Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2016 11:44 PM

Apr 2016
This discussion is ignored and not active.Are less people interested in manga discussion?
Jun 25, 2016 11:59 PM

Aug 2015
i think the reason is because manga has a smaller audience compare to anime and all MD thread are boring as hell
Jun 26, 2016 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
Have you searched for other sites to discuss manga ?
I guess there's a reason why it's written anime in MAL and not not manga :P
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Jun 26, 2016 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
try mangaupdates? its dedicated to manga listings and information so i think discussions will be more active there
Jun 26, 2016 10:05 AM

Feb 2016
Carboncolor said:
This discussion is ignored and not active.Are less people interested in manga discussion?
probably
manga is pretty boring in general
i prefer movies and anime
Jun 26, 2016 2:37 PM
Jul 2014
it's not like the subforum for anime discussion has good discussion,it is just shitposts and spam or reposts xD
Jun 26, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
ultravigo said:
i think the reason is because manga has a smaller audience compare to anime and all MD thread are boring as hell

* Smaller western audience.

In the East manga is much more popular.
Jun 26, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
We need some interesting topics to resurrect it.

Though I can't really think of any.

Jun 27, 2016 1:50 AM

Dec 2015
They are less interested in manga in general. Because manga requires a stronger encephalogram.
- they have to read (more),
- more people than it should be find hard to figure out movements for themselves in manga (who are yet recognized as more dynamic than european and american comics)
- relying only on animated adaptations skims a lot of supposed uninteresting/average titles off, thanks to the survival of the fittest (because we all know that only the best things survived the selection for adaptation)

Economically (since the main reason so much people on the Internet watch japanese animation is nothing more than the fact it is supposedly cheap) :
- for pirating purposes (assuming most of this website population is pirating), the video medium is more convenient and adapted to a computer than a comic-book is.
- because manga is in general far more expensive than animation to get a full stand-alone story.
Rei_IIIJun 27, 2016 1:56 AM
Jun 27, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2008
Manga discussion is just not enticing enough on MAL, I do think the majority of the members here are in it for the anime discussions.
Jun 27, 2016 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
I think it's just because not too many people
in this site enjoy reading manga (at least not
as much as watching anime) & those who do
might not always like to share their opinions
on forums.

Majority of people find anime discussion more interesting
which is understandable, for MAL mainly revolves
around series to watch & not series to read.
Jun 27, 2016 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
MrMike420 said:
Carboncolor said:
probably
manga is pretty boring in general
i prefer movies and anime

I don't think you can call manga boring as most anime released are adaptions from manga and often follow very closely frame by frame. Simply, you just prefer it when it is animated and accompanied with voices and soundtracks, which is absolutely okay. However, if you're under the impression that manga is boring I think you might be a bit mistaken as the difference between the two mediums is very little. If you're not enjoying the manga you are reading, it is more likely because that particular manga is not for you than it being a case of manga being boring.

Carboncolor said:

Asides from what was already mentioned, like anime's overwhelming popularity and etc., another reason is that many discussions on the Anime Discussion board could be very much created on the Manga Discussion board too. Topics like "Dropping a series because of an annoying MC" etc. are applicable to manga but everyone creates these dual-type threads on the AD board instead of here as that board is more popular and users are quicker to respond there. Thus specific general discussions on the Manga board are left to quite a few limited topics or a few topics by avid manga readers.

shawnofthedeadzJun 27, 2016 11:07 AM
Jun 27, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
anime was always a bigger medium compared to manga. It's much more attractive if you think about it.

white and black, no sound, no animation, just bubble of text, no music.
Jun 27, 2016 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
You can't talk about the series itself so in the end it will be the same threads that the anime discussion has, no point in having 2 separate discussions if it's gonna be the same thing.

Also the mods take down any good threads, like the general magazine threads (shounen jump).
Jul 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2014
phsg94 said:
it's not like the subforum for anime discussion has good discussion,it is just shitposts and spam or reposts xD

Definitely agree with this. I rarely ever visit the anime forum and when I do I just read through the topics and leave. It is always the same type of shit over and over. Sure, it may be more active but no good discussions are to be had there.
Jul 2, 2016 9:28 PM

Feb 2015
who wants to read when you have hentai?

thought so.

More topics from this board

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
6 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.