Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 5, 2016 2:43 AM

Jun 2016
I SAW IT COMING, BUT GOD DAMN MY HEART!!

I'm not okay T^T
Oct 5, 2016 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
Well, animation in this episode was really lazy done..
Oct 9, 2016 2:42 AM
Mar 2012
lol that lowres lego ship, and Vincent's scar disappears randomly.
That mafia moment when Avillio's forced to kill best bro, quite painful for him. He hesitated whether Nero had to die or not earlier, now this hardens his revenge goal.
Oct 9, 2016 10:44 PM

May 2014
That really was the best decision Corteo could've made- he was gonna get caught and killed eventually anyway...so why not go by your best friend's hand, whilst clearing any suspicions about him so he can get his ultimate revenge?

Honestly, what a bro.

Still feel so sorry for Angelo though...he's subjecting himself to so much torture for all of this and I don't think the payoff is truly worth it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
Ouch. Damn, it hurts. I should've realized that tragedy flag already thereeee!!! right at that happy moments between them.
Oct 14, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending :/ at least he was killed like that and not by anyone else!
Oct 21, 2016 1:11 PM
Sep 2015
I may or may not have shed a cinematic tear for Corteo. He was like the best.... Just WHY!
Oct 26, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2016
A death flag in anime is usually waving in the air violently when they put in happy moments of the target and the MC in a very relaxing and sweet way, I forgot about that after not watching this for two months and I let my guard down until I remembered that anyone can die in the Mafia.

Damn it, Corteo. You just had to come back and let Avilio put you down. There's no saving him after what he's done and that was the only way to immediately remove suspicion, he's pretty much a goner. Angelo's smile was disturbingly morbid.

Due to a horrid cold and cough, I had to opt for crying internally :'/

Oct 27, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2014
That gunshot scared the fuck out of me,good ending. With the sinister smile and all.
Dec 22, 2016 4:14 PM
Dec 2016
Even though Corteo had it coming, I was very surprised that Angelo was the one to pull the trigger. I honestly did not want either of them to die. I am hoping it was just a fake like with Nero. I wanted them to live a normal life in Chicago, but not everything goes as planned. I really want everything to turn out alright but based on this story line, I predict not. I am truly sad though.
Dec 22, 2016 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
Poor Corteo! :((((
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 8, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
ill meet you soon . holy shit this anime
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jan 16, 2017 11:54 AM
Jan 2016
What a tragic episode :(
Mar 13, 2017 3:42 PM
Aug 2014
This episode was the climaxe of the whole story imo, everything came together
"See you soon", you could see the determination, because he had nothing left than his crusade of revenge, and the pain that he had no other choice than to kill his own brother in achieving it
May 26, 2017 8:39 PM

Jun 2015
I'm not surprised Corteo was going to die, it was coming for him anyway. I'm just a little sad at how he went off, that Nero went and made Avilio kill him.
Corteo mentioned that Avilio's been back for three months, so that'd be 90 days. That means the 11-12th episode might be the 91st day, or it's just the 11th episode being the 91st day and the 12th serving as some sort of epilogue.
I have a feel though what Avilio said at the end, "we'll meet soon" heavily implied suicide though, so maybe not an epilogue.
Aug 27, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2013
Corteo was such an awesome bro coming back for him.

I knew he was eventually going to die but that ending was still pretty sad to see.
Sep 9, 2017 12:09 AM

May 2013
Well, this way Corteo would be satisfied with his death. To be killed by his brother that he loves most is the best way to die. It just sucks for Angelo but he cares a lot for Corteo and his motivation should be spiked up even higher now with this trigger (pun not intended).
Oct 12, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2010
Corteo died for the plot so now we can all root for MC to kill them all. Ealier on there might have been few people who wouldn't want to see Nero die, because generally speaking Nero was quite likeable character and amongst the mafia guys he didn't strike as someone that must die but now it's GG. Corteo was probably one of the few truly good and innocent characters in the show and yet he was killed... it's time for MC to do his tricks.

Still, I don't know if the show is trying to strike it as obvious but rather than plot-twist MC dies at then, the plot twist is only if MC doesn't die.
Oct 14, 2017 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Well, Corteo knew already that he will die, it's only a matter of time when. Luckily, it was Avilio who killed him thanks to Nero...

