Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
And the plot hands me more of just Subaru suffering. I actually felt for him, seeing him so desperate.

Had to watch it in 480p because based Crunchyroll...
I need sleep.
Jul 24, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, Return by Death is killing others now? And to think Subaru could use it to his advantage...
Jul 24, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2015
Huh now I remember why I don't go on episode discussions as much.

Solid episode, Rem being the greatest bro to ever live in this world, Subaru still being a dumb fuck even after all the advice he received, can't wait until he finally gets his shit together.

Beatrice being the boss loli as usual and drug addicted Kirito-sama still based.

Puck doesn't look too happy tho, next week should start off with a bang.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Oct 2014
MozillaFennekin said:
Wow, Return by Death is killing others now? And to think Subaru could use it to his advantage...

Yep, Subaru can't tell anyone about the ability because the person dies that he told instead of himself like he originally thought.

Sep 2015
Too much has happened '-'
I didn't expect the curse would kill someone else ...
Jul 24, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
WTF is going on here?

Why no one knows who Rem was? And why Subaru still remembers?
What was Beatrice referring to? What was Subaru supposed to know? Why wasn't she surprised that Emilia died? Why does she have to protect the mansion and used her dimensional magic to move Subaru and Emilia's body out of the mansion?
Why Subaru can now see the "Unseen hand"?
Jul 24, 2016 11:12 AM

Aug 2015
Another great episode. Rem saves Subaru but because of the White Whale the memories of her are erased so no one remembers her. Then Subaru tries to tell Emilia about his ability and she gets killed. I'm thinking Puck will kill everyone including Subaru. Can anyone tell me if Subaru will return to where the appa guy is or will he revive somewhere else?
Jul 24, 2016 11:12 AM
Feb 2016
Hey guys, what Otto said about an expert knight who died fighting the White Whale, that was Reinhard right ? ... Don't know but, i got the feeling that was him for the face that Subaru showed in that moment...

Emilia's death didn't have that impact as Rem's, but in the way it was, somehow it was creepy... Beatrice, another enigmatic character, need to know more about her. Next episode "From Zero" will be title. The battle and maybe Subaru last revive.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2015
What else can possibly be accomplished in this current life? I hope Subaru actually gets something useful out of this run before he eventually dies again.
Jul 24, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2015
Madlib said:
Can anyone tell me if Subaru will return to where the appa guy is or will he revive somewhere else?

Jul 24, 2016 11:17 AM
Feb 2016
Madlib said:
Another great episode. Rem saves Subaru but because of the White Whale the memories of her are erased so no one remembers her. Then Subaru tries to tell Emilia about his ability and she gets killed. I'm thinking Puck will kill everyone including Subaru. Can anyone tell me if Subaru will return to where the appa guy is or will he revive somewhere else?

Yeah, he will. It was the last checkpoint in the last 2 deaths. And after that, maybe the best part of the second cour of the season. :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
What else can possibly be accomplished in this current life? I hope Subaru actually gets something useful out of this run before he eventually dies again.

yeah! he will get some lessons and RISES. I mean, The hero RISES lol

Jul 2014
Man people are a bunch of pricks in this thread, mainly how I saw it is Rem fags baiting people thus the waifu wars began with their "this had no impact unlike Rem's death" "director likes Rem more" seriously people try not to make what you say a fact since its merely your view on the show.
Jul 24, 2016 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
Rem nooo ;_;

Puck is really mad o_o

Aug 2015
zombieiscoming said:
Madlib said:
Can anyone tell me if Subaru will return to where the appa guy is or will he revive somewhere else?

Cool thanks for the answer.

Oct 2014
LuckoBj said:
Hey guys, what Otto said about an expert knight who died fighting the White Whale, that was Reinhard right ? ... Don't know but, i got the feeling that was him for the face that Subaru showed in that moment...

It was Reinhards ancestor, not Reinhard himself.

Mar 2016
LuckoBj said:

He's talking about something that occurred years ago. It's someone related to Reinhard though. That's as much as I'll say unless you really want to be spoiled.

