Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 27, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
FlamingMangos said:
I find it funny that the people who really find the show bad are the ones making the discussion lively here. Usually when I find a show bad, I just drop the show and perhaps leave one comment and forget about it right away and move on watching other good shit.

There are differences between One-off shows and the franchises. The fans of franchises will always be present and lively, be they happy or disappointed with a certain member of the franchise.
Sep 27, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
Never much of a shipper or anything, so the romance side of this show, as non-existent as it was, never really bothered me.

What I do have to say though, is that this was by far one of the worst explained/choreographed/planned Macross shows I have ever seen. The asspulling went through the roof with this one.

Explain to me, why the fuck would the power of one regular Joe of a human be able to break through the mind control of Roid there for long enough to get his message across to the woman he loved??? If love was the sole ingredient for breaking through the mind-fuck, why the fuck would NO ONE ELSE in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE be able to do it? I doubt their love was anything more special than anyone else's love. So why the fuck was he able to pull it off when the rest of the entire universe fell prey? I call complete utter bullshit. The power of MC pulled straight out of the directors ass yet again saves the day. Also explain to me just what makes Freyja so special that she technically pulled what only Royalty Windermerian's could do, getting their people "un-brainwashed"? And how Roid was unable to suck them back in after they broke free was beyond my comprehension. Was Mikumo's star singer power that useless that it couldn't even do that? Considering how powerful and feared she was suppose to be, that's a contradiction in terms by itself.
Also don't buy the "power of love triumphs all" bullshit. They never even bothered to explain why Freyja was able to do it when the rest of Walkure and even the Ariel Knights got caught up in Roid's brain-drain. The fuck makes HER so special that she could rival her own King?

Then there's the issue of mortality. Last two episodes indicated that those suites that the Walkure were wearing could be sliced through by mere sniper bullets. Yet this and every single fucking episode before this has the enemy throwing everything at them, Lasers, Missiles, Mortars, Mechs, the works, and yet NONE of them emerge with even a spec of dirt on them. Seriously, what the fuck? How is it that the suits couldn't stop a sniper bullet then? The power of sub charas is just as scary as that of MCs here.

Third, Roid's reasoning for taking over Mikumo was laughable at best. So he plugs himself into a machine, sets her off to sing and suddenly he becomes a god??? If that were so easily achieved, why the fuck did the ancient Protoculture not do so in the first place? No explinations at all, and no explinations as to why Roid would even know how to power the damn thing....

Fourth. No conclusion as to what the fuck happens to the corrupt UN faction and not even an appearance from Lady M. No conclusion to what happens to the Windermerians either. They are still technically at war with the rest of the galaxy. But nooo, we get no conclusion at all, just Hayate and an apparently deathly ill Freyja riding off into the Ragna sunset. Plus, why the fuck do I even care about Chuck finding his completely banged up sister anyway? It's not like they developed their characters so much that I actually gave a shit when she got stuck on their world.

Seriously too much bullshit and poor asspulling to this series. Worst, most unimpressive and totally senseless Macross I've had to watch thus far, and even the Minmay tidbit near the start by Mikumo couldn't save this show.

Being a fan of the franchise ever since I sat through the first series with my best friend nearly 3 decades ago, I can't even believe they've fallen so far down with this one. This is utter bullshit at it's finest. The only thing I can and will praise for this episode? The logo animation at the beginning, that had all the workings of the Macross series of old. Just that, for fucks sake....
L-RyoshiSep 27, 2016 9:00 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 27, 2016 9:06 AM

May 2016
I enjoyed the music very much, but quite sad that it didn't end with Hayate x Mirage. Oh well, at least my summer wasn't dull thanks to this show.

Tbh, I felt like the ending was pretty much rushed since it's the last episode but oh well. I can focus on other shows now :D
Sep 27, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2010
Dafuq did I just watch? I've already ranted too much about how bad this Macross ended up being on multiple places so I just don't have the energy anymore but a lot of this sums up my thoughts too
L-Ryoshi said:
Never much of a shipper or anything, so the romance side of this show, as non-existent as it was, never really bothered me.

What I do have to say though, is that this was by far one of the worst explained/choreographed/planned Macross shows I have ever seen. The asspulling went through the roof with this one.

Explain to me, why the fuck would the power of one regular Joe of a human be able to break through the mind control of Roid there for long enough to get his message across to the woman he loved??? If love was the sole ingredient for breaking through the mind-fuck, why the fuck would NO ONE ELSE in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE be able to do it? I doubt their love was anything more special than anyone else's love. So why the fuck was he able to pull it off when the rest of the entire universe fell prey? I call complete utter bullshit. The power of MC pulled straight out of the directors ass yet again saves the day. Also explain to me just what makes Freyja so special that she technically pulled what only Royalty Windermerian's could do, getting their people "un-brainwashed"? And how Roid was unable to suck them back in after they broke free was beyond my comprehension. Was Mikumo's star singer power that useless that it couldn't even do that? Considering how powerful and feared she was suppose to be, that's a contradiction in terms by itself.
Also don't buy the "power of love triumphs all" bullshit. They never even bothered to explain why Freyja was able to do it when the rest of Walkure and even the Ariel Knights got caught up in Roid's brain-drain. The fuck makes HER so special that she could rival her own King?

