Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jun 28, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2015
slip123 said:
Biba is just a bunch of cliches, the emo kid with daddy issues, it pieces me off so much. The first 7 episodes of this series were awesome, but since his appearence it all went to sh*t. Anyway, I'm hoping at least for a decent ending.

i agree. Biba should never be created. We already saw that villain so many times. They should have followed another direction in this show. It's the first episode of kabaneri that i really hated it. Mumei become a silly girl after biba's first appearence.
Jun 28, 2016 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
HyperL said:

A story is nothing without its characters tho (IMO), if I don't care about the characters, how am I going care about the story that revolve around said characters?
Thats why I said the show is character-driven, the story isn't really worth taking note of because it's not solid.

zal said:
I don't see it as a character driven story though. For me KnK is more of an action driven anime.
I see your point, it just felt more character than action-driven for me :)
Jun 29, 2016 12:58 AM

Jun 2015
That ending was boss, with both Ikoma and Mumei becoming monsters. Pretty hyped for the next episode.
uh oh!
Jun 30, 2016 4:48 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Mumei, Biba is a pain...it would be better without him, just them fighting against the evil...
Jun 30, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2013
What amazing is how I managed to understand the story or what supposed to be a story despite a series of "rolling my eyes to another dimension". Now if they can atleast end it neatly, I'll be happy satisfied.
Jun 30, 2016 7:59 AM
Jun 2016
Hello Guys
if you are currently fanboying Kabaneri, read this through.
How the fuck could a small group of people, who can't even fight properly CAPPTURE Biba???? It doesnt make sense. The writers just realized what they have made and tried to cover it with some more bullshit. I hope this shit doesnt get a second season or even OVA's. I was kinda hyped for this "masterpiece" of "aaarrttt" but the end is very porly written.
Jun 30, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2009
EliteWatcherPro said:
Hello Guys
How the fuck could a small group of people, who can't even fight properly CAPPTURE Biba????

Did you actually watch this episode? They didn't capture him but it was his plan use them to get inside and kill his father.
Jun 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2009
EliteWatcherPro said:
Hello Guys
How the fuck could a small group of people, who can't even fight properly CAPPTURE Biba???? It doesnt make sense. The writers just realized what they have made and tried to cover it with some more bullshit. I hope this shit doesnt get a second season or even OVA's. I was kinda hyped for this "masterpiece" of "aaarrttt" but the end is very porly written.

........... The capture wasn't real.... You know that right?
I say this, because you sounded like you thought that we were suppose to think that Ayame really caught him......... When, it was obviously a trap that we were likely clearly suppose to see a mile a way......

He was blackmailing Ayame in order for her to help him get in there...... Also, the people had no idea how many people where in the train. They can't see through the iron walls. So, its not like the writers expected that they would need to worry about how believable it was too us. The point was, they were complacent characters in a walled city who wanted to believe that he had been captured........ And so they did. I say this with a great dislike for Biba and not being a fangirl. I really don't know what I think of it all at this time, actually.
windeen-windyJun 30, 2016 9:40 AM
Jun 30, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2012
EliteWatcherPro said:
Hello Guys
The Kotetsujyo crew CAN fight properly, but only really against Kabane as they don't want to kill people. If you were paying attention in episode 10, you'd know there was a chance of them capturing Biba. Ikoma's plan was to take control of the engine room; if they succeeded, Biba wouldn't be able to do anything. Regardless, the Shogun doesn't know how capable the people of the Kotetsujyo are, so he wouldn't have much reason to think they were lying. Plus, he's been wanting to kill Biba. It makes sense he would try to instead of not letting him in, potentially allowing him to get away and cause more destruction.

