Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 21, 2016 3:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Irregular season series, with nice moments buts horribles too. 4/10.
Jul 23, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2012
HolyFuckingKurwaShit, it was soo good.
Jul 24, 2016 2:06 PM
Jan 2013
Well, this show was a wild ride. Or rather, to be more accurate, it was an absurd ride. I hope for more of this in the future.

And Luluco better make cameos in other Trigger series with her being a dimension hopper and all.
Jul 25, 2016 4:46 AM
Jul 2016
sooooooooooooo IS A LITTLE WITCH ACADEMIA TV SERIES CONFIRMED??
Aug 1, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2015
Loved these last two episodes, wrapped the series up perfectly, with Nova being a Kiznaiver and whatnot. Can't wait to see the anime the next Trigger Girl will have!

Matryoshka6417 said:
sooooooooooooo IS A LITTLE WITCH ACADEMIA TV SERIES CONFIRMED??
Yep.
WizilizAug 1, 2016 2:54 PM
Aug 5, 2016 12:06 PM
Apr 2016
MoonStar9 said:
Fai said:

Hmmm, I wonder...

Lets get this Kiznaiver episode 12 cameo on this forum.

Another piece for the tinfoil hat theory huh?

they look very mature there!
i'm totally in if they do a series with all of them together like carnival phantasm!
Aug 15, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2012

My feels is triggered :(

Ok that was sad..
I'm pretty sure that they never meet each other ever again :(

Wish it was longer anime
I enjoyed it
"Signature removed"
Aug 25, 2016 8:49 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah I need to hit that strain for real.

7/10.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 31, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2016
Now I REALLY look forward to 'Little Witch Academia' the anime series.
And just like what they said in the end, Luluco's going to make an appearance for sure.
But until then,

Miss Trigger.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Sep 1, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2014
Definitely enjoyed this one, despite the fact nearly every single crossover joke went completely over my head.
Sep 9, 2016 8:23 AM
Dec 2009
Can't wait to see Luluco and Nova reunited again one day, somewhere... :)
Glad to see Luluco's dad back too!
Sep 21, 2016 2:48 AM

Dec 2014
This delivered and then some. Trigger have saved anime again! I'm looking forward to more of this Triggerverse.

8/10
Oct 18, 2016 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
MoonStar9 said:
Fai said:

Hmmm, I wonder...

Lets get this Kiznaiver episode 12 cameo on this forum.

Another piece for the tinfoil hat theory huh?

Yay....I was feeling sad BUT SHE FOUND HIM.

Oct 29, 2016 8:20 PM

Aug 2007
What a crazy series. I wasn't blown away like some, but for what it is, it was a helluva fun time. Didn't mind the shortness of it, a full 30 minute-per-ep run would've been ridiculous for what's more or less a reference-heavy studio celebration. Can't wait for LWA next year!
Dec 7, 2016 12:45 PM
Mar 2016
794 said:
Definitely enjoyed this one, despite the fact nearly every single crossover joke went completely over my head.

I definitely think you should work your way through Trigger's catalog. I would recommend you start with Kill La Kill and Little Witch Acidemeia. Particularly Little Witch because it's getting an anime adaptation in the new year. And there are a lot of jokes that go back to works that the creative staff worked on even before they founded studio Trigger. It's really interesting stuff.
Dec 7, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2014
Meowtine said:
I definitely think you should work your way through Trigger's catalog. I would recommend you start with Kill La Kill and Little Witch Acidemeia. Particularly Little Witch because it's getting an anime adaptation in the new year. And there are a lot of jokes that go back to works that the creative staff worked on even before they founded studio Trigger. It's really interesting stuff.

Yeah, I know they've made some iconic stuff, but the more popular ones couldn't really be further away from my personal zone of interest. I might watch LWA some day, but there's definitely not a chance I'll touch KLK.

I've watched Inou-Battle and Hacka Doll, though. Those were okay. Not great, but okay.
Dec 7, 2016 1:13 PM
Mar 2016
794 said:
Meowtine said:

Yeah, I know they've made some iconic stuff, but the more popular ones couldn't really be further away from my personal zone of interest. I might watch LWA some day, but there's definitely not a chance I'll touch KLK.

I've watched Inou-Battle and Hacka Doll, though. Those were okay. Not great, but okay.

No way!! You should definitely watch Kill La Kill on top of being insanely beautiful the story takes you through serious twists and turns. But looking past it's craziness and absurdity Kill La Kill actually, poses serious questions about the establishment and family just to name a few. I really think you should give it a try.
Dec 7, 2016 1:17 PM

May 2014
Meowtine said:
No way!! You should definitely watch Kill La Kill on top of being insanely beautiful the story takes you through serious twists and turns. But looking past it's craziness and absurdity Kill La Kill actually, poses serious questions about the establishment and family just to name a few. I really think you should give it a try.

