Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2016 1:14 PM

May 2016
Hello ladies and gentlemen of MAL!

It's been nearly 3 weeks that Pokemon Go has been released and it's almost being playable worldwide and counting million users logging in daily just to hunt Pokemon!

Pokemon Go is being played by adults and kids and it's a really great game to play with your friends or with your family! However many accidents happened during this 3 weeks and between those a teenager got murdered when he went off his house.

My question to you guys is.
How do you rate Pokemon Go?
Feel free to share your opinion on the thread bellow and also to choose an option from the poll!

Thanks for your time!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 21, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly could not care less about it.
Jul 21, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2016
I love Pokemon Go! I like to take my little sisters and my cousins on walks to catch the pokemon! They get so excited, I love it! I personally think it's a great reason to get out of the house, meet new people, and have fun playing in a game that I used to love when I was younger!

Jul 21, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2016
Trekkie1999 said:
I love Pokemon Go! I like to take my little sisters and my cousins on walks to catch the pokemon! They get so excited, I love it! I personally think it's a great reason to get out of the house, meet new people, and have fun playing in a game that I used to love when I was younger!

I had so much fun playing Pokemon Go with my young cousins showing them how it feels to catch Pokemon and what it takes to become a pokemon master! Unfortunately i don't have the time to do that these days but i had fun playing it!
Jul 21, 2016 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Subversive.

The intellectually defective becomes an easy money-making machine, as he is captivated by spending time and resources collecting digital trophies.

Such an activity provides the user with no beneficial knowledge, only instant gratification for a randomized process of chance, testing his luck against his peers, completely diverting his attention from any relevant activity he may partake in.
Jul 21, 2016 1:46 PM

Nov 2015
It's not the events orbiting this game that appall me. It's the content. The promulgation of 'slave-mindedness' is apparent. 'Fun'?? What fun is it which turns you into a slave of temporary achievement? Entertainment?? What entertainment is it which disappears as soon as the screen is shut?

The only real entertainment is that which sticks with you in some form. The rest is a delusion of entertainment. The only real fun is when you truly enjoy yourself instead of enjoying the fact that others are seeing you enjoy.
Jul 21, 2016 1:47 PM

Apr 2016
Elanin said:
Trekkie1999 said:

I had so much fun playing Pokemon Go with my young cousins showing them how it feels to catch Pokemon and what it takes to become a pokemon master! Unfortunately i don't have the time to do that these days but i had fun playing it!

I'm glad you had a good time! I've found it to be a great way to bond with little kids!

Jul 21, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
A poorly thought out game, heck even in Japan it will have problems as several prefectures have laws that technically ban Pokemon Go due to their vague laws regarding photography in public areas. Not to mention there are too many idiots in the world, which are getting hurt or killed due to playing in the wrong areas or at the wrong time.

Jul 21, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
overrated

Jul 21, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
well apparently some kid got shot after he asked some guy to get inside his house and catch a pokemon so

idk how to feel like i guess it's helping some people but at the same time look at what's going on because of this game..
Jul 21, 2016 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
Well I'm not going to be the fun police and say that people shouldn't "enjoy" themselves with this "game", however, I will say that this trend/fad, whatever you want to call it, is fucking obnoxious.
Jul 21, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2015
It was supposed to be released last week but because of the Nice incident they made the release be today except ... It's still not out yet OTL
I know we can find it everywhere on internet and all, but I still rather wait for it to be directly available on my app store
Jul 21, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
I'm sure it's a fun game, but people aren't careful enough when they play it. It's not the safest thing ever. So I don't think I'll be playing.
Jul 21, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
I tried downloading it out of curiosity and it said my phone was too outdated... I'm not bothered by that, though.
Jul 21, 2016 3:47 PM

May 2016
It's overall a fun app you can play and it encourages you to actually go outside. Can be dangerous if you're not being smart about it.

Personally, I'm starting to losing interest. :p

Jul 21, 2016 3:52 PM

Jun 2014
It got a bit annoying when I started hearing about it on the news. I either heard about an accident or someone just stating how great it is; there's no in-between.

s t a t i c n o i s e

Jul 21, 2016 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
Volksdeutsche said:
Subversive.

The intellectually defective becomes an easy money-making machine, as he is captivated by spending time and resources collecting digital trophies.

Such an activity provides the user with no beneficial knowledge, only instant gratification for a randomized process of chance, testing his luck against his peers, completely diverting his attention from any relevant activity he may partake in.

