you grow indoors, you control the light. The time the light is on vs off, is how the plants know what season it is. When they are in a vegetative state is when they get the most light. As you cut back the light and give them more time with the lights out, they think the season has changed and bloom and are in the flowering or budding stage. After that, they wilt or die. Why such a long explanation about plant growth you ask? I think this may have something to do with why it was said Chez will die not long after she gets that full moonlight. Chez could be walking around in the vegetation stage right now. When she gets that full moon light, it's equal to her getting 18 hours of light, like the plants in my closet at that stage. After the full moon, the moon light will become less and less, which is what you do when you want plants to move from a vegetative state and into the flowering or budding stage. Perhaps Chez will go into a flowering or budding stage next. Maybe her eyes will drop out and become seeds. J/K but she should evolve some way after this full moon light. She may appear to start dying but could actually become more like a flower or something. My point of this long drawn out post is the moonlight is not what is killing her. It is just part of her life cycle. And she might not even die, but evolve. Hell, I'd smoke her (lol).

And the owl was funny, but the funniest line was when Keba knocks the bug away and says
" CHEZ DOEN'T EAT BUGS!!!!" lmao

Well your theory is awesome.

Feb 26, 2022 11:59 AM
Mar 2018
very beautiful episode
Feb 27, 2022 2:31 AM

Jun 2016
Cheza needs sunlight/moonlight, and water to prevent her own withering. That, I guess, explains why she was kept in liquid for both Cher and Darcia.

The Forest of Death lives up to its reputation. All those nasty ass bugs, eww.

Cher and Darcia teaming up? Idk why, but I'm awfully afraid of that pairing for some reason.

Apr 25, 2023 4:18 PM

Aug 2017
It was a nice episode,
That owl was creepy, I wonder what's that forest's mystery ?
It seems like Cher is gonna cooperate with Dracia to get to Cheza,
I wonder where did Blue go, I hope we see him in the future, also poor Hunter got his ass whooped by the militia
So Cheza has a short life span, well I think we'll get an emotional ending for this anime,
LOL, in the preview they showed Hubb with a drag, I wonder what's gonna happen next.
Apr 18, 12:44 AM
Dec 2023
in my opinion, the best written episode so far

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 26 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

46 by paruno »»
Mar 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 25 Discussion

diamond9393anda - Oct 10, 2009

24 by Skydis »»
Feb 9, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 20 Discussion

redbuzz - Oct 9, 2008

33 by shahab92 »»
Feb 8, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 8, 2010

23 by Skydis »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Wolf's Rain Episode 2 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 7, 2009

35 by kibalev »»
Nov 13, 2023 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.