Unfortunately I'm extremely picky and selective when it comes to my anime. KLK turns me off just as much as JoJo. I'm pretty much a moe-loving hipster, the worst of the worst. (To many, at least.)
Dec 7, 2016 1:36 PM
Mar 2016
[quote=794 message=48864676]
Meowtine said:

Unfortunately I'm extremely picky and selective when it comes to my anime. KLK turns me off just as much as JoJo. I'm pretty much a moe-loving hipster, the worst of the worst. (To many, at least.)[

That's understandable. But, KLK is really good. But everyone has their thing. Is the moe factor what drew you to Luluco?
Jun 19, 2017 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
Secretary looking fine.
Lalaco with the pun.
The trigger logo.
Luluco is Miss Trigger.
Ako!
And that was the end.

If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 30, 2017 5:15 AM

Jul 2012
Seems like Luluco was the Trigger mascot this whole time :O

It did say "Tsuzuku!" again at the end, so hopefully we get a sequel in the future 😊
Aug 31, 2017 1:11 PM

Jul 2016
That ending was so Gurren Laggan
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Nov 6, 2017 12:08 AM

Oct 2015
Wow.
It's not that I expected much, but this was surprisingly bad. 4/10.
Mar 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
NOVA NOOOO!!!
Love the show overall. It was funny, zany, crazy and amazing!! I like the ending as well.
Sep 14, 2018 4:18 PM

May 2018
Man, if only the complete show was as good as the last 4 episodes.
The art style was nonetheless top notch as usual.

Mar 25, 2019 10:19 PM

Mar 2017
Luluco, Miss Trigger ♥

I loved this part though, this was so cute:

This episode was so bittersweet, i don't know what to feel ;w;
Novaaa~~~~
I hope that they will meet each other again

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 9, 2019 12:16 AM

Jul 2016
"People die when they're shot."

Luluco really pulled off an Emiya Shirou, huh?
Jul 22, 2019 8:29 PM

Feb 2015
Best TRIGGER show by a few miles.

Aug 9, 2019 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this show sure was quite a journey. So over the top yet so entertaining at the same time.

Quite enjoyable series overall. Sad there won't be more FIGHT FOR JUSTICE tho.

7/10 - My only complaint would be that besides Guts, neither Ryuuko nor Satsuki made a cameo in any of the episodes but well. It wasn't really something that important either.
Sep 28, 2019 8:59 AM

Oct 2015
I guess Luluco was trigger itself! I liked that she was promoted along with everybody, I hope she can meet Nova on that dimension. I loved her white outfit, it looked badass on her. That was a nice fitting and satisfying ending for me. I guess her father Keiji is still in pursuit of her mother, how romantic. Her mother is still a pirate:-) The secretary is still silent to the end!

Loved this series unique romance, Luluco's first love, how stunning. I also saw some familiar faces, from Sucy at ep 8 and Inferno cop at ep 11. The art was also amazing, I liked the characters too, my favorite was Midori! For a short anime it sure packed a hard punch!

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 29, 2019 6:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was a pretty good anime overall, especially graphically
Mar 29, 2020 3:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was really fun. Lots of gold Trigger references.

Trigger-chan! Just the tip of the iceberg, I suppose.

Bittersweet for Nova-kun and Luluco but I like how it coincides with her parent's relationship in that aspect. Keep fighting, Dad and Luluco!

Solid 7/10 from me!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 15, 2020 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
That was absolutely insane, thogh I expect nothing less from Studio Trigger! That Trigger pull just made me feel all the passion they pour into their works explode forth along with the shot, and I think that sums it up pretty well! Bravo!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Apr 26, 2020 8:51 AM
Aug 2018
This show was wild from the beginning but nocap that ending made me sad unexpectedly. Great characters and loved the other Trigger references
Apr 30, 2020 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Having watched Little Witch Academia and Japan Animator Expo absolute love the reference but didn't realize they also exist in Kiznaiver until this thread, not that i pay that much attention to screen corners.

The anime is unique as the same Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Redline style animation, watching at first feels like grinding an old rusty engine to start for the first 5 episodes then things get simplified and has a better focus.

"First love is invincible" just wow with that pure brightness.. getting blasted with memories that i once were as well with that PiPoPa ED track really love it, a great short story for a nostalgic trip.
May 1, 2020 2:01 PM
Feb 2016
That was a pretty shit ending. The show had some potential the first two eps,but then turned in to more episodic eps where luluco is trying to confess to the blond guy to only reveal some kind of plot around ep 8 which doesn't make any sense. The villain literally finds the most useless objects so he can break them ? The main villain had no depth whatsoever to him.