Trance said:
It's not the events orbiting this game that appall me. It's the content. The promulgation of 'slave-mindedness' is apparent. 'Fun'?? What fun is it which turns you into a slave of temporary achievement? Entertainment?? What entertainment is it which disappears as soon as the screen is shut?

The only real entertainment is that which sticks with you in some form. The rest is a delusion of entertainment. The only real fun is when you truly enjoy yourself instead of enjoying the fact that others are seeing you enjoy.

You know you guys are posting on a fuckin anime forum lol
Jul 21, 2016 4:00 PM

Mar 2016
sleeplesstown said:

You know you guys are posting on a fuckin anime forum lol

Hence why the message must be stressed here.

Preaching to the choir doesn't solve the issue.
Jul 21, 2016 4:04 PM
Oct 2015
It's a fab that's going to die off sooner or later. Not to also mention that I see no reason to waste my data running around town catching pokemon.
Jul 21, 2016 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Personally I think it's a great game that brings back nostalgia for many, and too many bandwagons. The game does a great job at promoting exercise (which hardly any phone app is able to do), leads to some human interaction that normally would never happen, provides something for Americans to do rather than just sit on the couch (businesses are able to make more money due to this game), and it's definitely a phone app that is in the right direction for what the world needs in apps.
There are downsides such as people being careless about their surroundings, doing stupid stuff for a Pokemon, and etc. It's a battery drainer, servers unstable, app doesn't offer much interaction with other players, lack of features, and etc.

There's obviously more reasons for both sides, but don't feel like trying to list all of them.

-Pretty decent app
Jul 21, 2016 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not a fan of Pokemon myself, so I don't feel the need to play it. However, if you enjoy the game and know how to go outside without being irresponsible and/or stupid, go for it. I just can't stand when people dare to play that thingy while driving. Seriously, just don't.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Jul 21, 2016 4:11 PM
Nov 2015
Let's to wait and see how far will Pokemon GO go.
Jul 21, 2016 4:13 PM

Mar 2012
I don't mind it but it's becoming very repetitive. Right now its all about catching pokemon because everyone who is part of a gym has those 1,000-2,000+ pokemon so its not even worth trying to capture gyms.

I wish they would add groups and/or battling!!
Jul 21, 2016 4:25 PM
Jul 2016
quite stupid appif u ask me, Is rather hillarious to watch a bunch of grounups "catching" pokemon on the streets
Jul 21, 2016 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
Saw a friend of mine play it,seems like a fairly cute game (great for group hangouts ), but I personally am not all that interested in it. My cellphone being a borderline fossil doesn't help.

I also find it quite peculiar that people act like Pokemon just made a huge comeback after a decade of absence or something,when it's never left us at all. So IMO,it's just a fad

This,mind you,is coming from a hardcore Pokemon player,who plays competitive,so *shrugs*
Jul 21, 2016 5:08 PM

May 2014
My family is spending more time with me and my dog by going on walks to catch pokemon instead of not talking to each other all day cooped up in this house

How could I see any negative aspects of this?
Jul 21, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2014
I have no strong feeling one way or the other
Eat Me
Jul 21, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2016
I think it's boring

I prefer playing the Nintendo 3DS Pokemon games
Jul 21, 2016 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
It's an alright app, i like to go jogging a lot so having something to do while jogging is fun.
Jul 21, 2016 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
I'll tell you when it is released here.
Jul 21, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 2016
I like it. I've been going on hour-long walks pretty much every day and have been exploring my neighborhood. it's been really relaxing, and there are lots of hills by my house so I've actually been building up a little bit of muscle.
my favorite aspect of the game is that it provides a map of your area, and basically a list of some landmarks and where they're located.
I'm not going to spend any money on it, though. as a free game, it's entertaining, but no virtual animal is worth any of my money.
d eflat c b
Jul 21, 2016 9:06 PM

Jan 2012
It's a good game proof how much success it got , i am planning to catch them all .

Jul 21, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2014
i was made fun of for years for playing pokemon now most of the people in my school plays it.
Jul 21, 2016 10:13 PM

Jul 2015
It's not so bad. At first, I wasn't going to play it until they officially released it on the App Store/Google Play Store. Went pokemon hunting once, and it was actually not so bad. Not something that I'm going to put 100% of my effort it, but rather, I don't mind playing when I go out every now and then.

caught in the wonder
Jul 21, 2016 10:16 PM

Jan 2012
I tried to play it but really wasn't impressed. It has a lot of bugs, and I hate that the game play requires you to walk around aimlessly hunting for Pokémon. I understand that that's the whole damn point, but I was in NYC last Saturday and there was a "Pokémon Go! meet up" and it was 50+ people walking around with their faces in their phones.

