Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 1, 2016 4:12 PM
Feb 2016
I'm actually disappointed that they cut out the reason why Daisuke took the chocolate home. I guess they did it for the sake of shipping or dunno but it ruins the joke.

He takes the chocolate home because he wants his dad to eat it
Oct 1, 2016 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
That manager's math skills...are better than mine, because I don't have a calculator.

Where does that rich girl keep all that cash on her? And are they all singles? Because otherwise there would be a several million yen right there.

Guessing this is another branch of the family restaurant chain, rather than the same place as previous seasons with new employees. This new place's cast are even more of oddballs than the previous one. If I were the son of Higashida's dad, it makes me want to punch him in the gut though...but would instead take those chocolates home to "share" with my overly easy going family.

I wonder if Higashida has any weird quirks about him as well, like how Katanashi Kotori Takanashi likes cute and small things.
Oct 1, 2016 4:41 PM

Apr 2014
so far so good, i really enjoyed the first ep though i do miss the characters from the other working! series these characters are a fun watch also

though at first i was like meh about the lot of them but as i watched i began to like this cast more and more

so will be watching and hoping for more and more fun as the series goes on
"one step at a time"
Oct 1, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2008
y'all remember that working!! S2 april fool's trailer from 2011? well, at least we know that A-1 kept faithful to that trailer and kept the same voice actors (though they did appear as the manager's underlings in S2 as their voice actors so it feels weird seeing their voices come back in the same universe).

hope we see more anime originals like cameos or interactions with the working!! crew we've all grown super bonded to. unless they're trying to do an aquors thing and try to develop a new identity from the ones that "came before them" (though in this case, they were only animated before them).
Oct 1, 2016 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
E96825 said:
I'm actually disappointed that they cut out the reason why Daisuke took the chocolate home. I guess they did it for the sake of shipping or dunno but it ruins the joke.

He takes the chocolate home because he wants his dad to eat it

That's what I thought his reason was. It's too bad it wasn't animated.
Oct 1, 2016 4:55 PM
Nov 2011
LovelyHikari said:
Yay!!!More Working!!!

So far this new chick who is an Inami copy seems a bit interesting. She seems more like the abusive type of character who so far punches the manager if he does something wrong.

Overall the show has so many characters, gonna take a while to remember all of them. There's Sayuri, and the rich girl, and more. Saturday mornings are gonna be fun to watch.

first i have the same feelings as the guy above in the quote.

second does takanshi passing by scene means we might see them later? oh pleaaaaaaaaase please please please i could NEVER get enough of them, especially inami. i'm in love with her.

3- i know she looks like inami, and she punches, but seriously though that's about it. the charatcers aren't related. i mean seriously i hate the comparison that is happening between the two. (but seriously i got goosebumps from a scene where the camera was on her and started going up and i thought she's gonna be inamo only in the end she wasn't her.)

anyway i'm so excited about this new show. i see working= i'm happey.
Oct 1, 2016 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
Working!! is quite dear to me so finding out that there's more of it is never a bad thing
WWW didn't start off as strong but picked up near the end i kinda feel like they added to many characters all at once.

not knowing which one was the OG made watching that April fools PV way funnier they knew all along!

nice seeing Takanashi at the start was a nice touch to show it's a different setting
Oct 1, 2016 5:46 PM

May 2016
There's only 2 things I hope for...

1) This series get others seasons confirmed till the end of the plot (just like the first trilogy).

2) Those seasons don't take like, two or more years to come, just like it happened to the first trilogy.

I want at least the first one fulfilled...The HYPE is real...

Also, there were people that disliked this episode WTF?
HyperLOct 1, 2016 5:57 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 1, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
Definitely a must watch for me this season. i think the MC family puns are Izuki level (from Kuroko no Basket)
damn, the forums these days...
Oct 1, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2015
Fun opening.

I really liked the other Working series so I hope this'll be as good. Has a promising start :)
Oct 1, 2016 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
The staff is certainly unique, as expected from Working.

Muranushi hasn't an invisible friend, but an invisible customer.

