Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
Kudo said:

Arcanix should be paid for every member who still falls for his posts.

Arcanix is a laughably bad troll who obviously has nothing else better to do with his life.

This was an important chapter but it felt kind of odd in some way.
Jul 2, 2016 1:00 PM
Sep 2014
Wow did not expect any of that to happen!!!!

Ishida why are you such a GOD?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Safe to say Tokyo Ghoul is the greatest manga series of all time.
Jul 2, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
Came just to shout out loud... I FRIGGIN SCORED 2 THEORIES FROM A YEAR AGO (or more?) ON A SINGLE FOCKEN CHAPTER HOLEY SHIT
Jul 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
R.I.P Arima.

Marude channeling is inner Mado with that "just my intuition" was great...he's as good as dead though. The mysteries surrounding Hide continues to intensify with the intel that was giving to him in this chapter.

So Furuta's a half-human with Rize's kagune? No wonder he fucking rekt Eto.
Jul 2, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2016
Props to Ishida-sensei for always leaving me with my mouth hanging open . That man is full of surprises .

I was really surprised when Arima slit his throat last chapter , but now that his backstory was revealed I was left speechless . Gg Ishida-sensei for making me cry my eyes out for a manga character . This chapter was an emotional roller coaster .

And then we learned about the Washuus etc . Who would have expected it that the CCG was actually ran by ghouls

Jul 2, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2016
This chapter was amazing!

The beauty of his sad end is exactly what makes Arima a great character. And is totally coherent with his life, they always showed us a cold and emotionless man, but now we understand better his feelings and the reasons of his interest in Kaneki.

This chapter gave a lot of answers. About Arima, the Washu, the damn gate of CCG, and...Marude! wow

5/5
Jul 2, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 2016
Its a very sad chapter,Then its like arima was just waiting for someone to kill him all the time. He was happy that he was be able leave,"something" That means its haise. He trained kaneki to surpassed and kill him. Man the feels on this chapter . Chapter 83 Never forget :(
Jul 2, 2016 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Bombshell after bombshell wow this chapter was insane i love it :D
And that ending was so sad so sad ;_;
Jul 2, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Heirio said:
Bit confused though.... why are the Washuu trying to kill ghouls if they themselves are ghouls?
Maybe to experiment on them or receive funding to use for their experiments?
Jul 2, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
So the One-eyed king is probably the old guy in a chair?
Jul 2, 2016 4:02 PM
Mar 2016
Finding out about the Washuu clan having really been V all this time and throwing ghouls into the mix was really fascinating, but I'm also really disgusted by them. I mean it's not right as far as ghouls species go. Now, I'm wondering about how Hide plays a role into the Washuu clan and if he really is possibly a ghoul.. Kaneki got me when he cried, again! Man.. For the last time Ishida please be nice to Kaneki. Arima's death was not a surprise and actually was done well, so applaud to Ishida. CCG and V are the worse organization that there ever was.. They created none of what they promised to citizens of Tokyo. I hope all investigators learn the dirty truth about the Washuu's and that CCG is a total liar. Oh and next week should be interesting.. Juuzou better be alive or else.
Jul 2, 2016 4:30 PM

Oct 2015
wow this chapter was amazing. Im starting to think more and more Ken is nameless in Etos book. I will love to see where the story goes from here too bad etos book is not a real thing.

Arima is a true hero, I am wondering will he leave something in his will or like always nothing.
Jul 2, 2016 4:36 PM

Sep 2013
Arima is a incomplete half ghoul aka demi-human :O
Prime Arima confirmed for the strongest, even while he was 99.99% blind he could beat Kaneki down.
V=Washu.

MangaKing said:
Kudo said:
Arcanix should be paid for every member who still falls for his posts.

Arcanix is a laughably bad troll who obviously has nothing else better to do with his life.

I'm sorry, it's my fault.
I broke his poor heart a while ago and he never recovered :(
Jul 2, 2016 5:19 PM

Jan 2014
This chapter confirms that Tokyo Ghoul re should be named Tokyo Ghoul:Ajin
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jul 2, 2016 5:38 PM
Aug 2009
Buramitura said:
Why Marude didn't used anti-ghoul bullets?
So the ghouls created organisation of ghoul hunters. Not the best idea, since it's impossible to keep such thing in secret forever. I hope Marude is not a idiot and he made some notes about his investigation.

Arima was able to talk with cut throat O_o

I think with those anti-ghoul bullets, Washuu would die no matter what and Marude would have no evidence that he is in fact a ghoul.

