Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 13, 2017 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Hisako vs. Hayama showdown was great.

The next match will be a Shokugeki. Mimasaka is a dick.

The headmaster went "bare". Great job Megumi! XD

Oct 10, 2017 4:09 PM

Aug 2010
Where the fck does this Subaru come from? He wasn't presented in the 1st season. Is this how they fix plot holes nowadays?
Oct 21, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
The clash seems balanced and interesting, I'm sorry that there is nothing else besides direct confrontation.
Oct 22, 2017 10:09 PM

Jun 2011
Always proud of Megumi that she was able to go head to head with Ryo, despite her skill set.
She's grown really well. :3
Oct 28, 2017 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
A little bit too rushed, but still a better adaptation from the manga than the horrendous 1st episode, that completely ruined the amazing Soma vs Alice battle. This one was alright.
The animation is also getting better.

I don't get all the complaint for the turtle. It's not like the kebab wasn't made without killing animals as well. And they killed quite a bunch of vegetables as well.
Just because it happens off screen, it isn't less cruel.
Nov 5, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
And so the last girl also lost... that sucks :<
Well it was clear that Hisako would get stomped, but I wish at least Alice would've made it one more round. Though of course since she was matched against Souma there was no way she would.
At least Takumi will destroy that asshole next episode.
Jan 3, 2018 1:43 AM

May 2017
LIquId4T0r said:
Where the fck does this Subaru come from? He wasn't presented in the 1st season. Is this how they fix plot holes nowadays?

Right??!! I just spent forever googling "where the #$%# did mimasaka subaru come from?". I was thinking maybe I dozed off during an episode, so I even went back to S1E24, but they LITERALLY pulled this guy straight out of their ass....

He was not in Group B....as that had 4 clear winners. Then Group A, with Soma had spice guy at #1 (Akira), then Soma and Ryo were tied at second with 93pts, then tied for 4th spot was Zenji and Shun....this damn Subaru guy was not only NOT in the show, he didn't even rank anywhere, yet they just omit Shun and Zenji and act like this guy won the last spot...

At least show a f'ing redone flashback with Subaru winning versus just acting like it should be common knowledge and literally pulling him from NOWHERE.

I like this show, but that part annoyed the @#$% out of me....is just dumb.
Jan 21, 2018 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
Stacycmc said:
LIquId4T0r said:

Right??!! I just spent forever googling "where the #$%# did mimasaka subaru come from?". I was thinking maybe I dozed off during an episode, so I even went back to S1E24, but they LITERALLY pulled this guy straight out of their ass....

He was not in Group B....as that had 4 clear winners. Then Group A, with Soma had spice guy at #1 (Akira), then Soma and Ryo were tied at second with 93pts, then tied for 4th spot was Zenji and Shun....this damn Subaru guy was not only NOT in the show, he didn't even rank anywhere, yet they just omit Shun and Zenji and act like this guy won the last spot...

At least show a f'ing redone flashback with Subaru winning versus just acting like it should be common knowledge and literally pulling him from NOWHERE.

I like this show, but that part annoyed the @#$% out of me....is just dumb.

This! And I was freaking myself out thinking something like "who the fuck is this guy? is he a teacher or something like this? is he from the top 10 students? who was on the fourth place on the preliminary?". I was SO confused that I started rushing on the last episodes to see who was on the fourth place on the preliminary, but they didn't said nothing about it. This was bizarre, lol.
Jan 21, 2018 3:44 PM

May 2017
shizu said:

This! And I was freaking myself out thinking something like "who the fuck is this guy? is he a teacher or something like this? is he from the top 10 students? who was on the fourth place on the preliminary?". I was SO confused that I started rushing on the last episodes to see who was on the fourth place on the preliminary, but they didn't said nothing about it. This was bizarre, lol.

yeah, that was just poorly done. They could've easily fixed that too... If they didn't want to redo animation to show it, just show a paper showing the winners and have him listed, or a conversation with someone stating that he'd ended up getting the slot over the 2 guys that were tied or something.

Oh well...i'm past it now, but I just dont understand how you just ignore that huge hole in the anime. just seems awfully lazy.
Feb 5, 2018 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
Ryou won.
LMAO Jiji went bare underneath.
They have to win.
It's that guy.
LMAO Souma thought he was getting on the bike.
His name is Subaru.
Akira vs Hisako. Time to get your Shokugeki on.
Suppon? Hold up. She's going to kill the turtle live? NO!!!
Stick your head in quick!
She grabbed it. YAMERO!!!!!!
She killed it.
She took the shell off. Dudes is freaking out!
Hisako oppai.
Dat fine Erina body.
How you know his buisness like that?
How you know he got a mole on his shoulder?
Suppon Burger.
lol at the judges faces like dogs.
Hisako oppai.
Akira has the potential to reach the God Tongue?
Dat Hisako body. Show the nipples!
Akira won? The turtle died for no reason? WTF!
Erina oppai.
This dude just talked shit about his brother then spit gum on his.... Disrespectful.
Oh snap! Takumi and Subaru are gonna get their Shokugeki on.

