Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 9, 2016 4:46 PM

Mar 2011
What the h.... it's another one of that type. the MC's overpowered and the harem settings, the "magical" school, the magic. Geh

*(y) definitely watching this*
Jul 9, 2016 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like I'm dealing with Rokka no Yuusha all over again, mainly because Ichiya is a cocky son of a bitch.

Ichiya: "I'm all we need."
Adlet Mayer: "I'm the strongest man in the world."

Yeah, here we go with one of those arrogant MC types. Also, am I the only one that kinda got a weird Harry Potter feel off of this with the three zones ordeal and the distribution of points? Well, it's an original so I am going to see where it goes but at least the OST was enjoyable.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2016 5:12 PM
Nov 2015
Pretty much what I expected from A-1, though the animation is a bit on the 'meh' side. Soundtrack is great though.
Jul 9, 2016 6:07 PM

Oct 2011
Really annoying cocky asshole main character - dropped.
Jul 9, 2016 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Zarconeus238 said:
I feel like I'm dealing with Rokka no Yuusha all over again, mainly because Ichiya is a cocky son of a bitch.

Yeah, here we go with one of those arrogant MC types. Also, am I the only one that kinda got a weird Harry Potter feel off of this with the three zones ordeal and the distribution of points? Well, it's an original so I am going to see where it goes but at least the OST was enjoyable.

Don't even compare the two.

Adlet Mayer's "i'm the strongest man in the world" wasn't a saying he said to say he was better and needed no help." He said it because he wanted people to rely on him, and to convince himself that he was indeed strong instead of weak.

These two characters are literally NOTHING alike.

This guy has ABSOLUTELY no social skills.

Also, are the villains supposed to be scary or not. This anime had two moods and I hated that. If you're trying to go for that war isn't serious type of atmosphere than do it like Majikoi.

This was a disappointment.
Jul 9, 2016 6:26 PM

Jan 2014
yeah loved the MC, he could be more mean and tough, story doesn't look so great but let's hope it gets better
Jul 9, 2016 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Zarconeus238 said:

Adlet Mayer's "i'm the strongest man in the world" wasn't a saying he said to say he was better and needed no help." He said it because he wanted people to rely on him, and to convince himself that he was indeed strong instead of weak.

Also, are the villains supposed to be scary or not. This anime had two moods and I hated that. If you're trying to go for that war isn't serious type of atmosphere than do it like Majikoi.

Oh no...let's not recall the atrocity that was Majikoi.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2011
I really liked Canaria's song, which was pretty much the only thing I really enjoyed. It was overall better than I thought it would be with some amusing characters and I enjoyed that they had friendly fire. But the world and everything else didn't really capture my interest.
Jul 9, 2016 8:13 PM
Jun 2015
The VA for Canaria is also the VA for Mikasa....my mind cannot comprehend. Nonetheless great singing though
Jul 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2011
Yep only really liked the music Canaria song was good before the all the WUB WUB

this MC..though...lol i do like that everyone else fucking hates him and thinks hes a asshole as well
Jul 9, 2016 9:17 PM
Nov 2012
Episode was okay... missed listening to ClariS singing though <3.

I like the Chigusa siblings, the MC is eh.
Jul 9, 2016 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly not that much really happened in this episode, and the story is far from being original, but it was enjoyable enough so ill keep watching.
Jul 9, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2013
Zarconeus238 said:
TitanAnteus said:

The anime adaptation did not do the story justice that's for sure.
Jul 9, 2016 9:50 PM

Aug 2015
At the least, it was better than I expected.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 9, 2016 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
reading the description, it seems pretty generic. typical main cast somehow get powers because reasons and they need to save the world. seems like a show you'd watch for the action and animation more than anything else. of course, i could be way off.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 9, 2016 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
Looks like this will be an interesting series. The main characters have personalities of all kind and they clash. The main character duo is as obvious as it can be, but I enjoy the proximity. MC is an arrogant dude and the girl is the more friendly. I can see MC maturing but ehhh, that can wait.

That leader fires a supermassive blade that destroys railway was unexpected, but the outcome was hilarious.

Not sure I get the Gravity powers of the MC. Basically he crushes them into nothingness, the balls of Gravity electrify them? They do what? Not sure.

One thing I liked is that Ranking system and that people fight each other over it. It is as realistic as it can be, since even in times of crisis we human race find enough room in ourselves to be a bunch of selfish morons. I'm glad they portrayed that since it unfortunately is how we are, and I can expect this to repeat itself.
Jul 9, 2016 10:53 PM

Oct 2015
oh wow, i liked this a lot! idc if it's generic. really enjoyed it nevertheless. mc's repeated "i'm all we need" reminds me of adlet mayer's "i'm the strongest man in the world" lol but yeah, what an attitude. i like the black-haired, ranked #207 guy tho. and really nice when canaria sang. ost is great. i think they did a good job establishing the world; how these different schools/cities work with each other, the competition, and the large-scale battle impressed me. tho i expect much larger ones in the future. the distinctive personalities of each character also make them interesting because at least they're not a copy of one another.
shoutohdorokiJul 9, 2016 10:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 10:58 PM
Sep 2013
I can't remember the last time I've seen a show where the heroine is this blatantly stupid. I'm surprise she manages to dress herself.

