Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2016 4:05 PM

Jun 2016
If you where trying to collect manga volumes would they have to be new or would you have no problem buying used?
Jul 17, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2016
I personally have no problem getting used. just that they are in good condition.
Jul 17, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2012
I try to buy new when possible because I like supporting the industry but sometimes used deals are just too good to pass up. Also, there are lots of out of print manga.

If I'm going to buy used, I want my items in like new condition. I have some old manga I bought used years ago and I'm replacing them with better copies.

Please buy as much new as you can.
Jul 18, 2016 1:17 AM

Jul 2016
I've bought some used manga from thrift stores before, and I've also bought new manga. To me, it doesn't really matter as long as it's in good condition and I can afford it.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 18, 2016 3:02 AM

Jun 2013
I always try to get them new if possible, otherwise like new. But so far all my mangas were bought new.
Jul 18, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
RichtheLionheart said:
I try to buy new when possible because I like supporting the industry but sometimes used deals are just too good to pass up. Also, there are lots of out of print manga.

If I'm going to buy used, I want my items in like new condition. I have some old manga I bought used years ago and I'm replacing them with better copies.

Please buy as much new as you can.

My thoughts exactly!

I only buy used if it is out of print, and I can't get it new anymore. Every other time I do not mind spending a little bit more to support the industry I love!
When not on MAL, here is where you can find me:
Check out my blog
Follow me on Twitter
Jul 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
I mostly buy new volumes. The only exception is if something is out of print.
Jul 21, 2016 11:18 PM

Mar 2009
I have no problem getting used, sometimes, I'll swap things around with some friends.

I do buy a lot of new manga though, but of course for out of print stuff and things from defunct companies like Tokyopop, you have to get used these days. I get them in as good of condition as possible, but even I get ex-library books from time to time if the options are "~$3 for ex library vs $50+ for decent non-ex-library copy"
Jul 22, 2016 12:29 AM

Apr 2016
I prefer to buy new manga. Because of the condition, and also, to support the mangaka.
Jul 22, 2016 12:57 PM

May 2010
I almost always buy new stuff, and go after used volumes only if some manga is already sold out in my country (like the last one I've bought, Peach Girl). But it's just a matter of preference, I guess.
Jul 23, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
I used to buy my manga second hand, this was back when I was getting them just to read. As of now though I only buy them brand new as I am getting them not just to read but to form a collection.

If the used manga is in good condition then it doesn't really matter anyway. It all depends on your personal standards really.

Also, supporting the industry is important, so try to buy a new volume every now and then or any anime/manga product.
"Bang"
-Spike Spiegel
Jul 23, 2016 3:43 AM

Aug 2011
I normally buy brand new (because of a bad experience in the past where a book was missing a few pages). I also like to see them all in top condition within my bookcase, that kind of style just makes me happy.

A fun loving anime community at http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=71118
Jul 23, 2016 6:03 AM
Nov 2013
I don't care if the manga is used or brand new, because I don't read them cause of their cover but because I want to know whats inside. Personnaly I can't stand reading scans so even the most destroyed but PRINTED manga is a treasure for me :-)
I' m looking for an Ultimate Artist to help me creating some Danganronpa manga :-)
No experience required. Why don't give it a try?
If you can do anything manga-creating related you also would be a great help!
Just simply write to me, I don't bite ;-)
Seriously
Jul 23, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
I always buy new manga right
from the bookstore, not only
to support the author, but also
to be sure that the volumes will
be in good condition.

Of course, sometimes purchasing
used volumes might pay off much
more, but I think I'm just too used
to buying new, fresh ones.
Jul 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
I buy all of my manga/LN as new or like new.
I prefer them as close to perfect condition as possible.
I don't mind shelf-wear, but dent covers and stuff like that heavily get on my nerves.
I believe it's because I see manga/LN as some sort of aesthetic as well as reading material.
It's not only my books, it's a collection in my eyes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

378 by Hexcellion »»
10 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
Today, 12:50 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.