Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 28, 2010 5:30 AM

Oct 2009
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.
Jan 28, 2010 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.
It's worth enough to be said again : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2010 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

And again. xD
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 28, 2010 6:05 AM

Jan 2010
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

And again. xD

But Noel only loves Kanata. :C
Jan 28, 2010 6:26 AM

Jan 2009
Comanechi said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.
And again. xD
OH SHI-
See what you now did : < Woah what's up with my grammar today? O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2010 8:23 AM

Dec 2007
As much as I liked the glass part of the anime (reminded me so much of Aria and the trip to that glass factory), i disliked 2 things about the episode. First was the pointlessness of the child hating the army (at least its pointless as of now, but will remain pointless if they do not expand on that point). Second was the miraculous excellent playing skill of Kanata suddenly.

Either way, for all you haters out there, seriously, stop watching. This is not K-On, this is not Valkyria Chronicles. If anything, its a mix of Haibane Renmei and Aria, albeit a much poorer version, but still decent. Stop expecting action or moeblobs.
Jan 28, 2010 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
Comanechi said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

And again. xD

Exactly where my GIF comes in.... Kanata x Noel + harem = we still don't know who Kanata will love most at the end but this episode definitely Noel more than anything.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 28, 2010 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
You've been smoking stuff again, haven't you francis? O.o
Jan 28, 2010 9:00 AM

Feb 2009
K-on ep4=yui becoming good at guitar
Sora no Woto ep4= kanata becoming good at trumpet...

i hope this will be the last similarity because it is now different from k-on. there are now hints of plot: a war with major changes in the world, hope they'll expand on that. there are also some bitterness from that kid in the orphanage. When i heard that the old man at the factory is a Meister ,Gundam 00 popped in my mind(inside of the tank is similar to cockpit of a Gundam XD).

its also ok for me if they enter a battle sometime in the later eps, as long as we get to see what that tank is capable of.
Jan 28, 2010 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
belatkuro said:

i hope this will be the last similarity because it is now different from k-on.
Oh no but that has to be a coincidence, don't you think? xD

When i heard that the old man at the factory is a Meister ,Gundam 00 popped in my mind(inside of the tank is similar to cockpit of a Gundam XD).
My head too, and I'm still wondering what my gundamu is doing in this anime xD.
Jan 28, 2010 10:47 AM
Dec 2008
It was a good episode. Seeing the sun shining again was really refreshing, just like in real life.
Jan 28, 2010 1:38 PM
Oct 2009
im seeing how many people are complaining about the slow pace of the series. i believe its supposed to be slow. not a action crazy war series guys, dont expect blood gore and fight scenes. it develops slowly for a reason. its a special type of foreshadowing, all will be explained in due time. the subtile drops of information in every episode will be pieced togeather. it is (imo) a wonderful way of keeping suspence without over filling us with it. they dont shove it down your throat. the slow pace is the reason this series will hopefully end up a good one.
Jan 28, 2010 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
ukonkivi said:
MrsChaos42 said:
Honestly, I seriously don't understand the point in a "no-drop" policy.

Because people are constantly told they can't decide if something is good or not unless they've watched the whole darn thing.
And because you can't downrate a show on MyAnimeList that you haven't watched.

Ugh, I hate it when people say that. I don't think you need to watch a whole series to know whether you like it or not, just a couple of episodes, and 4 out of 13 is more than sufficient :/
Jan 28, 2010 3:24 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
You've been smoking stuff again, haven't you francis? O.o
No I do not do that.....you should notice that Kanata is friendly with all and in this one more with Noel...I still think she will be more than friends with someone from the platoon.....it might be Rio as a more strong connection but this time it was Noel.

Jan 28, 2010 9:29 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:

Exactly where my GIF comes in.... Kanata x Noel + harem = we still don't know who Kanata will love most at the end but this episode definitely Noel more than anything.

...what? This isn't some harem show kthx.
Jan 28, 2010 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
argilium said:
this is slice of life..
I wouldn’t be surprised if its only playing itself out like that for the first few eps. I foresee a Haibane Renmei-like descent into darkness lurking just around the corner. :D
Jacut said:
The show won't sell abroad (probably won't even be licensed) and will probably not sell well domestically, so I we can't really say they did it for money either.
It’ll probably sell pretty well, actually, considering how it cashes in on pre-established cute-looking characters and has (so far begun to, depends on how it really pans out though) followed through with a heavily-atmospheric presentation akin to Haibane Renmei and Kino’s Journey—both of which sold rather well in Western markets. The trick is how it's gonna be marketed; most of the demographic dropping dollars on HR or KJ don’t tend to look for ubermoe in their shows (at least from what I’ve experienced), so it’ll be interesting to see if(when?) the show gets licensed and how it’ll be portrayed.
MrsChaos42 said:
Ugh, I hate it when people say that. I don't think you need to watch a whole series to know whether you like it or not, just a couple of episodes, and 4 out of 13 is more than sufficient :/
I dunno, that seems kinda limiting. I usually wait until I’m at least past halfway (usually around the 2/3 mark) before I really decide if a show is worth dropping or not. Some of the best shows I’ve ever watched took their time with pacing and development.
Jan 28, 2010 10:04 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

What? You saying it cannot be Kanata x all the girls as possible? It could is what I am saying.

