Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 21, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2015
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
Maaaaan. I knew Zestiria got shit but seeing how many people hated it makes me sad. I enjoyed the hell out of it. feelsbadman
I played some of ToS (never did get around to finishing it, lol), ToA, ToV, ToGf and ToX1-2. They were all great. Zestiria had it's problems, but all of the games did, imo.
Characters didn't seem as flat as everyone says either. But I'm also a boring guy, so I guess I just never noticed. Edna is pure gold though and nothing can change my opinion.

Either way though, the change the anime are doing are pretty great. I always did think that Alisha standing at the entrance all quiet was awkward as fuck. Same with Mason dying, like whoa. 0-100 real quick there with him getting gobbled up in the middle of combat, lol.
Smh when characters just stand and watch shit happen when they have the opportunity to stop it. Such a bad plot device.
Mason didn't die in this episode though...
Sup...
Jul 21, 2016 8:29 AM

Aug 2011
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
Maaaaan. I knew Zestiria got shit but seeing how many people hated it makes me sad. I enjoyed the hell out of it. feelsbadman
I played some of ToS (never did get around to finishing it, lol), ToA, ToV, ToGf and ToX1-2. They were all great. Zestiria had it's problems, but all of the games did, imo.
Characters didn't seem as flat as everyone says either. But I'm also a boring guy, so I guess I just never noticed. Edna is pure gold though and nothing can change my opinion.

Either way though, the change the anime are doing are pretty great. I always did think that Alisha standing at the entrance all quiet was awkward as fuck. Same with Mason dying, like whoa. 0-100 real quick there with him getting gobbled up in the middle of combat, lol.
Smh when characters just stand and watch shit happen when they have the opportunity to stop it. Such a bad plot device.

I really hope they fix
Jul 21, 2016 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
SenpaiJay98 said:
Mason didn't die in this episode though...

'-' I didn't say he did. I was talking about the changes from the game. Alisha standing silently and Mason's death were awkward moments in the game.

Xarvyn said:
I really hope they fix

Really? It seemed fairly normal from what I recall. It's been awhile though so I can't say that for sure. I just know I didn't want that to happen even though I saw it coming. D:
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 21, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode, like the fighting scene a lot. I thought they changed some scenes to change it further, but it was pretty much the same as the game so kinda strange why they changed dialogue in the beginning. I might've missed this info somewhere, but does anyone know why Hyouma didn't attack Alisha before, he was very close to her, i assumed he went after Seraphims in the village, but that wasn't the case (i didn't play the whole game and i don't think the prologue was in the game)?
Jul 21, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2016
allenjke said:
Pretty good episode, like the fighting scene a lot. I thought they changed some scenes to change it further, but it was pretty much the same as the game so kinda strange why they changed dialogue in the beginning. I might've missed this info somewhere, but does anyone know why Hyouma didn't attack Alisha before, he was very close to her, i assumed he went after Seraphims in the village, but that wasn't the case (i didn't play the whole game and i don't think the prologue was in the game)?

I would assume that he lost appetite. He seems to take pride in his hunting skills. Killing a mourning & weakened prey was probably going to be really unsatisfying for him.

Think of it as a match between 2 swordsmen. One of them seeks a glorious clash. If one wishes such a thing, striking down a weakened opponent isn't going to satisfy him. Killing his opponent at full strength, however, would prove to be nearly orgasmic!

Remember, the journey is often more rewarding than the end. He probably wanted the thrill of hunting her down and killing her... and feasting on her soft and tender flesh (okay, I'll stop...!).

He saw someone else trying to take his prey away so he stepped in. Maybe he wanted to wait longer before killing her?

That's my assumption anyway.
FrozenSheepJul 21, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 22, 2016 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
Is it me or was the animation quality slightly below that of the first episode's animation? Maybe I was so blown away in the first episode by the visuals that I am going to be prone to nitpicking.

The last scene overlooking "the world" was amazing. Bonus points for the music too. I am excited because I never played the game, so don't know what to expect!

Jul 22, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2011
Noobstar21 said:
Is it me or was the animation quality slightly below that of the first episode's animation? Maybe I was so blown away in the first episode by the visuals that I am going to be prone to nitpicking.

The last scene overlooking "the world" was amazing. Bonus points for the music too. I am excited because I never played the game, so don't know what to expect!