With the normal bullets, you basically have two possible outcomes:

1. He's a ghoul and survives (thus your theory is correct).
2. He's human and dies (thus your theory is incorrect).

What an awesome chapter, btw. One of the best in the entire series.
Jul 2, 2016 6:12 PM

Apr 2016
Kaneki is now going to impersonate as the one who killed Arima . maybe all the ghouls will see him as the savior who revolts against the Washuu clan .
RIP Arima .
Jul 2, 2016 7:15 PM

Nov 2015
Wow, major loss.
What's next for the CCG after this?

It's almost guaranteed that Matsuri will take the Director/Chairman's spot. Arima's death will force the CCG to take more drastic measures, which Matsuri will be eager to take.♣

Upon becoming Director, Matsuri will likely declare martial law; anyone who is even slightly associated with ghouls will be blacklisted and at the very least isolated (if not executed).

By now they should have (or at least in development) portable Rc detectors to use when they break into everyone's houses. ♠

-Wouldn't be surprised if Urie gets promoted to Associate Special Class. Since Furuta is probably going to stay as Rank 1, he'll have a new boss to play with.

Donato Lecter is still lurking. I doubt he'll stay in Cochlea. If he decides to leave with Kaneki, their next goal will probably be to reunite with Amon.

As for the clowns, well, they're just around the corner.
Jul 2, 2016 7:52 PM

Nov 2015
Awesome!! This chapter was good imo. I learned a lot of things about Arima and the Washu Clan.
Jul 2, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2010
I didn't think the day would come where I would feel emotional for Arima's death. "The one who wished for death more than anyone else was the grim reaper himself"

10/10 chapter.

All these revelations change everything. True villains of Tokyo Ghoul finally revealed.
Ragna92Jul 2, 2016 8:10 PM
Jul 2, 2016 9:08 PM
Nov 2015
I dont see why some people hated this chapter. For me this is definitely one of the best chapters of the series. Some game changing revelations with V and the Washuu clans you all know things are never going to be the same again.Marude definitely showed some huge balls in this chapter but unfortunately hes gonna die. He was the SC reported killed in action. And Arima's death omg saddest death of the series for me. Arima was pure mystery from the start everything about him, where he came from, a ghoul or a human, does he have emotion, does he feel parental love for Kaneki, what does he think of his life and himself it was all answered in this chapter. He hated his life, he hates killing, he's half human, and i think it's confirmed that he feels parental love towards Kaneki he tried to say Haise in his last breath and he revealed everything to him and entrusting his wish to him and i believe when he said he finally left something in this world i think he meant Kaneki as his legacy. Both of them wished to die huh and Arima indeed died in style. Like father like son (ToT)
Jul 2, 2016 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
I knew it, Arima isn't completely human, it is no surprise with all his incredible godlike skill to take the One Eyed Owl like nothing !!

Too bad he doesn't live long, I sure going to miss him
Jul 2, 2016 9:57 PM

Sep 2012
I always thought that Arima was a really important character who was hiding interesting things. Since he had some 'sadistic' personality I liked to think that maybe he wasn't interested in justice despite being a hero, maybe he was that strong but he didn't even care about others, or even care about life, like when in tg 14 he ''kills'' Kaneki (or kidnaped him) even when he knew who he was, I thought it was great. But what I understood is: he did that so he could raise someone who will look 'capable' of kill him, or in fact kill him (sadly, Ken will never do that even if he was strong enough), so he can peacefully die? that doesn't sound bad to me but that leave a lot of inexplicable things; so he did that because he wanted Ken to resolve the whole mafia thing in CCG? He was a good GOOD guy? I don't think I have time enough to know him, but Ishida could have developed him a little bit more. For me (very personal opinion) Arima was a 'Dark' guy who had power, but no who to protect (and he don't even need it), while Ken was weak but has a pure heart that, nevertheless, led him to death. So... yeah I don't know what to think about it, this was more deep but not in the way that I expected. I do think there were beautiful scenes and really interesting facts.
Also Ken vs Arima reminds me a lot the final fight between Seishirou and Subaru in CLAMP's X.
rorcualJun 26, 2017 12:45 AM
Jul 2, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2008
So it sounds like Tokyo Ghoul pulled a Fullmetal Alchemist where the government is run by the Homunculus.
Jul 3, 2016 1:40 AM

Aug 2013
The_Deceiver said:

you must be kidding. V is looking for a King too. how did you come to that conclusion?
it's almost confirmed that Kaneki will become a King. that was Arima's wish. somehow everyone forgets that the King is supposed to guide ghouls not slaughter them.
Jul 3, 2016 2:29 AM

Dec 2015
I'm back after months, just read last 10 chapters..