So, no, I'm not a fan. I understand how it's helped a lot of people (like that story about the autistic kid who started communicating with kids in his neighborhood) and I know a lot of parents who've gotten their kids into it because they were like first gen Pokémon fans or something.

But God, I'm tired of seeing it everywhere and I don't get the point. I miss the old games. Like, DS era or something.

" as long as i'm here,
you're invincible
"

because i don't follow
threads, quote me if you
want me to see something.

ANIME LIST
MANGA LIST
CRUNCHYROLL
Jul 21, 2016 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
amazing game, like a dream come true.
i can't get over how this game actually exists, im so happy.

anyone who's hating on it hasn't played it enough + it's still in it's early stages, so it's only getting much better.
granted i haven't played that much at all, like since it's release, but im dedicating a whole day to it if i dont work tommorow.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jul 21, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2015
I have a stupid Windows Phone so I can't play it on my own phone (there's rumors about it coming to Windows Phone but nothing has been confirmed) but I've played it on my Mom's iPhone some and it's pretty fun, not as good as the main games though, I'm planning to get a new phone though, I've been fed up with Windows Phone for awhile anyway. My 53 year old mom is actuelly really into it and will often go pull into churchs and other Pokestops along the road the get more Pokeballs.
Jul 21, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2014
I'm not into it. The game is really buggy and is sometimes unplayable. The hype is only there because of the name.
Jul 21, 2016 11:40 PM
Jan 2013
I'll be back in a week when the memes get stale to comment about how I dislike it despise never playing it
gone bai bai
Jul 21, 2016 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
Doesn't really appeal to me personally, but at least it encourages people to go outside, I suppose.
Jul 21, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2013
I downloaded it but I don't go out often so I stopped playing it. I can see why it appeals to others though.
Jul 22, 2016 12:09 AM

Mar 2008
"Your device isn't compatible with this version"
well rekt. guess my phone is too old already, lol (I have an HTC which is... maybe 2 years old.. ? maybe older, lol)

I might play it once I got my new phone or just use my dads phone...
it is somewhat appealing to me since it'd make me go outside and explore a bit more. I just can't believe that some people are just not aware of their surroundings at all while playing... some are just too stupid and the game will probably enhance their stupidity xD
It's more appealing to casuals though. The ones who really love the pokemon games - I'm pretty sure they prefer the "older" versions and now the upcoming sun/moon. Actually, I'm looking forward to sun/moon so much more than playing this...
Jul 22, 2016 1:12 AM

May 2015
Trance said:

Uh, electronic entertainment? lol

The only real entertainment is that which sticks with you in some form.

It sticks with you in the heart m8

The rest is a delusion of entertainment. The only real fun is when you truly enjoy yourself instead of enjoying the fact that others are seeing you enjoy.

What does this have to do with temporary achievement?

ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 22, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2016
Personally, I find Pokemon GO to be too intrusive of an app for me to use it, but it is the first mainstream hit for technology using augmented reality and it definitely is the dawn of a new era in that regard.

I'm interested in the information gathering, marketing and other applications that can be exploited by companies and individuals alike. The applications of said technology, now that we know how it could be exploited, is going to usher in hordes of people trying to take advantage of it in various ways.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jul 22, 2016 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
I feel like everyone who plays it is a conformist sheep with no real sense of what real fun is.
Jul 22, 2016 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
it's overrated af and people get so obsessed with the game that they don't even pay attention to their surroundings
everyone will get over this game sooner or later
Jul 22, 2016 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
I find it to be quite awesome. Now I just need to get a Raichu and I'll be really happy :-D
Jul 22, 2016 7:25 AM

Jun 2014
I have nothing against it, and I think it is a good idea, it just doesn't interest me as I have lost interest in Pokémon.
Jul 22, 2016 7:43 AM
Feb 2014
mfw

-------------------------------------------
Jul 22, 2016 7:47 AM
May 2009
Pokemon games have gotten dull Never got into Y even with the update graphics, and additional game aspects.

Pokemon go, seems like a good idea, but without data plan or wifi your dead in the water.

The game should be bigger on install for permanent Pokestops and Gyms, and use randomly generate pokemon, so people can play using GPS and not with Internet.
It should also utilise the Blue Tooth function aswell.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
20 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.