Then there's the issue of mortality. Last two episodes indicated that those suites that the Walkure were wearing could be sliced through by mere sniper bullets. Yet this and every single fucking episode before this has the enemy throwing everything at them, Lasers, Missiles, Mortars, Mechs, the works, and yet NONE of them emerge with even a spec of dirt on them. Seriously, what the fuck? How is it that the suits couldn't stop a sniper bullet then? The power of sub charas is just as scary as that of MCs here.

Third, Roid's reasoning for taking over Mikumo was laughable at best. So he plugs himself into a machine, sets her off to sing and suddenly he becomes a god??? If that were so easily achieved, why the fuck did the ancient Protoculture not do so in the first place? No explinations at all, and no explinations as to why Roid would even know how to power the damn thing....

Fourth. No conclusion as to what the fuck happens to the corrupt UN faction and not even an appearance from Lady M. No conclusion to what happens to the Windermerians either. They are still technically at war with the rest of the galaxy. But nooo, we get no conclusion at all, just Hayate and an apparently deathly ill Freyja riding off into the Ragna sunset. Plus, why the fuck do I even care about Chuck finding his completely banged up sister anyway? It's not like they developed their characters so much that I actually gave a shit when she got stuck on their world.

Seriously too much bullshit and poor asspulling to this series. Worst, most unimpressive and totally senseless Macross I've had to watch thus far, and even the Minmay tidbit near the start by Mikumo couldn't save this show.

Being a fan of the franchise ever since I sat through the first series with my best friend nearly 3 decades ago, I can't even believe they've fallen so far down with this one. This is utter bullshit at it's finest. The only thing I can and will praise for this episode? The logo animation at the beginning, that had all the workings of the Macross series of old. Just that, for fucks sake....

And let me just add to that how they literally did nothing to Mirage character and I'm not even discussing about on the romance side here since they clearly couldn't even handle that properly but on just some character development for her like I dunno, maybe her pilot skills gets better or her bloodline gets explored because her grandparents are pilot GODS basically but nope they didn't even touch upon that shit because fuck Mirage and her legacy.
Nayrael said:
FlamingMangos said:
I find it funny that the people who really find the show bad are the ones making the discussion lively here. Usually when I find a show bad, I just drop the show and perhaps leave one comment and forget about it right away and move on watching other good shit.

There are differences between One-off shows and the franchises. The fans of franchises will always be present and lively, be they happy or disappointed with a certain member of the franchise.

Exactly, this is a long running franchise so ofc it's gonna get passionate in here and sadly this just ended up being the worst in it.

silverwalls said:
YES WE GOT A FREYJA X HAYATE ENDING THIS IS ALL I WANTED

At this point I didn't really care because the romance in this was much worse developed than the previous one and I just don't mean the love triangle overall but also between Hayate and Freyja and she's gonna die much earlier than him so who cares anyways.
Sep 27, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
liked the ending wished they incorporated more songs then were present this season in the last episode
Sep 27, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2013
While definitely rushed, i though it was a good ending to a great series
Im glad that i have gotten into macross
9/10
Sep 27, 2016 9:30 AM
Oct 2015
Music: 10/10
Fights & Mechas: 6/10
Romance: 8/10
Sep 27, 2016 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

I don't even have the energy to rant anymore. I feel cheated tbh.

@Tenth We waited 8 years from Frontier for this. Won't you feel sad. They start teasing the damn show at 2014. 2 years of hype for this. Oh well, the hype train comes to a wreck.
Sep 27, 2016 9:48 AM
Oct 2015
9.5/10
Really great finale.
Show was cheerful, and managed to HYPE up the scene with the Walkure's singing. Especially Freyja.
There was less hero-type aerial battles than before, seems more focused now on the idols' singing and motivation.
Even though the songs were reused, I think they are fitting to be used for the scenarios.
Mirage was a bit out of place, so it gets a 9.5 instead.
Sep 27, 2016 10:07 AM
Oct 2013
Whaaat? Just like that????
Well what can i say...

I watched all macross ever since the first series and i can say this is the worst macross ever.
Maybe because too much character in it so no one get meaningful character development.

The dogfigt? Boring...Not as good as frontier.

The story? Boring and feel rushed. Again..maybe because too much character.
They waste too mauch screentime on windermere politics.

The love triangle? Boring too...too bland and rushed...not much development on each side and they already saying i love u too each other LOL. It feels weird.
I did hope for mirage..even tho i'm ok with freyja...but...just like that??? Such a boring love story.