Anyways, the characters seem kinda annoying, especially the the MC, red-haired chick, and her brother. At least it seems like the MC has room for development but it the two siblings will probably remain annoying forever.
Jul 9, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2016
Liked the music. Interesting anime
Jul 9, 2016 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Zarconeus238 said:

The anime adaptation did not do the story justice that's for sure.

I agree with you 100%
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2016 11:37 PM
Dec 2014
If this will be 24 episodes, then I think it will be fine.
But it resembles other generic highschool magic animes from 2015 alot...
(Schwarzesmarken + asterisk war) ?

This kind of genre has potential, but most animes waste it, I'm relieved that two unique authors are working on this.
An author who made a romantic comedy into drama and philosophy
And an author who made a unique ecchi battle story
Jul 9, 2016 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Have some mixed feelings about this. OST was amazing and they've got some great voice actors as well. The two biggest problems I have with this right now, are the Unknown and the MC. The Unknown are incredibly boring and are just a bunch of fodder enemies. And the MC is an arrogant piece of shit! I can't stand him. It wouldn't be so bad if he had the strength to back it up but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll see how the next few episodes go. If anything is going to make me drop this, it will be the MC, that's for sure.
Jul 9, 2016 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
get this The 5th Wave+Supernatural=Qualidea Code? ouch it will be like that i think for this anime and so i'll pass
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 9, 2016 11:49 PM

Apr 2009
tingy said:
Not gonna lie, I'm only here for Saito Soma lol. Even if his character is sort of on the douche side, but it doesn't bother me that much. The music great as expected, but that and Saito Soma alone won't be enough for me to keep watching. It wasn't bad, the first episode just wasn't good enough of a hook. I did like watching Ichiya and Canaria though, especially near the beginning where he knew exactly what she needed and was one step ahead of her with giving her towel/parts of the uniform. It was also nice that he carried her bag for her, leading me to think he's actually a pretty good guy, even if his condescending attitude could use some fixing.

Also, Maihime's coat is ugly af.
Maihime looks like some annoying Officer in the army that i just wanna punch at him

Jul 10, 2016 12:08 AM

Feb 2015
So far, I'm a fan. Though it seems like it'll be pretty forgettable in the long run, pretty decent right now.
Jul 10, 2016 12:47 AM

Feb 2015
Man, I really enjoyed this Episode.
I mean it is another one of those but I just liked the overall look/ and the action was well done. Also dug the singing part of the battle..So far the characters haven't let me down but it's only the first episode

5/5
Jul 10, 2016 12:50 AM

Oct 2015
Well It's rare to get a six MC with really different characteristic in one show. The art is good, especially the action scene . And the soundtrack tho. I think it's really perfectly match with the action. Looking forward for next episode for sure.
Jul 10, 2016 12:57 AM

Sep 2013
Not too bad of a start. Action scenes are average. The soundtrack is okay.

Ichiya is an arrogant prick, regardless of the ranking system or not. I hate the "High and Mighty" type characters. He's the MC, that personality should be for someone else or at least he should tone it down a little. He practically flew around saying everyone is shit and no one is better than him. One episode in and I can not wait until he gets absolutely destroyed so he can be more humble and that's a bad thing if you want me to be invested into his story.

Canaria is kinda adorable. Hime and Hotaru are definitely the coolest characters. Only 1 episode in though so I can't judge too much for everyone else other than that asshole Ichiya. I legitimately can't stand his character so far.

3/5

Jul 10, 2016 1:03 AM

Aug 2013
And so the plot is presented, but in my opinion, that drew the most attention were the personalities of the characters, very different, but very interesting, I'm really looking forward to seeing the development of the anime ..
Jul 10, 2016 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
The audio is great.

I'm gonna wait for more episodes and see if the ratings improve.
Jul 10, 2016 1:58 AM
Aug 2015
What is the song title sang by Canaria?
Jul 10, 2016 2:24 AM

Dec 2015
It was okay. Less interesting than the other anime this studio made (at least the ones I remember from last few seasons).

Did not like the main girl and that hime. Main guy was "okay" only. The older girl with the hime, the old instructor/superior guy and the laid back guy (not caring about rankings) were good. Wanted to drop since I did not plan to watch a lot this season and already some 2-cour stuff from previous season and some prequels on my list ...

but the end of the episode seemed interesting. Watching episode 2-3 to see how it develops. Might be interesting to see the chemistry (probably hate/rivalry but also a bit friendship then) between the main and that other 200+ ranked guy.
Jul 10, 2016 3:06 AM
Jan 2016
Feels like Asterisk War all over again , lets hope it gets better in the next episodes.
Jul 10, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2013
Well, Hachiman is a cool character, I guess.
Jul 10, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode, the OSTs are catchy and there is a lot of details especially on the board at the beginning. I am looking forward to watch the other episodes, the characters look interesting
Jul 10, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2009
The redeeming quality of this show is that everyone(in exception to blondie) talks shit to the protag, who is actually a genuine prick.