PS: Why make a MAL account just to rate two shows 1/10? If you really hate anime that much you shouldn't be here, you're wasting your life.
Phoebe3315Jun 30, 2016 10:11 AM
Jun 30, 2016 4:30 PM

Feb 2015
A lot better than the past few episodes and the ending got me really hype as well. Can't wait for the last episode, it's been a rollarcoaster ride
Jun 30, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! the way how they used the new ED "Through My Blood" was to epic and fitting!
Power-up Ikoma ready for Rampage mode!
5/5!

Jun 30, 2016 11:51 PM

Jan 2013
So much destruction at this point. Wonder how it will possibly wrap up
Jul 1, 2016 10:58 AM
Jul 2014
Does anyone know what piano song played during Mumei's transformation scene? I've been looking everywhere for it and I could'nt even find it in the original soundtrack...
I want to learn how to play this but I don't even knonw what it's called, any ideas?
Jul 1, 2016 12:02 PM

Nov 2015
Biba is a total stupid character, I mean, his plan is equivalent to kill an entire country just because the president is corrupt and you have daddy issues.

The second ending was nice, as expected from Aimer.
Jul 2, 2016 3:25 AM
Mar 2012
Nice piano, good new ED.
Ayame's ponytail + white dress & Ikoma's new hair & over tanned look were worth it.
Forgot there's plot... Pink villain sits in lord's seat feeling the hollowness of revenge, lol maybe not.
Mumei becomes giraffe starwars walker, with butterflies.
Jul 2, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
The only noticeable thing is the last scene, pure shounen, but ironic at the same time, the rest is too obvious, and the measure of how trivial the plot, the previous idea formulated, is proving to be more and more true. How sad characters, including those that are never seen and that should be the hub to spin the story, to the main ones, obvious and childish, there is little to be happy. ^^"
Jul 2, 2016 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
I have to admit, Biba's plan was pretty awesome. He went in there alone!

Will Ikoma stop whining and become a badass? Stay tuned! (he did look pretty cool at the end there, but I have my doubts)
Jul 5, 2016 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
Come on, Ikoma vs. Biba showdown for the finale!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 6, 2016 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
Mumei : "Mother...I'll be joining you soon"
I wished I could still think that positive despite being the one partially responsable for the death of thousands.

Nope, still couldn't care less about Biba and his daddy issues.

Them Guilty Crown feels once again...badass Ikoma incoming.
KashKetchumJul 6, 2016 7:05 AM
Jul 7, 2016 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
After he finally quits crying and gave himself a much needed haircut, I was ready to cheer on Ikoma again. Then he pops that potion.... whaaaaaat!? Get some!! Pretty cool.

Ayame looking good in that outfit without being too overly fan serviced. Nicely done.

Biba is terrible. He could've used an entire flashback episode to explain wtf he's doing and why and then I'd buy it but as is here he's just a plot device to put the MCs in peril and watch how awesome they can be.
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
Jul 8, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
Finally, I have been waiting for something like this for a few episodes now, but I just didn't come soon enough. Anyways, it's here, so let's see how it plays out...
Jul 9, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
Meh episode, lot of set up for the finale, some advancements I didn't care about too much. I'll say while this episode was just ok for me, and I've had problems with this series throughout if it can deliver an exciting and bloody finale I'll be willing to forgive it many of its faults. My personal wishes for the finale, I just don't want Mumei to die. Despite being frustrating within the narrative, she's been one of my favorite characters and giving her a tragic death... well it would have to be pretty damn good to satisfy me.

I really didn't like Ikoma in this episode. I suppose I should have some sympathy for him, he has been through a lot. But I found myself kind of Kurusu's side throughout, just shut up and nut up. Forreal though why do so many, anger and angst fueled, cringe worthy action series protagonists just alternate between unsettlingly blood thirsty and crying and blubbering for episodes at a time. It gets pretty old.