The music? Some of em good but overall not as good as frontier and the original SDF.

26 episodes is just not enough.

And the ending is just meh...

For me they waste interesting characters like mikumo, mirage, messer and the white knight...especially mikumo and mirage.

And who the f*** is lady M???
Sep 27, 2016 10:09 AM
Sep 2016
The episode was rushed, and the choice of the songs made me feel cheated. I liked both openings songs, but I was expecting something new for the final and wasn't impressed.

The pacing of the entire anime was rushed, with too much character development for Windermer's knights and not enough for the main characters. Not to mention sudden death that makes little sense and not enough casualty in the end. And why hasn't that damn captain hooked up with Kaname on screen?!

It's nice that everyone in the triangle confessed their love, but poor Mirage having to confess when Hayate clearly had already made his choice... I've been rooting for the underdogs for like, the three last macross show or so, and I'm sorry for her. Freya was cute and I don't mind the younger girl from winning, but somehow, I have trouble with some part of her character along the show. She grew a bit, which is a plus, but... There's something lacking in there.

I wouldn't say this one was better than Frontier. Mikumo's star singer powers are a plothole in themselves and the whole point of Lloyd (or Roid) makes little sense, although we could see his interference coming from miles away.

All in all, the fighting sequences were confusing, the ending was rushed, the wind didn't lift my wings and this last episode could have used a few more minutes, but at least, Hayate took a stand after being a dense guy for the entire serie.

I hope the next macross serie will have a boys band of pilots that sings as they fight against more menacing enemies than the must-evolve-into-ants-collective-entity kind.
Sep 27, 2016 10:10 AM

May 2015
I'm a bit disappointed with this shows story telling. Mikumo development came too late in the series and all that being controlled and saved in two episodes what it did to me was that all the potentially emotional moments I largely felt got nowhere... and ended doing for me the opposite that the show was trying to convey to me, they felt flat. Some of the support characters felt like strangers (too simplified) and only interacted with each other when the plot required them to do so... The actions/battles scenes/choreografy (where were the real fights between skilled pilots?! I missed the cockpits explosions & enemy disintegration scenes Macross style [I think I spotted one or maybe two in this show]), the music songs inserted at the right time? They were too scarce for my liking.

Ernest is a good tactician I was dissapointed because his past wasn’t explored aside from that picture shown in this show (he was alongside Gramia Nehrich Windermere)...

What no kissing scenes?! Well that hug/embrace at the end will do... I hope Freyja can have under her circumstances a normal life. I also hope she and Hayate have offspring…

Mirage aside from flash back tying ins I didn’t see her a well writing connection to his family name at that was a shame (the writers could have use the death of Messer as an character development tool for her) let’s say the data that Messer left about everyone flying she improved it specially Hayate's data (tying her to Messer - previous superior officer and surpassing him in terms of potential and flying instinct) thus the data that Hayate mention in this episode was improved by Mirage (Wingman & Wing-girl)…

Unanswered Questions:

1.What is Hayate Collar made of? Why is so important (aside that is his late father memento)?
2.What happened to the Windermere kingdom?
3.Any closure to Kaname and Arad? Any progress to their relationship?
4.What happend to the corrupt UN faction? They are all dead? UN issues solved?
5.How much Berger knows?
6.Lady M?

So many questions left unanswered... Dammit!

I was actually expecting Lady M to make an appearance or even the legendary Megaroad 1 appearing here but I guess I was expecting too much for a final episode...
Roy_FockerSep 28, 2016 9:39 PM
Sep 27, 2016 10:13 AM
Nov 2013
Honestly, I feel you all with the criticism. And yes, it was definitely worse than most other macross
thb walkure saved this show, i just think their songs and characters were great.

not even gonna start on the windermerians or love triangle.... that was just god awful

about the episode itself, i actually feel like it was pretty good, aside from the obvious plot holes that i started to ignore since the second half lol

enjoyment: 9/10
plot: 5/10
characters: 6/10
music: 9/10
animation: 7/10

overall 7 or 8 for me

ALL HAIL MIKUMO
Sep 27, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
What a disappointment. As a final episode, it just regurgitated finales from Macross past with nothing new to add. Roids plan was exactly what Grace was planning in Frontier. Same kind of ending but less impressive animation and fighting choreography. Way to go Satelight!

The first half of the series was ok, bu the second half was an absolute clusterfuck. Kawamori should be embarrased to put the Macross name to that. At one point it seemed that a lot of characters were just talking to fill up the 24 minutes and get on to the next episode.

The members of the triangle were sorely underdeveloped and valuable screen time was wasted on fanservice characters like Makina or Reina who were only there to appeal to certain niches of the faptaku demographic. About the only character who felt properly developed was Kaname.