Oct 2011
LuckoBj said:

Emilia's death didn't have that impact as Rem's, but in the way it was, somehow it was creepy... Beatrice, another enigmatic character, need to know more about her. Next episode "From Zero" will be title. The battle and maybe Subaru last revive.

Not it wasn't Reinhardt, it was someone else, you'll find out who later in the arc.

May 2012
So my theory was correct well at least I think. That Pack was the creature from the last timeline that killed Subaru.

Another great episode. That whale is insane. So whoever it kills erasers their existence? Shit crazy. Rem still holding down the crown for being the best ride or die chick ever. When he got to the village I just knew that everyone was already dead.Happy he made it in time this go round.

Damn feel sad for Ram that even she doesn't remember Rem. I did not see Emilia dying like that though. I mean I was sad I was just shocked as fuck. The hands was like "Oh you can tell her, cause I know she not going to tell anyone else." Shit when the hands was touchng his heart I knew it was going to be Subaru.

Beatrice has sparked my interest again. The way she was talking to Subaru made it seem like she knew about the Return by Death, but didn't want to kill him to active it. Also when she pushed him to the portal and said if he is going to die do it somewhere she can't see.

Dat ending was great as well. Seems like Pack is about to unleash hell. Also if the next episode is title Zero. I wonder if he will start over from the time they went to capital.

Well I guess I just have to wait till next week.

AntearionJul 24, 2016 11:33 AM
Jul 24, 2016 11:19 AM

Nov 2011
So is everyone just going to forget REM?!?! wow if that's the case my feels will be fucking torn. Fuck that White Whale. Also no explanation why it goes away, which I like but it's mysterious. I guess that's just the Witches power.

Damn well at least Subaru tried to talk about Return by Death...unfortunately it resulted in Emilia's death!

It was nice to get some Beatrice for once...even though she was barely in it. That was a nice scene.

So now he can see Beetlejuice's hands...I guess he's getting Stronger? Maybe by Embracing the Witch more? I mean he does have Darkness powers.

Puck...PUCK!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 24, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
Being Subbaru is suffering, but I can hardly care anymore. I had to laugh when Emilia died all of the sudden. I suppose it won't work without driving the story into another death end only another deus ex machina can progress it.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 24, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2012
Emilia got killed before he could even finish what he was saying huh I wonder if the "witch" just changed tactic to discourage him from revealing it..
Jul 24, 2016 11:22 AM

Nov 2011
LuckoBj said:

I thought they said that the Knight was killed, so i'm not sure if it was Reinhard because he's clearly alive.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Jul 24, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2013
Can't agree with some of the reactions in here... I thought this was one of the best episodes yet, despite not understanding a lot of it.
Jul 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
SoraSenpai said:
I thought they said that the Knight was killed, so i'm not sure if it was Reinhard because he's clearly alive.

For some mystical reason they didn't forget that said Knight ever exist so we can have some exposition!
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2010
DarklordVor said:

Oh so we are on an agreement that Rem is not "as good as Emilia, because Rem is cold to new people?" Okay.

I apparently forget that this same people "who don't like seeing people suffering" don't want to accept Subaru for his cringiness and "dumped him" making him suffering throughout arc 3.

I have no idea why have a problem with Rem not being as altruistic as anyother person, but I'm only speaking of what has been shown in the story and how Subaru views each person. You're fanboy bias is clouding your judgement.

And everything that happened at Royal Election and candidates were entirely his fault. Nobody is putting up with it because they aren't blinded by love like Rem is. That's just truth of it.

It's up to Subaru redeem himself and repair the relationships he burned down.

Now, let's get back to the episode.
Jul 24, 2016 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
ph4zoN said:
Can't agree with some of the reactions in here... I thought this was one of the best episodes yet, despite not understanding a lot of it.

I don't get it either. It's been about level with the past few episodes.
Jul 24, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2015
\
Jagd84 said:
DarklordVor said:

Oh so we are on an agreement that Rem is not "as good as Emilia, because Rem is cold to new people?" Okay.

I apparently forget that this same people "who don't like seeing people suffering" don't want to accept Subaru for his cringiness and "dumped him" making him suffering throughout arc 3.