My biggest questions going into the finale, will they actually kill Ikoma? Will it be a bleak all hope is lost ending? Something satisfying and final? Or an our fight continues ending presumably in hopes of making another cour once they finally finish SNK2? I'd be ok with the latter I think another cour could iron this series out even more some pun intended.
Jul 20, 2016 10:00 AM

May 2012
Damn what an episode, the only thing Biba wants to do is cause geos and pretty much exterminate everyone :/

As well as Mumei I do hope there would be a way to revert her transformation, but I actually doubt that.

That said I'm really interested to see how this series will end in the next episode!
Jul 20, 2016 6:21 PM
Jun 2013
Ikoma crying like a little bitch; where’d that resolve from the first 10 episodes go? Then a couple of words, and he’s magically a badass with the burning desire to cut his hair...

Villain is terrible. This anime is beyond repair.
Jul 28, 2016 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
Didn't that guy manage to swim to the short with one arm while holding a heavy iron weapon?

So Biba isn't just after revenge but he actually has daddy issues.
How nice he managed to become completely pathetic. This guy ruined the show. It was better when it was about survival from crazy zombie corpses.

Can anyone explain to me what is the point of making Mumei a big dark monster when he already killed his father and pretty much already destroyed everything?
So the whole reason for creating her doesn't even exist because she's just gonna rampage for no reason because her rampage will produce no result. WTF! is the writer kidding us?

D1UTURNUS said:
Shogun: "Be on alert for Biba and his rebellion."
Servant: "Sir, there is a train that wants in, it has Biba on it."
Shogun: "Let it in."

Sorry i can't give you that. That is not valid criticism.
It wasn't Biba's train and he was supposedly a prisoner.
MonadJul 28, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 28, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
Monad said:
Can anyone explain to me what is the point of making Mumei a big dark monster when he already killed his father and pretty much already destroyed everything?
Biba wants to literally destroy the stations. It's not enough to simply fill them with Kabane because if say the Kotetsujyo crew cleared them out, the station could easily contain people again.

The Shogun used Biba and the army he put together (probably consisting of people who wanted to fight the Kabane instead of hide) as an opportunity to build the stations when he sent them out and left them for dead. He wanted to only leave his fellow cowards who would hide in the stations with him. This is why Biba feels so strongly about destroying the stations and survival of the fittest. If you want to understand Biba even better, I recommend reading this: http://innerchorus.tumblr.com/post/146658296434/biba-fear-other-emotions
Jul 28, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2008
Phoebe3315 said:
Monad said:
Biba wants to literally destroy the stations. It's not enough to simply fill them with Kabane because if say the Kotetsujyo crew cleared them out, the station could easily contain people again.

The Shogun used Biba and the army he put together (probably consisting of people who wanted to fight the Kabane instead of hide) as an opportunity to build the stations when he sent them out and left them for dead. He wanted to only leave his fellow cowards who would hide in the stations with him. This is why Biba feels so strongly about destroying the stations and survival of the fittest. If you want to understand Biba even better, I recommend reading this: http://innerchorus.tumblr.com/post/146658296434/biba-fear-other-emotions

Seriously i read a post above too that explained what happened and the background story was nice etc BUT even if there is the most awesome background ever to this story it will not make the score for the show any better because the score is for the show not some other stories.
The show should have explained this shit inside the show not tell you "read this".
And truly the show explained very little other than him having daddy issues and feeling betrayed by not getting provisions.
Jul 28, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2012
Monad said:
Phoebe3315 said:

Seriously i read a post above too that explained what happened and the background story was nice etc BUT even if there is the most awesome background ever to this story it will not make the score for the show any better because the score is for the show not some other stories.
The show should have explained this shit inside the show not tell you "read this".
And truly the show explained very little other than him having daddy issues and feeling betrayed by not getting provisions.
Biba still made it clear enough that he wants to bring down the actual stations though (he wasn't just trying to kill his father). That is the point of making Mumei into a Nue.
Jul 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
Phoebe3315 said:
Monad said:

Biba still made it clear enough that he wants to bring down the actual stations though (he wasn't just trying to kill his father). That is the point of making Mumei into a Nue.

