Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2016 6:16 AM

Mar 2016
No, I just like whatever doesn't bore me. They aren't quality anime, just anime that didn't bore me.
Because I rate that way, it's just different than others'.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Nov 7, 2016 6:17 AM

Aug 2015
LoNNoL said:
I just discovered recently that it's a passive skill that every Irohafag possesses.

For you personally
what does "secretly think you have shit taste" mean to you?
Do you believe such a thing exist? why?

Wait are you implying that Irohafags are shit taste? If then I have some bad news for you my friend.
Nov 7, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
My taste is not shit, but I like watching shit shows from time to time for shits n' giggles.
Nov 7, 2016 7:44 AM

Apr 2015
I am the bone of my taste
LoGH is my body and Mushishi is my blood
I have criticized over hundreds of anime
Unknown to SAO, nor known to Tokyo Ghoul
Have withstood pain to see plebs having shit taste
Yet those casuals taste will never surpassed mine
So as I pray, Unlimited Taste Works!
Nov 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Sep 2015
Now I am preoccupied by the thought whether I do have it or not after I read the tittle.

Maybe I do, that's why it could bug me.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 7, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2013
Me having shit taste is no secret though.
Nov 7, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2009
Yes I taste like poo
If you need someone to throw into the lion's den, don't pick me okay
Nov 7, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Some anime I love: Chaos;Head, Night Wizard
Some anime I hate: One Punch Man, Shoujo Kakumei Utena

I don't have shit taste because that is a shit concept made by elitists to show their superiority over the whole anime community, and I couldn't care less.
Nov 7, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2015
Of course I do. I just gave the Ojisan to Marshmallow special a 8 despite being weird/weaker than the main series (which is better than its score would imply please watch) because of fetish pandering and nice boobs.

I feel like I was supposed to like OPM and Penguindrum more than I did.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 7, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2014
I've met lots of people who openly admit they have shit taste in anime and manga, I personality don't think I have shit taste.
Nov 7, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
LoNNoL said:
_Ako_ said:

Nope, I am doing this because I can and I want. I don't enforce this shit dude...
Are you saying it perfectly normal to kill a dog because you can and you want?
K, the example is extreme but i hope you get the point

And what the point of OP to you then? Does it have no meaning at all?

Hey, it is normal to kill animals, just againts the rules though
Nov 7, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2009
I don't "secretly think" I have shit taste.

I publicly know that everyone has shit taste, and that includes me as well as all of you.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 7, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2016
Well, people may have inferiority complex and believe that what others like is more valid than what they like. Results from lack of confidence in one's own evaluation of a certain anime.

I don't believe it. Plus, I actually don't believe that anyone has a 'shit' taste. Honestly, these terms shit taste/good taste touch on my nerves. What a narrow-minded attitude. We can't tell people what to like and hate. We can't impose our own values onto others. I don't understand why people can't this basic element of human interaction.
Nov 7, 2016 12:39 PM
Oct 2016
...What the hell is shit taste anyway?
Cerco un centro di gravita permanente. Che non mi faccia mai cambiare idea sulle cose sulla gente. Avrei bisogno di...
Nov 7, 2016 12:42 PM

May 2009
karineyn said:
Plus, I actually don't believe that anyone has a 'shit' taste. Honestly, these terms shit taste/good taste touch on my nerves. What a narrow-minded attitude. We can't tell people what to like and hate. We can't impose our own values onto others. I don't understand why people can't this basic element of human interaction.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. This whole "shit taste" vs. "good taste" argument is pretty meaningless and just an excuse to find things to argue about.

When people insist that shit taste does exist, though, then I simply declare that everyone has shit taste. Because, frankly speaking, for every person's tastes, there's at least one other person on this world who doesn't like those tastes.

Also your avatar reminds me to watch Fruits Basket. Thanks :)
Nov 7, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2016
@GlennMagusHarvey
Haha, yeah. Actually your logic makes sense. I like it ^_^ I hate it when people try to make themselves superior to others through concepts like 'taste' which is completely subjective.

Yeah, watch our sweet Tohru! :) she's such a cutie, and the show itself is awesome (for my 'taste' at least haha). Actually, I realized that whenever I talk to a FB fan, they seem to be kind, good-natured people. Considering Tohru and the overall kind atmosphere of the series, I guess kind people find something from themselves in the show. So, I believe you have a chance of enjoying it ^_^
Nov 7, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
Well, it's hard to call your own taste shit taste since that would mean you don't like things you like.
Nov 7, 2016 1:01 PM

Oct 2015
HurtMeMoreDawg said:

From what I can gather, shit taste means any sort of preferences that go against the consensus circlejerk on what is considered "good".