Deep in his mind, Avilio hated forcefully killing his best friend
Oct 19, 2017 1:09 PM

May 2016
FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DID HE HAVE TO DIE. NERO YOU FUCKING BASTARD JUST DIE ALREADY.
Oct 31, 2017 1:59 AM

Dec 2015
I was already feeling the tragedy oncoming just seeing the happier (in such a long time) moments between Corteo and Angelo. Their friendship/brotherhood, is, at least, reaffirmed to be strong especially on the former's end. :c Corteo didn't deserve anything of what he went through all this time, he was a true brother indeed, and such a stark contrast to Frate. Frate who was Nero's blood brother but is not above killing him, and then there's Corteo who did stumble along the way but ultimately just wanted to save Angelo.

A brother for a brother. Nero killed Frate, and now Angelo was forced to kill Corteo. Karma comes back in brutality, especially for our vengeful protagonist.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dec 27, 2017 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
Angelo is going on a ship.
Corteo lives.
Angelo is back.
Angelo has a gun pointed at him.
Corteo appears.
Angelo has to kill Corteo.
Because they're brothers.
Angelo will see him soon.

RIP Corteo.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 9, 2018 1:11 AM
Nov 2015
Angelo threatens Ganzo that if he wouldn't allow Corteo to escape, he would send the letter to Nero. It was nice that Corteo was able to escape while Angelo is going to Chicago. It was nice seeing them together for a while. However, Angelo's favorite place being in the zoo was quite sad since Luce wanted to go there. But everything was robbed away by the Vanettis. Things were going well, but instead Barbero went to investigate matters in the port to see whether Corteo escaped in the port. I'm starting to really hate this guy, no offense but I kinda want to see him dead in the next episode.

It was really a sad when Ganzo had called Corteo to come back since Angelo is in deep trouble. All along, he wanted to start anew with Angelo, being his brother. But assuming that Barbero is insecured and hungry for power, with Angelo, I'm sure he wanted to get rid of those two. If seeing Corteo having a happy ending without him getting captured and getting killed would seem off in this show. I did thought that Nero was gonna shoot up, but instead he freaking passed that pistol to Angelo. This is the first time that I felt sad in a mafia-related show. Seeing his own best friend (brother) getting killed by his own hands is really painful to watch. It was hard to grasp in my heart as Angelo kept asking him why he had to come back. After all, Corteo did thought of him as a loving brother. While this ends up with another tragic loss for Angelo, I can sense that he is no longer backing down with shooting Nero. Although he mentioned that he'd see him again on the other side, I'd assume that perhaps they'll end up killing each other.

On side note: I liked both of Corteo's hairstyle.
May 14, 2018 8:53 PM

Feb 2015
rip corteo, but i don't feel anything for angelo. he was a crappy brother, regardless of his past. he shouldn't even have the gall to feel bad over killing his "friend".
Nov 24, 2018 2:01 AM
Oct 2017
I really thought corteo would be spared after all that happened.
Then again in life people cannot run from their past.

I never thought Angelo would kill him. RIP
Jan 26, 2019 7:43 PM
Apr 2016
I fucking swear if Nero doesn't get tortured for hours before death I won't be able to sleep at night... Motherfucking "you kill him" my fucking ASS.
Feb 8, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2017
Everyone hating on Nero is so fcking immature. This is how mafia works, it was obvious he was going to hand over the gun to Angelo, it was the best opportunity for him to prove his faithfulness and trustworthiness to the family.

Now it really sucks in the perspective of Angelo that he killed his friend, but I don't think he had to. It was a means to an end but he could have valued his kyodai's life more than his revenge, it was more of that kind of dilemma.. 'Do you value your brother's life more than a revenge desire? or are you that entitled on this idea of revenge that you'll even go as to sacrifice your own brother?'

It has nothing to do with Nero's decision, it's about how far is Angelo capable of going, how much is he willing to sacrifice to attain his objective.

I was still shocked at the ending though, Angelo is going to be way too ravaged by this. Nobody can go through that much mentally and go unharmed, he'll go all messed up for sure. You get a little idea of that with the creepy smile at the end.

I'm curious to know if he'll be able to kill Nero though, he probably will but it won't be easy for him.
hellodarknesssFeb 8, 2019 5:33 PM
Jun 16, 2019 5:25 AM

Nov 2010
What a heart breaking episode. I totally didn't see this coming, Corteo being killed by Angelo. What a tragic turn of events, but thanks to this, he'll be able to get close to the people he needs to kill.
Nov 27, 2019 12:06 AM

May 2010
Ganzo is gonna be the real winner by the end of this.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 20, 2020 9:15 AM

Dec 2018
Well, Corteo caused his own misery by joining Fango in the first place. RIP, he doesn't even get to college.

I guess Angelo is going to kill Ganzo too for calling Corteo to come, but Angelo still don't know of this.