He made clear he didn't like anyone staying inside the stations and that he considered them cowards BUT it still make no sense for Mumei being turn into a monster really.
It wasn't completely clear that he wants to destroy the structures themselves really but even if it was you don't need to turn her into a monster, some canons and bombs can pretty much destroy lots of it. Along with the Kabane going around and nature taking it's course with no one doing maintenance, the whole things will be nothing in no time.
Jul 28, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2012
Monad said:
Phoebe3315 said:

He made clear he didn't like anyone staying inside the stations and that he considered them cowards BUT it still make no sense for Mumei being turn into a monster really.
It wasn't completely clear that he wants to destroy the structures themselves really but even if it was you don't need to turn her into a monster, some canons and bombs can pretty much destroy lots of it. Along with the Kabane going around and nature taking it's course with no one doing maintenance, the whole things will be nothing in no time.
I don't know...it would take a ton of cannonfire/bombs to destroy the walls of that huge capitol, which Kabane themselves can't do much to destroy. Mumei is supposed to serve as a "lethal grenade" (in the lyrics to "icon" in the soundtrack, it says "Have you stripped your spirit down cause we made you so, to be our lethal grenade"). It's the easiest and fastest method of destruction. The only way they could efficiently bomb the walls is if the train tracks went right by all the walls and they could do it from the train, but that isn't the case.
Phoebe3315Jul 28, 2016 12:09 PM
Aug 12, 2016 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
Ayame caused thousands of people to die and she didn't even bat an eye, kek.
Sep 14, 2016 4:41 AM
Dec 2009
Interesting lead up to the final episode. It feels like there's so much going on, I don't know how they're going to wrap it all up...
Sep 27, 2016 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
Biba killed his father, out of fear he says lol.
Mumei is turned into black smoke, Ikoma also injects the same power in his heart.
Lets see if final is between Ikoma and Mumei. kill Biba first ;c
Oct 18, 2016 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
This fucker Biba really wants to watch the world burn. I don't get why the hell they would even allow him near the Shogun in the first place after all the shit he's done. What a bunch of idiots.

Then there's Ikoma cutting his hair for some reason when all this shits going down, that was just corny as hell. We also don't need an explanation on how Kurusu and that other guy survived the fall I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Almost forgot, how the hell can he shoot the gun that he attached to his severed arm????
Avenger-senpaiOct 18, 2016 4:23 PM
Nov 16, 2016 5:41 AM

May 2013
I laughed my ass off.
ARE YOU A KABANE?
NO I AM DEFINITELY NOT A KABA-
YOU'RE A KABANE
NO YOU'RE A KABANE
EVERYONE IS KABANE
FUCK KILL EVERYONE OH NO
Reminds me of this iDubbbz video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jooG1yVwFDA
Dec 14, 2016 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
No way in hell Kurusu was that close just by walking.

LMAO at how they turned on the Shogun with the quickness.

Ikoma has his own Rock Buster now.

Ikoma reminding me of Edward Scissorhands with that haircut.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 25, 2017 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
This show is pretentious, takes itself way seriously even though it's ridiculous. No wonder the reviews are so low.

You know shit's gonna go down when edgelord protagonists cuts their own hair.
May 29, 2017 12:55 AM

Jan 2014
I sometimes really wonder if Ikoma is smart or stupid
Aug 31, 2017 11:36 PM

May 2013
I was starting to get a little bored towards the end, but Ikoma's transformation brought it back a bit. Let's finish strong pls~
Nov 26, 2017 1:20 AM

Jun 2016
Eh that was an okay episode. Mumei is still there despite her being repaired and now she becomes a Nu and can be cured if injected with a white plasma. Kurusu found Ikoma and enlightened him about Mumei saving him since he's still alive. Lmao.