I have no idea why have a problem with Rem not being as altruistic as anyother person, but I'm only speaking of what has been shown in the story and how Subaru views each person. You're fanboy bias is clouding your judgement.

And everything that happened at Royal Election and candidates were entirely his fault. Nobody is putting up with it because they aren't blinded by love like Rem is. That's just truth of it.

It's up to Subaru redeem himself and repair the relationships he burned down.

Now, let's get back to the episode.

I'm sorry? What? You're saying I'm being blinded while you're also stating nonsense?

You were the one who brought up the "altruistic" part first, saying that Rem wouldn't have saved him because she's "cold"

I'm totally done with you.

Jul 24, 2016 11:34 AM

Sep 2013
OMG SUBARU!
You should've just told Emilia "gang of black robes coming to kill us GTFO"
You fool >_<

Besides that dumb little relapse in his character, this was another strong episode. It's weird how often this show can blow your mind, but it keeps happening lol
This show was already similar to S;G, but now they're incorporating Disappearance of Haruhi/Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu xD

Rem and Emilia continue to be the best part of this show <3
Jul 24, 2016 11:35 AM
Jan 2014
PLEASE tell me the checkpoint hasn't been moved. Rem permadeath would be unbelievably sad. (couldn't care less about the others)
Jul 24, 2016 11:37 AM
Jul 2015
Well, why the fuck the whale didn't kill subaru? lol
and why is everybody forgetting about rem, and who killed otto by the way.
The carriage conveniently went into subaru's way, how cool..
anyway, a lot of things that I didn't understand in this episode..
Jul 24, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Great x Great

but not gonna lie it lack impact , it's really lacked impact like ep 15
Jul 24, 2016 11:42 AM
Jan 2014
renanmil said:
Well, why the fuck the whale didn't kill subaru? lol
and why is everybody forgetting about rem, and who killed otto by the way.
The carriage conveniently went into subaru's way, how cool..
anyway, a lot of things that I didn't understand in this episode..

He probably just went out of range with the rolling.
If you remember in the last episode, Rem couldn't remember about the carriage that was next to them either, so apparently the whale somehow erases a person's existence. Otto was obviously killed by the cultists, as seen from the swords.
Jul 24, 2016 11:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I like how this anime keeps finding new ways of being fucked up all the time
Jul 24, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
Devil_Slayer said:

If we're gonna compare every episode to 15, then there's gonna be a loooooot of disappointment coming.

I assumed when it aired that it will be the high point of the series, so it's no surprise that subsequent episodes won't be as good.

But hey, if they pull off something as good, I certainly won't complain :D
Jul 24, 2016 11:44 AM
Jul 2016
First of all I wanna say this anime has to be the best anime since sword art online (in my opinion) and I say that because every ending makes you want more ! I love White fox work, but this episode especially had me on the edge of my seat, Subaru is becoming more and more desperate and angry and I'm loving it, his relationship with Rem is getting better and better and everything is coming into ties with the witch and its suspenseful, Can't wait to see Puck do what he/she does in the next episode ! But I have a question or a theory that needs answers for those who probably read the manga: what connection does Emilia have with the witch and Subaru, I feel they have a deep connection based off how she just died instantly when he said his favorite line, and do anybody else think Puck is like the witch ? Based off the ending ?
Jul 24, 2016 11:46 AM
Jul 2016
So can anyone please somehow try to explain logically why emilia died? I thought the curse would make subaru die, instead it killed emilia?
Jul 24, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Mani1 said:
this anime has to be the best anime since sword art online

w0t

*remembers that opinions vary*
nvm
Jul 2015
Mickdrew said:
OMG SUBARU!
You should've just told Emilia "gang of black robes coming to kill us GTFO"
You fool >_<

Besides that dumb little relapse in his character, this was another strong episode. It's weird how often this show can blow your mind, but it keeps happening lol
This show was already similar to S;G, but now they're incorporating Disappearance of Haruhi/Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu xD

Rem and Emilia continue to be the best part of this show <3

He told her in the LN. In the anime, I believe he thinks that she won't trust him. Similar to Crusch in episode 16, even Rem didn't completely trust him

Apr 2016
I wonder how much the rest of the 8 episodes will cover,hope we get a second season.
Jul 24, 2016 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
beast_regards said:
SoraSenpai said:

For some mystical reason they didn't forget that said Knight ever exist so we can have some exposition!

