Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I thought the episode was pretty fun with more game mechanics. (looks like the game focused one some fantasy themes with main heroine)

Nene got quite a bit this episode as a part time debuggger. She needs more confidence as Aoba's friend! Yum pudding...
Stark700Aug 22, 2016 8:46 AM
Aug 22, 2016 7:02 AM
Nov 2015
This anime is the best,charismatic girls,great jokes and every episode is getting better(not like Love Crap sunshine)
Aug 22, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2012
Kawaiiiiii Nenecchi joins the crew as a debugger! Yay! XD

That pudding theft mystery sure was dramatic! XD
Aug 22, 2016 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nenecchi is being a part-timer debugger in Aoba's game company!
Aug 22, 2016 9:17 AM
Apr 2015
Nenecchi is so fucking adorable. And everyone else too.
Aug 22, 2016 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
Nene is more childish than Aoba xD
It looks like she will still be a debugger in those next episodes, or maybe just one

(give Hifumi more screen time!)
Aug 22, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2010
Nenecchi is the best girl, in this show. So naturally, this is the best episode, so far.

Also, she seems far more competent, and knowledgeable, in regards to her job, than Aoba has ever seemed to come off. Those notes were badass. I wonder, if she'll get hired permanently.

I like how Umiko is still scary to anyone who doesn't know her true personality. xD.
Aug 22, 2016 9:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Rin is such a sweetheart, any company would be lucky with someone like her.
Aug 22, 2016 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
Fun episode, No service this week though. :3

As expected Nenecchi did join the company and as a debugger as well. As fun as it may look, Beta Testing/Debugging is a pretty tedious job.
We actually got some shots of the game itself, It reminds me of something but I'm not able to pinpoint what I find the game similar too.

Nenecchi is quite good at her job, That's a lot of notes she has there. Sophia-chan alive route ftw.
It's also funny to see Nenecchi's fickle opinion on the company xD

The pudding theft mystery was adorable, It was so sweet of Rin to cover up for Nenecchi. I was actually surprised she even noticed in the first place, Quite the vigilant and reliable AD she is.
Aug 22, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
Nenecchi joining part time was pretty predictable but fun nonetheless

Great episode as usual. I'm looking forward to next week

Aug 22, 2016 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
yay an episode on nenecchi and also on debugging. this episode felt like it lacked a little something still enjoyable especially the pudding guilt and any scene with nene and umiko.
Aug 22, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
With that attitude of Nenecchi having and with Umiko that seems watching her pretty much, it will be lots of fun in the company. And now Rin has one more person that thought her as a "mother" figure.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 22, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2010
Nenecchi felt more like the protagonist this episode than Aoba, cute episode. We need more Hifumi soon tho

Rin is the mom figure
Aug 22, 2016 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
TragicRomance said:
Nenecchi felt more like the protagonist this episode than Aoba, cute episode. We need more Hifumi soon tho

Rin is the mom figure

Welp it was an episode to show more of Nenecchi's character so I suppose that could certainly be the case. Need more Aoba x Hifumi and Nene has certainly found her special someone ;D

Rin is certainly the series mom; OTP with Ko-chan also ;p
Aug 22, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, Nene is so cute with her reaction haha.
Too much moe *nose bleed*
Aug 22, 2016 12:53 PM

Nov 2015
I'm just not seeing the appeal of Nene playing a larger role in this series. She was beyond annoying, truly childish (but not in a cute way), and made this episode my least favorite so far. I've generally felt that this show is about a 5/10 overall, since that's about my tolerance limit, and it's a featherweight show that's not bad for Summer viewing. I now wonder if New Game! will even rate a 4. Amaama to Inazuma is so much better in every way, and even Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!, also a lightweight show, at least has somewhat more engaging characters. Blah.
Aug 22, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty dull on the 2nd half today

Aug 22, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2016
Wasn't the best episode, but was still enjoyable. I can't help but laugh to myself that they acted so serious and sincere over some pudding.
Aug 22, 2016 1:55 PM
May 2015
A 100 yen pudding...That's like a dollar right? I love how Kou and Rin decided to make a big deal out of it. Well, the lesson here is it's still stealing even if the item in question is a dollar or a penny. Not like Nenechi intended to steal the pudding..Although, I wished Nenechi just confessed that she stole but I'm satisfied with how this episode ended.

Also, Nenechi's voice reminds me of that protagonist's little sister from Amagami SS..Am I the only one?