I have shit taste according to that definition, but I don't care.
Nov 7, 2016 1:04 PM

May 2009
karineyn said:
@GlennMagusHarvey
Haha, yeah. Actually your logic makes sense. I like it ^_^ I hate it when people try to make themselves superior to others through concepts like 'taste' which is completely subjective.

Yeah, watch our sweet Tohru! :) she's such a cutie, and the show itself is awesome (for my 'taste' at least haha). Actually, I realized that whenever I talk to a FB fan, they seem to be kind, good-natured people. Considering Tohru and the overall kind atmosphere of the series, I guess kind people find something from themselves in the show. So, I believe you have a chance of enjoying it ^_^

Fruits Basket has theme songs by Ritsuko Okazaki. That alone makes it worth watching.

demonskul777 said:
Well, it's hard to call your own taste shit taste since that would mean you don't like things you like.

You have a point.

Though then again I could drill further into it and say that there are series where I like some aspects but didn't enjoy it as a whole (Guilty Crown for example, where Ayase is the best character but the rest of everything kinda fell apart), so in a way I do don't like things I like.

Lobinde said:
HurtMeMoreDawg said:

From what I can gather, shit taste means any sort of preferences that go against the consensus circlejerk on what is considered "good".

I have shit taste according to that definition, but I don't care.

The internet seems to have a general trend of shit-talking everything, so you need somewhat of a thick skin to get around.
Nov 7, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2012
I think shit taste (so bad taste) can't be used together like that. Sure you can think someone have bad taste because different from yours, so you call it bad but bad = different in this context, its clearly subjective and both sides know it is.
What I don't lkke about the idea of a general and universal and objective shit taste is that in that context it can't be put together : bad is a jugement but it is here used as something objective and taste is subjective. So what it seems pretty easy to then have good taste, but will it really be good taste? Is it possible to even try talking about taste objectivily? The big problem of this expression is that it has forgotten that it was subjective and now we start to believe that something like good taste exists : it can't.

Of course we can say that X anime objectively has a bad animation and Y a good one, that the story is better in X than in Y, but what is X has good character and horrible animation and Y awesome animation and terrible characters? Which one will be the good taste? To answer that we should have to make a hierrachie between characters and animation : wa can make one but it will be subjective because they are both very important in anime, and choosing will be subjective. But when we talk about shit taste it's like we're saying that one way of thinking only is right and the other not, so in my exemple that there is one way to consider this hierarchiy. But ptting something before another (so choosing) is subjective and judging anime is then subjective too since appreciating an anime will depend if the person put the atmosphere, the art, the characters, the technic caracteristics, the story etc first. So do we have to agree that this person (or this group of persons) is right because they have made the right subjectve choice? Choosing between those things isn't objective and can't be, therefore it's stupid to pretend one category is right and the other one wrong imo

Edit : besides, what if I like Z anime because I love the art, but I know the characters and the story have problems, but they don't bother me because I like this anime because of the art -> is it shit taste? Are my own priorities inferioir compared to those of the majority? I believe not. But we tend to forget about that judgig an anime is mostly about subjectiviy.
tho we can agree on something (like how much X anime is worked and has an interesting construction, worked art, but it could not be enough for us to like the anime, does it mean we have shit taste even tho we see the quality, simply don't put it in priority? Once again I believe not!
AmyltiaNov 7, 2016 1:17 PM
Nov 7, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2016
@GlennMagusHarvey
Yeah! I don't think the show would be the same without those songs. Overall, music is an indispensable part of any anime, so...yeah. Thanks for the short chat. Just checked out your profile and it's nice to talk to someone close to my age for a change ^_^
Nov 7, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2009
Amyltia said:
Of course we can say that X anime objectively has a bad animation and Y a good one, that the story is better in X than in Y, but what is X has good character and horrible animation and Y awesome animation and terrible characters? Which one will be the good taste? To answer that we should have to make a hierrachie between characters and animation : wa can make one but it will be subjective because they are both very important in anime, and choosing will be subjective. But when we talk about shit taste it's like we're saying that one way of thinking only is right and the other not, so in my exemple that there is one way to consider this hierarchiy. But ptting something before another (so choosing) is subjective and judging anime is then subjective too since appreciating an anime will depend if the person put the atmosphere, the art, the characters, the technic caracteristics, the story etc first. So do we have to agree that this person (or this group of persons) is right because they have made the right subjectve choice? Choosing between those things isn't objective and can't be, therefore it's stupid to pretend one category is right and the other one wrong imo