Jul 10, 2016 5:13 AM
Nov 2013
LobsterRyoma said:
The redeeming quality of this show is that everyone(in exception to blondie) talks shit to the protag, who is actually a genuine prick.

Genuine or not, it doesn't the matter for now, the point is, his personality is so shit that gave cancer to people.

Anyway, the anime itself is not too bad at all, especially when I love Canaria from the first sight. She is just so cute :).
A55CH33KS 10V3R 69
Jul 10, 2016 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
we got an inori clone right here :c
Jul 10, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
TBH if i'm gonna watch this anime i'll just skip Canaria's song *takes a M2 Browning MG*

Jul 10, 2016 6:34 AM
May 2016
Interesting show, though we could say this is pretty generic, post apocalyptic world setting and people got supernatural powers from it. I'm liking the show. The animation is good, at the very first scene in the attacking of their enemies reminds me of Black Bullet. decent characters, I'm seeing space for development, the MC with a very high confidence to himself and always saying "I am all we need", he's attitude reminds me of Yuichiro of Owari no Seraph, and the military like school in a post apocalyptic world resembles also to it. Canarria at first looks like just a clumsy and kinda stupid girl, but hell yeah the way she did start singing was pretty impressive, it was a healing power, and I like the song, so calming. The siblings are pretty badass. The Maihime is so cute, though she got a powerful power, which defeated the swarm of their enemies easily, so she's also badass. Just worrying and hoping that this will not gonna progress and end into generic. Looking forward for the next episode.
Neo_oeNJul 10, 2016 6:43 AM
Jul 10, 2016 6:39 AM

May 2016
I don't mind asshole MC's but this one is just cringeworthy especially when he keeps repeating "I AM THE ONLY ONE WE NEED".
Jul 10, 2016 7:08 AM
Jul 2016
A bit like ur typical highschool fighting, but damn, the characters r actually interesting for once, and the ost is amazing.
Jul 10, 2016 7:38 AM
May 2014
Liked it better than the Musou Gakuen.
Still dont get how translaters say Musou Gakuen is better.
I suppose anime as a medium is completely different to LNs and the animation and OSTs are playing a huge part
Jul 10, 2016 7:50 AM
Feb 2015
FuzzyBubbles said:
The OST was pretty much the only thing i enjoyed in this episode.

+1
only the ost was good, just another lame battle series for now
Jul 10, 2016 8:01 AM

Oct 2015
this type of animes being mainstream and boring, just to attract fans

dropped it
Jul 10, 2016 8:12 AM
Jun 2013
Good first episode. Fun characters and I quite enjoy their interactions. gotta love how the loli is the strongest character out of them all lol. But gotta say, the students feel a bit too op to casually massacre an alien race that once conquered the world. And the aliens here feel and look like a dumber version of the aliens in Strike Witches. Seems fun so far so gonna keep following this one.
Jul 10, 2016 9:10 AM
Nov 2015
kadiro said:
The main character is so arrogant. I hate those type.

The girls look cute though. Especially the red headed girl.

Do you prefer a MC that don't do anything? and cry every ep?
Jul 10, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2014
Ugh that was disappointing... I like the redhead though, so i'll try to keep watching for now.
The art style looks good but the color palette makes it feel really dull. The animation quality is already halting when it's not a close-up, but the OST was decent.
Jul 10, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2016
Why are the english reviews for this show so bad? The reviews on the Japanese web sites have like 5/5 for everything? Well I think that it is mostly because this anime is for people living in Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa because people there really look down on each other. e.g. tokyo people really are superioritists, and Chiba people are looked down as lazy country-folk. This anime is really meant for a Japanese audience so you don't really get the jokes they've hid in unless you live in Japan....... Oh and the subs are really horrible they dont know how to translate japanese into english
Jul 10, 2016 9:23 AM
Jul 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
Honestly not that much really happened in this episode, and the story is far from being original, but it was enjoyable enough so ill keep watching.

this shows really not about the story, its about the interactions between the characters, I speak japanese and their racist jokes on each other's provinces (tokyo chiba and kanagawa) was FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! and everyone on the japanese blogs says so too. The reason why this show was not well recieved to english speaking audiences is

1.you dont get the jokes unless you live in japan and know about the society there

2. the subs are FREAKING HORRIBLE the guy who wrote subs does not know how to translate offensive jokes

Very sad how poorly recieved this anime is to english speaking audiences, as everyone likes it here in japan............
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.