All the people that Angelo care in this world are gone.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Mar 20, 2020 2:01 AM
Mar 2020
my poor cotton candy corteo.you poor precious soul.
Apr 3, 2020 5:26 AM
Aug 2018
That was really sad
May 1, 2020 10:46 PM

Dec 2015
Even if the animation wasn't that good, the last scene was perfectly executed. That OST track called "Arrivederci" (Farewell) is a great choice for the atmosphere.
Jun 18, 2020 9:32 AM
Oct 2018
Corteos dead either way. he made the right choice.
Aug 2, 2020 12:31 PM

Jun 2020
Daaamn the face at the end though, I felt really bad that he killed Corteo, but him saying 'I'll see you soon' brought it back full circle cuz he doesn't have any plan of living on after his revenge either
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 6, 2020 3:56 PM
Aug 2020
"i'll see you soon" WTF WAS THAT :')
Sep 3, 2020 8:44 PM
May 2019
NoValueNobs said:
Honestly was doubting Avilio could kill Nero, but after this episode I have no doubt he will do everything to do so.

YES! I was having the same doubt!
And I believed Avilio would end out alive with Corteo, well... guess I was terribly mistaken
Sep 7, 2020 3:38 AM
Nov 2014
Bushishi said:
Shion657 said:

Hell yeah I can't wait till he gets what he deserves stupid Nero bitch.

Actually, I'm hoping that the anime will make Nero more likeable so there will be an inner conflict of Angelo's as to whether he should kill him or not (the opening hints at this).

if anything I'd say he was likeable enough until this episode. What he asked Avilio/Angelo to do is what will probably seal his fate
Nov 2, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2019
avilio killing corteo? him saying "i'll see you soon" and grinning?

in hindsight, i should have seen him planning to commit suicide/expecting to die as his 'raison d'être' is revenge. once he has achieved this, he has no more purpose and therefore no reason to live. i think he has officially lost it.

this was honestly so sad. i saw corteo dying but not avilio having to kill him on nero's orders. definitely the best episode so far. i'm not too fussed about the animation: i know the studio had budget cuts and stuff :(
Jan 25, 2021 5:54 AM

Dec 2017
this show is too cruel, angelo having witnessed his entire family murdered in front of his eyes, now to killing his 'brother' with his own hand just so he could get revenge. rip corteo, ur death was inevitable. but man u vanetti, u're just adding more fuel to the fire. really good episode tho.

Mar 7, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2020
Things got ugly. No matter what but Corteo died. How cruel Angelo had to do it by his own hand!!!
Mar 7, 2021 9:39 AM

Oct 2020
spectrojan said:
Fuck reading signatures, you could be watching One Piece instead.

Give One Piece a shot, no listen. I started One Piece, I watched the first few episodes, I thought it was good. After watching episode 24, I was convinced it was a great show. After finishing episode 37, I was convinced it was a masterpiece and then it continued to deliver and still stands up now. Try it once, if you can watch till ep 37 and still think that it's just an alright show at best, then drop it by all means. (write an L on your forehead while you're at it)

Thanks for reading, if you did. Also fuck your favourite anime if it's not One Piece.r

Just noticed your signature but believe me, you are damn correct. First I was avoiding this show. Later I thought I should give it a try as Luffy looks amazing in the banners. But then I started to feel the same thing you felt. It is becoming an addiction now.

Apologies for saying off topics.
Apr 8, 2021 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
Am I really the only one who tore up at the "because we're brothers" part?
Apr 15, 2021 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
Sucks that Corteo died, at least it was Angelo who did it. That grin at the end was crazy. I'm expecting him to die too </3
Apr 22, 2021 2:37 AM

Apr 2020
It was a sad episode, but Angelo ended it with a fucking smile wth

Climax, let's gooo!!!
Apr 23, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2010
The art experienced a number of off-model instances, the animation is choppy and stilted, and and the story feels like it needed a few more episodes, as it feels somewhat rushed to hit that 91 days mark.

That being said, holy crap this is a great drama.
Jun 4, 2021 5:42 PM

Jan 2021
I had to fight back tears. Fucking mafia anime making me get emotionally attached to its characters and shit.

Side note, I think this was the biggest/only display of strong emotions Barbero has had this whole series.
CalmTeaTimeJan 9, 2022 6:54 PM
Jun 5, 2021 7:45 PM
May 2020
wow um that was a lot of damage
Jun 26, 2021 6:36 PM

Apr 2019
Why would you kill the one person left from your childhood. It makes no sense to me. Revenge for the ones you loved? What about the only friend you had? Doesn’t make sense.

Jul 15, 2021 6:01 PM

Apr 2018
''Because we're brothers'', he really killed him.. his own childhood friend.. all for revenge. That's some next level shit.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.