I wish this forum had a way to thumbs-up posts, because I definitely agree with what you say here -- it's a multidimensional experience that's not really possible to "objectively" compress into a one-dimensional "how good" or "how bad".
Nov 7, 2016 1:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
nope

..........................................................................................
Nov 7, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
I don't think I do...
I know I do, but I isn't gonna stop me from liking from what I love
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2016 1:28 PM

May 2009
In a way, secretly thinking that you yourself have shit taste is a tacit acknowledgement that you care about what others think about your taste in the first place.
Nov 7, 2016 1:34 PM

Oct 2014
I think my anime taste is fine. I have nothing to hide.
Nov 7, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Amyltia said:

I wish this forum had a way to thumbs-up posts, because I definitely agree with what you say here -- it's a multidimensional experience that's not really possible to "objectively" compress into a one-dimensional "how good" or "how bad".

Thank you XD Yeah it's a really sad way to see things, especialy about anime the purpose is to enjoy it, there is so much each one can pick what he likes and the fact that we tend to forget that shit taste is actually from something subjective is kinda creepy and sad 0.0
Nov 7, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
Nope. I have my taste though which I don't believe is shit. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. I like my taste in anime.

But seriously, who determines what is or isn't shit taste?
Nov 7, 2016 2:48 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly, I don't give a flying eagle if my taste is shit or not. I like anime that some people call shit like SAO and Mahouka, while I disliked some anime that people really liked such as Death Note or Code Geass.

Also, there's no high authority that would judge whose taste is good and righteous and who should off themselves, so lets just agree that all tastes are equal and be over with that stupid topic.
Nov 7, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah boi

I liked SAO, says enough about me
Nov 7, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2010
I'd like to think my taste is pretty good
Nov 7, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
I had, have and will always have shit taste and I'm proud of it.

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Nov 7, 2016 2:59 PM

Oct 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:

The internet seems to have a general trend of shit-talking everything, so you need somewhat of a thick skin to get around.

Well that is true in the sense that anyone's preferences would get shat on by at least someone else in the community.
Nov 7, 2016 4:44 PM

Nov 2011
Frostbytes said:
LoNNoL said:
Of course i don't know it come as fee, why should i follow the news about ova that is hyped by plebs that it caters around their slut bitch?

you can change my statement to "it needs other girls for majority to watch it", it's pretty easy to think about my point but of course Irohafag don't like thinking it's my fault to expect such a thing from you.

Well if you were a true yukino fan or a fan of the series you would have followed the news abt the game where she gets a wedding route, so you would have known abt it. But you aren't so.........

And abt "why they had the last part", it was the same in the vol 10.5 so ofc it would have been adapted anyway(na boi it isn't for other grills, it was the same there also) the only difference being

But here they went around shopping, since they can't manga the whole editor part due to time constraints

But ofc you don't know abt that since you are an ignorant pleb so RIP.
And your point is? no, you've made no point at all, you were just talking about how the ova was adapted.
But ofc you're just another Irohafag, you just need to write something to lie to yourself that you've defended your slut bitch but in fact you just made a random post that only connect to previous point on surface. it was an side story about Iroha but other was include for the sake of viewer/reader counts.

Illyricus said:
After seeing the Oregairu part, my suspections have been confirmed.

Topic related; my taste is awesome and Godlike. Maybe liking Mayoiga can rest me points, but Mayoiga was an amazing piece of trash, so it doesn't counts in giving me shit taste :)
Darek said:
Illyricus said:
After seeing the Oregairu part, my suspections have been confirmed.

That it is a shitpost? wasn't it obvious from the getgo?