Jan 28, 2010 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
What? You saying it cannot be Kanata x all the girls as possible? It could is what I am saying.
Seriously francis? You really believe so? =.=
Jan 28, 2010 10:44 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
No I am hoping for it because the characters are just cute enough.

Jan 28, 2010 10:45 PM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
belatkuro said:

i hope this will be the last similarity because it is now different from k-on.
Oh no but that has to be a coincidence, don't you think? xD

i hope so. I was surprised myself when i remembered K-on ep4.
Jan 28, 2010 11:20 PM
Nov 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

Face palm.
Jan 29, 2010 12:15 AM

Nov 2008
dandere said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

Face palm.

*Facedesk*
Jan 29, 2010 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
When the "oneesan" at the glass dolphin shop asked Noel about if Kanata "knows" something, what do you thing that was about? It seems like they are not telling her something.
rosagigantiaJan 29, 2010 9:22 AM
Jan 29, 2010 1:47 AM

Jan 2010
Maximatum99 said:
dandere said:
francismeunier said:

Face palm.

*Facedesk*

:(

Jan 29, 2010 7:07 AM

May 2007
Damn I enjoy the slow pace in this anime.

Jan 29, 2010 7:22 AM

Jan 2009
Comanechi said:
Maximatum99 said:
dandere said:
francismeunier said:

Face palm.

*Facedesk*
Jan 29, 2010 10:03 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Comanechi said:
Maximatum99 said:
dandere said:
francismeunier said:

Face palm.

*Facedesk*

Jan 29, 2010 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
Oh I see what you did there xD
Jan 29, 2010 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
ironflowers said:
Oosran said:
Comanechi said:
Maximatum99 said:
dandere said:
francismeunier said:

Face palm.

*Facedesk*

Jan 29, 2010 11:06 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Wow, ok so many people face palmed because of wish for a harem of Kanata x the other girls? Ok well just telling it would be nice to have that....no need to be face palmed at it.

Jan 29, 2010 11:46 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Wow, ok so many people face palmed because of wish for a harem of Kanata x the other girls? Ok well just telling it would be nice to have that....no need to be face palmed at it.
No, it is needed to facepalm at that.
Jan 29, 2010 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
So more and more I love Noel. It reminded me a little first smile Rei Ayanami.

Jan 29, 2010 1:57 PM

Nov 2006
Needs more Shuko
Jan 29, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2008
Jacut said:
I've been bored in my life, but rarely as much as watching an episode of Sora no Woto. It just doesn't make sense to me how Aniplex/A1 could make such an anime, with great production values and high budget and just forget to make a plot or interesting development and characters. The show won't sell abroad (probably won't even be licensed) and will probably not sell well domestically, so I we can't really say they did it for money either. A true mystery to me.

All the other recent great slice of life shows like Kino no Tabi, Haibane Renmei or Mushishi have something special about their characters and a truly unique plot and atmosphere. Sora no Woto is just... dull and slow.

Marry me.

Anyways...I really tried not to let the way music is approached in the show bother me, but this episode just kind of sent me over the top. Instead of seeing her develop into a good bugle player (which is much harder to master than the trumpet), she gets a speech from a glass artisan and then magically plays competently. I already loathed the fact that she has perfect pitch, yet little to no concept of music/how to play her instrument, but I was willing to let all of that go if they could succeed where K-On disastrously failed and bother to actually develop one of the core elements of the show besides moe.

Oh well. I was wrong.
noteDheroJan 29, 2010 2:46 PM
Jan 29, 2010 2:50 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
Jacut said:
I've been bored in my life, but rarely as much as watching an episode of Sora no Woto. It just doesn't make sense to me how Aniplex/A1 could make such an anime, with great production values and high budget and just forget to make a plot or interesting development and characters. The show won't sell abroad (probably won't even be licensed) and will probably not sell well domestically, so I we can't really say they did it for money either. A true mystery to me.

All the other recent great slice of life shows like Kino no Tabi, Haibane Renmei or Mushishi have something special about their characters and a truly unique plot and atmosphere. Sora no Woto is just... dull and slow.

Marry me.

Anyways...I really tried not to let the way music is approached in the show bother me, but this episode just kind of sent me over the top. Instead of seeing her develop into a good bugle player (which is much harder to master than the trumpet), she gets a speech from a glass artisan and then magically plays competently. I already loathed the fact that she has perfect pitch, yet little to no concept of music/how to play her instrument, but I was willing to let all of that go if they could succeed where K-On disastrously failed and bother to actually develop one of the core elements of the show besides moe.

Oh well. I was wrong.

You guys are still thinking that the earth gravitates around your navels...

This show is great, and I am sure that it´s pleasing a lot of people.
Jan 29, 2010 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
So I think the world revolves around me because I don't like something that you do?