*crying*
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Jul 3, 2016 3:26 AM

Nov 2013
The only thing i can say is poor Urie..
It really seems like they ate human flesh that day.

Jul 3, 2016 6:55 AM
Jul 2016
The_Deceiver said:

I highly doubt it. At the end of the original Tokyo Ghoul series, the old guy in the chair stated: "We must defeat the one-eyed owl... no, the one-eyed king of the Aogiri Tree, no matter what it takes."

The One-Eyed King is the leader of Aogiri, whereas the old guy is the leader of the CCG (so it seems to me). Since the leaders of the CCG are just ghouls, this seems like a massive turf war.
Jul 3, 2016 6:57 AM
Jul 2016
HollowIchigo58 said:
So it sounds like Tokyo Ghoul pulled a Fullmetal Alchemist where the government is run by the Homunculus.

Fullmetal Alchemist spoilers m9.
Jul 3, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
Something does not sit well with me and maybe it's the timing. I mean we had like 8-9 chaps to see a fight of 'titans' and now it turns out the things we expected were true:

Arima is not completely cold hearted shit.
Washuu have their hands in many pies.

It's not that unexpected ( I' ve also seen others' opinions on dirty washuu clan and made perfect sense) but..... I think it's the conveniency arima's last words that seem to oversimplify all that story and give a way out of a fight that would render Kaneki a killer otherwise. ("I've got glaucoma and I'm ederly" it's like more tragedy to the tragedy with some tragedy on the side) so I agree with

Zalmox1s said:
Ishida used Arima's death for an abrupt info dump.

I wonder if Yoshimura knew about the washu and if he did why the hell did not just spill the beans while they had the time that night since he knew he'd go for his death?

btw, Yoshitoki's bulleted undead face brought the chills with his cold hearted eyes. cold-hearted, get it? *snickers* (Oh dear...)
KoSparrowsJul 3, 2016 7:13 AM
Jul 3, 2016 7:43 AM

Oct 2014
KoSparrows said:
Something does not sit well with me and maybe it's the timing. I mean we had like 8-9 chaps to see a fight of 'titans' and now it turns out the things we expected were true:

Arima is not completely cold hearted shit.
Washuu have their hands in many pies.

It's not that unexpected ( I' ve also seen others' opinions on dirty washuu clan and made perfect sense) but..... I think it's the conveniency arima's last words that seem to oversimplify all that story and give a way out of a fight that would render Kaneki a killer otherwise. ("I've got glaucoma and I'm ederly" it's like more tragedy to the tragedy with some tragedy on the side) so I agree with

Zalmox1s said:
Ishida used Arima's death for an abrupt info dump.

I wonder if Yoshimura knew about the washu and if he did why the hell did not just spill the beans while they had the time that night since he knew he'd go for his death?

btw, Yoshitoki's bulleted undead face brought the chills with his cold hearted eyes. cold-hearted, get it? *snickers* (Oh dear...)
They would have killed eto if he did
Jul 3, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2013
KoSparrows said:

He was too busy spilling coffee beans
Jul 3, 2016 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
Heirio said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Fullmetal Alchemist spoilers m9.
Oop's, oh well, I forgot and im pretty sure mostly everyone read or seen FMA.
Jul 3, 2016 12:21 PM

Nov 2015
The Penisman hinted that Arima (Sachin) is a one-eyed ghoul and that the Washuu family are an ancient clan of cannibal monsters. ♣

The events in Tokyo Ghoul merely reflect the masterpiece that is the Penisman.
Agent-PhrankJul 3, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 3, 2016 1:41 PM

Dec 2015
Kryptiq said:
R.I.P Arima.

Marude channeling is inner Mado with that "just my intuition" was great....

I was just scrolling to see if anyone else picked up on this. Not just that but the panel with him after shooting, the stance was almost identical to mado with Amon in the back and his case.
Never really occurred that half ghouls could turn out to be more human and not all ended up like Eto or Ken With their ghoul sides more dominant post birth/surgery
Jul 3, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2013
mochakawaiibear said:
They would have killed eto if he did

Isn't it like Eto knows about all this? I think she searched V back then and her mother's diary.
Jul 3, 2016 6:21 PM
Mar 2016
lienleaf said:
Wait, so Arima stated that he along with some others like Furuta are Demi-Humans,
and Demi-humans, other than Demi-Ghouls like Eto can't use Kagune, but in return can eat normal food as well as have OP physical power.
So Furuta has similar OP Powers like Arima, adding to it the Ghouloperation he got from Kanou makes him more than one of the most OP Characters in the Manga right now.