What irks me the most is all this stupid azz retconning that Kawamori is doing post Macross Zero were everything has to do with the Protoculture and the Bird Human. Just stop. If the Protoculture's song weapon was so powerful, why the feck did they grow and produce those massive Zentran armies? It makes no sense.

L-Ryoshi said:

Agreed.
Sep 27, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Finally I can write my opinion based on this series. I think the songs including inserts/opening and ending is better than Macross Frontier. However for the anime series itself was rather decent/disappointing.

Macross frontier had a much better plot and romance development and the ending for the last episode was rather rushed and crap as they have missed out a lot of important points. What the crystal pendant crystal that Hayate had and what happened to Freyja?

In addition, the Walkure group, It seems to be like Freyja was the only important character and the other idols including Mikumo was just an extra character for something which I thought she be falling in love with Hayate which isn't even case.

Overall, I rate it an overall 6/10, Loved the soundtracks but the plot and character was just plain and no development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
doei said:

thb walkure saved this show, i just think their songs and characters were great.

I agree Walkure songs saved this series but the character for the series is disappointment. Think of this way, everyone from Walkure including Mikumo except Freyja was an side character which they didn't seem to influence the series at all. Then suddenly Mikumo is known as the star singer and it just went from there which I didn't get any feel from the story or character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 11:46 AM
Oct 2007
and it's finally over. I somehow stuck with it, so it's not that bad I guess but Frontier was WAY more enjoyable.
Sep 27, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
valvravetruth said:
FlamingMangos said:
2nd wife? Are you this serious? Do you underestimate love and shame this much? You don't think Mirage will feel any shame being with the guy that lost his gf and that gf is also her best friend who died a horrible death? You don't think Hayate's love for Freyja is that strong that he just moves on and goes out with his best friend, Mirage?

You watch too much anime really== and you need to relax. Taking a 2nd wife especially best friend with the husband and wife is common in real life. Plus I never said Hayate to take 2nd wife immediately, i did point out "thru time" means anything is possible. One true love is good and taking a 2nd time is not a shame at all, apologize to all the husband who marriage the 2nd time. Its called move on bro.

You are the one that underestimate love and shame at the same time. You need to think 1st then write and whats with the "horrible death" in your post, You are seriously imagining even worse than what I post out. Horrible death, really?

Under the scenario of Freyja last moment, she can actually ask Mirage to take care of Hayate whether as a best friend or wife and maybe even ask Hayate to marry Mirage. From then on its up to Hayate, 1 year or 10 years, a new love is possible. If that happens both Hayete Mirage will of course forever remember the love of Freyja, thats the bonds those 3 shared together. IF Hayate continue to only have one true love, then in fine with that.

I don't think it happens in the Macross franchise as there is only 1 wife/girlfriend but with the bland personality Hayate had it maybe but all the characters were Bland and Freyja was the only one for him
Sep 27, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2008
Delta was overall enjoyable, but it's never been nowhere near Plus, Zero or Frontier. "Hurr-durr-windurr", alternatively space nazi (attitude) swedish (drakens) russians (da!), bad guys or stepping back on small details, in visual department, from its predecessor (like often overlooked in anime directional propulsion, on the other hand fighters got thrust vectoring, so they got that going for them), is just a tip of an iceberg. Throughout the entire series it felt as if there was no clear plan for a good plot or the team didn't have enough funds.
Small edit:
I have to mention that my favourite part is with Mirage's snapshot when as a kid she climbed into a cockpit.
desuminatorSep 27, 2016 1:41 PM
Sep 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
Worst. Macross. EVER.

Seriously, what an insult to the franchise. God-awful writing, mediocre music in a series that is meant to thrive on the stuff, characters who were literally just put there for filler, enemies with laughable motives, poor explanations, and none of that Macross Magic. The best part of the entire show was the flashback to little Freyja singing Ai Oboete imasu ka.
Sep 27, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2009
What the hell just happened?

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Sep 27, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2013
TeaAnyOne said:
What the hell just happened?

They lived happily after for Hayate and Frejya kind of
Sep 27, 2016 1:20 PM
Apr 2011
I do not get it. I did not really get it in Frontier and do not understand it here. Why does no one want to be an almighty godlike being?
Sep 27, 2016 1:28 PM
Jan 2008
Too much, too late.

The series started fine, not counting the convoluted first episode, it reached a peak by episode 13 and after that they didn’t knew how to properly develop the rest of the story to reach this finale.

Such a great deal of time was lost in Windermere and their constant archaic preachings.
There wasn’t even a conclusion to their conflict since the last fight was a temporary truce and we are being left with a bunch of other unresolved mysteries as other people have pointed out before.

The only thing resolved was the love triangle and I’m at the very least pleased they went with the unusual outcome with Freyja. But it doesn’t mean much because the triangle was not supposed to exist in the first place and it’s also sad to see that a character I was so eager to be invested in like Mirage was wasted like that throughout the series.