Haha, debugging..They make it look so easy and fun here. That's what I love about this anime in the first place..

5/5 Might be the best episode yet. I laughed way more than the last episode and that "Air-con scene" in episode 5.

Aug 22, 2016 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
I can finally confirm that males do not exist any where in the office.
Aug 22, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode as always, if Nenecchi knew how much Aoba care about Sophia-chan, she wouldn't report "Sophia-chan doesn't die" bug
Aug 22, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2010
Akio-kun said:
I can finally confirm that males do not exist any where in the office.
Finding a male in a moe anime is like finding a fly in your soup they don't belong their and you don't wan't the touch it again.

Umiko scaring the testers and Nene in particular which was funny to watch.
Nene was very funny too watch in general with her behaviour and way of doing things.
Aug 22, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2015
More Nene is always welcome! Just like any other episode, I loved this one a lot as well. This show is definitely one of my favorites this season.

Aug 22, 2016 2:22 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Aversa said:
Finding a male in a moe anime is like finding a fly in your soup they don't belong their and you don't wan't the touch it again.
Ahem:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12291/Acchi_Kocchi_TV

Wasn't as happy with this episode, for a number of reasons. I guess I'm not fond of either Umiko or Nene.
Aug 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Apr 2010
Cratex said:
Aversa said:
Ahem:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12291/Acchi_Kocchi_TV

Wasn't as happy with this episode, for a number of reasons. I guess I'm not fond of either Umiko or Nene.
Their are always some exceptions out there.
Aug 22, 2016 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
how dare the company allow an elementary student to work for them
Aug 22, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2009
Nene's voice is beyond annoying; it's so grating and reedy. Not happy at all with this episode: prolly due to the focus on Nene, who is an okay... -ish character with a plaguy voice. It's a bit of a shame she appears to be staying for a while, judging by the preview. All the previous episodes were 4-5/5 for me, but this one was just way below the average. 2/5.

Aug 22, 2016 3:44 PM

Apr 2011
When Nene joined the company, I knew its going to get more interesting. Her reactions are so funny. She may look like she's childish and lazying around, but I'm surprised she'a good debugger that got Umiko complimenting her. The company should hire her.

Rin is so nice and such a clever and sharp woman. She knew Nene was the culprit and had a hard time and found a way to make her kind of apologize. She's such a dear. A sweetheart. I like her, but I like her even more this time.

This episode made me smile and giggle. A good way to start the day.
Aug 22, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
Nenecchi in the house haha. Been waiting for this. I laughed how Nenecchi kept on getting yelled at by Umiko.
Aug 22, 2016 4:05 PM

Oct 2013
I like the direction this show has taken. Umiko and Nenecchi are great additions. When Nenecchi was shown in episodes 1-6, she was definitely a background character that was always at the end of the episode talking to Aoba on the phone (I couldn't remember her name at that time to be honest). The pudding caper with Nenecchi and Rin ended with both doing the right thing. While Nenecchi didn't have the guts to apologize(partly to protect Aoba), she at least undid what she had done, and Rin was one cool senpai to keep Nene's anonymity.
Aug 22, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2016
ButtSlapper said:
how dare the company allow an elementary student to work for them

same
loved how they reminded how game-testing is a LOT of work, like most jobs.

Aug 22, 2016 4:45 PM
Aug 2015
I can't put up with Sakura's voice anymore...
Aug 22, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2014
Kind of weird that nobody even suspected Nenecchi during the whole pudding thing, as they were suspecting that she was a spy the day before, but whatever.

Overall, good episode. Wasn't quite as annoyed with Nene as most of the people here seem be.
Aug 22, 2016 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
I've held a position doing quality assurance for a game company so I can confirm the position is way more difficult than people give it credit for. Not only do you have to deal with the monotony of playing the same thing over and over and over again you have to deal with a non-functional product that could ruin what little fun you were having.

With that said the post credits pointed something out that never crossed my mind at all - comparing the product to previous releases. The products I've worked on were all new IPs so I never ran into that situation, but it is nice to know that the writers of this series have actually sat down and thought about what goes into the development of video games.

