Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wonder if Shion is going to confess soon..

There's some obvous chemistry between the two. At least she's back at school now and her friends gave her a warm welcome.
Jan 24, 2022 2:31 PM

Nov 2012
I'm not gonna start a full-scale debate on age-gap wish fulfillment fantasies, but am I the only one who finds it kind of awkward when a manga goes for that after explicitly pointing out that the age gap is kinda creepy?

Like, in the first chapter the dude flat out states "nah I'm 25" and lampshades that the age gap would be uncomfortable in real life, and now the series is just going "never mind that, we set you up to not be comfortable shipping them, but please ship them now"?

It's just this weirdly common thing in these shoujo manga, as if lampshading it frees it from any criticism when it just makes the whole thing feel like it's speaking out both sides of its mouth.
Apr 28, 2022 5:04 AM

Feb 2021
Well looks like Shion is on terms with her feelings for Shun.

Again, the artwork...It looks so damn good! I can't stop admiring it!

I wonder when will she confess?

Apr 28, 2022 5:10 AM

Feb 2021
Netbug said:
I'm not gonna start a full-scale debate on age-gap wish fulfillment fantasies, but am I the only one who finds it kind of awkward when a manga goes for that after explicitly pointing out that the age gap is kinda creepy?

Like, in the first chapter the dude flat out states "nah I'm 25" and lampshades that the age gap would be uncomfortable in real life, and now the series is just going "never mind that, we set you up to not be comfortable shipping them, but please ship them now"?

It's just this weirdly common thing in these shoujo manga, as if lampshading it frees it from any criticism when it just makes the whole thing feel like it's speaking out both sides of its mouth.

Honestly, I was thinking about that too. Like it's still ok if she's younger than the guy but her being 17? I mean she's not even 18 so it's definitely weird. Even if Shun was like 19 or smth it was still passable.

I've not read many shoujo mangas so I don't know if this is a common trope or not. But I mean if this happens regularly then I guess the Japanese audience (which will be their target audience) likes this combination? Idk it's still weird.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hana wo Meshimase Chapter 4 Discussion

JL218 - Dec 30, 2016

8 by Abyque »»
Nov 16, 2022 8:21 PM

Poll: » Hana wo Meshimase Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2016

4 by DeonX »»
Apr 28, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Hana wo Meshimase Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

4 by DeonX »»
Apr 28, 2022 4:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.