Now comparing this to Frontier, being the previous entry in the canon, I have to say Delta had a bit more likable characters (though not that well written) but that’s about it. Surprisingly loses on all technical levels.

Delta was really messy, it had sporadic nice moments but for me they are not enough to warrant a second viewing, which is something I cannot say for the rest of the saga and believe me I didn’t want to be saying all this because I cherish this franchise and I will always be expecting to see it in top form every decade.
Sep 27, 2016 1:30 PM
Dec 2014
Well I am happy freyja with hayate, now just have to deal with this hole in my heart after watching in my opinion a good anime ending
Sep 27, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Well...that's one disappointment done. I'm really sad that my first time watching a Macross as it has aired(watched every other series after a friend got me started with Frontier) was this.

It started out great, a little weak at times, but overall decent enough. The second half was horrible. Before this started, I told my friend that I really wanted to see an entry with a female pilot for a main character, especially as part of the love triangle. Then we learn more about Delta. She's a Jenuis to boot. I thought this was going to be amazing. And even with her lack of real development, she was still the highlight of me watching it(well, besides Mikumo) and yet... she got shafted so much. She loses the Triangle(or what there is of it), she spends most of her time as nothing more than a glorified back ground character, and when
. So yes. This was a severe disappointment.

My only consolation is that Mikumo is a real good singer, and I love these songs. I just wish the writer (not Kawamori, he's more the big picture guy) wasn't such a shit about this. Time to wait another 10 years for a TV series. I hope the movies save this though.
Sep 27, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
Disappointed.

I will rewatch Macross DYRL to forget this one, Macross Frontier wasn't a masterpiece but i enjoyed it more especially the songs.

Su much potential wasted on Mirage.
Sep 27, 2016 2:19 PM

Mar 2016
NeoRevan said:
I hope the movies save this though.

^ i was thinking the same

yes, please
Sep 27, 2016 2:20 PM
Feb 2015
FlamingMangos said:
Fai said:
Officially worst macross.

I guess he had to make a macross where DogHairRanka wins to appease the fanbois who were salty that actual better option won in Frontier. Well at least Freya will die soon, so Hayate won't h ave to suffer the genki girl syndrome forever.

I wish that was the ony problem with this show. But Delta has way too many problems
- Mirage got robbed of characterization. Considering her family backstory and everything she got nothing.
- We know literally nothing about most of characters in the show. Even the supposed main love interest Freya has literally nothing going for her except "I am really happy all t he time and really love singing y'all!!11oneone". Even Ranka, with all of her insufferable personality had more effort put into her.
- Hayate is a non-character. He started interesting and then NOTHING happened to his character. What are his beliefs? Does he have beliefs? How did he change? We know nothing. The fact that he randomly confesses to a girl without showing any emotions towards any of them till now just highlights the problem.
- The whole second half of the show baring few episodes was a trainwrecky mess.
- This had worst villains Macross ever had. Literally. Could not give a shit about Windies at all.

8/10 for first half of the show
4/10 for second half of the show.
Overall rating: 5/10

This is said by the person who support bad writing like tradition. The hypocrisy. How much do you want to bet that you would have a lot more positive impression on the show if it followed traditions? You can clearly see the salt in your post.

Fai said:
P.S Any newcomers to the franchise - just go watch Macross Frontier. It is far more satisfying and fulfilling experience than this mess. It still has songs and all the mecha fighting alongside those songs, but it also happens to have actual complex characters, a protagonist with a personal journey, a good romance and actually well done pacing.

"Please watch Macross Frontier because it follows traditions unlike Delta!"

THIS ^^^^^ Best Post ever Totally agree with it!!!! Even if Kawamori-sensei decided to give more story development to the characters especially between Haya x Mira but choose to break the "Macros Tradition" by making Haya end up with Fre many people would still be salty as fuck. From the start Freyja was destined to be with Hayate no question there. The problem here is people keep calling the show shit because the plot wall over the place, characters were treating poorly especially Mirage but I'm 100% sure if Mirage won at the end people wouldn't be bitchng as much as they are now :/ I know people will say it's not true but I know for a fact it is and no one will tell me otherwise.