Now thinking about it, Furuta does look like an OP ghoul. I don't anyone except Kaneki could take him on.
Jul 3, 2016 6:54 PM

Jul 2016
Another outstanding chapter. Ishida delivers as always!

This manga is getting better and better. Never thought I would feel sad about Arima dying....
Jul 3, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
Persuade said:
lienleaf said:
Wait, so Arima stated that he along with some others like Furuta are Demi-Humans,
and Demi-humans, other than Demi-Ghouls like Eto can't use Kagune, but in return can eat normal food as well as have OP physical power.
So Furuta has similar OP Powers like Arima, adding to it the Ghouloperation he got from Kanou makes him more than one of the most OP Characters in the Manga right now.

Now thinking about it, Furuta does look like an OP ghoul. I don't anyone except Kaneki could take him on.

Furuta is going to become the main villain here
Jul 3, 2016 9:13 PM

Oct 2013
Good chapter, thougha I think Arima needed a bit more fleshing out before his death imo. 4/5
Jul 4, 2016 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
Hide Nagachika's name was mentioned again and really makes me wonder, during his stint at CCG, just how much information did he manage to dig up??

When Hide approached Kaneki before Arima's fight in Tokyo Ghoul, he must have been aware of all this information of which Marude mentioned this chapter, then Arima and CCG sparing Kaneki might have been for the goal of finding a way for ghouls to become humans. O~ getting exciting.
Jul 4, 2016 5:40 AM

May 2015
Can Amon please come back already? It's been too damn long. Loving the story at the minute though tbh.
I always hated Arima but I don't know how I feel now. I wasn't expecting an Anti-Hero role from him.
Jul 4, 2016 8:53 PM

Mar 2012
Kudo said:
The only thing i can say is poor Urie..
It really seems like they ate human flesh that day.

i totally forgot about that. you're probably right
Jul 4, 2016 10:24 PM

Mar 2016
Aw snap! Lot of info dropped on one chapter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2016 11:11 PM
Oct 2015
physicschild said:
Persuade said:

How did you come to this conclusion with all the things that got revealed in this chapter? The Washuu's/V clearly just got revealed as the main villains here the one's keeping the world in a cage as Kanou would say. Furuta has shown a strong dislike for the Washuu's/V and is clearly trying to do his own thing here which is too start a revolution as he's talked about before. It bothers me a bit that some people can't understand a character with out putting them in a black or white category. Furuta is a complex character he isn't good or bad the best way to describe him is choatic neutral.
Jul 4, 2016 11:20 PM
Oct 2015
Arima's death was well done. It was sad, and there was a lot of meaning to it. Marude's probably gonna die.
Jul 5, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2016
wow just wow total mindfuck
Jul 5, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
Arima's last speech was really moving, but the fact that Kaneki was sad about him just doesn't go well with me, I mean they were about to kill each other after all.

The clan responsible for the ghoul annihilation are ghouls themselves! honestly, even though it may sound surprising, I find that a bit cliche, just hope that the author will make a proper explanation for this... if it's actually needed.
Jul 5, 2016 2:00 PM
Jul 2016
Elgargini said:
Arima's last speech was really moving, but the fact that Kaneki was sad about him just doesn't go well with me, I mean they were about to kill each other after all.

Kaneki did say that he didn't want to kill him.
I think it's the same situation with Amon, wherein they had to fight, but they didn't really want to.
Jul 5, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
TheGhoulLife said:
physicschild said:

How did you come to this conclusion with all the things that got revealed in this chapter? The Washuu's/V clearly just got revealed as the main villains here the one's keeping the world in a cage as Kanou would say. Furuta has shown a strong dislike for the Washuu's/V and is clearly trying to do his own thing here which is too start a revolution as he's talked about before. It bothers me a bit that some people can't understand a character with out putting them in a black or white category. Furuta is a complex character he isn't good or bad the best way to describe him is choatic neutral.

Furuta is a Washuu

"It bothers me a bit that some people can't read properly" - TheGhoulLife, (edited by physicschild)
Jul 5, 2016 2:29 PM
Sep 2013
Where did you guys read the chapter I gotta know.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.