He was nothing but a plot device to further the message behind luluco not as a character but a self insert for to young kids to tell them that their worries and love for certain things do matter. Which I don't disagree with,but the execution of this narrative is so bad that it feels like this message is being used a cover to excuse the nonsensical plot (ie you can't call this show bad because some people do like it)

I was expecting a bit more but I seems like this show has not much for it beside nice animation,a flashy artstyle and just references to other trigger shows. Luckily it only had 6/7 min per ep instead of the average 22 min and 12 ep cour.
Aug 6, 2020 9:06 AM

Feb 2020
It was okay... I guess. I've seen people calling it a Trigger commercial and I definitely see why. I caught most of the references, but since I haven't seen any of the shows (aside from the first episodes and a few random scenes of Kill la Kill), the fanservice didn't have any effect on me. I was glad to hear Midori with Haruko's voice though. (But while I really like Mayumi Shintani as Haruko, I found her to be pretty annoying as Midori, even though she grew on me.)
There was some fun scenes, and the over-the-topness most of the time wasn't annoying but actually entertaining, but... That's all.
I didn't like the path this show took. It started as a pretty fun parody, but after a while it started taking itself way more seriously, while awkwardly trying to hide that behind a wacky facade.
It didn't work for me. At first I found the message to be quite interesting with Luluco's first love being meaningless (and I must admit the plot twist with her randomly dying made me laugh), but then it turned into a "the protagonist loses hope because of the bad guy but then regains this hope thanks to a motivational talk with a random character and now BAM CHARACTER GROWTH" kind of situation.
It is pretty clear that on one hand, it was supposed to be seen as a parody and so is purposely cheesy, but on the other hand it wants to be taken seriously.
Well I can't. I get the message, but the way it is delivered is way too cheesy, even as a parody. I ended up being annoyed at Luluco due to her supposedly learning a lesson but then just going back to Nova anyway. I get the message, but... It's dumb. I'm sorry, but it's dumb.
I still quite like this show. But as a whole, for me, it is just average. They could've done way more.
Mar 16, 2021 4:04 AM

Nov 2009
Is this the worst thing Trigger have ever done? I certainly think so!
Jul 4, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2020
Didnot like this one, it was a waste of my time. i am not sure what i was expecting. this was full of trigger referencing its own series in nauseating painfully obvious way and cheesy dialogues delivered in a dumb way in ocean of ironical situations. On top of all that its not even remotely funny either. rather it was cringey and overbearing. took me a entire day to complete these shorts.

I know concept of first love is a very cheesy stupid thing. but trigger doesn't need to make a entire series to make people self realise that. that's just being too cruel. let people dream, what would u burst the bubble and reveal the stupidity.
True hidden message, what i got from this anime is Imaishi having a cynical outlook on love stories, looking back at his other anime, i realise it might probably be true

Anyways Inferno cop >> Space Patrol Luluco (even the reference of inferno cop in this show was better than everything else about this show)
AdampkJul 4, 2021 12:57 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 10, 2021 1:27 AM

Mar 2020
I mean this is too stupid even for this anime! If Nova was a nothingling why did he even help the b-hole in the first place?!
Dec 14, 2021 8:05 PM
Dec 2017
great series overall.

Aug 18, 2022 12:16 PM

Aug 2022
This was my first short ever and I've enjoyed it more than I did for a lot of full-length shows! Everything about it was so epic! This last fight made me cry and laugh simultaneously! I'm officially a fan now!

10/10!!!
Sep 2, 2022 9:33 PM
Aug 2022
A Bite-sized Trigger show if you could ever ask for one.
Apr 8, 2023 1:55 PM
Apr 2015
i think the blackholian's represent the gatekeeper's or elitists who tells you what has value or not and that only their elitist views are acceptable, it's like those guys who judge you based on you bein g''basic'' or enjoying ''low class'' products, i think that was the point.

so basically, he targeted luluco specifically because he wanted to humiliate her as she saw her love for a prettyboy with not much of a personality worthless. it's like again, when an elitist specifically targets you for enjoying ''worthless'' activities.

Nov 8, 2023 7:54 AM

Oct 2018
Oh so Luluco is Trigger-chan.
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
Space Patrol Luluco put Imaishi Hiroyuki over the top for me XD the first directorial work of his I saw all the way through was Promare when it out in theaters (tried watching Kill La Kill around 2015 and dropped it pretty quickly), but the animation style really turned me off. Since Promare, I never gave Trigger another chance.

Recently, I watched Gurren Lagann in anticipation of the movies getting screened in theaters and that one floored me. It made me give Kill La Kill another shot when I found out that it had the same director and writer as Gurren Lagann and I'm glad I did; Kill La Kill was also fucking incredible. I decided to follow it up with Space Patrol Luluco cause I wanted to see the next thing Imaishi worked on and I loved it!

I was surprised that the story got semi-serious towards the end hahaha XD I would've been happy had it just fucked around the whole time. This last episode was beautifully animated <3

This show made take notice of Trigger. The next one I've been meaning to check out is Little Witch Academia. I'm also gonna have to check out Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt to see what the rest of Imaishi Hiroyuki's catalog looks like :) I'm really looking forward it!
Feb 4, 11:25 PM

Dec 2022
wow in the end that really hit KLK level epic loved it loved it amazing gnarly superb simply splendid
POST SCRIPT AKKO CAMEO!
Apr 13, 1:43 AM

Jan 2015
Whenever I finish this series, I think, "okay, when's the Trigger-chan film?" Big crossover movie kind of deal, following off of this, haha.
Great last episode though. Really easy binge, rewatched the whole thing in one session the day after finishing my Kill la Kill rewatch.
You gotta love the Trigger references throughout.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2016

63 by ChromeRide »»
Apr 21, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

91 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 13, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

79 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 13, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

67 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 13, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2016

125 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 13, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.