So far I like every character, except the Dad. Higashida should use Miyakoshi's chocolate to kill him and make it look like an accident.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 1, 2016 6:17 PM

Apr 2012
I heard about the new season and I thought they were using the same characters as before... I'm a little disappointed because I love Wagnaria so freaking much ): But well, let's see how it goes... In this first episode I had the impression that they maked chars with forced and way too stereotypical personalities... I hope to be wrong about this bad feeling. Cute ending, tho.
Oct 1, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2014
From my first impression it seems like a more simplistic version of the other Working!!
I personally enjoyed it.
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
Oct 1, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
This is quite hilarious XD

New characters but the feeling is definitely the same as the original Working casts. Really looking forward to watching this every week..
Oct 1, 2016 8:14 PM

Nov 2010
Expected the fun, got the fun. i the show gets better.
I need to know more about characters.
Oct 1, 2016 8:14 PM
Jan 2016
[quote=lightningfalcon]
Skyycry said:
Kinda feels week compared to Other Working Series but very enjoyable. Pretty likeable characters.
Made me want to rewatch previous Working.

I was actually searching for any hints of Katanashi and
lightningfalcon said:
Skyycry said:
Kinda feels week compared to Other Working Series but very enjoyable. Pretty likeable characters.
Made me want to rewatch previous Working.

I was actually searching for any hints of Katanashi and his gang

They showed Takanashi and Higashida cross paths though in the beginning
Oct 1, 2016 8:17 PM

Apr 2010
the episode met all my expectations so far and carried the essence and spirit of OG Working!!.. interesting characters, and funny interactions.. still "working" for me.. :)
Oct 1, 2016 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
the next generation of workers..... just a theory maybe miyakoshi is the daughter who takashi and that punching girl from the first season
Oct 1, 2016 8:53 PM

Aug 2012
Gotta love the casts antics, mainly the higashida's family, they're bunch of assholes lol.
It's only episode one but I can't wait until we get to the romantic part xD
Oct 1, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2014
I get that this is a different Wagnaria location and a different staff based on a web manga that the author created as a side story to the original, but the characters just don't seem as funny as the original characters.

I really enjoyed the original series and it made me laugh a lot throughout its three seasons. I didn't even chuckle in this episode.

An anime has to be really, really bad for me to drop it, so hopefully this gets better and the characters become more likeable!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 1, 2016 9:26 PM

May 2016
ibraheem234 said:
the next generation of workers..... just a theory maybe miyakoshi is the daughter who takashi and that punching girl from the first season

Actually from what I heard from people, this is actually the first Working, the manga of this one came before the manga of the first trilogy...So yeah, this anime is a either a prequel or it happens at the same time as the other one but in a different Wagnaria...
HyperLOct 2, 2016 7:55 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 1, 2016 9:27 PM

Dec 2013
I know this was the OG Working title out there, but the fact that everything is still done in Waganaria gives me a sense of disjointedness. Somehow seeing that Takanashi figure near the opening walking past the new MC felt weird. In all it felt like we're using the exact same setting, but were suddenly dropped into an entirely different universe, specially considering how both series seem to be running on the same timeline, but have absolutely nothing in common. Don't know about the rest of you, but something just doesn't sit right with me right now.

For the sake of my well being, I'm going to pretend that it's not another universe, but another branch of Waganaria, that just so happened to be built exactly like the one in the original series, in an eerily similar neighborhood setting, instead.

As for the characters. They are a whole lot different from the original cast. Each has their perks, but will probably take a while to get used to. The characters and relationships within the restaurant have yet to be explored fully, but somehow you can see how the author mixed and matched with this crop of characters to develop the first series. Kyouko is basically a mix between the lazy girl Kondou plus the hungry kitchen worker, whereas the chara designs for Satou and Souma seem similar to Masahiro and Yuuta of this episode.

Will reserve judgement until I see more of this show, though the impact on me was obviously less than the first episode of the first animated series.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 1, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2014
I liked it, and the characters were likeable... At first glance I thought they'd be generic and not as funny as the OG Working!!, but I was mistaken, there're different, and have their good points.