Try again.
Jan 29, 2010 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
I think this show is accidentally sending the wrong message.

Jan 29, 2010 3:59 PM

Nov 2008
Spookt said:

You seriously think that? At-least fancis isn't alone on this one.
Jan 29, 2010 4:49 PM

Sep 2007
Maximatum99 said:
Spookt said:

I still don't see where he thinks this is going to be a harem show.
Jan 29, 2010 6:42 PM
Nov 2009
Spookt said:

I think you're just getting the wrong message. Like that francis guy.
Jan 29, 2010 7:16 PM
Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
bother to actually develop one of the core elements of the show besides moe.
Oh well. I was wrong.

If you had been paying attention they actually have been developing a story that goes much deeper than the moe

i mean i don't really know what more you want, we have several storylines running in the show (Apocalyptic World, Possible War, Ghost in episode 2, that fire maidens story, the secret that Kanata is being kept in the dark about, why was there a book with japanese in a swiss school turned fortress)

the show DOES happen to have a slow pace with regards to these things, but that doesn't mean that something deeper isn't there, it just means that it'll take longer to get to, whether if fulfills that need is something we can have a lengthy discussion about once the show is actually over, rather than just 4 episodes in.........
Jan 29, 2010 9:20 PM

Aug 2008
Those are plot elements. That isn't plot development. They're very different things. We're now roughly a third of the way into the show, and it looks like they're going to introduce each girl to us, even though they're very stock characters.

At the end of the day, looking at the pace of the show, and others of it's ilk, I'd be very surprised if we got sensible development on those elements, as opposed to convenient melodrama that unravels and resolves in one episode (maybe two if war springs up at the end, in the same way that the concert was a 'big deal' in K-On) like the main girl's lack of talent.
Jan 29, 2010 9:22 PM

Oct 2009
dandere said:
Spookt said:

I think you're just getting the wrong message. Like that francis guy.

I am certainly not getting a wrong message because my message is to hope and not to want. I know it might not happen but I am betting that there is a possibility...for now I will leave it at 30% but I think there might be some skinship...let's leave it at that.
Maximatum99 said:
Spookt said:

Why that's good to know.
noteDhero said:
Perfect comment of objections.....I for one see the logic in it and appreciate you noteDhero!

Jan 29, 2010 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
noteDhero said:
We're now roughly a third of the way into the show, and it looks like they're going to introduce each girl to us, even though they're very stock characters.
Given that each of the characters have been introduced to us in turn (with sole exception being Felicia), I doubt there’re going to be too many more introductions taking place. In fact, given the preview for next ep, I anticipate that the next ep (and possibly the one after) will be the final moments of a calm before the storm, since it’s pretty obvious at this point that Felicia & Rio (as well as the rest of the team, for that matter) are hiding something major from Kanata—something that probably has some rather sinister ramifications behind it. Also, they're only stock characters on a superficial level; so far all we've been exposed to are Kanaka's impressions of the other girls' facades, but every once in awhile there's a scene suggesting something darker lurking under the surface of their interactions.

And like you said, it’s only a third of the way into the show. Most good shows take their time developing things before jumping into the meat of the story; pacing is extremely important if the creators want to make the audience really feel an intended impact. It should go without saying that these episodes will probably turn out to be far more meaningful in the context of the whole work than they currently appear.

This isn’t even getting into the despairingly bleak future that is implied underneath just about everything from the settings, the tone & atmosphere (made even more apparent by the soundtrack), and the attitudes of the other characters—something that is rather cleverly hidden behind Kanata’s overbearing happy-go-lucky personality. This might be a plot element, but it’s most certainly a plot element with massive potential for development and subsequent incorporation into the explicitly-defined plot.

The show could turn out to be fantastic, or it could turn out to be exactly like you said. IMO the first third has been pretty good and has a lot of potential. It’s just a bit too soon to really make any solid predictions on how well it will succeed or how astoundingly it will fail.
Jan 30, 2010 4:09 AM

Dec 2008
this show rocks
fnally Kanata can play the trumpet, a little bit fast development but I'm ok with that.

I never expected her to be such a physical and caring character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2010 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
Somehow from a K-ON clone with gunz, this turned into a K-ON clone with gunz that's beautiful and relaxing.

Also that tank is apparently engrish, but with this show that doesn't mean much.

I bet Carl was a Gundam Meister during the war.
Jan 30, 2010 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
Alexstratz said:
I bet Carl was a Gundam Meister during the war.
And the whatever-it's-called-"tank" was his Gundamu~
ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Jan 30, 2010 3:07 PM

Jul 2009
Happiness... Not because of this shitty show but anyhow, I feel so happy today for some reason that made me even bother to watch this shit til the end w/o having to bang my head against the wall..Happyyyyyyy~.... Even the old gundam meister is happy.... I am happy... Rio is happy and her swimsuit scene is kinda happy and that owl french kissing Mugi is pure happiness.... <333

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 30, 2010 3:10 PM
Jan 30, 2010 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
^Well who didn't?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

porkypink - Jan 4, 2010

384 by Ui »»
May 8, 11:31 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.