So this is my message to the rest of you - don't pass this series off as completely fictional. The overall environment and mood this show has set up is actually extremely realistic to the atmosphere in (American) game companies. Working at a game company that respects its employees and embraces their inner nerds is the best feeling in the world.
Aug 22, 2016 7:07 PM
Nov 2015
Pretty dull episode tbh. I can't say I'm enjoying the show nearly as much as I used to.
Aug 22, 2016 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was a little boring, but I am SO ready for the next episode.
Aug 22, 2016 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Haha...Nenecchi actually makes Aoba seem mature and worldly by comparison!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 22, 2016 10:05 PM

Jul 2012
Meh, wasn't feeling it this episode. Nenechi came out as annoying more than anything so it kinda ruined the episode for me. This episode was her moment to shine so I guess she won't be too much of a focus from now on which I hope is the case.
Aug 22, 2016 11:20 PM

Jul 2016
Too much cuteness in this episode... and I love it! hahaha.
Aug 23, 2016 1:08 AM

Sep 2013
Having Nene be the featured character this week was a good idea. Her presence gave it a more refreshing atmosphere. Hopefully Nene is in this a little more because her childish personality is quite entertaining. Thought it was real sweet that Rin covered for Nene when she found out Nene took the pudding. It was very kind of her to take some of the guilt off of her as well.

I'm starting to become a big fan of Umiko. How she interacts with Nene was just great. Need more of her too.

Aug 23, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2010
I feel like, how divisive Nenecchi is, speaks to how good of a character she is. Lol. The best characters always have people who both love, and hate them.
Aug 23, 2016 2:50 AM

Dec 2011
One of the quite rare case where a character can make you annoyed so much just by speaking.

Really this Nenecchi..
Aug 23, 2016 4:48 AM

Jun 2013
So Nene is working part-time at Aoba's workplace because she's got too much time on her hands with two months of summer vacations. Lol when she was asking how long Aoba's summer vacations are. And the supervisor for the parttimers is Umiko lol. She scares Nene while she was out to surprise Aoba. Lol Aoba noticed Nene but was just playing along and then Nene called for help.

Nene picks out the tiny things which would be ignored by most which turns out to be very useful. And thanks to a bug, Sophia-chan can be saved. But then you don't progress further. Doesn't really matter though since at least Sophia-chan doesn't die. Sophia-chan must live and that's all that matters.

Lol Nene accidentally ate Yagami's pudding and Rin made an announcement to everyone about it making it even more difficult for Nene to come and apologize. Rin made accidentally eating someone's 100 yen pudding such a big deal. And Nene places a replacement pudding in the fridge with an apology note the next day. That was nice of her.

Amusing stuff here. Nene started being a pain in the ass but Umiko dealt with her with only her presence. Lol no one takes the director seriously because she isn't ever serious herself. I mean, she would willingly tell a spy everything if she was cute enough. And I think she meant it. Now they will be taking some time off or at least won't be coming in or would be coming in less (as per the next episode's title). The beta's out so the work is relatively less since the game is nearly finished. They're only left with some finishing touches. And they will be going for a bath together. Also, Nene has some pretty decent sized boobs. Just had to mention that.
Aug 23, 2016 6:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Cute and heartwarming non-ecchi episode.

Nene is a nice addition to the workplace.

It's great she would be still working there in the next episode

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 23, 2016 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
Nenecchi comes to wokr part time to see Aobo <3
She's a talented debugger.

Poor Nenecchi, so sad seeing her suffer cause of the pudding :'(

Aug 23, 2016 9:22 AM
Feb 2015
that was a great episode

but that awkward ending though was also kinda adorable
Aug 23, 2016 10:08 AM

Nov 2014
Cute episode Nenecchi the pudding thief
Hi there
Aug 23, 2016 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed this episode pretty well. Nene is a nice addition the the team working on the game.

Sure, she might be working part time along with a bunch of others, but it's still an important and tireless task in playing the game and taking note in anything take causes the game to become glitchy or freeze outright.

Add to that Nene is a hardcore fan of the franchise, so it's easy for her to spot the odd dialogue or scenario takes too similar to the earlier games, which the production took note of and fixed it.

Her voice is cute, although others here are either fine with it or find it annoying. Still, compared to Flora from the Asterisk War, Nene's voice is much, much, MUCH more bearable. =D

Next week is the return of the fanservice as the group visits the indoor baths. Looking forward to it! =)
Aug 23, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2016
Not enough Hifumi. 0/10
Aug 23, 2016 2:47 PM
Sep 2015
Nenecchi is so freaking annoying oh god. Her voice just hnggggg...

Hope she leaves soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 9:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

105 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 6:41 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

232 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 4:27 AM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

118 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 3:59 AM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 4, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.