Anywasy OMF the whole episode had me like this especially after Haya confessed to is precious Fre <3 *cries*

Everything about it was perfect I can't complain about anything my fucken otp got together at the it cant any better then that , take that Mirage :'D

IF I COULD RATE MORE THEN A 1O I WOULD BUT MAL DOESN'T ALLOW IT SO A 10 FOR ME !! Heard on GG website that there's a rumor about a sequel happening hoping its true I wanna see what happens in the aftermath wanna know if Haya and Fre marry and have kids but most of all a fucken a kiss between them D:

Anyways Kawamori-sensei pleaseee start working on a sequel for delta or Aquarion Evol please I want more Mecha/Romance anime from you ^_^
Sep 27, 2016 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
-Janet said:
Heard on GG website that there's a rumor about a sequel happening hoping its true I wanna see what happens in the aftermath wanna know if Haya and Fre marry and have kids but most of all a fucken a kiss between them D:

just seeing all the stuf that they left out it may be a posibility
i saw the last episode and i thought this needs another season (a better one hopefuly) and maybe they can change this big mess they made in this last 13 episodes

i started seeing the macross saga because delta, i knew about it but i never saw it, i have to say that frontier was k (better done than this one, yes, the movies help it a lot) but delta had something special that they couldn't manage and use in their benefits, i think the characters were more charismatics but they didn't give them a good story to envolve

ahhh damn delta u_u
Sep 27, 2016 2:37 PM

Apr 2013
Started off promising but the 2nd half was shit they spent too much time on uncesserary bullshit and rushed the ending plus they picked a horrible heroine.
Sep 27, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
-Janet said:
Heard on GG website that there's a rumor about a sequel happening hoping its true I wanna see what happens in the aftermath wanna know if Haya and Fre marry and have kids but most of all a fucken a kiss between them D:

I don't think Freyja survived if you saw what happened. Though if there was a sequel, it needs to be tidied with character development and plot with action
Sep 27, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2016
Renaultclio101 said:
-Janet said:

I don't think Freyja survived if you saw what happened. Though if there was a sequel, it needs to be tidied with character development and plot with action

She reduced her lifespan but i think she has at least 5-8 years before dying.
Sep 27, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2008
For a brief moment i thought we'll finally see something epic, when the Elysion class started to transform, then it started to "dance" on the water, and i lost lost all hope.

Other than that it's an average mecha, and crap amongst other Macross titles.
It's still better than Macross 7 though.

6/10.
Sep 27, 2016 3:54 PM
Aug 2016
@-Janet ._. . It's not bitching just issues but you probably can look at others since you have been at love war with fai(fair still has some points though except for tradition which was a weak bullet). Take me for example i love this show so much to give it a 10 but there were undeniable issues。 i like fre fre (deserved to win inlike ranka whom i dislike)x haya haya ending despite the lack of struggles to win. But there's definitely more to macross than just shipping and OTP happening because your post implies pure hard shipping and shuts everything else out. Nothing wrong with that. But try to chill and take time to look at the bigger picture. I am only able to express a lot of things now that macross delta has finished. Folks like yk97 and l ryoushi have points which stand. However, the show isn't horrible to me despite the obvious flaws running in it. Read my review too it might put things in perspective. :)

PS: If you say that you are 100% sure about the 100% thing.That "fact" is your opinion. People would really bitch due to the bad flow if Mirage somehow won with all that build up which adds to plot issues. Just because people have issues with other aspects doesn't mean all of them want a mirage win.
alterzeroSep 27, 2016 8:29 PM
Sep 27, 2016 4:11 PM

Mar 2016
Vargr said:
For a brief moment i thought we'll finally see something epic, when the Elysion class started to transform, then it started to "dance" on the water, and i lost lost all hope.

6/10.

I feel kinda offended since I consider M7 to be a decent show (crap ending though). Plus, Delta has less mecha than your average mecha Gundam. How about that?
YK97Sep 27, 2016 4:15 PM
Sep 27, 2016 4:13 PM

Jan 2009
so Macross Delta is like the season 2 of the Vajra (Macross Frontier) concept of hive mind or universal fuse consciousness of all living beings, i enjoyed it

but for the love triangle it breaks the tradition of the childish girl not winning
i still like Mirage better than Freyja despite Mirage barely have meaningful dialog and screen time
Sep 27, 2016 4:13 PM

Mar 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
9/10

I'm glad that you took interest in this franchise. I would suggest you watch other series and then come back to express your opinion on this show. :)
Sep 27, 2016 4:20 PM
Aug 2016
j0x said:
so Macross Delta is like the season 2 of the Vajra (Macross Frontier) concept of hive mind or universal fuse consciousness of all living beings, i enjoyed it

but for the love triangle it breaks the tradition of the childish girl not winning
i still like Mirage better than Freyja despite Mirage barely have meaningful dialog and screen time

Who cares about tradition!(i don't) Shoji wanted OTP. Sponsors wanted love triangle. It would have been more believable if he was able to OTP. As much as i love the cutest girl in macross winning, she won it too smoothly since the sponsors probably must have said love triangle without specifying what kind of love triangle. Shoji v sponsors: one-sided love triangle since it's still a love triangle. Mirage's involvement in the barely existent love triangle was soooo bad despite the little moments she felt more like a fellow combatant than a friend(yes she's definitely less than a friend) . Freyja won by a ratio of 100:1. Hope he still gets enough to make a delta movie though with better romance between hayate and freyja...i don't find it romantic enough...they didn't kiss on top of all those friendly moment(some people found it romantic but i cannot feel the power unlike episode 18 hametsu no junjou)
alterzeroSep 27, 2016 4:27 PM
Sep 27, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
alterzero said:
j0x said:

Who cares about tradition!(i don't) Shoji wanted OTP. Sponsors wanted love triangle. It would have been more believable if he was able to OTP. As much as i love the cutest girl in macross winning, she won it too smoothly since the sponsors probably must have said love triangle without specifying what kind of love triangle. Shoji v sponsors: one-sided love triangle since it's still a love triangle. Mirage was soooo bad despite the little moments she felt more like a fellow combatant than a friend(yes she's definitely less than a friend) . Freyja won by a ratio of 100:1

i do not care, i still like Mirage without much reason other than i like underdogs on romance

besides the first Macross we saw Lisa (the underdog) won against Lynn Minmay too anyway

i do not mind if Freyja won at all, im just a fan of characters like Mirage
Sep 27, 2016 4:29 PM
Aug 2016
j0x said:
alterzero said:

Who cares about tradition!(i don't) Shoji wanted OTP. Sponsors wanted love triangle. It would have been more believable if he was able to OTP. As much as i love the cutest girl in macross winning, she won it too smoothly since the sponsors probably must have said love triangle without specifying what kind of love triangle. Shoji v sponsors: one-sided love triangle since it's still a love triangle. Mirage was soooo bad despite the little moments she felt more like a fellow combatant than a friend(yes she's definitely less than a friend) . Freyja won by a ratio of 100:1

i do not care, i still like Mirage without much reason other than i like underdogs on romance

besides the first Macross we saw Lisa (the underdog) won against Lynn Minmay too anyway

Take note i editted my post in case you misunderstood the mirage is sooo bad part cuz i meant her involvement in love triangle was bad. She was mercilessly sidelined
Sep 27, 2016 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
YK97 said:
Vargr said:

6/10.

I feel kinda offended since I consider M7 to be a decent show (crap ending though). Plus, Delta has less mecha than your average mecha Gundam. How about that?

I don't know how is that supposed to make up for all the faults that show had.
Starting from the crappy animation, through the annoying mc, to the crap plot.
There is most likely more to it than i can remember, as i've seen a thousand other title since 7.

On a side note, while gundam and macross might take up a huge slice of the mecha pie (well, mainly Gundam), theres a lot more to this genre than just this 2 brand.
Sep 27, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2009
alterzero said:
j0x said:

Take note i editted my post in case you misunderstood the mirage is sooo bad part cuz i meant her involvement in love triangle was bad. She was mercilessly sidelined

i still do not care, im simply a fan of underdog characters especially in romance
Sep 27, 2016 4:38 PM

Sep 2015
Going to miss my weekly Walkure! They're just amazinggggg. Got some of the songs on my phone.

Show was iffy sometimes but overall pretty good. 6.5/10
Sep 27, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
YK97 said:
SakurasouBusters said:
9/10

I'm glad that you took interest in this franchise. I would suggest you watch other series and then come back to express your opinion on this show. :)

I am fairly easy to please, so im sure ill still enjoy it, but ive been watching the original Macross as well, and i do like it better than Delta, is there a particular Macross series that is your favorite
Sep 27, 2016 4:47 PM

Mar 2016
Vargr said:
YK97 said:

I don't know how is that supposed to make up for all the faults that show had.
Starting from the crappy animation, through the annoying mc, to the crap plot.
There is most likely more to it than i can remember, as i've seen a thousand other title since 7.

On a side note, while gundam and macross might take up a huge slice of the mecha pie (well, mainly Gundam), theres a lot more to this genre than just this 2 brand.

I do watch a lot of mecha but Delta just skimmed on it.
Sep 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
not the strongest macross series not the weakest either strongest soundtrack by far though in delta enjoyed the ride thought they dicked around a little to much in the latter episode would of liked a little more frejya hayate but it is what it is. Will miss this show greatly
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Sep 27, 2016 5:56 PM
Nov 2012
Not that really sold on the frontier attempt on their songs selection, really hated how much episode was wasted on Roid ranting on and the triangle thing & for some reason i don't believe Roid & Keith are dead.

Would not prefer a movie, we know the first half was suppose to be a movie but the 2nd half, that would be a mess to turn that into a movie & then try to fix it they would have too many things, it would be squished.

I would rather prefer if they do a sequel for many reasons. First they mentioned lady m who is still vague and her connection to mikumo & her intentions are unknown. Berger is kind of setup to be a bigger villain. Heinz said they would deal with the U.N later, windermere are still at war but then again Heinz also said he would begin peace talks.
Sep 27, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
YK97 said:

I am fairly easy to please, so im sure ill still enjoy it, but ive been watching the original Macross as well, and i do like it better than Delta, is there a particular Macross series that is your favorite

My favorite? Huh... I don't think I have one in particular. But here are some that I enjoy:

Macross 7 is fun to watch. It had that slice of life style that I very much enjoy. I do not agree with the lame ending and unresolved triangle that it presents but definitely have good rock and roll music in it.You'll need to be laid back when you approach this series since it's THE MOST controversial of them all. I do recommend you finishing the first Macross since it carries some characters to it.