I hope this get's more developed throughout the episodes and make an enjoyable watch :3
I'm very hyped and can't wait for the next episode to air, I forgot that's a problem with the airing shows :')

Anyways, the neko-gumi can't be compared with the inu-gumi yet, since we haven't watched all they can do xD
Also, the Inu-gumi has 3 seasons, and the neko just have 1 episode and a web manga that idk if its being translated, so don't rush :O
-
-
-
-
-
Btw, did you see that the girls on Higashida's school have the same uniform as Popura?
Cameo possibilities?
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Oct 1, 2016 10:20 PM

Sep 2015
so shiho and yuuta was other todoroki and satou (i tho its was sayuri)
who the hell is sayuri then? yamada?

still 2 souma on this still creep me out and i hope its not higashida and miyakoshi this time maybe sayuri?

was this wagnaria look same?
Into the Internet!
Oct 1, 2016 10:32 PM
Mar 2016
www.Working!! is Oldest series than Working!!
if you look Working!! much better, thanks to www.Working!! because this is the raw ingredients to Working!!
but yeah www.Working!! setting and Working!! setting is same, Family Restaurant Wagnaria
if you read the New Working!! manga, "Working!!-Re:Oder", some character on Higashida's Wagnaria will be cameo in Takanashi's Wagnaria
on that manga Higashida's Wagnaria will called "Wagnaria's Branch"
Oct 1, 2016 10:34 PM

Jan 2014
The author seems to be good at making oddball characters. They are likeable, the voice cast is also likeable. I never engaged much on the original, but it seems this one can deliver, at least it feels more dynamic to me.

Also, that Heaven Foodgasm made me lol.
Oct 1, 2016 11:01 PM

Nov 2012
he should let his family eat those chocolates, because those annoying people deserve it. besides them i like the characters though, and this episode had some funny moments.
Oct 1, 2016 11:10 PM

May 2015
L-Ryoshi said:

I think you are over-thinking all this way too much.... drop into another universe?
This is clearly another branch of the same restaurant built somewhere else.

Waganaria suppose to be family restaurant franchise, so there is nothing weird with it having more than one location, as well them looking exactly the same: outside and inside (just like McDonald, Burger King, Five Guys, etc etc etc... establishments have more than one location and look pretty much the same everywhere you go).

Basically: Daisuke works for Waganaria (south branch), and Takanashi works for Waganaria (north branch)... in the same timeline. The End. And I don’t see the problem with that.

Honestly, I’m not even sure why I am even discussing this.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 1, 2016 11:33 PM
Dec 2015
Was that takanashi souta passing by at the start? Omfg i miss the original characters
Oct 1, 2016 11:33 PM
Dec 2015
Was that takanashi souta passing by at the start? Omfg i miss the original characters
Oct 1, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2013
zero-r said:
L-Ryoshi said:

I think you are over-thinking all this way too much.... drop into another universe?
This is clearly another branch of the same restaurant built somewhere else.

Waganaria suppose to be family restaurant franchise, so there is nothing weird with it having more than one location, as well them looking exactly the same: outside and inside (just like McDonald, Burger King, Five Guys, etc etc etc... establishments have more than one location and look pretty much the same everywhere you go).

Basically: Daisuke works for Waganaria (south branch), and Takanashi works for Waganaria (north branch)... in the same timeline. The End. And I don’t see the problem with that.

Honestly, I’m not even sure why I am even discussing this.

You're probably right, though for the life of me I cannot figure out why you're discussing this either.

My comment was a personal assessment of how I felt about things, I doubt it was open to discussion.

That said, there are plenty of diners that are set up like Waganaria but are still one shop stops. I don't recall ever being told that Waganaria was ever a franchise restaurant, ever.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 2, 2016 12:47 AM

Jun 2013
Deathless said:
Talking of Takanashi cameo, he joined Wagnaria during winter as well. I wonder if it's implied that timeline wise this new series starts around the same time as original Working.

