Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2016 8:56 PM
Dec 2015
So we have two guys.
First guy- "So you wanna die. I will send you to fucking Hell!!! Do you think I'm afraid of losing my own life? No! Why? Because it is more fun when we are both betting our own lives. *uses an extremely dangerous suicide bomb and barely escapes from it* Haven't you heard what people say? If you want to kill someone, prepare to lose yours too."
Second guy- "I will survive. SURVIVE!! No matter what... I will do anything to survive. SURVIVE!!!"
Basically these are stereotypical fights in animes.
Jun 26, 2016 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
The kind of fight where a character you like is at actual risk of dying.
Jun 26, 2016 9:02 PM

Aug 2015
Best fight is where the MC has to throw away his homemade riceballs made by his dying mother if he loses, but the antagonist/villain is forced to eat an entire plate of unseasoned ramen if he wins. For both, that is a fate worse than death.
“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.”Lao Tzu

Jun 26, 2016 9:03 PM

Nov 2015
The first one because the second one has kinda been done before a million times..
Jun 26, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2015
Fight as if your life depends on....I don't like when characters put their ass virginity for other characters...Best example = Fight as if your life depends on = Black Lagoon, Revy - dat girl knows how to do it.
Jun 26, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2011
Nicholaevich said:
The kind of fight where a character you like is at actual risk of dying.
a.k.a. never the main characters.

LiaVoid said:
So we have two guys.
First guy- "So you wanna die. I will send you to fucking Hell!!! Do you think I'm afraid of losing my own life? No! Why? Because it is more fun when we are both betting our own lives. *uses an extremely dangerous suicide bomb and barely escapes from it* Haven't you heard what people say? If you want to kill someone, prepare to lose yours too."
Second guy- "I will survive. SURVIVE!! No matter what... I will do anything to survive. SURVIVE!!!"
Basically these are stereotypical fights in animes.
I think it depends on the setting they were in, and from which perspective we're looking from. The first guy sounds pretty dangerous, the reckless guy who's willing to take his opponent with him; the second guy sounds like he would rather sacrifice his nakama for his own survival if he becomes desperate enough.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 26, 2016 9:22 PM

May 2016
The best kind is the fusion of both...

"I'm not afraid of losing my life...so I will fight to the death...and then...by risking my life...me and my friends will be the ones who survive in the end"
HyperLJun 26, 2016 9:42 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 26, 2016 9:28 PM
Dec 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
The first guy sounds pretty dangerous, the reckless guy who's willing to take his opponent with him; the second guy sounds like he would rather sacrifice his nakama for his own survival if he becomes desperate enough.
I made both of them sound bad because they are both bad. I am comparing the two bads.
LogicalInjustice said:
Best fight is where the MC has to throw away his homemade riceballs made by his dying mother if he loses, but the antagonist/villain is forced to eat an entire plate of unseasoned ramen if he wins. For both, that is a fate worse than death.
Does an anime for that exist?
Jun 26, 2016 9:30 PM

Aug 2015
LiaVoid said:
ToG25thBaam said:
The first guy sounds pretty dangerous, the reckless guy who's willing to take his opponent with him; the second guy sounds like he would rather sacrifice his nakama for his own survival if he becomes desperate enough.
I made both of them sound bad because they are both bad. I am comparing the two bads.
LogicalInjustice said:
Does an anime for that exist?
No, because it is too cruel of an anime to be made. @LiaVoid

Jun 26, 2016 9:32 PM

Jan 2016
The best fight is when the mc or a side character kills fuckn everyone and dies at the end like a fuckn boss.That's the good shit.
Jun 26, 2016 9:35 PM

May 2015
The guy doing ISIS MOVES will probably win.There's nothing to think but to kill that person regardless of your own well being and surroundings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 9:43 PM

Mar 2016
The higher the stakes, the stronger the tension. That's what makes survival horror so much fun. There's a strong chance of death so you feel the gravity of every confrontation.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jun 26, 2016 9:46 PM

Nov 2015
If you say frightening then I will have to go with the first one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 10:06 PM

Feb 2013
Frightening?

Um, when the protagonist has a lot to lose, and you know the show has the balls to go through with it.
Jun 26, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2015
Kezone said:
Frightening?

Um, when the protagonist has a lot to lose, and you know the show has the balls to go through with it.

Or when he/she can actually does lose some of it, instead the anime teasing it and using said theme as a plot device. Too much anime I feel does that sometimes. I agree.

Jun 26, 2016 10:14 PM

Jun 2016
I prefer the fusion of both kind of fights, where the characters are actually trying to kill each other rather than dancing with their own weapons (cough*Star Wars prequel movies*cough)
Jun 26, 2016 10:25 PM
Dec 2015
YellowCorvette said:
I prefer the fusion of both kind of fights, where the characters are actually trying to kill each other rather than dancing with their own weapons (cough*Star Wars prequel movies*cough)
Ikr...I really hate when the characters are talking to each other the whole episode without fighting a bit. And it happens in almost all animes!!! My brother usually skips those episodes like a lot so again we miss a lot of information from those talking episodes. Don't they have a better time to talk?
Jun 27, 2016 12:22 AM

Mar 2016
What kind of fight is the one that happens in Non Non Biyori?
Jun 27, 2016 12:42 AM

Jun 2014
The First one is more enjoyable, while the second one has been terribly overdone.
Jun 27, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2009
MC Fighting with out caring about your life or anyone elses isn't even frightening, If you watching it as an audience. And I doubt the MC will be frighten by it either if he has no care in the world.

MC fighting to survive, will depend on the scenario.
Jun 27, 2016 3:49 AM

Nov 2009
The "Fight without caring your own life or others." option is definitely more dangerous. It's reserved for the times when something more than characters' lives are on the stakes. Which is really cool.

"Survive no matter what" is a situation with lesser stakes, the kind that works better if the one doing it isn't a great warrior, but an ordinary schoolgirl thrown into something too dangerous. Which makes for a good horror story.

So, if you're asking "which fight is scarier to watch", the answer is obviously "fighting for survival". The first option is not about fear.
At least not for me. Other MAL users sometimes make me feel I'm a "proud warrior race guy".

LiaVoid said:
YellowCorvette said:
Ikr...I really hate when the characters are talking to each other the whole episode without fighting a bit. And it happens in almost all animes!!! My brother usually skips those episodes like a lot so again we miss a lot of information from those talking episodes. Don't they have a better time to talk?

When you're talking outside of combat, it can take hours. In combat, talking is a free action. You can convey the entirety of your beliefs with just a couple of punches. There is no better way to talk.

TheDeadApostle said:
What kind of fight is the one that happens in Non Non Biyori?

Not one of them. They can be dramatic at times, but no one's survival is ever threatened. Non Non Biyori isn't frightening.
BTW, if you like this kind of thing, I recommend Dog Days.

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 19 minutes ago

4 by LightWorker »»
52 seconds ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 14 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 10 hours ago

38 by _gt_ohn »»
13 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

30 by logopolis »»
13 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

21 by xqXpx »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.