I really don't understand what you're saying but it seems like, if they sent the best Knight there they would have forgot about him anyway instead of just saying he was dead?
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Jul 24, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
Mickdrew said:
Devil_Slayer said:

If we're gonna compare every episode to 15, then there's gonna be a loooooot of disappointment coming.

I assumed when it aired that it will be the high point of the series, so it's no surprise that subsequent episodes won't be as good.

But hey, if they pull off something as good, I certainly won't complain :D

the LN novel reader's were the one who hyped me for this episode , it's great i am not complaining but not even close to ep 15 , what the hell just compare rem's death to emillia one Bruh they didn't even had ost on it wtf ?
i said a joke but the directors seriously seems to prefer rem nearly every good scene of her they put everything they have but with emilia ?
Jul 24, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
even if rem dies , even if emilia dies , subaru still don't have the courage to kill himself

wow dude what the hell he killed himself back in ep 7 but not he can't now
Jul 24, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 2016
Mickdrew said:
Mani1 said:
this anime has to be the best anime since sword art online

w0t

*remembers that opinions vary*
nvm

Lol yes opinions do vary ! Sorry
Jul 24, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
SoraSenpai said:
beast_regards said:

I really don't understand what you're saying but it seems like, if they sent the best Knight there they would have forgot about him anyway instead of just saying he was dead?

Yes, from what we know it should happen, but for some mystical reason other people still remember that knight.
So it seems we will get some explanation why some people are erased from other people memories and why others are not.
Jul 24, 2016 11:55 AM
Jul 2016
ph4zoN said:

I agree with you 100% !
Jul 24, 2016 11:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about here. Some of the strangest complaints here that make the episode apparently bad. Are you guys tired or something? Get a grip pls.

In any way, WTF happened there when he attempted to tell about his ability. WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Puck is here!!

The first half was amazing tbh.
Jul 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
zombieiscoming said:

He told her in the LN. In the anime, I believe he thinks that she won't trust him. Similar to Crusch in episode 16, even Rem didn't completely trust him

Really? idk, that seems like a silly omission to me. I mean, if he was willing to tell Crusch, then he definitely should for Emilia.

Devil_Slayer said:
the LN novel reader's were the one who hyped me for this episode , it's great i am not complaining but not even close to ep 15 , what the hell just compare rem's death to emillia one Bruh they didn't even had ost on it wtf ?
i said a joke but the directors seriously seems to prefer rem nearly every good scene of her they put everything they have but with emilia ?

haha
The director certainly wouldn't be alone if he liked Rem more (poor Emilia, you need more love ;^;)

I didn't have much of a problem with how she died. Yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to Rem's death episode 15, but I wasn't hyped at all so it didn't feel disappointing.
Another sign that unnecessary hype is poison.

If you're already gonna watch the show and love it, then my advice would be to not listen to people who read the LN
Jul 24, 2016 11:57 AM
Mar 2011
Its just not sad any more if that what they are going for they are realy missing the point and just spamming death after death its kind of boring. That and the logic leap of forgetting some one i mean did he even think about trying to logic talk it out to others "if this person was never there where you born with 2 horns?"
I guess Subaru can kill any one now by just telling them about what going on.

This anime is falling apart there no more build up to death its just happens over and over making death lose all meaning. Over all it was mostly shock fan services eps with a very small bit of plot.
Jul 24, 2016 11:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow what an episode

I wonder what is actually going on here
Is everyone's memories being altered by the cult or worst by the whale

Either way its nice to see Emilia again
feel like its been ages since i heard Rie Takahashi's voice

Damm that scene where Emilia died was heartbreaking but that final part where the witch appears and asks why the cultists are attacking her daughter was even more surprising

anyway bring on next week
ShingsterJul 24, 2016 12:10 PM
Pages (32) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.