Ikoma injected himself with that black thingy and removed his restraints to release his true power or whatever. Biba's father was killed by Biba after turning him into an almost Kabane. Idk what to call that since he's still like a human being despite having that Kabane symptoms. Lmfao. And tells everyone that there are more Kabane hiding amongst them and started killing each other then they released Kabane. Pffft.

Fuck Biba.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 20, 2019 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
The amount of bullshit in this episode was too much for me to handle. Everyone except for Biba is so damn retarded just to make him look like a genius. First of all Ayame could have given her uncle some hint that they are actually the ones who were being captured. Then they bring Biba's sword with him, a weapon for the captive... what? After that his father knew that he schemed something, but still did EXACTLY what he wanted him to do anyway. And afterwards just saying that everyone could be a corpse is enough for them all to shoot each other, yeah just believe your enemy who wants to kill you like that... Not to say that Biba's plan is still a mystery to me. Kill every human being -> ??? -> Profit? He literally wants the corpses to win apparently.

Not to say that Ikoma is even worse. He lost all will to fight because of Takumi's death. Okay. I can understand that. But once he knows that No-name can be saved, he turns around 180°. Really? He literally only cares for the bitch who is responsible for that mess and doesn't give a shit about everyone else on the iron fortress who actually tried their best to survive. What a horrible character.

Rant over. I doubt that the last episode will be able to save this trainwreck.
Apr 19, 2019 4:03 AM

Apr 2010
Ayame bears full responsibility for all killed just like Munmei did for the last fortress. They both did a great job of seeing the short term and kill everyone in the long term

Ikoma should just use the explosive on his heart and die since he has nothing else to live for right? Yet he does not do it. Must be as afraid as the other moron bibi.

Frankly even if Ayamae and Munmei survive, they would have been convicted for their role in slaughtering entire cities. Too bad they get free passes by the author

Oh well, if the entire lot gets killed and the world becomes run by the zombies, that's fine with me
Zaku_FanApr 19, 2019 4:17 AM
Sep 6, 2019 4:11 PM

Mar 2018
I can't believe Ayame sacrificed one of the last and certainly the largest remaning human settlements just to maybe (and that's a big maybe) save a few of her people. She knew very well what happened when Mumei did the same thing and at least Mumei was tricked into to doing it.
Oct 25, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2018
I like this new sexy Ikoma!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Apr 15, 2020 12:16 AM

Dec 2018
The right hand man shogun thinks that Biba is the one that infected the shogun so might as well ask him directly for confirmation.

I won't even bother on why they all ignored Biba during that phase of 'killing each other'.

No wonder Biba's plan going smoothly, Biba has every right to call them cowards.

Ikoma know that the transformation will be like that of a dying light candle, so he transform right rather than using it as a last resort to show how badass he is right now.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 29, 2020 2:42 PM

May 2016
Copy pasta shit...
Jul 16, 2020 7:50 AM
Oct 2017
I still cannot tell if I hate Biba in a good 'he is so evil' way or a bad 'he is so annoying' way

At least it keeps me watching and trying to find out an answer
Dec 29, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2013
That guilty crown reference, ikouma shu
Jan 23, 2021 9:40 AM
Jan 2020
Ikoma looks savage now. Biba is really smart for doing what he did, ofc the bad kind of smart. There goes your best fortress in the world.
Feb 5, 2021 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
I felt bad for Ikoma and Kajika. Everything went absolute downhill since they met Biba.

You can say what you want about Biba, but he's really smart. I was wondering what his plan would look like when he acted like he got catched by Ayame. That's what you can call perfection. I don't care about the shogun, because he was as much of an idiot as Biba but it's horrible what happened to all the innocent people.

I'm glad Ikoma met Kurusu. Ikoma was about to lose himself and completely give up. At least he realized Mumei saved him. What happened at the end was bad ass and gave me a lot of Attack on Titan vibes. I like the new Ikoma hairstyle with his Barret gun hand lol. Only one episode left. I hope he will be able to keep his promise and save Mumei.

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.