I think it's the fact that you were blown away by the visuals. I was blown away too, but not surprised because Ufotable is a great studio. With the pace being slower now, it looks like the animation is limited.
Jul 22, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2011
That scene at the end was just beautiful. Liked the character focus. The fight was awesome. I really wanted to see Gramps fight the Hellion.
Jul 22, 2016 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
Well this episode wasn't as good as the others but the animation surely was beautiful, I expected nothing less from ufotable. The character development was hit right on but I hope why the Hellion is going for Alisha is answered soon.
Jul 22, 2016 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Im a bit disappointed that the first two episodes were just a recap of the movie/OVA, but I'm glad to see they made a few changes from the movie to the TV series for the better. At least starting next episode we will see some new material.
Jul 23, 2016 12:48 AM
Jul 2015
Frozenkex said:
Holy shit, this episode was perfect 10/10+.

That action scene was so intense and bad ass.

And Mason! He wasn't eaten!

And is this Mikleo's 'tsundere' moment?

Very happy about this episode.

Inb4 Fai tells us how Ufotable is somehow bad at everything and Silver link is better.

Prisma Illya 3rei ' animation better than zestiria
Jul 23, 2016 3:02 AM

Jan 2015
Kidd_Kud said:

Prisma Illya 3rei ' animation better than zestiria

Nice bait...

and i'm like
FrozenkexJul 24, 2016 5:01 AM
Jul 23, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
I like the changes compared to the OVA. Sorey fighting skills were impressive against the fox.

Great job Ufotable :D
Jul 24, 2016 6:09 AM

Jan 2014
Fappa said:

Mason didn't die. I thought his death in the game was a little bit out of place and unnecessary.
Except it showed that Hellions are not childs play and shit is serious...This is the only change i didnt like...This is not Fairy Tail,they should've left Samson dead
Jul 24, 2016 6:32 AM
Mar 2015
LoneWizard said:
Fappa said:

Mason didn't die. I thought his death in the game was a little bit out of place and unnecessary.
Except it showed that Hellions are not childs play and shit is serious...This is the only change i didnt like...This is not Fairy Tail,they should've left Samson dead

Since the anime has already established how dangerous the hellions can be and dark the world is while following Alisha in the previous episodes, I think it became a bit redundant here. I can understand why they would avoid it when it wasn't so well received before.
Jul 24, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
Kyogreex said:
LoneWizard said:

Since the anime has already established how dangerous the hellions can be and dark the world is while following Alisha in the previous episodes, I think it became a bit redundant here. I can understand why they would avoid it when it wasn't so well received before.
They avoided it simply because this is a TV series and they cant show a hellion eating the man...:I
Jul 24, 2016 4:20 PM

Jun 2009
TheLittleRedHero said:
Uh this is rather related in the anime, but am I the only one who ships Mikleo and Sorey? Like holy fuck I love them two.
They are my absolute favourite too. I rarely ship two gentlemen but, they are the cutest.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 24, 2016 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
that was really good but seriouslt that fox dude is just creepy
Jul 25, 2016 12:06 AM
Jun 2011
Fai is such strange MF, he/she hate the ToZ game, hate the story and hate the Gameplay.. Now he/she hate the anime too...

So why did you still watch it? and even take your time to write your review that absolute bias against this anime? Hate it, leave it. easy MF

you want to critique ToZ? let people who ACTUALLY enjoy and love ToZ do it.. people like you is cancer to this Toz Forum..
Jul 25, 2016 3:03 AM

Mar 2016
What... Mason is alive? .__. That fox guy looked really epic :'D
Jul 25, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2012
Great fighting scene with Sorey and Mikleo against Lunarre.

I'm surprised he didn't eat Mason like in the games, but then again it had little to no effect to the story.

Credit to Hihanteki
Jul 27, 2016 6:34 PM

Aug 2010
Really liking the way they're doing the anime so far. I'm actually hoping they make some changes from the game.
Jul 28, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2009
I'm going to second what @Fai said on the first page. Alisha should be the sole MC. She's a hell of a lot more interesting and likable.
Jul 29, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2016
What is this tho.. Zelda 2.0 lol Still ridiculously beautiful anime. ^^
Lol Mikoleos funny faces next week. cant wait too see that!
Quite the episode tho. And Gramps being badass o.O gotta love badass gramps!!
Great episode!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 29, 2016 11:38 PM

Apr 2015
if i remember correctly from the game, Mason got eaten by that fox...
but He's alive now which is good...
the fight scene is so gorgeous... i love ufotable
Jul 31, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2015
Mikleo blushing at the end made my heart melt :')
"next week: 'Mikleo's Funny Face' don't miss it" I WON'T FOR SUREE
Aug 15, 2016 1:01 PM

Nov 2015
Nice episode, the visuals were great!