OT: I have So Ra No Wo To in my favs, this automatically puts me above ya all.
shitposting? no my friend, I'm here presenting the discussion of perspective and definition. the term and keyword"secretly have shit taste". :)
But sometime plebs like Irohafag need to put back into their place.
Nov 7, 2016 4:45 PM
May 2015
I just watch anything so my taste are the best.
Nov 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Sep 2014
I have superior taste compared to the plebs out there who have anything but Rabu Raibu in their favorites. Those people are disgusting to the core, and should be exempt from reproducing.
Nov 7, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
who cares about taste?
I watch anime because I enjoy what I like to watch. :)

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 7, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2014
i just dont want no taste as in not watching anime at all from disinterest or unable to hear/see the anime if i ever get that kind of disability. especially see because i dont understand japanese.
Nov 7, 2016 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
jeikobu11 said:
Elegade said:
I have superior taste compared to the plebs out there who have anything but Rabu Raibu in their favorites. Those people are disgusting to the core, and should be exempt from reproducing.
Luuji222 said:
who cares about taste?
AnimeFreak-San said:
i just dont want no taste as in not watching anime at all from disinterest or unable to hear/see the anime if i ever get that kind of disability. especially see because i dont understand japanese.

Since i don't want to take some of you as trolling, i'll ask this before further reply.
To you personally, please define "taste"; "shit taste"; and "superior taste".
Nov 7, 2016 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
LoNNoL said:
jeikobu11 said:
Elegade said:
Luuji222 said:
who cares about taste?
AnimeFreak-San said:

Since i don't want to take some of you as trolling, i'll ask this before further reply.

Taste-the sensation of flavor perceived in the mouth and throat on contact with a substance.

Shit Taste-the sensation of shit perceived in the mouth and throat on contact with feces.

Superior Taste-Rabu Raibu.
Nov 7, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
Elegade said:
LoNNoL said:

Taste-the sensation of flavor perceived in the mouth and throat on contact with a substance.

Shit Taste-the sensation of shit perceived in the mouth and throat on contact with feces.

So even giving a chance you still choose to be a troll.
*sighs* MAL never changed.
Nov 7, 2016 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
LoNNoL said:
Elegade said:

Well how can I not troll when the first sentence of your post is bait?
Nov 7, 2016 5:16 PM

Nov 2011
Elegade said:
LoNNoL said:

Elegade-kun, how naive, that thing isn't a bait, If i were to bait i wouldn't make it obvious like that, it's merely a statement of "why did I create this thread". You can safely ignore it and proceed to the rest of content and question. :)
Nov 7, 2016 5:25 PM

Sep 2014
LoNNoL said:
Elegade said:

Elegade-kun, how naive, that thing isn't a bait, If i were to bait i wouldn't make it obvious like that, it's merely a statement of "why did I create this thread". You can safely ignore it and proceed to the rest of content and question. :)

Nah, your post is bait, otherwise almost half of your replies wouldn't be about flamebating Iroha fans. But realistically, I'm the sucker here for responding. GG bait-san.
Nov 7, 2016 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
It's not a secret homie. Just look at my profile:)
Nov 7, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Elegade said:
LoNNoL said:

Nah, your post is bait, otherwise almost half of your replies wouldn't be about flamebating Iroha fans. But realistically, I'm the sucker here for responding. GG bait-san.

Oh Elegade-kun, I was just merely giving a proper respond to the subject that is brought up.
Say Elegade-kun If my negative opinion is consider as flamingbait, why can't positive opinion from them be considered as one too?
Nov 7, 2016 5:39 PM

Sep 2015
I like anime, of course I have shit taste
Nov 7, 2016 5:47 PM

Mar 2016
What is this "secretly think"; I know I have shit taste
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 7, 2016 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
poppyface said:
What is this "secretly think"; I know I have shit taste
why do you think so my friend? care to elaborate it?
Nov 7, 2016 5:55 PM

Sep 2014
LoNNoL said:
Elegade said:

Oh Elegade-kun, I was just merely giving a proper respond to the subject that is brought up.
Say Elegade-kun If my negative opinion is consider as flamingbait, why can't positive opinion from them be considered as one too?

Welp, I already took the bait, might as well just ride with it.... Negative Opinion. Could care less about that, if it was an opinion that isn't baitish. Realistically, all opinions can bait someone, but using "Irohafags" just to jump start a thread is petty. How many people commented just because of "Irohafag" Good 30%? Not to mention your replies.

Also this goes to answering your "real" question. Why should I give you a good answer, when you can't even construct a paragraph that you know will bait people?

*On second thought, this is MAL, so the line of bait and opinion is basically standing next to each other. Carry on.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is there no Manga chapters at the top info when Anime have it?

Tongmuan - 42 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 3 hours ago

14 by Zorpanur »»
3 minutes ago

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 28 minutes ago

5 by Subarctic-Forest »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 9 hours ago

28 by Shirayukin »»
5 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

105 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.