So I wasn't the only one to be surprised at Subaru's appearance.
RIP Suppon. You died for nothing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 31, 2019 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
OMG, that turtle scene was gross!
Jun 28, 2019 10:18 AM

May 2016
Megumi might not have caused the Chairman to take off his top, but his loincloth actually loosened by feeling her untapped potential, oh my. Everyone's impressed that she stood her ground against someone like Ryou valiantly until the very end and that's great.

When Hisako brought out that turtle and killed it in front of the crowd to make it into a burger, I felt a little bad for it since I'm a turtle owner myself. At least my beloved Mr. President's downstairs, unaware of what I had just witnessed. I'd like to try it out too though since you can't have things fresher than that. When Hayama started hypnotizing the crowd with his delectable scents once again though, that signaled the beginning of the end of the princess' aide's time under the spotlight. Even though it wasn't his specialty, he took the most important mechanics of a burger into consideration and used his powerful-tasting ingredients accordingly.

Subaru might've appeared out of nowhere but I guess that introducing someone only at the last few episodes of the first season wouldn't give him enough time to get a proper introduction. He's definitely an interesting character to say the least. Going as far as to ridicule Takumi's bro and sully his beloved tools like that was low. It's time for a Food War!

Sep 14, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2016
Seems like no one mentions about the Ultraman reference, but since I grew up with the series, I found the reference hilarious.
Jan 2, 2020 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
A shokugeki? The next episode will be insane! It was clear from the anime op who would win. I'm not a fan of hisako but I hope we get more of a background story for her so I can understand her character and get to like her!
Jan 6, 2020 2:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That creep dude is really weird, i'm afraid about him
Feb 2, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
that poor turtle. I would refuse to eat that rrr that betch :( tho i did like that ultraman reference bahahaa XD

coming soon
Feb 7, 2020 3:06 PM

Aug 2017
Well, since Souma won previously it was obvious that Megumi was going to lose. So, Subaru is an evil villain and he's going to fight Takumi in a Shokugeki.

Pretty good episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 13, 2020 4:23 AM

Jul 2016
If the Döner hadn't won I would have dropped the series. Döner is love, Döner is life.
Jul 9, 2020 4:54 PM

Jul 2020

This is how I felt that whole episode. It was really intense. This Subaru character is going to be interesting to watch.
~~~~~~ The story is the thing. ~~~~~~
Jul 23, 2020 8:13 PM

May 2018
THIS BITCH KILLED A TURTLE THATS SO FUCKING MEAN IM SO SAD THAT TURTLE NOOOOOOO

Oct 1, 2020 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
Glad to see the pace picking up a bit lolz, sometimes it feels like they take their time explaining a dish.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 2, 2020 10:57 AM
Mar 2017
I hate traditional chinese medicine. Thank God she lost.
Feb 9, 2021 11:31 AM

Feb 2018
yoite- said:
Okay, slaughtering that little turtle was too much. Now I hate the show. I don't wanna see any animal torturing / killing in real life or even shows that aren't real. So damn you.

Hayama <3

I think I can handle it because we can't ignore all the chickens and sea creatures beign used, but turtles are protected species and make fashion of a turtle as food felt disgusting for me and even more all the detail on how they make use of the poor animal.

I can't believe this episode didn't get more agro around this.
Jul 11, 2021 4:28 PM

Jul 2017
Solid episode but not as exciting as the previous one since it was clear that Hayama would kick Hisako's ass, not just for the sake of plot. Hisako's medicinal-based cooking is good but its just a really bad matchup against someone who utilizes spices to such a high degree that it's guaranteed to produce more delicious dishes normally, especially for a burger dish. Plus, Hisako not being as motivated to reach the top compared to Hayama does play a little psychological influence too on the overall battle. Hisako was never going to make a deep run given the competition at hand unless she faced someone like Megumi.

Next matchup seems interesting though, with Takumi and Subaru going at each other in a Shokugeki in the first round itself. Subaru loves his psychological warfare of fucking with others right before a big matchup.
Nov 18, 2022 5:32 PM
May 2020
I still don't understand why we weren't introduced to the "the devil is in the details" guy last season.
Jun 22, 2023 11:42 AM
Apr 2023

its very very good
Jul 11, 2023 7:39 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.