Aug 16, 2016 3:22 PM

Nov 2015

Alisha = Waifu material
Alisha with hair down = Waifu material x2

UFOTABLE STOP MAKING CHARACTERS SO ATTRACTIVE!

HumbertoZeroAug 16, 2016 3:36 PM
Aug 18, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder why the fox guy want Alisha so bad...
Aug 21, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2009
Alisha is suffering.

So with no clue about the story, all the mystery surrounding the bad happenings in the world seem to lead to the advent of the Shepard returning.

Sorey is most likely the Shepard, though that's probably obvious by his protagonist role.
Aug 28, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2015
Hellion vs Sorey fight was epic af! Especially the art damn.

For some reason I'm starting to ship Princess with Sorey lol.

Anyway great episode.
Oct 2, 2016 12:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
small recap for the first special, but a little changes... the animation and the plot for the moment, genial and great!!!!
Oct 11, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Although it was a repeat, because at the time I saw the special, the scenarios and the soundtrack are so rewarding that I feel satisfied, then a refreshed memory always helps. I can not wait to see the next episode.
Oct 20, 2016 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
Alisha's really pretty and her vulnerability is unusualy refreshing

Mikleo is a funny name
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 28, 2016 2:24 AM

Jul 2013
Sorey and would definitely pull that excalibur and make King Arthur proud.
Jan 12, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2010
WHOOPS. I GOT MY EPISODES WRONG.

Nope. Just a regular ol' human. Yeah, why don't you just yell that to everyone, Sorey. Still wanna meet black-haired cutie. Is Lunarre human? Theyre supposed to staying away from humans? wot. wei. OH, WAIT. WHAT. Am I getting these episodes confused? Uhhh. Sorey brings Alisha back to their land and she just doesn't see the other people. Oh. Sorey is the only one to see her. I guess that's why Alisha didn't introduce herself to Lunarre.
Nobody has pulled the blade free yet. Nobody is the Shepperd yet.
Must be hard having a friend who's imaginary. HAHAHA.
Alisha is leaving and hands back the Shepperd glove back. Even though she couldn't see them, she felt the Seraphim watching over her. Then she tells him to join the festival that will be coming to Ladylake soon. Now, an intruder comes through.
MASON, NOOOOo
Sorey and the hellion fight each other. For a human, he's keeping up. TAG-TEAM BATTLE. GRANDSHEEP IS HERE TO HELP. MikLeo? I've been calling him Lunarre for some reason. WHOOPS.
Sorey makes it a note to go after Alisha and Mikleo comes along.
Yuuta_KaoruJan 12, 2017 4:45 PM
Jan 16, 2017 2:45 PM

May 2008
Interesting to note the changes between game and anime. At the very least the editing isn't as terrible as it is in the game, but it does seem cut a bit still awkwardly. Maybe it's just Sorey's (lack of) distinct personality that makes it feel that way. Every character seems to be just missing a little something in their personalities leaving them not quite real.

Regardless, can't wait to see how this turns out.
Feb 12, 2017 12:16 PM

May 2012
Lovely development, I really find the scenery absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to see what's net!
Mar 3, 2017 11:25 PM
Mar 2012
Nice hair styles Alisha. Rider & Archer spotted.
rip hog
it's a book fan club
Kitsune guy goes Blanka, that HEADTILT. Gothgirl did one in 00 too.
Milky ubw vs Blanka very nice.
2 "main dishes"? he means Alisha & Sled?
Milky blushing much for Sled.
Apr 10, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
Wow this is incredible!
Aug 23, 2017 11:26 PM

Dec 2015
Sugoi action scenes, as expected of ufotable.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2019 11:36 PM
Dec 2017
shits getting real :)
Jul 11, 2021 4:33 AM

May 2018
That's a nice pink sunrise we got there :D and that Hellion fox guy means business
Apr 9, 2022 11:45 AM

Feb 2020
Very good episode again. I really liked the fight scene. That Hyouma is a very scary creature.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.