I believe that is so, judging from the crossover interactions between the two casts in Working!! Re:Order, which is set after the end of Working!! proper.
Oct 2, 2016 12:47 AM

Feb 2015
I'm so so so glad that they didn't make the same character or similiar character from the previous working xD i like the main girl a lot. probaby just became my fav character xD and i'm hoping to see some romance in this series again xD and i wish it will be between the main girl and main guy. the other character were hillarious too xD especially that rich girl xD

this is gonna be a fun series for sure xD
looking foward to the next episode...
just hoping for the romance xD

HeyItsHeeynaaah said:

HOLY SHIT
why i didn't realize that.
yeah...that was obviously him. this working series starts at the same time like the original working series, season one first episode xD xD xD
Oct 2, 2016 12:55 AM
Jan 2015
Good start, I got a few good laughs in. I also like the MC better so far and the other characters seem pretty entertaining.
My Queens

Oct 2, 2016 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
I missed Working! But I did not realize how much I had missed it till I watched this...I missed it ALOT!
Oct 2, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
Love and Peace!! LOL
Kitan~!
Oct 2, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
That was super enjoyable! Definitely gonna continue!
Oct 2, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2014
omg the whole episode feels so boring. the jokes are not my taste.
Oct 2, 2016 3:37 AM

Apr 2011
This ain't bad, but it's not nearly as good as the other one. Well, I didn't exactly love the other one from the start either, so here's to hoping this grows on me.... soon.
Oct 2, 2016 3:40 AM

Feb 2014
Not a bad start. It even began like the first series, complete with a Takanashi cameo. And these characters seem like an even weirder versions of the original Working characters.

Although, Miyakoshi being violent just for the sake of filling the "violent girl quota" is the only thing I didn't like. Unlike Miyakoshi, Inami had a reason behind why she always ended up punched male characters.
Oct 2, 2016 4:14 AM
Dec 2015
Tevens said:
I'm so so so glad that they didn't make the same character or similiar character from the previous working xD i like the main girl a lot. probaby just became my fav character xD and i'm hoping to see some romance in this series again xD and i wish it will be between the main girl and main guy. the other character were hillarious too xD especially that rich girl xD

this is gonna be a fun series for sure xD
looking foward to the next episode...
just hoping for the romance xD

HeyItsHeeynaaah said:

HOLY SHIT
why i didn't realize that.
yeah...that was obviously him. this working series starts at the same time like the original working series, season one first episode xD xD xD
so i suppose they both worked at "wagnaria" at he same time but different branch?
Oct 2, 2016 4:40 AM

Oct 2014
I love this :3
Horray for more Working :D
Oct 2, 2016 5:00 AM

Apr 2010
New characters and i still can't get enough of this.
The new characters are pretty interesting and funny tho it's the usual mess.
Which is unsurprising seeing the personalities of the characters.
Oct 2, 2016 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
yay another Working series...
never knew that www.working!! came before working!!
that rich girl is the best girl i think... lol
too bad there's no loli in this episode
looking forward to the next episode...
Oct 2, 2016 5:43 AM

Oct 2013
This one is interesting and funny. Love the vibes and fun part.
Oct 2, 2016 5:54 AM

Jun 2012
Great first episode, i really like every character so far, i bet Higashida bring chocoalate home to gave one to his dad :)
Oct 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Aug 2015
Great first episode i never thought i will like the series but the jokes got me.

Got to love some LSD chocolate.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Oct 2, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
Never thought I'd be seeing a whole new version of working again, but here it is. AND IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME PLACE But with different people... actually started wondering of these were their children or something... Their also much more straight forward about things, the older ones were built on misunderstandings and unknown feelings.

Marunushi's eyes caught me off guard, and so did her ability to see ghosts, and everyone else seemed pretty interesting in their own way, which was the part I wondered about most. The characters and their problems were what made the first cast of working so entertaining to watch. I look forward to seeing the mess they end up in. Also one heck of a valentines day.
KuroNeko030Oct 2, 2016 8:03 AM
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 2, 2016 8:19 AM
Sep 2016
I quite enjoyed the first episode. When I first saw miyakoshi, Inami came too mind and then she punched the boss. I did not expect to see a character that can see ghosts in the series, I hope we see more of her and ghost story line.
Oct 2, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
The OP looks fun, everyone having fun except awkward Daisuke.

Am more intrigued by the brown-haired guy in the OP that we haven't seen yet. Also glad we got more males in the cast to watch this season.

Also, how did the manager manage to get 59 from 8x7? WITH a calculator.
LiongaOct 2, 2016 9:12 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

104 by satchoff »»
Sep 18, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

59 by satchoff »»
Sep 17, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

46 by satchoff »»
Sep 17, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

62 by sharosharo »»
Jan 14, 2023 5:53 AM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

48 by sharosharo »»
Jan 14, 2023 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.