The original is always gold for me. It was what hooked me into the Macross fan that I'm today. "Do You Remember Love" is a retelling of the original. It has updated graphics, not bad battle choreography + one of the most iconic songs of the franchise. (It made me cry because of how emotional it is. ) The original, however, do flesh out all its characters unlike all of his successors . I think if you're going to watch the original first, you'll have a blast of a time.

As for Valkyrie battle choreography, I would suggest Frontier and its movies. They have the most dynamic + fluid battle sequences of the franchise. (Songs in Frontier are quite good. Keep in mind May'n who's singing Sheryl songs and Megumi Nakajima for Ranka's songs. They have the talent and use it very well.)

For dog fights, Macross Zero and Plus are the ones to watch. Their story is rather average but fight+flight sequences are simply mind opening.
Sep 27, 2016 6:18 PM

Aug 2012
-Janet said:
FlamingMangos said:

This is said by the person who support bad writing like tradition. The hypocrisy. How much do you want to bet that you would have a lot more positive impression on the show if it followed traditions? You can clearly see the salt in your post.

"Please watch Macross Frontier because it follows traditions unlike Delta!"

THIS ^^^^^ Best Post ever Totally agree with it!!!! Even if Kawamori-sensei decided to give more story development to the characters especially between Haya x Mira but choose to break the "Macros Tradition" by making Haya end up with Fre many people would still be salty as fuck. From the start Freyja was destined to be with Hayate no question there. The problem here is people keep calling the show shit because the plot wall over the place, characters were treating poorly especially Mirage but I'm 100% sure if Mirage won at the end people wouldn't be bitchng as much as they are now :/ I know people will say it's not true but I know for a fact it is and no one will tell me otherwise.

Anywasy OMF the whole episode had me like this especially after Haya confessed to is precious Fre <3 *cries*

Everything about it was perfect I can't complain about anything my fucken otp got together at the it cant any better then that , take that Mirage :'D

IF I COULD RATE MORE THEN A 1O I WOULD BUT MAL DOESN'T ALLOW IT SO A 10 FOR ME !! Heard on GG website that there's a rumor about a sequel happening hoping its true I wanna see what happens in the aftermath wanna know if Haya and Fre marry and have kids but most of all a fucken a kiss between them D:

Anyways Kawamori-sensei pleaseee start working on a sequel for delta or Aquarion Evol please I want more Mecha/Romance anime from you ^_^

Ok, so... a few thoughts. First off, Mirage looked so bad because they spent almost zero time actually giving her character. Most of the characters didn't get any time being characterized. Also, I'm guessing you haven't seen many, if any, of the earlier Macross entries, cause those traditions is a big part of the franchise. One that I haven't really seen mentioned is the lack of any sort of version of "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" which really annoys me. Did this throw some traditions away? Yes. Is that necessarily a bad thing? I'll admit, not always. But especially with Macross, traditions are the bedrock of the series. To just dismiss that out of hand, is to spit on the last 30 years of Macross. They just generally handled this very poorly, with the most lopsided 'triangle' I've seen. Also, the reason people are talking about a sequel? 100% Macross tradition. There is always a Movie version of the original, and more often then not, its a complete re-write of the series(this is what tipped me off your pretty new to the series) and also almost every time(actually, every time AFAIK) the movie is the cannon entry. And Macross Frontier is the best entry in the series. Its the Gold Standard. Which is another reason why Delta is falling so flat with so many long time fans, because this is following the greatest entry to date(well, DYRL could be debated, but that's neither here nor there).

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinions, however wrong others might think of them. But as somewhere between a veteran of this series(started in 2011 with Frontier and DYRL) and a newbie(this is the first Macross series that I've watched as it airs) please, remember that this is an old franchise and an old fanbase. This is being compared to a long history of high quality(for the most part) entries. You can come in here and give your opinion, but especially if its your first Macross, don't say its the best thing ever. This is only surpassed by Dynamite (and a movie that doesn't exist) in how bad it was, and part of that is the pedigree from which it came. I am glad that more people are getting into the series, don't get me wrong. I'm glad your happy with the outcome of the 'Triangle'. But there is so much better out there. If you don't want to start with Frontier, then fine. So be it. Then at least watch DYRL.
NeoRevanSep 27, 2016 6:26 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM

» Would this be appealing to someone who watched Macross Frontier only and loved it?

kUshPandA_ENJOi - Oct 9, 2017

7 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.